[PP-F1] The lone wolves (Astropheric) [Complete]

As the moon began to rise on Floor 1 Lily got up from the wooden bench that she had been laying down on for the past 3 hours or so. It was getting very boring on floor 1 lately as Lily had almost seen every single shop and building in the town. Even though she was free to just walk out of the city, Lily was somewhat nervous to actually go out and fight. She was excited to try out her virtual short sword, however the knowledge of being able to die was quite demotivating. With small steps Lily walked away from the gate of the starting city where the bench was located, and roamed back into a deserted alley as it began to get darker. She looked down at her feet as she kept walking. Her sheathed sword slowly moved up and down, making a quiet clicking noise everytime the sheath hit her leg. The noise was muffled as her sword was almost completely hidden underneath the purple sailor outfit that she was wearing.

"My heart is a ghost town " she quitely sang. Ghost town was one of her favorite songs which she used to listen to almost every day. Lately it had gotten stuck into her head again so the temptation of singing a few words here and there was really big. Lily stopped walking and leaned her back against a brick wall to the left of her. She didn't have anywhere to go really so there was no point in exhausting herself by just walking around aimlessly. It was getting somewhat cold so Lily wrapped her arms around herself and let out a sigh.

Edited by Lily
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Jeez whys it so cold out, its a game, hows this even possible"

matt had already learned however that this game was definitely not what it seemed, he'd already seen the boars after all, the way the fought was so, real. But not even that the weather and the feel of everything was amazing. Aside from the whole death game thing matt thought he could come to love this world. But no he had to survive, but for now he was just wondering around in the starting city during the cold night in this death game.

Matt didn't really know where he was going nor did he care, as long as he was still going. After sometime matt grew tired though and found a bench too sit on. He sat there head in hands thinking of his future contemplating outcomes, matt did this often playing out several possible paths the future could go. He played out the fact that he could die, or maybe he would survive and be the hero, ormaybe he'd   just survive, who knew.

When he looked up from his thoughts his eyes fell on a girl. Mind you matt was not one of THOSE guys,he didn't   chase girls but this one looked troubled, she was walking into a dark alley after all and looked absent. Matt saw the girl disappear in the alley and he became curious and followed. He walked into the alley and saw the girl against the wall hugging herself, she was clearly cold. Matt decide to be a little different, normally he would have walked away but for some reason this girl kept him there. Matt began to walk up to the girl as he took of the white jacket he was wearing. He then moved his messy brown hair out of his eyes before saying

"hey, you look like you could use this more than I." 

Edited by Astropheric

I wonder if animals actually understand people when they talk to them, i want to be friends with a bunny.. or a dragon. lily thought as she slowly closed her eyes. I wonder if dragons are actually in th- Lily was taken out of her thoughts by a longer man. She looked up at the man as he seemed to offer his jacket to her. Lily didn't really want to take it from him as it was weird to just take it from a stranger, but it seemed that he didn't really care about who he was giving it to. Her serious expression remained on her face as she began to talk in a soft tone, "Are you sure?" she said as her eyes fell on the white jacket. It was very odd in her eyes for a stranger to just give away a jacket to someone that he/she didn't know. Lily realized that it was most likely because she looked younger that she really was and that he may have thought that it would be rude to leave a little girl on her own in the cold.

It was getting darker, making it somewhat hard for the short girl to see. The streets that were crowded with Npc's only 30 minutes ago, was now almost completely deserted. Lily wasn't affraid of the dark, but being in a dark alley with a stranger that seemed to be much stronger than her was somewhat uncomfortable. The man didn't seem to have any thoughts about hurting her but she still was unsure about how to act in the situation.

The girl hadn't eaten all day as she had no col and had already made her way through the food that you start with. She was getting quite hungry which wasn't the best timing. Even though she was hungry, there was no way that she would ask the stranger for money as that would just be pathetic.

The girl looked up at me somewhat wearily as if she was frightened. I could see why this wasnt the best place to be at this time of night. Escpecially as i probally look like a creep right about now.

"Are you sure" she asks. I look at her face seeing how serious it was but the softness in her voice hid something else, or so it seemed. But i ignored it and progressed the converstation. However i tried to progress as carefully as i could while still getting my point across. There was no way this poor girl could sit there all night, and if she refuses my next offer, guess ill be getting comfortable here as well. But she dodnt need to know that. Might scare  her that s stranger would go through so much. But lets see how this goes.

"Of course, but..." I look up at the sky  as i continue my expression as blank as normal "its getting dark, you can take my jacket and sleep out here, or you can come with me to an inn. You know it wont be very comfortable out here all night" i said this to the girl hopeing she wouldnt take it the wrong way. This game, no this life had messed with my emotions and i truly did want to help this poor girl. " if its too weird you dont have to, but i cant leave you alone out here all night, so i plead to you to join" i say before i sit down next to her, jacket still in hand.

The man gave her a easy choice, Stay here in the cold with a jacket or go to a warm inn. Lily wasn't dumb so ofcourse she picked the inn. Lily got up from her leaning position and looked at the man "Let's go to the inn if you don't mind." she mumbled, her serious expression not changing even the slightest. She was happy and confused at the same time that a stranger seemed to care about her. Either he had uncomfortable plans with her, or just genuinly cared for her because she seemed to be a little girl.

Lily didn't really know how to thank the man, so she just did a thing that she always did to thank the maids, give them a hug. Lily got closer to the man and gave him a quick hug. "Thank you" she mumbled with a slight bow. Even though she'd rather be alone, leaving the man after he gave her an offer like this would just be rude.

After hugging the man Lily took a few steps back and wiped some hair that was slightly blocking her sight behind her ears. She didn't know if he was comfortable with a stranger immediatly making physical contact, but that wasn't something that she was really bothered about. "I'm Lily." she mumbled as she took off the purple rubber band on her left arm. Lily pushed her hair together and pulled the rubber band over it to make a pony tail. Lily's hair would often get stuck on things so making a pony tail would be safer.

I watched as the girl quit leaning on the wall and replied to my choice

"lets go to the inn if you dont mind" i didnt mind of course, made my life alot easier than staying out here. Vut she mumbled it. I could tell the girl was clearly cautious. And then out of no where she hugged me. It wasnt a romantic one or anything just a quick little hug with a "thank you" with you it.

"okay this girls confusing, she seems so reserved but then hugs me... Weird" i think to myself. I smile approvingly but i don't think she catches it. She then takes a step back and moves some hair out of her eyes and for the first time i can truly see them, and they're a stunning hazel, they just have a certain..shine to them. But as i look closer i can tell more about her than just her physical beauty. I can see in her eyes that she's not a very social person. That explains the hug and mixed emotions i keep seeing. I can tell she is still quesrioning me as well...

"im lily" she mumbles as she begins putting some band thing in her hair.

"hope she didn't catch me staring" i think to myself as she continues putting the band in her hair. I knowI'm  good at hiding but this aura, i lost control, they way her eyes told a story. Okay i need to stop getting sidetracked. I quickly made sure that i was still doing my normal no expression thing as i say

"alright come on then lets go. Cant stay out here conversing we can do it inside."  I decide not to give her my name just yet, not unless she brings up again of course. 

" The inns a bit a ways away I remember seeing a nice one  that way" i point north towards the middle of town " im really not cold if you want my jacket till we get there." I say with my jacket extended half my reach towards her.

Lily nodded as the man said that they should go, she wanted to get there as fast as possible so that she wouldn't have to be so cold. She noticed that the man didn't introduce himself after she told him her name. It confused her a little as she thought that it was normal to introduce yourself to each other. Lily kind of wanted to know his name, but she was too tired to make a point out of it so just decided to let it go, she could just make up a nickname for him if needed.

As the man pointed at the direction they had to walk, Lily looked at the direction he was pointing at. Going north meant that they had to walk through a maze of alleys, which was a bit uncomfortable. Lily looked back at the man as he once again offered his jacket to her. She carefully grabbed the jacket and put it on over her Sailor uniform. The jacket was far too big for her but it sure made her feel a bit warmer, which was good. The sleeves covered her hands  and made her look somewhat ridiculous, but she didn't really care about how she looked at the moment. Lily looked at the man and let out a very quick smile, immediatly changing back to her normal expression. "Thank you" she said in a soft and quiet tone.

The girl looked back north into the dark alley that was lighted by a few very faint lamps. Lily felt a bit  uneasy as the alley really looked like it came right out of a stereotypical horror movie. she was a little scared but wouldn't show that to him. Lily looked back at the man with the usual serious expression on her face. "Could you lead the way, Mr?" she said, hoping that he would walk infront of her.

"Haha" i chuckled slightly as the girl, or liky as i now know put on the jacket. It looked lik a girl wearing her boyfriends jacket as it was way to big. I quickly emptied that from my mind though.

"Thank you" she says with a quicksmile after taking the jacket. I can tell she become a little warmer which helps my conscious and contrary to what i said, im freezing. But i dont let it show. I also start realize how were alike. Liliy has had a serious expression the entire time ive been here, and we she loses that expression its for no more than a second before its back to normal, shes clearly hiding somethin, or has gone through something in her life, if we stay together a while ima have to find out why shes like that.

The girl looked back at the alley, the way i had pointed to the inn before looking back 

"Could you lead the way,Mr." She asks. I cant tell from the way she looked there and back that she wasnt too thrilled to be going down the dark alley. I replied in my cold-hearted tone. Which was probally weird considering how nice i was being.

"scared huh? Sure ill lead, guess we might as well get going. Gotta protect the misses to the inn" i smirk as i say the last sentence but i had already turned around and started walking so i doubt sheda seen it. I wasnt trying to be rude i just got tired of her seriousness, was depressing, was this how i was in the real world all the time. Anyway i just wanted to try and lighten the mood a little, hopefully it worked.

Lily frowned as the man said that she was scared, which was true but she wouldn't tell him of course. As the man seemed to make some sort of joke Lily let out a quiet giggle and quickly got closer to the man as he began to walk. as they slowly walked into the darker area, Lily went closer to him and scanned the area to see if there was anything around. Suddenly, some sort of bird flew up and scared Lily. With a quick squeel Lily pushed herself against the man's arm and looked at her right to see what happened. She quickly got back off him and looked up at the man with a guilty look. "Sorry.." she mumbled as she looked back infront of her.

As they made their way through the alley more and more lamps appeared which made her feel a bit better. Lily looked at the man from time to time to see if he was doing anything dodgy, she still didn't completely trust him even though she was wearing his jacket and had agreed to go to an inn with him.

After a while of complete silence Lily looked up at the man and began to talk in her soft and quiet tone. "What's your name? if you don't mind me asking.." even though she assumed that the man didn't want to tell her, it was worth asking him as the silence was making her feel uncomfortable. Lily didn't really care about his name but it was nice to know a bit more about the stranger that had given his jacket to her.

Ahhhh, girls. I cant tell you how funny it was when she jumped, i felt bad ofc she squeeled and everything. But it was so funny, yet worrying, and when she grabed my arm as if for safety, it was rather...cute noo wait. This girls like 14 that is just wrong. I quickly pushed the thought aside. As we walked my legs became tired again, i felt like i was going to colapse. I showed no sign but i was exhausted. I sneaked a look at the girl and saw her looking at the lamps, i could tell she was calmer as she was as...hunches to say. I wondered if was cus shed be able to see the bird coming this,hehe.  I wonder what her favorite anim..

"whats your name?if you dont mind me asking"

it sounded like a question but i think she actually wanted to know

"Can call me Astro, my fill ign is Astropheric, but thats long" i reply coldly still deciding to not tell her my real name. Too be fair i didnt know for sure if lily was her actual name, but i dint want to ask incase she decided to ask the same.

"Call me a weirdo, although im sure youve already thought it" i pause for a second "how old are you, you look so young, but ive never seen such anyoung girl look so expressionless all the time" i never looked back as i said this, just hoped shed heard.

As the man introduced himself Lily smiled slightly and looked down at her feet. "It's nice to meet you, Astro-San"  Now talking a bit louder than usual. Lily somehow felt a bit more comfortable around the man now, knowing his name somehow changed the way she looked at him. He went from a nameless stranger to Astro, however she wasn't sure it was his real name. A while ago she had met someone who was named after a color so far she knew so it could probably be his real name.

When the man called himself a weirdo and said that she had most likely seen him as one Lily shook her head. "No, you aren't a weirdo in my eyes, Astro-san" she said. As Astro asked her how old she was Lily smiled once again. It was always a verification that people were struggling with finding out how old she was. "seventeen, I'm seventeen. what about you, Astro-san"  she asked him. Lily guessed that he was about.. 18?  Lily wasn't really good at guessing ages as she knew how people could look completely different than their age.

With a small sigh Lily scanned the area again, looking everywhere to make sure that there was nothing that could suddenly jump at her.

" no you arent a weirdo in my eyes.Astro-san" lily said. It made me amile, and i sidnt hide it, but she was still a little bit behind me so she may or or may not have seen it.

"seventeen,im seventeen. What about you,astro-san." She seemed so much, more lively and i couldnt really tell why, whether it was that she felt more comfortable i could not tell. It was honestly disturbing how hard it was to read this girl. I was normally so good at reading people, but this girl was worse than trying to understand shakespere the first time, like come on man.

"im seventen" i replied "hard to believe im the same age as you" i quikly back peddle not showing any emotion or changing my face, but just to make sure i didnt hurt the girl, not girl womens feelings. "thats not a bad thing or anything, i wish i could say the same for me" i went into an emotional phase for a minute, not my face nor my voice but only my words. " life was simple when i was younger, being absent minded and oblivious, not having to pay attention to everything around you, not having to make a decision that causes stress every time you try to choose" WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME WHY AM I SPILLING THIS OUT!! I inwardly face palmed at this and quit talking before i said anything else. I decided to let it go and continued walking.

As Lily saw a smile appear on Astro's face she knew that she had said the right thing. He wasn't a weirdo in her eyes really, in Lily's eyes everyone that managed to be weirder than her was a weirdo, and he obviously wasn't as weird as her so far she knew.

When Astro told her he was seventeen Lily wasn't really surprised. Ulike Lily's appearance, His appearance fit his age quite well. Lily nodded as a response to him saying that it was weird to both be the same age. Honestly, she agreed with him as she really didn't look and act like a 17 year old. Lily was sometimes sad that she looked far from mature. Even though it was sometimes handy to look like a twelve year old, she would rather look older than she really is than younger. People always had a hard time with taking her serious simply because of her odd attitude and young appearance. 

The man proceeded to talk and seemed to get into some emotional stuff or some sort of flashback. It confused Lily but it didn't look like the man was enjoying it. "are you okay?" she asked him, looking up at him with a slightly confused look to show him that she was confused

She looked back infront of her and spotted a wooden sign with a drawing of some sort of alchohol bottle carved into the wood. "Hizoruya's Beer 'n Rooms. This way!" Was carved into the wood underneath the bottle. A arrow pointing to the right was carved into the board, underneath the text. Lily began to take of the jacket as they got closer to the sign.

Edited by Lily

"Are you okay"lily asked me after my rant. I became colder and more stone faced than ever.

"yeah, im fine." I saw the sign ahead and could tell lily dif too as she began to take my jacket off i didnt know what she planned on doing now that we were at the inn. And i didnt really either, i just knew i was tired as hell and needed some sleep

"im going to buy a room, all the rooms here have two beds and you welcome to join me, id feel bad dragging you all the way here without offering but i understand if you want a room of you own" i walked away and left the girl standing there for a second to buy myself a room. I was lucky that i had trained on those boar and gained some cor before now as the inns costed a bit, but i didnt mind they were some of the nice ones in the city. As i was waiting to be told my room i went into deep thought. I met a cute girl and had been extremely nice to her, but shes rather cautious and seems to be scared. Im not sure how she feels about this world, but she doesnt seem to have killed any mobs yet. 

"Your room sir" the npc told me my room and i walked back to lily who hadnt moved.

"joining? Cus im tired and im going to bed"

Edited by Astropheric

The "yeah i'm fine" was probably the most unbelievable thing she had heard today. Even though he had just had some sort of flashback he decided to throw out an easy answer.

As they walked into the Inn Lily immediatly felt much more comfortable by the heat of the building. The place was somewhat quiet which was a good thing in her eyes. Lily held Astro's jacket and followed him, staying close so that she wouldn't lose him.

When the man told her he was going to buy a room and that there was space for her Lily didn't really know what to do. The fact that she had no col made it really hard to deny the offer, it felt like she didn't really have a choice. As Astro walked away Lily remained on the same spot and looked around for a bag of col or anything like that, it was weird that she actually had thoughts of stealing someone's stuff just to get a room on her own because she was scared of being.. abused? When Astro came back to her Lily nodded, "Yes please" she said in the same tone as before. 

Edited by Lily

"Alright then, well rooms this way" we got lucky and got a room close to the reception area, i hoped it made lily feel safer that she was closer to the people. I mean honestly, if some guy offered me a room like i just did ida been like wth no thanks. We got to the room and i opened the door and let lily walk in before i closed it. I take a look around the room. It wasnt stellar but there were no holes or amything thankfully, the walls were an uglu brown however and aside for two beds a table and a couple of chairs the room was empty. I went over to the bed and laid back looking blankly into the cieling.

"Call me matt, its my real name." I tell her my real name, shes trusted me this far so i felt she deserved it. After all i know it must be hard for her. Shes trapped here and probally doesnt know who to trust. But i hope in time she trusts me.

Lily followed the man to the room, somewhat regretting her decision. She had been sleeping outside for a while so it wouldn't matter if she did so once again.. Lily was confused and juat didn't know what to expect from the man. Sleeping in the same room as someone you had just met felt uncomfortable..

The uncomfortable feeling didn't fade and only got worse as they got to the room. As Astro kept the door open for her Lily quickly walked into the room and looked around. The place wasn't the most exciting thing to look at, but it was better than a wooden bench. Lily waited for the man to pick a bed and walked to the other one as he took a bed. She set down on the surprisingly soft matrass and looked at the man that had already laid down. When he suddenly told her his real name she was surprised as she thought that Astro was his real name.. "Okay" she said as a response.

It was nice to atleast know the name of the person that she was sharing a room with, and it somehow making her feel a bit less nervous. Her thoughts about him being a abusive person slightly faded as they remained silent for a while. 

Lily carefully took her shoes and purple knee socks off, pushing them underneath her bed so that she wouldn't trip over them when she got out of the bed the next day. Her eyes fell back on Matt as she sat back up. "Thank you for letting me sleep here.. I appreciate it" she mumbled in a soft tone. 

Edited by Lily

"Look, i know you dont feel any sense of safety in here, i know you dont trust me and i know that me saying this wont help possibly. But i dont want to hurt you only to help, i can tell you havent fought anything, and as much as you try to hide it uve been scared alot since we met, but i hope the room helps in any case."  As i finish saying this i get up and begin to leave.

"ill be in that room"  i point at the wall signifying the room next door

" if you need me"

I stand there for a moment thinking. So much had happened today, i killed some boars and even wolves. Then i cam back to town and saw a girl in need. And i decided to help her. Was it the right choice? I think so but its hard to tell whether shes appreciative or not. Either way i helped someone besides myself for the firsttime in my life. And it honestly felt good.

"night" i say before leaving the room.

As honest words flew out of the man's mouth Lily began to feel horrible. Because she felt so uncomfortable she now made the one that helped her feel bad.. Lily looked down as she felt guilty. She usually easily got away with hiding emotions but today it didn't work out as she had planned. She felt really bad that she had somehow made the man think that she was absolutely terrified and he was now leaving the room that he had paid. 

Lily couldn't stop looking down as she felt so guilty all of a sudden. As the man walked to the door and opened it Lily opened her mouth to say something but she simply couldn't think of anything. He wasn't going to stay anyways as he probably felt uncomfortable now because of her. Lily looked back down as the door closed and mumbled "I'm sorry."  Lily took of her belt with her sword's sheath attached to it and put it down next to her shoes. Lily put out the lights and crawled underneath the blanket, doing her best to fall asleep as soon as possible so she wouldn't think too much.

Edited by Lily

I closed the door and slid to the ground with my back against the door. I heard the girl mumble sonething, but i couldnt tell what it was through the door. 

But as i sit here , right aside some friend? Was that even the right word. I didnt know but whatever. As i sit here  i just begin to think about my home. I know my family was probally dearly missing me. We never talked that much my family and i but i knew they loved me. I then sat outside the door for who knows how long before i finally got up and went to my room. 

I opened the door to the room and plopped on the bed closest to the door. As soonbas i hit the bed it happened, in the first time in ... Since i can remember i cried. It was a weak cry, i simply put my face into my pillow, i felt the heat rise in my head as my throat began to close up and then i could feel my pillow get wet as my tears began to soak it. I didnt know why i was crying. There was so many reasons, the majority that i couldnt even explain. But i laid there and cried. After what seemed like an hour i finally fell asleep, and let my normal nightmares take over.