[OP-F1] throwing steel

(OOC: This topic is set in the time before the announcement that SAO is a death game)

There were many different weapon types in SAO but non of the were fitting me. I didn’t like the idea having one hand blocked with a weapon. I was used using both my hands for climbing and stuff like that. So I decided that I would take the unconventional way. I got some throwing knifes as my starting equipment and decided to use the skill Blade Throwing. Maybe not one of the best decisions bu this was only a game and I wanted to enjoy the time here because I thought it would not be as much as I wished. I arrived at the fields and looked at the boars. They were the weakest kind of enemy in the game. I decided to try throwing a knife staying in a save distance. I never heard of <<>> before and just thought the say, what weapons you were able to use. Not activating any <<>> the blade nearly made 0 damage. I was stunned, did I did something wrong ore are the knifes that weak. No I surely had made some mistake. And a few seconds later the boar began charging in my direction.

The graphics were good. This game was good. Elyth could get used to this.

She sauntered around aimlessly in the fields just outside the Town of Beginning, pointlessly wasting time- haha, wasting time inside a game- when she suddenly saw a person with some shiny things in his hand. She just stared, transfixed, as one of those shiny things- were they blades?- shot out at a neighboring boar.

The boar roared as it was hit by the shiny stuff. However, Elyth saw that no damage was done. And the boar, not so pleased with getting hit, charged in the direction of the player.

"Oh, I should help him before he dies," Elyth thought, carelessly throwing a knife she had buried deep within her inventory at the monster.

Annnd... it totally missed. At least it caught the boar's attention...

Darius was returning from a Boar hunt himself. Having gone through a rather disappointing battle that proved he needed to work on his skills some more, he was headed back to buy some more equipment with the loot he had gotten. He crested a hill, seeing that the Town of Beginnings wasn't that far away. That wasn't the only thing he saw. He watched as someone tried to hit a boar with a throwing knife, which they did, but it didn't hurt the boar at all, being too weak. He then watched someone in a similar position that he was in throw a knife at it too, in which they missed. The boar turned and started charging towards the second person. Darius wouldn't let that happen.

Darius sighed, having to put his body under the physical stress of another fight wasn't something he wanted to do. He then smirked. He always wanted to be a hero. And so he charged down the hill, using the ability 'Howl' in the form of a hate-filled war cry that split through the air, stopping the boar in its tracks as it was naturally drawn to Darius from the ability. He drew his sword and readied his buckler as he rolled his shoulders as the boar turned and charged toward him, extra hate in its eyes.

[skim through my Journal to try to find Darius' appearance, along with his age to help with immersion since I don't have a picture for him.]

Elyth knew her face was somewhat like this: =v=

The knife she had just thrown had missed by inches. INCHES. And now, she needed someone to save her. Typical. And even more typical of that savior to miss too.

If only she had run up to the boar with a sword and not with the throwing knife... Oh well.

She unsheathed her own sword and thrust forward at the enraging creature that looked like a boar, aiming the point of her sword at the back of the boar's head.

The tip of the blade quickly made contact with the boar's head, and slipped out immediately as the boar pulled away, scattering into pixels.

Elyth sniffed. "I'm so proud of myself and I suck at ranged attacks," she said.

I prepared sidestepping the boar. It looked like it was charging right at me so it should be easy avoiding the attack. Further it was the weakest enemy so it would do much damage if it hit me. Then I saw another throwing knife coming at the boar, but it missed. However the boar stopped charging at the other person who took out a sword and killed the boar in a short time. â€Thanks, I suck in ranged attacks too. Is there any trick? I mean I hit it but I made no real damage.†Maybe throwing knifes were used in another way which I didn't know.

I looked on as I saw a few players killing the boar, one being a idiot and not knowing about sword skills. When he thanked the girl that killed the mob, he asked whether there was any tricks in killing the mob. For some odd reason, my brain decided it would be nice to answer him. As the girl was about to reply, I cut her off by saying, "There's a thing called sword skills, without it, you'll probably get yourself killed very quickly." I muttered, playing with my now blonde hair.

As the girl in the hood explained about sword skills, this man here was a beta tester so he knew what it was, Rage picked up a rock and said turning to the crowd She's right.. this is called a sword skill.. Rage saw them turn to him as he activated a sword skill which made the rock glow gold, he threw it at the boar giving it quite the damage, Rage then unsheathed his beginner sword, activating yet another sword skill, but this time it's color was blue, he charged at the boar while taking no damage. He turned around and saw the boar erupt into blue shards that soon vanished into the blue sky of Aincrad, Rage sheathed his sword turning to the crowd saying; Name's Rage.. I'm a beta tester.. I know how to use it.. Rage then sat down laying down on the grass closing his eyes

A life without risks is a life half lived

Rageagumon

I muttered under my breath, "Show off.", before returning to the amazed male player. "Anyways, sword skills look cool, but are very hard to use. You gotta get the timing and stance right to pull it off correctly, so don't get too confident. Also your health seems a bit low so you might wanna use a health potion." I explained, before demonstrating how to use it.

I chose my target, did a stance and immediately rushed forward, before hitting the boar with a blue lighted blade. "That one's called Slant, so yeah, on what I said, in other words; just do it till you get the hang of it." I explained.

"Woah, so cool! I was just slicing using the sword and there weren't any in-game manuals or such that I could find), so tell me more!" Elyth said, excited. She had just been using the sword in the manner her brother had taught her to, and really had no idea how sword skills worked.

"Noob," she thought to herself.

"Hmm? There is a journal given out by merchants for free you know? Its completed with information by beta-testers, along with tips and tricks. Anyways, how about trying out and practicing your sword skills on one of these mobs?" I asked, as I aggroed one of the boars. "Now's your chance, do it!" I exclaimed.

Although I'm anti-social person, on the internet, or games, its a completely different thing altogether, as I'm much more confident online then in real life.

Rage looked at the girl with the cloak and muttered to himself She knows alot.. Rage looked at her and spoke up saying You know quite a lot about this game.. you don't seem like a beta-tester like me.. you're new yet you know so much.. maybe someone's leaked information to you.. Rage said acting curious, he hasn't seen anyone new like her that knew so much

A life without risks is a life half lived

Rageagumon

"Ah, thats what staying the house with a air-conditioner and using the internet 24/7 does to you. I've been following this game since it came out, and have been reading tons of blogs, articles, gaming advice on the game. I've also been up to date on its news, along with hunting for more secretive information." I replied, smirking. I always liked conversations like this where I could talk confidently on things I was good at.

(Also, I made a small mistake on playing with the hood, my character currently does not have a hood on as right now she doesn't look like her real life form.)