[SP-F6] Why do you look like me? <<The Gemini>> COMPLETE!!!

Reaching up his right hand, Lawfer opened his user interface and pulled up his messages. He had received a message from his normal information broker. As he skimmed the message he smiled. "Looks like I'm going to get another skill." He commented as he closed his interface. There had been reports of an NPC that would give him a new skill if he interacted in the right way. As he stood up from his chair, he made his way to the door of his room. Raising his and once more, he entered his inventory and equipped his Pudao and the newly borrowed Emerald Carapace he borrowed from the guild. Exiting his door, he made his way out of the Inn he had been staying at on the Third floor. Traveling to the center of town, he reached the teleport pad. "Sixth floor. Amazon." As Lawfer materialized in the town of Amazon a smile crept onto his face. "I do love this city.... Can never complain about a town filled with beautiful women, even if they are NPC's." He commented as he made his way through the tent filled town. "No where is this NPC that's giving out skills?" He asked himself with a look of perplexion on his face. He had wanted to finish the quest up quickly so he could make his way back to his studio in Snowfrost town.

"You look like you are a strong guy." Lawfer heard as he turned around.

Edited by Lawfer

"Well thanks I guess." The spearbearer commented back as he looked at the NPC. "Are you the one who is giving out skills?" He asked as he examined the NPC more closely, he was equipped with a basic spear as well. "I'm actually here because I need some help with a monster on this floor." It paused as it looked up and down. "But I need to make sure that you are strong otherwise it wont help me much in the quest, Would you be opposed to a duel?" It questioned Lawfer. It was the first time Lawfer ran into a quest like this. He would have to beat the NPC then complete a quest, then find the other NPC that would give him a new skill. "Sure, I guess." Lawfer responded as he accepted the invitation for a duel.

As the duel engaged the NPC smiled devilishly as its icon changed from green to red. 'Isn't that the color ok PK'er' he thought as he rushed in. More than the icon began to change. as Lawfer got in close enough to strike. The NPC had changed into a perfect replica of Lawfer. It was like looking into a mirror minus he equipment. "Surprise!" The doppelganger exclaimed as it swung its spear downward knocking Lawfer back a few feet. "First I'm gonna kill you... Then im gonna take your place!" it continued. "And there is nothing you can do to stop me.." 

"You think I am going to let you do that?" Lawfer responded as he stepped forward once more with his left foot, then lowering his stance.

<<Battle Engage>>

Lawfer HP- 22/23

Gemini- 22/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30787
BD: 2 (+1ACC) [+1dmg+1BD next turn]
MD: 7- [-1 thorn DMG]

Edited by Lawfer

"It's not about letting me you silly spear-man. I'm going to take it. I'm going to take your life, then take your gear." It paused. "You aren't the first one who has felt victim to my trap and you wont be the last." It concluded as it ran forward. Its movements completely mimicked his own. Every detail of the Doppelganger matched his own. The way he shifted his weight and the speed of which he closed distance. As the clone lunged forward with its spear, Lawfer side stepped, causing the Gemini to miss its mark. As he did so, Lawfer noticed his Pudao glow blue. The interface flashed, <<Justice Stream>>, immediately Lawfer let lose a flurry of three thrusts that knocked the doppelganger off balance, stepping in Lawfer swung his Pudao vertically up, Launching the Doppelganger into the sky. As it began falling, its chest met Lawfer's final thrust. As it flew backward Lawfer smirked. "Well you are going to need to try harder if you want to defeat the original.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 22/23

Gemini- 16/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30795
BD: 10 (+1ACC+1LM)= [+1dmg HM]+ [+2 CRIT Damage]
MD: 5

Edited by Lawfer

As the murderous NPC stood, it grasped its spear once more. "You can try all you want... I will kill you. You are not making it out alive." It stated as it dusted the debris off, "By the way... Thanks for teaching me that little technique. I'll make sure to impale you with it." 'So it learns all of my moves... Its gonna be dangerous if this keeps up much longer.' Lawfer though as he raised his Pudao. The perfect copy smiled crookedly as it raised its spear and licked its sharpened edge. "The Gemini Killer is about claim its next victim it!" It stated as the rushed toward Lawfer. 'Its probably gonna try that move' the golden haired warrior thought. As the Gemini thrusted three times. Lawfer skillfully dodged, watching the thrusts as they narrowly passed his face. Spinning out to the right, Lawfer countered with a thrust. It seemed a tad too high, as the Pudao glowed blue it corrected its path directing the head of the Pudao into the Gemini's shoulder. 'Got to love weapon enhancements.'

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 22/23

Gemini- 13/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30798
BD: [5 +1ACC]- 6
MD: 3

Edited by Lawfer

Lawfer's Pudao glowed blue green once more. It indicated <<Double Jump>>, smiling Lawfer pushed the Gemini backward with his still impaled Pudao, pulling it out quickly the Gemini fell to one knee. Lawfer jumped forward, placing his elevated left foot on the kneeling NPC's shoulder he jumped again. Turning his Pudao's spear tip down, it glowed brightly accelerating the downward falling spearman toward the NPC. As the Gemini stood it back stepped slightly try to evade the incoming strike, Lawfer's Pudao scrapped down the NPC's chest before finding itself planted in the ground. Out of frustration, the Gemini thrusted forward clipping Lawfer's shoulders. It winced, taking damage from his own strike. "You bast**d. Your cheating!!!"  The NPC screamed as it began breathing heavily.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 21/23

Gemini- 8/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30802
BD: 9 (+1ACC)= 3DMG [+1CRIT]
MD: 6 - [-1 Thorn DMG)

Edited by Lawfer

"I'm cheating? You're the one who lied to me and is trying to kill me... All I ever wanted was the skill." Lawfer responded as he looked at the NPC. He knew the battle was drawing to an end. The Gemini's HP was already in the red zone, and he was still well into the green. "No matter how many times you hit me, your gonna kill yourself. The stats are on my side at this point." he continued as he looked over to the NPC. Its posture had corrected and it seemed like it had regained some semblance of composure. "You're right." it responded as it lowered its spear and began walking toward Lawfer. "Why don't we call this battle quits. I'll give you your stupid skill." Lawfer was at a loss for words, was this all part of the skill quest he received information about. Lowering his Pudao, he walked up to the Gemini. "Gotcha!" It screamed as it lifted its spear and thrusted forward three times catching Lawfer unguarded. Wincing again, the Gemini took damage from the armor. Lawfer stumbled back. "I can't believe you fell for that you clown. I'm gonna be sure to cut you up into little pieces now."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 20/23

Gemini- 7/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30809
BD: 4 [+1ACC] = [+1HM, +1LM next roll]
MD: 6

Edited by Lawfer

After the blatant cheap shot, Lawfer took a deep breath in an effort to compose himself. He was furious that he fell for such a disgusting tactic. "Looks like im getting under your skin... I'm gonna make sure that my spear is in there soon enough." the Gemini stated as he began laughing demonically. In an effort to stop Lawfer from composing the doppelganger charged towards Lawfer. It angled out to the left as he got into range. Swinging his blade horizontally, Lawfer ducked under while pivoting out. The Gemini's body was exposed once more. Lawfer's Pudao glowed a brilliant blue once more, <<Justice Stream>>. An onslaught of thrusts crashed into the Gemini's body, as it staggered once more, Lawfer launched him vertically into the air. The clone was falling once more, as Lawfer stepped in he slammed the head of the spear into the NPC's body. This time he flew back even further than the first time he used his spear skill. "That's how you properly do that move. Did you catch it this time around?" Lawfer commented sarcastically. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 20/23

Gemini- 1/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30810
BD: 10 [+1ACC +1LM]- [+1HM DMG +2CRIT DMG]
MD: 3

Edited by Lawfer

The Gemini pulled himself up off the ground on shaky legs. It was supporting most of its weight on its spear. "This is only a flesh wound. I'll make sure to gut you good pretty boy." the doppelganger said as he lifted the weight bearing spear off the ground and pointed it at Lawfer. "I'm telling you that if you keep it up you are going to die." He knew that, if this drew out any longer the he would definitely win. "I dont want to kill an NPC. I know you don't feel anything about killing someone weaker than you but its going to weigh down on my conscience." Throwing his Pudao aside, Lawfer stared at the Gemini expecting him to surrender. "That one is going to cost you." He replied as he rushed forward. Straining to pick up his spear, he tried slamming it into Lawfer's chest. As the spear tip made contact, the thorn reverberation kicked back into the doppelganger. "Da**...." It stated as it shattered into thousands of blue pixels then evaporated. "I told you so..."

<<Battle Complete>>

Lawfer HP- 19/23

Gemini- 0/23 [+2 DMG]

ID: 30811
BD: 1
MD: 6 - [-1 Thorn DMG]

LD: 10- Extra Skill <<Concentration>>

Edited by Lawfer

"Yes you did indeed tell him that." said a precarious voice coming from behind Lawfer. Turning around, Lawfer positioned himself in a position to see the owner of the voice. It belonged to lovely young amazonian woman, she wore next to nothing which had been the common sight in the Amazon and Lawfer was surprisingly OK with that. "You did quite a number on that Gemini Killer, he has been rampaging around here for weeks. We could just never catch him." The NPC stated. "He had a knack for changing his appearance, but that didn't seem to stop you from finding him." She concluded as she gestured for him to follow. "Now that he is out of the picture we will be able to sleep safe at night and it is all thanks to you." Lawfer followed, unsure of what was to come next. He was happy that he was able to help with the situation, but he really only came here for the skill.

As Lawfer trailed the exotic scantily clad woman, he realized he didn't know where they were going. "Excuse me! Not that I dont mind following you, but where are we going? I'm kinda in a hurry and I still need to find what i'm looking for on this floor." The spearman asked as he watched the Amazonian turn around. "I am taking you where you seek. Just have patience, we will arrive there soon." The amazonian replied as turned back around and continued to walk into the outskirts of the hut filled town. "We are going to the old one so that you may receive a reward for dispatching that filth of a man. We aren't found of men here, in fact had you not helped us out, you would never have the privilege of meeting the old one." Lawfer laughed at the comment only to see the seriousness radiating from the woman's face. 

As the two made it to what seemed like the last hut before the town was engulfed by the rain forest, the amazonian woman stopped. "We are here." She said coldly as she pulled back the huts door. Ushering Lawfer inside, he saw an extremely old woman. From appearance she looked to be in her late 80's, her wrinkles were the defining features of her face. "So you are the man who slayed the Gemini...." she stated, her voice trembled from the age. "You have saved our little town from the being overrun by a killer that could be anyone. We of the amazon tribe humbly thank you." She paused for a moment to catch her breath. "I didn't mind doing it at all and I'm happy I could help." Lawfer responded as he ran his fingers through his hair and laughed. 

"Quiet young one... What you did was more than help. Thanks to you we will be able to be at ease once again. You have allowed us to have peace of mind once more...." She paused again to take a breath. "Take this skill. It is a skill that has been passed down only to the noblest of Amazonian warriors. Let it serve you well." As the woman concluded her thoughts she raised her right hand. As she did, Lawfer's interface 'dinged', He had received the new skill. His mouth widened and a giant smile erupted from his face, he was almost glowing. "Thank you Old One." He stated. "No thank you, Hero." She concluded as she leaned back and fell asleep. "Time to go!" Lawfer stated as he stood up, bowed then left the hut. Being followed out by the Amazonian he waved, gesturing his departure. 

'I wonder just what exactly this skill does.'Lawfer thought to himself as he began to make his way into the jungle that surrounded the city of Amazon. It was a thick luscious rain forest full of peculiar insects and beasts. As Lawfer skid to a stop, he noticed a jaguar that had been resting in the area. "Time to test it out." He stated as he drew his Pudao. The jaguar snapped to attention as his heard the footsteps of the Spear totting warrior. 

The Jaguar leapt first, clearing what seemed like ten feet in a matter of second. As it sunk its teeth into the Spear bearers shoulder, Lawfer knocked it loose using the shaft of his Pudao. The jaguar felt the stings of the thorns protruding from the mans armor. Side stepping quickly, he lunged forward with his Pudao, sinking his spear deep into the jaguars side. As it yelped, a fierce roar followed. "This thing means business." Lawfer stated as he lowered his stance ready for the creature to pounce once again.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 21/25

Jaguar- 9/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30827
BD: 6 [+1ACC] 
MD: 8 - [-1 Thorn DMG]

Edited by Lawfer

Having entered battle with the Jaguar, Lawfer was at a loss for words. It was agile, much more so than the beasts he had faced on the lower levels, it was almost to fast for him. Trying to keep it in his vision was proving challenging. As the monster darted back and forth, the lunged forward once more. Lawfer angled out and then sidestepped to evade the monster. As the monster landed and turned toward the spear bearer, Lawfer thrust his Pudao aiming for the monsters skull. As it reached up with its monstrous paw, it batted it away. "Don't worry kitty, I'm gonna make you pay for that one." He stated as he lifted his back of his Pudao, aiming its tip at the beast.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 21/25

Jaguar- 9/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30830
BD: 2 [+1ACC]- [+1HM DMG,+1LM BD next roll]
MD: 2

Edited by Lawfer

The Jaguar roared once more as it launched itself forward batting its claws toward Lawfer. As its claws made contact it screeched from the thorns that sent back damage to to the monster. As it fell to the ground, Lawfer stepped forward and kicked it in its sternum launching it back. As it flew backwards, Lawfer raised his Pudao, and thrusted three times. As the spear tip, made contact with the beast it left blue marks on the beast indicating damage. He watched as the Jaguar's health dropped into the red-zone. He was that much closer to victory, however he wasn't able to use his new skill just yet. "What the hack... why hasn't the new skill been triggered yet!!!!" 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 19/25 

Jaguar- 4/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30832
BD: 4+ [1ACC+1LM]- [+1HM DMG]
MD: 7 -[-1 Thorn DMG]

Edited by Lawfer

The Jaguar began staggering, it seemed like it was hit harder by the last move than Lawfer had originally believed. Raising his spear once more, Lawfer sprinted forward. He wanted to finish this in one more go. He was tired from the day, and the skill he learned ended up being a waste of time. Or so he believed. Narrowing his grips, he lifted his Pudao above his head and spin it to increase its velocity. As he came within range, he jumped up and slammed the spinning spear down on the beasts head. A large CRACK could be heard as the Jaguars head bounced off the ground. 'It's still alive...'He thought to himself as he stayed within range. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 19/25 

Jaguar- 1/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30835
BD: 7 [+1ACC]
MD: 1

Edited by Lawfer

Lawfer's Pudao began to glow of blue once more. He had began to understand the system well enough to know that his special spear skill had been ready to activate. Stepping toward the battered Jaguar, Lawfer smiled. Raising his Pudao towards the beast he initiated <<Justice Stream>> . A volley of three Spear thrusts pierced the Jaguars body, as it was staggered once more. Lawfer swang his Pudao vertically up knocking the creature into the air, and when it fell, he slammed the spear through its chest causing it to disperse into mini blue pixel crystals. As he walked through them he smiled. "Looks like I need to do more research on this skill." He commented as he strutted deeper into the forest.

<<Battle Finished>>

Lawfer HP- 19/25 

Jaguar- 0/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30836
BD: 10 [+1ACC]- +2 Crit DMG
MD: 9 
LD: 7

Edited by Lawfer

Hearing a twig snap behind him, Lawfer turned to be met by the wooden pike of an Amazonian woman. She was different from the others he had met so far. Her eyes were black as night and her hair was black as opposed to the blonde woman that inhabited the town. Raising his Pudao, he charged forward. Swinging high, he met the Amazonian's face with the back of his spear she stumbled back slightly as Lawfer jumped forward and planted his spear directly into her shoulder.Leaping back, he ripped his spear out the Amazonian's shoulder. "You just had to sneak up on me didn't you?" he asked rhetorically as the black eyed amazonian screamed.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 14/25 

Amazonian Exile- 10/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30838
BD: 8 [+1ACC]
MD:  10 +2Crit Damage

Edited by Lawfer

As the strange looking amazonian's knees bent, it smiled. Instantaneously it bounded forward, much like the jaguar Lawfer had dispatched earlier. AS it came within range it swung down with its spear, launching Lawfer backward. Screeching it pain, its HP dropped from Lawfer's thorned armor. "I really got to thank Mack for this armor." The spearman stated as he closed range, speeding up exponentially. His Pudao began to glow once more, this time the auto kill indicator flashed <<Highwind>>. Deviating his course to its left flank, Lawfer's feet caught and he slid as he lowered his level. Swinging the spear at the Amazonian's shins it fell forward as its feet were taken out from under it. Leaping up quickly Lawfer slammed down with the head of his spear impaling the giant. "That's a nifty one too."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 12/25 

Amazonian Exile- 4/13 [+3 DMG]

ID: 30843
BD: 10 [+1ACC]- [+2CRIT DMG]
MD:  6 [-1 Thorn DMG]

Edited by Lawfer