[PP-F1] Sewing for the swift <<Earning a living>> (lily)

ooc-takes place right after lilys earning a living quest.

So I just saw lily become a performer and now as we were walking away from where she and I had finally finished her quest I began to remember my thought of becoming a tailor. We had just entered a plaza that had many benches and I went to sit down on one of the wood benches, they weren't the most comfortable things but I had grown old of walking around all day helping lily with her quest, and now I planned to make her help me. she had followed me over and sat on the bench as well. There was silence for a long while before I piped up with my thought "Hey lily, I know we just finished giving you your profession, want to join me as I do mine, I want to become a tailor" I said this as if I didn't care much at all whether she joined or not, but I wanted her company, throughout the last quest I had grown to enjoy her company and hoped she felt the same. And plus I really didn't want to do my quest alone, it'd grow very boring doing a quest 2x in a row basically.  And plus, I did help her so it was only fair that she helped me, not that I thought life was fair or anything, clearly I knew it wasn't that way with the way I acted and the kind of person I am, but lily seemed liked the type of person who would help, so it was definitely worth asking.

I was worried though that something may happen during the quest or because of the quest to break us apart, whether th be because we both set up shops and quit talking as we became to busy, or some other reason, but I planned on taking the risk.

Edited by Astropheric

Lily sat down next to the male that had helped her with the quest. After spending quite a while on getting her Proffession Lily was planning on getting some rest, however that plan was soon ruined as Matt asked her to help him with the quest that she had just finished. She wanted to say no as she was quite tired, but the man had helped her so that would be very rude. Lily looked up at Matt and gave a nod as a response, accepting his cry for help. The girl got up again and jumped to make herself feel a bit more energetic. "Lead the way" Lily said as she glared at the people that walked past her.

Even though she wasn't looking forward to walking and doing stuff, she was happy that she actually had made a good friend. Matt was a unique person with a rather odd personality which made Lily like him. When she got stuck in the game Lily was bothered by the fact that she wasn't strong enough to do everything on her own. Because she barely left the house in real life Lily expected to have a very hard time with things like talking to Npc's and other players, but right now it didn't seem like she had any problems at all. It was a big surprise for her to see how people actually tried to talk to her and how she managed to react to them without scaring them off.

Edited by Lily

"lead the way" lily said, and so I did. But not grabbing her arms and pulling her along like she had done to me earlier in the day....god help me sometimes with girls thinkin..never mind. Anyway I began walking towards the marketplace where I remember seeing some tailors, lucky me they were a lot easier to find than performers as it had taken forever to get to the performer's house that lily took us too. In any case I still knew it was going to be a little ways of a walk and I knew lily was tired as I was as well, even though she had jumped I feel as though it was a precaution so she did not grow too tired to continue. I remember how at the inn before she had wanted a piggy back ride and so she may want one again, but I was feeling rather tired as well so I wasn't sure if id be able to keep her on for very long but I was willing to try. After all during her quest I had grown a little more to liking the small girl, not for any reason in particular, she just began to grow on me is all I guess.

I stopped and crouched and turned my head to look at lily. "Want a ride" I said pointing my thumb at my back. I waited as she choose what to do. I figured she'd say yes and hop on but I needed to wait first. And anyway, how do I get to the market place again, "its that way right" I say to myself looking ahead. "definitely that way" I could hear the noise of the town coming from that way mostly so it had to be ahead of us in the direction we were going at first.

Edited by Astropheric

Offcourse Lily followed Matt while looking around for a Tailor. She didn't know if Matt had any idea where to go so thought that it would be smart to look around just in case. Lily's eyes fell back on the man as he suddenly said something that she thought he would never dare to say. "Want a ride" may not be the most spectacular thing to say however it baffled Lily. She had made so much drama back at the inn to get a ride and now he just allowed her to jump onto his back. A real smile appeared on Lily's face as she nodded, still surprised by the fact that he just offered her a ride. She was not sure if it was a trap or not but was definitely willing to take the risk. 

The girl carefully got onto Matt's back and put her head on his shoulder. "Thank you" she mumbled in his ear. It was a mystery for most people she knew IRL how to make her smile and they would probably rip their hairs out if they knew that it was a simple piggyback ride that put a smile on her face. Lily giggled as the desperate actions of trying to make her smile by a few maids flew through her mind. Because Lily usually has a emotionless/serious expression most people thought that she was never happy, which was far from true. Lily just didn't like to smile. She always felt more comfortable when other people didn't know her emotions, so she often puts up her serious expression. Lily only took off that "mask" for her parents as they were the only ones that she felt that she could trust.

Lily was taken out of her thoughts by a young boy that was about a head shorter than her bump into Matt from the left side. He didn't seem to have noticed though and just walked away without saying a single word. Lily glared at the boy untill he went out of her sight. "Weird" she mumbled while looking around for a Tailor.

Edited by Lily

Lily climbed onto my back and then mumbled "thank you". I could also see she had a smile planted on her face, whether it was real or not I did not know and could not guess either way, but I hoped it was real.  I stood up with lily on my back holding her legs wrapped around me and began walking ahead to a tailor shop. The streets were ridiculously crowded here and the noise was overwhelming, I cant wait to get to the marketplace where it will only be worse. But I do want to become a tailor afterall so I might as well suck it up and deal with the noise and idiotic people of floor 1. We walked for a while until we finally find the marketplace, I walked a little into the huge road and could see many buildings, some hinted towards alchemists some to cooks and some to blacksmiths. I looked around for a close tailor, so I didn't have to walk through all these people and deal with them too much.

I Was in luck as only 3 building to my right was a tailoring shop called Ted's Tailoring  the building was rather large compared to the ones next to it so I hoped it was a quality shop. The sign was made out of leather, which fitted the profession so that was cool. The rest of the shop was a red brick build.  I went up to door and knocked once before entering, making sure to crouch so lily didn't hit her head, I proceeded to walk up to the counter which was barren behind it. I could hear music behind the counter however so I figured he was back there working away. "Hey!! Im here for some help" I yelled, it was weird saying I needed help as I hated to ask.

Edited by Astropheric

Lily closed her eyes and tried to distract herself as Matt began to walk through a crowd of NPC's. Lily hated crowds and was really happy that Matt had offered to carry her otherwise she had definitely lost Matt right now. They weren't in a party and Lily didn't even have Matt on her Friends list yet so if they lost each other it wouldn't be very useful. Lily groaned as the noise became worse and did her best to distract herself but could only think about how she could make the noisy people shut up.

After quite some time they finally walked towards a decent looking building which gave Lily hope that it wasn't going to be so noisy inside. Sadly her hope was soon ruined upon actually entering the building as the noise from outside could still be heard along with loud music. The noise was really annoying Lily and really wanted to get away from the noise, but she couldn't just go away to a quiet location and leave Matt behind as he had helped her too. Still being on Matt's back even though they had entered the building was quite a surprise for Lily as it was probably not the most "manly" thing to be seen with a little girl on your back however she wasn't going to make any fuss about it as she would happily stay on for a while.

Edited by Lily

After i called for the guy the music quit but i never heard a reply, for a couple minutes i sat waiting for the person to come up front and help me out. I leaned over the counter to look in a bit more to try and see the person, but to no avail. I quit leaning and as soon as i did a big guy came from the room. He was easily 6'6 and was huge, like muscular, stocky persay. He had a weirdly shaped head however, and was bald on the top of his head with a mustache that curled around like some french guy. He was wearing an apron over his white shirt and blue pants. As he spoke i swore i could feel the room shake as his voice was so deep and loud. "Hello young sir, how may i be of assistance, if your here to buy i sell armor and make plushies of all kinds and even take custom orders" the man said as he reached his counters and set his hands on them. I straightened to my full height while still holding lily on my back and spoke in my normal cold tone "Hey, im actually here to see if you could help me in becoming a tailor, i have no idea how to get started" i replied to the man. He froze for a minute as if processing my sentence before replying " oh yes, i could defenitly help a young lad like yourself take up the fine art of becoming a tailor, all you need to do is bring me some materials for a plushie so i can show you the ropes. 1 piece of fabric and one thing of stuffing should do the trick, there's some cloth and stuffing hidden back there" he point behind him and i see a door that says FABRIC on it that i didnt see before " just come back whenever you have the materials" the man finishes "great thanks" i reply <<earning a living started>> shows up in front of me and i remember thats the name of the quest as it showed up in front of lily. I go behind the counter and open the door that says storage, the door leads down and the lighhting is dim, but i can see multiple different doors that probally all lead to a room with junk in it, i make my way down the stairs carefully as lily is still on my back. When i get to the bottom i lean down and tell lily "alright time to jump down i need to start looking" she jumps down and i go to the first door, I open it and look around. All I see are a bunch of shirts hanging so I close the door and turn to lili "nothing in there, cmon your turn"

Item list

Fabric 0/1
Stuffing 0/1

Id : 31650
Ld : 7

Edited by Astropheric

When suddenly a incredibely large man appeared behind the counter Lily started looking around as she didn't want to make eye contact with a giant. Lily has always had a feeling of anger and slight despise come up when someone over 6"4' enters her area, just like she has with Spiders and certain other bugs. It's not that she likes them she just once read a book where a race of giants murdered a town with really short people which made her constantly think about how a taller person could easily break her IRL. When Matt finally finished talking to the npc he took her to a door and walked downstairs for some reason. Lily hadn't paid a lot of attention to the coversation so didn't really know what to do. She soon realozed that she probably had to do something as Matt told her to hop off which she did as slow as she could. When a man suddenly walked into the room Lily stared at the door with a dead serious expression, not knowing what to do at all. When her friend came out after a short while and said that it was her turn Lily stared at him for 10 seconds without moving at all, thinking of what she would have to do. She then looked around the room, seeing multiple doors around which alog with what Matt said made her assume that they had to search for the materials right now just like they had done in her Earning a living. Upon understanding that it was now time for her to do something Lily walked to the closest door and slowly opened it, noticing that there was no light in the room when completely opening the door. Wuth a small sigh Lily walked into the room, looked left and right seeing absolutely nothing but black, and walked back out of the room. "Nothing." she mumbled as she sat down on the ground and adjusted her socks.

☆~☆

ID: 31988

LD: 11 (Nothing found)

☆~☆

Edited by Lily

ID:31990

LD:2 (nada)

Lily stared blankly after I told her it was her turn, I figured she must not have paid attention upstairs at all so I simply waited for a bit and she must have figured it out herself as she walked over to a door and opened, unlike me just poking my head in, she walked into the room and came out a short time later. "nothing" I hear her and then walked towards the next room, this was going to get annoying real quick having to go into these rooms, but at leas tit didn't take very long unliked the searching in the pile of junk. I opened the door and looked inside. It was a Needle mound. Like literally at least a million needles were in a pile in the room. I shut the door carefully so they didn't spill before walking back to lily, I shook my head and waited for her to go look.

When Matt came back Lily slowly got up and walked to the other door and walked inside. The room was luckily lit up so she could see but she then realized that she had no clue what they were looking for. Lily stared at the shelves that covered the walls with absolutely no clue what to search for. The shelves were filled with small boxes, unfinished plushies, piles of clothing and some other random things. Lily sighed and walked out of the room as there didn't seem to be anything that could be used to make something.

"Nothing"  she repeated, looking down at Matt's shoes and letting out a small sigh. She wasn't enjoying the search at all but forced herself to proceed as Matt had helped her too when she had to search for items in the basement of the music shop. 

☆~☆

ID: 31996

LD: 4 (nothing found)

☆~☆

Edited by Lily

ID:31997

LD:9

Lily came back "nothing" I sighed and got up and went to the next door, I opened it and looked inside. nothing, just pitch black. I went back to lily and shook my head showing I found nothing. I sighed once again, this was more annoying than searching through the junk as at least then it was more engaging than walking back anf forth from door to door, time also seemed to go slower here. Rinse and repeat, hopefully we could just get this over with quickly cus Im growing angry.

Lily really had hoped that the search would've been easy and quick, but offcourse that was too much to ask for. The chance of her finding something was really small as Lily hadn't really paid any attention before when they were told what items they had to look for plus there were too many rooms. She kind of already gave up but decided to keep trying for Matt.

With a sigh Lily walked into another room which was filled with junk. There were multiple plastic bags with all sorts of things in them but Lily had no idea whether the items in the bags where the ones they were looking for so just mumbled "Nothing." While making her way to the corridor and sat down in the middle of it. Lily closer her eyes for a bit and took a few deep breaths. After about 10 seconds or so she decided to lay down for a bit as she was already tired. She curled up into a ball and actuallt tried to fall asleep which was probably not going to work but it was worth the try.

☆~☆

ID: 32073

LD: 3 (nothinggg ;-;)

☆~☆

Edited by Lily

IS:32074

LD:16 (item found)

1/2

Lily came back and found once nothing once again. She decided to lay down for whatever reason. I decided to go ahead and check the next door. I walked over anticipating I would once again find nothing. I turned the handle, and the door burst open, the room was filled co pletely with stuffing, and as soon as I opened it it all poured out onto me.  A sea of stuffing. There was so much it ended up covering my head and I had to walk away from the door to be able to even see. Once I got out of the stuffing I grabbed a handful and went back to lily. "found some sleepy pants" I say to her with a smile, I was somewhat happy, or more relieved I guess that id finally found one of the materials for my training.

Lily quit trying to fall asleep after realizing that there was no way that Matt would just allow her to fall asleep. Lily slowly lifted her hand and did a thumbs up as she slowly got up with a small groan when Matt came back with some sort of stuffing. She slowly made her way to the next door and sighed. It was far too dark in the room so Lily didn't even try and just immediatly walked out of it. "It's Too dark" she mumbled, letting out a yawn while sitting back down. Lily looked down at the floor, feeling a little guilty for not helping Matt as much as he helped her. "What was the other thing we needed, I forgot." she mumbled, hoping that he wouldn't notice that she didn't know what they were looking for at all. Lily began to draw circles on the ground with her fingers while waiting for him to answer.

☆~☆

ID:32076

LD:18 (item found)

2/2 items found

I heard lily mumble something, what I didn't know. So I simply went to the door on the exact opposite side and opened, and low and behold there were shelves and shelves and shelves of every type of color of every type of fabric. I grabbed the closest one, a white soft fabric and went back to lily. "Hey I got the last item, lets get going, I want to finish this quest. And in the morning if your up for it maybe ill take you to breakfast since im just killin ya right now." I say to her as I crouch down "jump on sleepy head". I say as I wait.

Edited by Astropheric

Matt luckily found the other material whuch meant that Lily didn't have to look around again. She forced a vey weak smile onto her face as the Man offered to take her Somewhere to eat breakfast. Lily immediatly responded with a nod as she would happily go to eat something anytime. When Matt told her to jump on again Lily carefully got onto his back and put her head on his left shoulder again. She was happy that the man had seemed to have realized that Piggy back rides were something that Lily really appreciated. Lily tightened her grip slightly and mumbled "thank you" as she felt that thanking him was the least she could do. Now that the searching was over Lily assumed she had survived the most boring part which made her feel a little better.

I walked upstairs after i heard lily mumble her thanks, i opened the door that led back into the main shop. I didn't really want to talk to the npc as i was rather mad we had to do all the searching but i knew it was necessary. Lilys head was on my shoulder so i walked slowly as to not discomfort her, but called out for the npc. "Hey i found your items". "Ill be out in a second, just wait out there" he responded. And so i did, i walked over to the counter where i had first met the npc and stood and waited, i put my arms on the counter and leaned over it a bit, i was extremely exhausted after all the searching today, and this waiting was not helping, and i knew lily was probably gonna fall asleep on my back soon so it helped to lean over so she didn't fall and i could still relax as well. I began to wonder what the npc was planning on showing me, it must be a plushie as the material list was small and it made sense. I looked over to lily and smiled, "needs to hurry up so we can get u to the inn"

When Matt started walking up the stairs Lily closed her eyes and tried to relax a little. She was hoping that it wouldn't take too long to finish the quest so she could take a nap. She was happy for Matt that he was getting a proffession but would've rather be sleeping right now instead of walking around. As they got to the top of the stairs and entered the main area again Lily carefully opened her eyes to see if the giant Tailor was around which he sadly wasn't. Lily puffed as Matt walked towards the counter to wait for the NPC. She closed her eyes again as there was nothing to see and mumbled "Yeah" As a response to Matt.

She clearly wanted to go back to the in and i begin to feel bad about keeping her up. "Hello sir u can follow me back here" i look up and see the npc, i could tell it was him from his booming voice. As i follow him back to wherever he was taking us he asked me a question. " so you've never tailored anything before correct" "correct" i answer, and after a pause as if he's processing it he replies. "Alright, well tailoring is an art of crafting as I'm sure your aware, it mostly consists of sewing but has more you must learn, but because this is the basics im going to simply show you how to make a plushie. I will do it mostly and you will just watch and maybe get some hands on." I just nod at his explanation and soon were in a room. He hold out his hands "the materials please" i trade him the 2 materials and he goes on " alright to make a plushie you must..." And so he went on about how to make a plushie and even included a couple details about clothing and other things.  He then actually shows me how to make one, i have to let lily down so i can move freely when he lets me try it. After about 30minutes we have a cute little white plushie. "There ya go sir, a fine plushie indeed, i wish you the greatest luck in your endeavors" i smile and then i see the pop-up QUEST COMPLETED i feel happy that this crap is finally over, but now i need to get lily back to the inn so she can sleep. I walk over to her and begin speaking "hey, finally finished, you want to jump on my back or must i carry you" i smirk.

Lily slowly opened her eyes as Matt began to walk to see where they were going. She wasn't paying any attention to what the two were talking about and was just thinking about the name of her future shop. It was most likely going to be something easy as Lily was too lazy to think of a fancy title. She also started thinking about the location for her shop. Lily didn't want it to be on floor 1 so was most likely going to take a look at other floors tomorrow. She was taken out of her thoughts when she was put down on the ground by Matt. Lily knew that she probably had to get off at one point so just decided to wait for Matt without making a fuss about it. She sat down on the ground and stared at the floor while waiting for her friend to finish the quest.

After what seemed to be hours Matt finally finished and came to her, asking if he had to carry Lily of give her a piggy back ride" offcourse Lily chose the carrying option as it was easier for her so she got up and spread her arms while looking up at Matt with puppy eyes. "Please carry me.."  she mumbled, hoping that he wasn't joking around.