[SP-F6] Not So Rusty [COMPLETE]

The new system was going to take some getting used to, especially with my lowered level and the new skills.  What better way to get used to it than live combat?  I made my way up to the sweltering jungle located upon the Sixth Floor, removing my coat as I arrived.  I was quick to exit the city, slinking past the Amazons - I didn't exactly desire any conflict with the warrior women.  Once before I had strolled with Piera of the Velvet Room through the same jungle, except this time I wasn't scouting for crafting materials.  Instead, I was hunting for monsters... As long as they didn't have a crazy chance to kill me, that was. Before long, I heard an almost guttural howl nearby and I swept my vision across the greenery, setting my eyes upon a humanoid wolf creature, wielding two daggers and a steel buckler on the wrist of one limb.  Definitely seemed like a promising opponent.  I let loose a high-pitched whistle, and the beast laid eyes upon me, bearing its teeth as a challenge. "Come on, big boy!" I called, and the wolf began his rush towards me.

Edited by Grave

A diminutive blade tore through the air towards me, the treetop-filtered light glancing off of the steel.  The edge harmlessly glanced off of my gauntlet as I raised it to the incoming danger.  My left fist followed with a straight punch to the furry underside, but was quickly halted by a metal disc.  Grinning, I flattened my right fist  - then free after I had knocked the weapon away - into a blade-shape and the gauntlet glowed golden.  I almost felt like a puppet; some kind of invisible force began to drag my blade-hand hand forwards, as if by a string.  My fingers pierced the wolfman's abdomen, and I watched as the beast's beady brown eyes rolled back into its head... It seemed the 'Embracer' skill came with a sweet stun effect.  I retracted the 'blade' from the furry torso and backed off, pondering over my next move.

---

ID: 32724

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 = Modified Success (Embracer: 7 DMG + Stun - 4 NRG)

MD: 4 - 3 = 1 = Modified Failure

Grave: 57/57 HP - 9 NRG

Gnoll: 17/24 HP + Stun

Edited by Grave

The wolf-man continued to stroll in circles in a daze, the Stun effect doing its job.  Of course, I am not one to let chances go to waste.  There was another Sword Art I had noted on my list; Delayed Sword.  I stood before my target and sat back into a low stance, my right foot further back than usual and my right hand pressed into a knife once more.  My boots and gauntlet produced a dark violet haze, and my legs sprung into action.  My right leg snapped around and caught the stunned monster in the ribs, before my left followed into the inside of my opponent's knee.  My right leg soon sprung out and caught the wolf in the stomach in a side kick, causing the creature to double over.  The final blow was a swift overhead chop to the neck, sending my foe into the verdant earth.  Upon contact with the solid surface, the creature's body shattered into blue fragments, leaving nothing behind.  A grim expression crossed my face.

---

ID: 32869

BD: 6 + 2 = 8 = Success (Delayed Sword: 28 DMG - 4 NRG)

MD: Stunned

+1 NRG

Grave: 58/58 HP - 6 NRG

Gnoll: *DEAD*

LOOT REQ NOT MET

Edited by Grave
  • 3 months later...

"Oh... I broke it..." I complained childishly, staring at the spot the Gnoll had only recently been in.  At least I was beginning to get the hang of the new system. Silver orbs drifted up to the top left of my vision... and a loud gulp escaped my throat when I realised how low I had brought my energy from just those two attacks. "Oh, bollocks..." I cursed, slapping a palm to my forehead. I had to figure out how to quickly regenerate my energy. To help with that, the beginner's guide was there to rescue me! Well, at least I hoped that it had been updated with energy and Sword Arts and the like...

I materialized the tiny book from my inventory and flicked to the back of the book. A grin split my lips as I looked upon the newly added entries on energy. "Oh, thank the gods..." I sighed, scanning the page. Supposedly I regenerated one energy every minute in combat, and after three minutes out of combat it would all regenerate. With a shrug, I stowed the book. I guess that just meant material hunting while waiting! Well, it honestly wasn't long before I found something; a simple, chocolate-coloured reed that seemed to be releasing some kind of sweet-smelling nectar. Cocking my head, I plucked the ingredient, and it disintegrated as it was sent to my inventory.

Spoiler

LD: 19 = +1 Coco Reed

Edited by Grave

After plucking the reed, I continued my walk through the jungle, ducking behind a tree every time I noticed a Gnoll, an Amazon or some other monster (no offense to the Amazons). Memories of when I adventured with Piera through this same jungle flowed in, and I remembered just how crap our luck was when it came to actually finding anything of use. I mean, we did find some stuff... but not all that much. My sharp eyes tore up every leaf and root, every vine and trunk, yet nothing stood out to me. With a sigh, I swept my hand up through my hair. The humidity was killing me... I guessed it could not hurt to remove my coat for a while. Soon enough, I was standing in a simple black tunic; my Grim Tunic, one of the first items I ever received as a drop. Not at all useful, but I had to admit I looked badass in it.

Spoiler

LD: 14 = Stop admiring yourself, you vain bastard.

Edited by Grave

My wrapped hands found solace on the back of my head as I strolled through the jungle, whistling a couple of tunes... well, more like a mash-up of tunes rather than one after the other. No bright colours, no tiny animals... nothing caught my eye. Well, except for the now full bar of energy at the top of my vision. My whistling suddenly went up an entire octave, and I winced at the sound ringing in my ears. "Oops..." I groaned, rubbing the inside of my ears. "Well, guess it is time to kick some more ass!" I said, smacking my knuckles together. I turned my head from side to side, struggling to find an opponent. "Ohh, come on! Right when I can actually kill something, hey?" I complained, hanging my arms low.

Spoiler

LD: 1 = *pats Grave's head* You did well, my friend.

Edited by Grave

A large huffing noise nearby caused me to stop dead in my tracks. Before turning to face whatever was there, I flitted through my inventory and slipped my Coat of the Wild Spirit back on. Then my head slowly creaked to my left... to see a giant, quadrupedal blue creature, with a sloped head adorned with stone armour and a pair of MASSIVE TUSKS, staring at me with murderous eyes. "O-oh, why hello there!" I greeted the big fella. "I-I might just walk away... a-and leave you to your business..." I said, beginning to step back, but the creature did not seem to give a damn and began charging right at me. "Well [censored], I guess not!" I shouted, facing the creature head-on. I swung my right foot way back, putting me in an extra-long stance. I placed my left hand at my right hip, and both my feet emanated a dark violet aura once more. As the monster approached, I swung my right leg around and smacked it in the side of its head, narrowly missing the stone plates. The creature's course was thrown off, but I quickly halted all movement with a swift blow to its left foreleg with my left foot, a gruesome crack echoing through the jungle before the beast dropped to its knees. I snapped my right leg out in a side kick and crashed into its ribs, before my left hand took on the same haze and arced over the animal's head, striking it straight on the armour. I winced as I miraculously felt the pain of hitting such a hard surface, backing off from my opponent. At least I had dealt significant damage... I hoped...

Spoiler

ID: 43888
BD: 6 + 2 = 8 = Success (Delayed Sword: 28 - 8 = 20 DMG)
MD: 4 - 3 = 1 = Failure
-4 NRG

Grave: 57/57 HP - 9 NRG
Sapphire Charger: 9/29 HP

Edited by Grave

Yeah... no. The rhinoceros guy was NOT happy after that. I am pretty bloody sure I saw his eyes flash red. Before I could even react, an enormous stone tusk had been shoved through my abdomen, and I was busy screaming and kicking as I was dragged around the jungle. I was not screaming out of pain or anything, I just wanted to be put down... mainly because motion sickness happens to be one of my biggest problems...

"Oh..." I gagged for a moment and had to place my hand in front of my mouth. "Crap... you may want to... put me down..." I warned, and in response, I was flung across the greenery and I collided heavily with the jungle floor. I lay there for a few seconds, regaining my senses after almost throwing up (can you even throw up in this game?), before pulling myself up and staring down my foe. I dragged a thumb across my throat, before smacking a fist against my chest.

The bastard got the message.

Soon enough, the pissed off animal was charging at me again, but I stood stock still. I waited, and waited, before I stepped forwards with my right foot and turned, beginning a back kick.  Both of my feet shone crimson, and my left foot shot backwards, crashing into the animal's nose and halting its rampage.  I followed up with a backflip, smashing the top of my right foot into his armor plated forehead. As little damage as that second strike did, it was proceeded by a second flip, twisting in the air to deliver an axe kick straight into the armour, shattering it and caving in the creature's skull. He shattered into tiny fragments of data, and a little text box popped up in my vision, showing the 'Sapphire Charger Meat' I received.

Spoiler

ID: 43889
BD: 7 + 2 = 9 = Modified Success (Crescent Moon: 21 - 8 = 13 DMG + Stun)
MD: 9 - 3 = 6 = Modified Crit +1 (19 - 3 = 16 DMG)
+1 NRG
-3 NRG

Grave: 41/57 HP - 7 NRG
Sapphire Charger: *DEAD*

LD: 4 = +1 Sapphire Charger Meat

Edited by Grave

I stood there, puffing, my chest heaving in and out. The new energy system really was taxing. Whipping my extremely sticky forehead with a bandaged hand, I threw my head back and sighed loudly into the humid jungle air. "Bloody... hell... it... is... hot..." I complained, before I let my knees keel forwards, and I collapsed to the green earth. My eyes shut, and the warm breeze teased my silver locks as I began to sleep. I just hoped that nothing tried to murder me while I laid there...

And as I slept, there she was again; that same, blue-haired woman.

Spoiler

ID: 43967

LD: 9 = Nap time!

Edited by Grave

I followed the woman again... she continued leading me down that stone corridor... but she had changed. I could not tell how exactly... was she maybe slimmer? Shorter? Not as busty? If you asked me I would not be able to put it into words, but what I did know is that she had changed, as if now another person. What reinforced this theory, is the fact that she led me down a different corner for once, and the entire scene changed. I was no longer standing in a stone corridor; I was standing atop a verdant hill, surrounded by lush foliage and bustling avian animals. Why had it changed? I was desperate to find out.

Spoiler

ID: 43968

LD: 13 = Mysteries arise.

Edited by Grave

I woke with a start when a hard object hit my forehead. "Ouch!" I yelped, rubbing my forehead. "What was that?!" I growled, looking at the object now laying on my chest; it was some kind of spherical nut, with a large rise around the centre. It was the hue of an early night sky, a rather dark indigo, but stills distinctive blue. Tilting my head, I transferred the nut into my inventory and stood up. "Well... guess it is time to kick some more ass!" I shouted, smacking a fist against my chest. My call was answered by a very, very sinister buzzing.

Spoiler

NRG Refilled

ID: 43969

LD: 17 = +1 Midknut

Edited by Grave

I had very little time to duck the silver blade that tore over my head... but when I spun to face off against my opponent, my jaw dropped as low as a canyon when the silver, sharp-edged stinger filled my view. I was staring straight at a giant wasp with a sword for a stinger. "Why can we not have bug spray in this game...?" I complained, shuddering. I was forced to limbo under a follow-up slash, and hit the deck to narrowly dodge another. "Son of a bitch, will you please stop that?!" I shouted, hauling myself up.

I barely managed to arch my back to dodge the attempted stab at my abdomen, and at that point I was fed up. "You are a little bastard, hey?" I asked, snaking away and standing in my backwards stance once more. Feet glowing crimson, I lashed out backwards, my left foot catching the wasp in the thorax, my knee just soaring over the deadly blade. I flung myself over and cracked the top of my right foot over the monster's head, and finished with a second flip, twisting and landing my heel in the wasp's skull. A flash of light files my vision, followed by stars rotating around the insect's head. Grinning, I readied myself for the finishing blow.

Spoiler

ID: 43971

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 = Modified Success (Crescent Moon: 21 - 8 = 13 DMG + Stun)

MD: 3 - 3 = 0 = Failure

Grave: 57/57 HP - 7 NRG

Killer Wasp: 16/29 HP + Stunned (Poisonous Stinger: Applies Poison upon landing a critical hit. 2 DMG to target for 10 turns)

Edited by Grave

I proceeded to swing at the buzzing menace... but something snagged on my foot, and I was pulled away from the dazed creature. "Oh, son of a bitch..." I cursed at the vine that threatened to trap me. I began tugging at it, but my foot would not budge. Sighing, I crouched down and set my hands to work in removing the snare. It was thick, surprisingly branch-like and overall a pest. "Please... just... move..." I begged, but it still would not abide by my orders. Soon enough, a nasty buzzing filled my ear, and I huffed. "So, the Stun wore off?" I asked irately. I heard the blade slice the air, and I leaned back, watching as the stinger slashed through the vine. My foot flew loose as the wasp overshot and soared straight into a tree. "This is a pain..." I complained, rubbing my ankle.

Spoiler

ID: 44003

BD: 1 + 2 = 3 = Modified Critical Failure - 2 NRG

MD: Stunned.

+1 NRG

Grave: 57/57 HP - 6 NRG

Killer Wasp: 16/29 HP

Edited by Grave

I set my sights on the gnarly blade set in the wasp's rear. I did not want to get hit by that thing. The bug made a mad dash, and I ducked low, crawling under the deadly strike. I pushed to my feet and bolted to the tree where the wasp had previously landed, spinning around only to have to duck under the swipe that followed. I continually fled for my life, jumping and ducking the deadly blade. I took a few swipes myself, but found it difficult to get past that bloody barb. Sighing, I decided to try something different; backing up to a tree, I began climbing, looking down at my foe. He would not be able to get me...

Up there...

I forgot wasps could fly.

ID: 44012 BD: 4 (2 + 2) MD: 4 (7 - 3)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 5/13 | D: 7 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Enemies:
Killer Wasp: 16/29 | D: 18

Edited by Grave

"Crap!" I shouted, leaping from the trunk as a sharp blade tore into the wood of my perch. I had not even checked where I was leaping! Flailing my arms and squealing, my bandaged hands eventually found purchase on a relatively sturdy branch, and I swung myself up and around, landing on the top. As a buzzing approached my flank, I leaped backwards, reaching out for a handhold. My digits locked into a small crevasse in a tree, and I pulled myself in, pressing my feet to the giant plant. I was quick to crawl up towards the top, my head of silver hair swaying in the breeze as I broke through the canopy. It was amazing from any angle, but the inhabitants pissed me off! As the rustling sounded off below me, I took a leap of faith outwards, hoping the creature would not chase...

ID: 44026 BD: 3 (1 + 2) MD: 4 (7 - 3)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 4/13 | D: 7 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Enemies:

Edited by Grave

A large, plated body collided with mine in the air, and the wind was expelled from my lungs. I was being hauled off into the sky by the wasp, and it was not fun. "Put me down, you bas- Actually, scratch that, whatever you do, do not drop me." I corrected myself after noticing the massive distance between me and becoming a bunch of data on the ground. However, the wasp decided to disobey me, and I fell from the grasp of its large, spiny legs. Squealing, I reached up and grasped the bug's stinger, tearing open my handwraps, but thankfully not my flesh; who knows what vile substance that thing was coated in?! I screwed my eyes shut and held on for dear life, not uttering a single word.

ID: 44027 BD: 4 (2 + 2) MD: 2 (5 - 3)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 3/13 | D: 7 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Enemies:

Edited by Grave

A sharp tug from the stinger flung me up into the air, and I was now frightened of coming back down... but I had to slay this thing. As I zoomed back down towards the pest, I stood in my <<Delayed Sword>> pose, although altered for the air. My feet were engulfed in shadow, and I launched my right foot around, catching the wasp in the head. I kicked low, snapping out and cracking one of the many legs, then I followed up with a side kick to the mandibles, terrifyingly messing up the wasp's already grotesque visage. Wanting out already, I guided myself through the air and spun, my left hand gaining the traits of my feet, and I struck the back of the bug's neck, sending it rocketing to the jungle below like a meteor.

ID: 44028 BD: 12 (10 + 2) MD: 5 (8 - 3)

(Sword Art Used: Delayed Sword ~ (7 + 2) x 4 - 8 = 9 x 4 - 8 = 28 DMG)

Party:
Grave: 57/57 | NRG: 0/13 | D: 7 | M: 3 | A: 2 | E: 3

Enemies:
Killer Wasp: 0/29 | D: 18

LD: 17 (1 Killer Wasp Stinger + 145 Col)

Edited by Grave

Why didn't I think of my landing plan earlier? Soon after dispatching the Killer Wasp, I quickly followed, shooting through the air. Well, goodbye cruel world... those were the words I spoke in my mind. I simply just let everything go, let my body go limp. So that was how I was going to die, hey? Oh gravity... thou art a heartless bitch...

At least, that was what I thought UNTIL something caught me under my arm and abruptly halted my plummet. My heart was racing faster than I could count... multiplied by ten. "Holy... crap..." I panted as I stared at the earth below me. I twisted and turned in my verdant harness... buuuut it was going to take more than that to break loose.

Spoiler

LD: 9 = "Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch." - Jim Parsons

Edited by Grave

I absolutely could NOT get rid of those damn vines! I had literally fallen out of the frying pan and into limbo! I struggled more and more, and finally decided to use my secret weapon, as reluctant as I was. I turned my head to the side and began to lightly nibble on the vine, careful to keep my tongue away from it. I began to move my jaws in a jigsaw motion, slowly cutting through the green rope. In due time, my teeth clashed together, snapping the vine and flinging me out of the treetops. I yelped once more and narrowly grabbed a lengthy branch... which also proceeded to snap, and I fell to the earth, smacking my head on a tree root... was not pleasant.

Spoiler

LD: 9 = Night night!

Edited by Grave

I hauled myself up, rubbing the back of my head, and boy did I feel WEIRD! I could not place why, but one thing I can say is I was pretty dizzy... oh well. I trudged away, deciding that my farming session was done for the day. I spotted a few amazons near the edge of the town, and they seemed to notice me too... like, REALLY notice me. Two walked towards me almost seductively, and I had no idea what I was doing, but I simply strolled up to greet them. "What do you say we go have some private time, ladies?" I asked. But why did I ask that?! They began taking me away, giggling maniacally.

I later found out that I had been found at a tree, my head on top of a root and my tongue hanging out... why, gods... why could that not have been real...

End of Thread Rewards

Grave: 200 Col + 1 SP

END