[PP: F7] A Surprise Encounter! [Jevi]-Complete

Opal had found herself on the base ground of Floor Seven. She was window shopping in the shopping district looking for some new items that might tickle her fancy and get her head out of the clouds. She was given some time off to collect a few supplies and it was an Off Day in her training, so she thought it would be best to do some casual looking around. The woman had dressed in her basic clothes, revealing almost no flesh of her skin which was new for the female. She didn't want to go out in public wearing some scantily clad armor like she normally did. After that horrific event, just a mere stare from men had almost boiled her blood to the point of snapping like a dragon's maw at them.

But it was curious as she searching around, a familiar looking woman had entered her view, "Jevi?" It was the blacksmith that forged her Izunami. The woman gave a slight smile, at least it wasn't a male person otherwise she would not have made her presence known.

"Hi, Jevi, isn't it? Do you remember me? I had you forge my Izunami..." she moved to the side to show off the sheathed weapon at her side, "It's good to see again. What brings you up to floor seven? Doing some window shopping like I am?" she asked, she attempted her best smile which was hard to do. It was beyond to do anything that was considered 'cheery.' 

Edited by Opal
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~"Floor Seven.. Nimbus." 

The purple haired girl called out while standing on the warp pad on Floor Five. She had decided to explore a new floor today, or at least the settlement.. she was still far too low of a level to go exploring on a floor that high on her own. She hoped to maybe check out some of the local blacksmiths in the area.. get some inspiration for some new weapons or armor to make. As the thoughts crossed through her head, her avatar materialized into the new area. The girl opened her eyes, which at first needed to adjust to the slightly darker environment. It seemed like this fortress like village was built into some sort of cave, illuminated by the streetlights as well as large green crystals on the ceiling of the mountain. ~"..Woah.." she said under her breath as the armor clad woman looked around. 

This had been her first time out in her new suit of armor, which was a heavy suit of armor consisting mostly of a larger breast plate covering mostly her collar, a large pointed shoulder plate on her right arm, with plates of armor placed all the way down to her clawed gauntlet. Her left arm was left mostly bare, her chain mail undershirt could be seen covering her bicep, and a black fingerless glove. Around her neck and waist were bushels of white fur, as well as a leather pouch belt around her waist. The clanking noises she made when walking were a result of her heavily armored shins and boots.

560d325590a01_Jevi_armor_BW.thumb.png.0a

The dark skinned girl slowly walked through the streets of Nimbus, her arms crossed as she looked into the windows of the surrounding shops.. even fighting off the urge to go in and buy things. Suddenly, a slightly familiar voice captured Jevi's attention away from the an elegant suit of armor on display in one of the shop's windows. When she turned her heard to see who had called her, she saw a pretty, dark haired girl approaching her. Jevi looked at the girl for a moment, trying to recognize her. It then hit her when she realized it was Opal.. just not recognizing her because of her new attire. ~"Oh, Opal right? Yeah I remember you." she smiled at the girl, greeting her. ~"Its good to see you again too... and, yeah.. I guess I couldn't stop myself." She raised a slight eyebrow at Opal when she gave her a pretty pathetic excuse for a smile. 

Edited by Jevi

"Hey, that's great you remembered my name. I am glad for that," the woman smiled more this time at the mention of her being remembered, that cheered her up a little bit from her more stoic like given smile. She looked at the window and saw an impressive armor mounted within the shop and nodded with interest, "That looks pretty cool. Betchya it might cost an arm or a leg to buy ya know? Or the shop owner is asking for some one in a thousand type rare material to forge another like it." the woman attempted to keep the conversation going, although speaking with people was becoming more difficult as the more time she had spent away from civilization and others. 

"But your armor, that looks pretty fantastic as well! It suits your figure pretty well, I suppose you custom made that for yourself? I've actually been meaning to come see you again. Due to the recent update, I was able to respec my skills so I could get the Katana faster which means the Izunami will be need to be replaced. I can't tell you how much fun it was to wield this beautiful weapon though. Would you mind if we sat down somewhere to chat for a bit? I know a cafe or two on this floor that are pretty remote and quiet." Opal smiled, it was coming back to her slowly how easy it could be to talk to people, and Jevi didn't seem like someone who would blast off and aggravate her nerves, actually Opal felt more at ease with her presence.  

The purple haired girl smirked when Opal's smiled turned into a much more genuine one at the remembrance of her name. In her mind, how could she forget Opal? Not only did she forge one of the most interesting looking blade for the woman, but she had the face and... looks.. of a woman who could not be forgotten easily. The girl seemed to take interest in what Jevi was looking at before her approach, believing that a suit of armor such as that would be far too expensive for them, ~"Yeah.. but in my opinion.. whats the fun in wearing shiny armor? Yeah you look nice.. but it just goes to show how many battles you've been in." She knew this was a game.. so wear and damage on armor and weapons was most likely impossible, but that was why she made all of her armor and weapons to look battle worn. To give them that extra hint of power.

The girl looked down at her own suit of armor when Opal complimented her on it, ~"Yeah, I made this for myself. Thanks." she smiled at the girl.  She then went on to mention she would probably be returning to her armory very soon to have katanas crafted. That was new, she had never made a katana before, but now she figured she could give it a shot, and be more than happy to help Opal. ~"Of course! I've never crafted a katana before.. sounds pretty fun though." Opal then invited Jevi to a cafe so the two could chat. It would be nice to actually get to know the girl. With a smile, she nodded, placing her hand on her hip. ~"Alright, sounds good to me. Lead the way." 

Opal gave a warming smile, flicking the long black tendrils of her hair off her shoulders and hugged her arms over her chest, "That's great news. Let's see..." Opal moved one hand from over her bust to her full lips and looked around getting a feel for which part of the district they were in. She raised an eyebrow and then nodded with a gesture, "The Happy Tummy is over this way, strange name and they sell some pretty exotic desserts as well. I haven't had something sweet to eat in a while since my training started. It's not too far away." 

The two women had walked through Urbus, one of them wearing the worn looking armor as Jevi had pointed out while the other had formal clothes on, she would have switched into her battle armor but that just didn't seem like something that was necessary for an outing such as this. But she marveled at Jevi's unique armor and her beauty as well. She was a bit envious of the woman and was able to hold her body with such confidence. Opal was like that once before, without so much as care to th world of how much or how little she revealed of her body, how things quickly change when you're thrown a hardball in life. 

"Ahh! The Happy Tummy!" it was an outdoors cafe, lit with green lights and marvelous aromas. Opal took a seat at a small round table along with her new companion and there was a bit of silence before the waiter came along to greet his guests. 

"Hello ladies, can I help you with something? We don't use menus, just our imaginations. So feel free to let me know what you'd like. My name is Squareson."

"Mmm, how about a cup of warm tea and a slice of one of your exotic fruit pies. One that I haven't tried before." Opal asked.

The man nodded, just now remembering the face of his customer. "And you?" he looked to Jevi. 

~"The.. Happy Tummy..?" Jevi said in a low, questioning tone.. wondering if Opal was serious with the name. The place almost sounded like some sort of children's restaurant. She could not help but scoff at the thought, ~"Sure, I'll take your word that its a good place. I could go for some good sweet food." The purple haired girl walked with Opal, hoping she would not get a glimpse of any silly costumed characters at 'The Happy Tummy.' She looked over at Opal as the two walked.. She was dressed in nicer attire, most likely something she had learned to wear during her training. Jevi, on the other hand, looked like she was about to go fight a dragon. She smiled at the girl, ~"That looks nice on you, by the way. A lot different from what you wore when you came to my shop." If she remembered correctly, Opal's old attire consisted of a strappy top that mainly covered her chest along with leather pants.. a definite comparison to the formal attire she wore now. 

Eventually the two arrived at an outdoor cafe, illuminated by green lights that were similar to the large green crystal formations high above them. It was a lot different than Jevi had originally thought, and no Micky Mouses in sight. The two sat down at a round table and were approached by a male waiter, who first took Opal's order. She seemed to know exactly what she wanted, confirming that she had definitely been to this place before. Then the man turned to Jevi, who had no idea what she wanted. ~"O-Oh.. Actually, I'll have the same thing." She gave off a slightly embarrassed smirk that she was not able to 'use her imagination' with ordering. 

The man nodded, "Be back in a jiffy." 

Opal looked to Jevi, "Don't worry about that. We will still end up getting something totally different. Exotic fruit can be anything and I am sure they don't make the same thing twice. This is a lot better than The Drunken Snake on Urbus, there are a lot of shady people there and you have to check your glass too..." Opal added mentioning an old tavern she used to go to.

"Ahh, this?" she pointed to herself and her current wardrobe, "Thanks. Some...things have happened that made me rethink a few personal choices on what I should be wearing out in public. I used to love to show off my skin...but now..." Opal looked to her left and then downcast, "It's better this way. I don't think I could ever bring myself to wearing...something so revealing anymore." she continued on. 

"Oh! But, I was going to actually ask you about those swords. So it'll be your first time making Katanas? I don't think that'll be much of a problem, you already make epic looking curved swords." Opal unsheathed the weapon from her side and placed it down on the table. "You can tell by the way it looks that you created this with your best effort. And you know, this sword has really helped me out in those few battles I've had with it. I was wondering if you would want it back after I get my Katanas from you? I don't know what sort of weapon you use at the moment, but I would love to pass it on to someone who could use it rather than keep it stored in my inventory." Opal offered, "Mmm, but as far as the Katanas go...There are a few different ones I have in mind. And I know what you're gonna say once you see the patterns I have in mind, but I am not trying to knock off the Silver Haired guy from that one game, but I would love an Odachi around the six or seven foot marker. I am sure you can make an intimidating weapon of the like." Opal smiled. 

The waiter had returned and offered them the tea and two plates. Each plate had a piece of the pie on it with a questionable almost rainbow like filling in the middle. But they were subtle differences between the two. Opal thanked the waiter as he smiled and allowed them to eat in peace, "Ahh, it's been so long since I had something sweet. Cheers to friendship, Jevi." 

Opal raised her warm cup of tea and sipped it lightly after placing it back down, then picking up the spork and stabbing the edge of the pie with it and then swept it into her mouth. The flavor was both interesting and intense, not too sweet and not too tart and she couldn't make out what fruits were actually used to make it. The crust of the pie had a slight sugar coating which just added to the overall flavor, "Mmm...that is quite yummy." Opal had taken another bite, a bigger one too big for her spork to handle as the corner of her lip was smeared with a dark red and yellow fruit sauce. 

The man made a hasty exit to fetch the women their food. Jevi watched as he walked away, wondering where the kitchen would be in an outdoor cafe such as this. As he left her sight, she turned back to Opal. ~"Huh, thats good to know.. Definitely a way to keep people coming back if they know they're gonna get something different every time" she chuckled, raising one of her hands to the bottom of her chin for support. ~"The Drunken Snake? Hm.. Never heard of it. Sounds more like a place I would end up at " the purple haired girl laughed at herself ~"W-Why would you.. need to check your glass?" Jevi glared across the table, confused and disgusted. ~"I.. take that back.. I wouldn't want to be there.

Opal went on to talk about her current wardrobe and that some experiences she had recently caused her to change her mind about wearing revealing clothes. ~"I-I mean, the other outfit looks great on you too, but I understand." the girl blushed slightly as she complimented the dark haired girl, rubbing her right arm with her clawed gauntlet. She then looked down at the armor and chuckled to herself, before opening up her inventory and un-equipping the gauntlet, leaving just a sleeve with no glove unlike her opposite hand. She looked back up to Opal, wondering what could have happened to the girl that made her make such a decision. She felt it in her to ask.. maybe help her come to terms with it, but she continued on about the katanas she wants made.

The girl nodded as Opal repeated what Jevi had told her, that it would be her first time crafting a katana. She could not help but smile when Opal complimented her on her handiwork with curved swords. Opal then took out the beautiful curved sword and placed it on the table. As Jevi's eyes looked it over, now from the opposite side of the table, she blinked in amazement. She had crafted that herself? ~"Y-Yeah. I really did put in my best effort honestly." her yellow eyes looked softly from the blade on the table up to Opal with a small smile. She then offered to give it back to Jevi once she had her hands on the katanas she wanted. ~"W-What?! You want to give me back Izunami? B-but..." Jevi did not know what to say. It truly was a kind gesture, to give back a sword like that to her. Of course, she would not be putting that blade up for sale.. but using it for her own needs. The girl then began to talk again about what type of katanas she would want... noticing this time the plural word.. She wanted more than one. One of them being an odachi, with a length of six to seven feet. Jevi picked her head up with wide eyes, ~"That a big ass sword.." she then smirked, "But I'll take the challenge. Come by whenever to put in the order, and I'll try and come up with something for you."

Finally, their waiter had returned with two plates, each with a slice of pie on them as well as two small cups of steaming hot tea. Jevi nodded in thanks at the man before picking up her cup of tea as Opal did, before taking a small sip. She then replaced the cup in her hand with a fork as she dug into the slice of fruit pie on the table. She had not even bothered to look at the various colors of the mixed fruits, for she was too excited to see what it tasted like. Jevi's lips, which were moving from chewing, curved into a smile. ~"Wow. I don't think I've ever tasted pie this good." It had a strong taste of banana and mango, giving it the light orange color. There must have been something else in the mixture that gave it even a purple tint in some places, which she soon realized was blueberries. 

Opal smiled with delight, both because of the pie and the good company. Jevi was actually pretty easy to talk to, which she was thankful for after the getting the nerve to actually speak to someone other than Master Myoga. She continued to pick apart her pie and eat bits and pieces of it here and there, she ran a slick thumb down the side of her lip and placed the mixed fruit filling left behind into her mouth and savored the plethora of taste in her mouth.

"Good to know we don't have to worry about our weight in the game, huh? I would be a big old blimp by now, not that it would matter, I guess." a solemn statement about her own physical appearance. She looked to Jevi who had removed a part of her armor, "Is that a heavy armor set?" she asked pointing to the armor in question with her spork, "Doesn't look too bulky, I might have to hit you up on some armor as well down the line. I am going with a more evasive build, so leather and light armor is what is currently owned to me at the moment. But maybe solid mitigation and a big ass weapon is what I need to mow me down some mobs and the like. To be..." Opal continued to chew her food but there was something of a shadow out of the corner of her eye and to the right of Jevi in the background. She quirked a brow and casually looked the other direction and the lowly cursed to herself.  

"Looks like we might have some people watching us. I know a few of their ugly mugs from a rival group against my Master trying to learn Shinobi Secrets. They are nothing to worry about right now and hopefully they won't be bothersome. I don't wanna drag you into one of my own battles...these guys are persistent, I give them that." As Opal had noticed one of them, they sunk back into the shadows leaving the women be for now. The raven haired woman continued to chew on her food finally swallowing and looked back to Jevi, "So, we really haven't got a chance to know each other much outside of business transactions. What sort of things do you enjoy doing? Unless...you don't wanna talk about those kinds of things. Or even if you want to share personal information, I figured I can see a friendship in this. You are not a bad person from what I have witnessed so far and you carry yourself pretty well, I admire that." 

It was true, confidence was something Opal could give off all day long before, now even slight movements made her twitch and the feeling of dread always seemed to accompany that feeling. Opal lifted the warm cup of tea and pressed it to her lips, the warmth of the liquid gave comfort to her senses as she drank it and eased her mind.  

Jevi let out a muffled giggle, placing her hand in front of her mouth as she swallowed the pastry that was in her mouth. ~"Yeah you have a point there. I wish I could put on a couple of pounds though so I'm not this skinny" she laughed. Jevi truly did have a skinny body with not much muscle or fat to it. It was mostly due to her poor lifestyle in the real world. Jevi took a slightly larger fork full of the pie, believing she had never tasted anything like this before in her life. Opal then commented on Jevi's choice of armor, asking if it was a heavy set. She looked up from her plate, a splash of the orange sauce on her face. She picked a napkin up from the table and wiped it from her lip. ~"Mmhm. Doesn't look like much, but it really soaks up a lot of damage" she smirked confidently. ~"Sure, I'd be more than happy to make you some armor as well. I've never really played games like this before Sword Art.. So I wouldn't know how to play an evasive character. Too complicated for me. So that's why I went with the big sword and heavy armor type that'll keep me alive."  As she finished talking, she noticed the expression in Opal's face had slightly changed, her eyes fixing to something behind her. The purple haired girl raised an eyebrow, wondering what exactly it was that Opal saw. 

The woman across the table from her spoke softly about what it was that caught her eye. She noticed some familiar faces, not very kind ones at that, were keeping tabs on Opal and her companion. Apparently they were fighting against the girl's master and wanted some sort of secret information from them. What better way to get to the big guy than through their students. Jevi furrowed her eyebrows and nodded, figuring she would not speak for now to avoid suspicion. Opal must have had the same idea, for she quickly changed the topic to small talk. ~"Things that I enjoy doing? Err." she scratched at her cheek with her index finger as her yellow eyes looked up to the sky. She never really thought about that.. The only things she did here were spend time in her shop or go out and fight things, ~"Well, aside from the smithing and fighting mobs, like we all do here.. there really is not much else I have done. I mean, sometimes I hang out with my, girl friend... but.. she has not been around lately." her eyes slowly dropped to the table, realizing Shaya had not crossed her mind once. Maybe she was starting to feel distant from her, since he had not been around for a long time. She let out a sigh, ~"A-Anyways, what about you? I'm sure you have a lot more interesting stories than me." 

Opal nodded, "Oh! Girlfriend! That must be nice, I have a few lady friends as well...Well, maybe not...not friends more like acquaintances...I guess." Opal's eyes adverted to the table. Her arms up on the table now in a reverse V as she placed her chin on her hands and looked into the nothingness to her right, "Yeah...I have some pretty interesting stories to tell alright. Before SAO I was actually studying to be a Chemist for a University that I go to school at. And for some specialized tests on what the brain does when its in VMMORPGs, I was going to use it for a thesis, didn't think I was gonna get stuck here though..." she added her elbows slipped off the table and moved her spork over the fruit pastry and jabbed it slightly, "Then some random [censored] happened, I ended up losing a friend to a rare monster raid, then losing another friend to a possible PK crime..." she jabbed her pie again, the filling oozing out of the top, "And then....somewhere along the way....I died as well..." she sighed and shook her head.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to sound so melodramatic. We did not chose to live this way, it was just given to us on a silver plate. No one asked if it was alright to take our freedom away...That's how it is sometimes, people just keep taking bits and pieces of you without permission...until there is nothing left for them to take..." Opal sounded like a depressed emo chick now, and she knew it, but that was the gravity of the situation. She offered a half smile, "But there are fond memories as well. Meeting some good friends, being part of a guild was nice. I enjoyed the family aspect...So I guess you have to take the good with the bad wherever you go." 

The raven haired woman flipped the long tendrils of black hair off her shoulder and pushed the plate out of her way, she offered a fuller smile to Jevi, "So...I suppose I antagonized you long enough with my emotions. Hahaha, sorry about that. I've just been through a lot of [censored], I guess. We all have since we've been here. But I am getting stronger now, I know I am. Things will be different for me, for us. Soon this game will be cleared and we can leave this hell hole once and for all."   

Jevi chuckled lightly, wondering if Opal had realized Jevi did not merely mean a friend that happened to be a female. ~"You know, I started off not wanting any friends.. or thinking I would not find any. Believe it or not.. I used to be a much bigger bitch than I am now." she raised the tea cup to the smirk on her lips, taking a small sip. ~"But things really changed when I started to meet good people.." Just as Jevi thought, Opal had some tales to tell about her past. She started off with the real world, which she had not expected. There were not many people Jevi had met who told her about their lives outside of SAO, so this was new to her. She listened to how she wanted to be a chemist, but an experiment gone wrong placed the woman inside of Aincrad. ~"Well, lets hope you get an A on it then" she laughed pathetically, trying to joke and bring light to the situation. That light was soon snuffed out, however, as the woman continued. Apparently, through a series of unfortunate events, Opal had lost a couple of close friends in game.. taking a piece of herself with them. And the poor pie in front of her was getting the worst end of the stick, being stabbed multiple times by Opal out of anger and frustration. She admitted that she had been through a lot of bad things, but she still held on to a lot of dear memories created within SAO. Jevi's eyes slowly dropped to the table again, when she realized her words mimicked Jevi's life as well.

~"W-..When I was very young, my mother died of an illness. Still never cared to find out what it was... thought it would bring up too many bad memories. My father supported me the best he could, though.. to some.. it would seem like nothing since he didn't make that much... I went through hell in high school.. being bullied for God knows what reason. And I was able to deal with it.. until.." The girl inhaled sharply, trying to keep her emotions inside and get the story out without going overboard, ~"U-Until my father died in a car wreck as well.. leaving me alone.. Thats when everything got worse.. and I tried to fight back, keeping to myself and all.." she let out a light chuckle, ~"So yeah.. I know how you feel. I've been through hell too." she gave the girl a pathetic excuse for a smile across the table. ~"Sorry.. I didnt mean to throw that all on the table.. I just.. thought it would be good to get it off my chest to someone I can trust, and who knows how I feel." 

Opal moved her right hand over the table and it swept past the woman's hand, her hand cupped hers for a moment, "The pain in this game or the in the real world is real in all aspects. But to have that happen to you out there, outside of the game, that is by far more tragic than anything I have gone through here. I'm sorry for the loss of your parents." Opal gave Jevi's hand a light squeeze before retracting it.

"Since we are on the subject, neither of us should have to apologize for the emotions then. The world is cruel on its own and it will continue to be cruel if we let it sink into our skin and deep into our bones..." it was at this time the table was surrounded by several large figures, Opal scoffed, "Bout time you asshole showed up. I was beginning to think you wussed out." 

"Stupid, Bitch. How about you and your girly friend here come with us. We have a score to settle and that Sensui wants you to come back with us. This woman here will be another fine prize to add to our collection." the piggish look man standing next Jevi placed a hand on the smooth surface of her cheek. 

"Get up...Now!" Another said next to Opal. The waiter that served them had come out of the indoor portion of the cafe, "U-ugh excuse me, please don't harass my customers. I, I--" the man was thrown through the shop's window, Opal and Jevi were picked up by the shoulder by their rough hands, "Hey, Jevi, sorry to get you in this mess...Wanna take out some trash?" 

Waiting for her nod, Opal planted her heel into the man's foot and then gave a thunderous uppercut. Due to them being in a safe zone, no damage could be dealt to them. But it freed them for the moment and they started to run towards the outer limits of the city, "Hey! We'll lead them out of the city and take care of them outside of the border...But you have no reason to be here, I can distract them long enough for you to get away!" Opal shouted over her shoulder to the purple haired woman, she wouldn't let her new friend to get in the middle of her own problems. Going through her menu quickly while continuing to run, Opal burst into a prismatic light as her attire changed as her casual clothing was replaced with her battle armor. 

It was just a few yards more and then was eight of them giving chase to the two females. Opal readied her blade as they crossed the border, the Izunami now shimmering as Opal waited for them to cross the line. She would break their spirit, just like they had done to her. 

The girl smiled over at Opal as she consoled her, ~"Thank you, Opal. I've gotten over it mostly.. just still hurt's when it comes back up." Opal then stated neither of the women should apologize for spilling their feelings out on the table, since they were both in the same situation. Jevi opened her mouth, about to agree, when she noticed a group of men beginning to surround their table. ~"...Friends of yours?" A voice from behind Jevi demanded that the two come with them, referring to Jevi as a 'prize.' As if that was not enough, the man caressed her cheek with his greasy hand. The side of her mouth twitched as she glared forward with yellow eyes, not looking at the man touching her, yet speaking to him, ~"Do that again and I'll break your [censored] fingers off. Got it?" 

She could only watch as another one of the men stopped the waiter from breaking up the small group, tossing him through a nearby window. Those bastards, who the hell do they think they are. As their attention was on the man being thrown away, she quickly lifted up her hand and opened her inventory. Her other arm, she placed on her lap, to avoid the men from seeing her equip her heavy metal gauntlet back onto her arm. The men then grabbed the two girls by their shoulders, hoisting them up out of their seats. Jevi's now clawed fingers twitched in anger and anticipation as they were manhandled, Jevi looked over to Opal as she asked if she wanted to help take care of these guys, and she returned with a mischievous looking grin and a nod. 

As she saw Opal act first, breaking the grip of the man that held her, Jevi drove both of her elbows back into the gut of the man behind her. She then spun on her heel to face the man, before scratching the man across his ugly mug with her claw. Now out of their grasps, Jevi followed after Opal, her heavy armor clanking as they ran through the streets of Nimbus. Opal tried to tell Jevi that she would take the attention off of her so she could run, ~"And miss out on the fun? What do you take me for?" She yelled back up to the girl as they were being closely tailed by the gang of men. Jevi quickly brought her sword out of her inventory, not as glorious as Opal's blade, but it would still do the trick. ~"I don't know what their deal is.. or what they're after. But I won't let them take you."

As they slid out of the boundaries of the town of Nimbus, their backs towards the open world behind them, they had been surrounded once more by the four thugs and the company of several enlisted mercenary shinobi warriors all clad in dark print, each one of them a symbol of Sensui's Camp on their upper right chest. Opal looked to Jevi as she spoke, "She won't let them take...me?" Opal almost felt like she could cry at that statement, but her face was stoic and her eyes alert.

"You heard her, we aren't going anywhere. But all of you are going to hell..." Opal pushed into stance as the thugs cracked the bones in there knuckles and necks. The absurd crunching noise made to intimidate them. Opal made her move to the first few on her left, her Izunami going up into the air and coming down in a full arc. She had slashed downward as the black blade stretched a long red gash into their bodies as she was surrounded once more. Her right arm was grabbed and then her left, she was lifted up off the ground and then she kicked forward and then her elbow shot back into one of them. She fell downwards and activated her <<Acrobatic>> skill planting a hand into the ground, spun around and landed back around on her feet. Jevi was holding her own, was she actually smiling as she was ripping through their HP Bar? 

Opal knew...that some people had the knack for combat, the look in their face, the war of the world. The raven haired woman gripped tighter on her blade as a flicker of a smile appeared on her face, "I'm going to enjoy this more than I should." 

She lifted the black blade over her head and pointed it that the sun high above. It came crashing down into the earth, "<<FELL CRESCENT!>>" the blade pulsated with light before it hit the ground sending a quick shockwave of energy towards several of their would-be captures. Then men cried out as their bodies were gashed from head to toe from the explosive attack. 

"Tell Sensui to go [censored] himself! <<Reaver!!>>" Opal shouted once more as the blade pulsated once more with an ominous glow as she slashed across the thug's upper body. The more they mowed down however, the more that seemed to pop out of nowhere. Opal cursed as she looked as several of the ninja surrounded the two women again, closing them in a small circle. 

"You alright, Jevi?" Opal said, her back touching against the woman's. She breathed in heavily as they thugs were healed by their outside support members, "[censored], they have First Aid healers...We can't keep this up much longer..."      

The purple haired girl took a deep breath in as the men began to form up. Her yellow eyes scanned the men, making note of the various weapons each held.. as well as their postures. Despite feeling the adrenaline of the fight that was about to happen.. she could not help but worry about this fight. They would be fighting real players, well, if Opal knew who they were then this probably was not her first time. However, Jevi was a different story. Players were craftier.. and had more moves up their sleeves than plain old boars. But she was ready, and she was not going to let them take the girls away. She would need to keep her cool, not show she was nervous. Some of the men began to crack their necks and knuckles in an attempt to scare the girls, Jevi laughed at them, tilting her head to the side with wide eyes. ~"Oh so you do have bones! I was starting to think they didn't add them in for our avatars... Looks like I'll get to break them after all." They weren't the only ones who could play the scary game. One of the men, thinking they could gain the upper hand on Jevi, decided to make the first strike. He used some sort of charge skill to quickly break the distance between the two, bringing his sword down like a hammer. Jevi used her gauntlet as a shield and absorbed pretty much all of the attack. With her sword in her other hand, she charged up her Reaver skill, slashing at the man's gut. As the first assailant fell backwards, Jevi heard another man approaching her from behind. She quickly threw her foot back, giving the man a good kick in the chest and knocking the wind out of him. Once her foot hit the ground, she jabbed her clawed hand forward, grabbing at his neck. With the man's throat in her hand, she turned her body, throwing him down to the dirt. She then drove her boot into the man's chest as she used her Scorpion Slicer to block the attack for another man. The expression on Jevi's face had not changed, she was still grinning. The feeling of this fight was ... exhilarating, not being able to know what was coming. 

She had fended off multiple opponents, her health points only dropping slightly.. but her energy was running low. The girl, out of breath, felt Opal's back press into hers as they looked at the men surrounding them. They began to stand up, and their health bars began to increase again as well. They had healers? Damn. They were craftier than they looked. ~"I-I'm alright. How are you holding up? She watched as the men closed in on them. The girl bit her lip, trying to force herself to say what she was going to say, ~"Opal... You mentioned it yourself they are after secrets you know..." she took a deep breath. ~"I'll hold them off.. Get away from here."  

Edited by Jevi

"W-what? You said it yourself earlier that you wouldn't let them take me...I am saying this now...I won't let them do to you what they have done to me, no woman should be tormented like that. We are in this together...Now, I have the quicker step than you do, I'll take out the healers with my AoE arts, you continue being the badass that you have been doing. We'll put the fear back in their eyes. They may have the numbers, but these are just goons. We can take'em." Opal turned and tapped Jevi's shoulder with her fist signaling for them to once more break apart and attack. 

Engaging her <<Sprint & Acrobatic>> skill set, Opal dodged and twisted around the blows of the on coming attacks. She moved with the grace and dexterity of a swan as her fluid movements weaved through her enemies. Coming to an about face in front of the group of healers, she whipped her blade out slashing through the air <<Feel Crescent>> being performed as the crimson glow of the sword art was engaged with her hands in position. The blade came out like a blinding light as it struck the first set of healers, pinning them to the ground from the shockwave of her explosive attack.  She turned on the ball of her foot, a few thugs coming in to to take her down. Between grit teeth, she whipped her sword arm around as Opal spun on the ball of her foot slashing majestically into the air with a barrage of <<Reaver>> slashes. 

Opal then went to work on the remaining Healer's Squad, taking them out one by one and dropping their HP to dangerous levels. With this they had no choice but to flee the battle, but they were quickly replaced with more experienced fighters that appeared just form behind them.

"You are all like god damn roaches! Ggggrriyaaa!" Her battle cry echoed loud with a guttural finish as she vaulted forward with intense slashes from her fine black blade. The Izunami was doing a fantastic job seeing battle against other players, the enhancements made everything easy for her to get close and squeeze out the extra accuracy she needed to make sure her blade found their mark. Once more whipping around as her skirt lifted up into the air, she slashed downward as the ground began to shake violently, "What the hell is that?" She scanned the area, "JEVI! WATCH OUT!" A behemoth of a man with flaming red hair, and massive body that looked like a bodybuilder and came charging in like rhino. His massive arms hit the ground exploding waves of energy towards Jevi's general direction. As the impact manifested the man laughed, "The Volcano has erupted." the man laughed, his voice booming with every syllable. 

Opal cursed and looked at him returning to Jevi once more to see if she was alright, "You alright?..." she said lowly then looking back at the brute, "So, Sensui has sent one of his Seconds after us, huh? Volcano! I am going to make you pay for what you did to Master Myoga! I will break you, just as you did to me!" 

OOC: Volcano is one of the Second in Commands of Sensui's Army in my personal Arc, about 8 feet tall, built like rhino, GrandMaster Martial Artist and flaming red hair, very muscular. While he is big and huge, he also pacts the speed of a ninja and is a lot smarter than he looks. :D Info if you wanna take a few shots at it, but hes a strong character. 

The girl's eyes widened as she heard the sound of pounding foot steps charging towards them. She could not pinpoint its exact location through the other various sounds of yelling and metal clashing. The one thing that did pierce through the other sounds, however, was Opal calling out to Jevi, warning her to watch out. But it was too late, the ending of Opal's sentence was cut off by a loud crashing sound. The ground began to tremble like an earthquake as seismic waves of energy came plowing towards the women, mainly Jevi. She quickly threw her arms in an X across her body as the waves hit her, barely absorbing each shock sent her way. After the attack seemed to stop, she slowly brought her arms down, breathing heavily. Glancing up at her HP bar, she noticed the hulking man's attack had taken a huge chunk out of it. ~..ugh.. damn..I'm.. still alive.." she said over to Opal, who asked if she was alright. ~"huff..huff.. Volcano huh.. huff.. huff.." Jevi clenched her curved sword in her hand and bashed it against her chest plate. ~"Is that the best you got?" 

With grit teeth, Jevi lowered her body and brought her sword back to charge up another attack. She glared across with yellow eyes at the man, who pounded his fists together in anticipation of the woman's attack. Activating her Fell Crescent move, the system propelled Jevi forward at the flaming headed man. As she got in close, she swung her sword across her body.. but The Volcano leapt backwards to avoid her initial strike. Taking a step forward, the man launched one of his giant fists at the girl which caught her mostly off guard since she was still recovering from her sword skill. Thinking fast, Jevi threw her armored arm up to block the shock of the attack, causing her to slide back on the dirt. As the man pulled his fist back Jevi followed with her sword, thrusting forward for a stabbing attack. With luck, Jevi was able to meet the man's hip, leaving a small gash on his side. ~"Tsk.. better than nothing I guess." Jevi created distance between the two, panting from exhaustion. 

Just as Jevi had created distance between herself and Volcano, like a silver star bounding up and over the purple haired woman, Opal vaulted upwards and came down slashing the man into the chest leaving a minor orange glow of the attack she just impacted. Opal's hair whipped around her like a spiraling staircase as she twisted on her foot and slashed once more with her dark blade. Crackling with energy to release a Sword Art, the woman was uprooted from the ground and then hurled away from an impressive looking uppercut ringing her senseless. As Opal landed towards towards Jevi's feet, there was a huge orange bulge under her chin where the fist had made impact. Slowly raising to her feet she cursed mildly, "Hahaha...little girls trying to play with the Big Boy. My men would just love to have you both bent over a ta---" 

The words were cut off by a massive surge of wind traveling at the opposite side of them, a long figure in black, short and spiky hair came roaring through the crowd of ninja chopping them down as if they were nothing but mere insects. As soon as this dark blur had appeared, the wind dissipated into calmness and standing in front of Jevi and Opal was the warrior known as Hiei. The orange cursor hanging over his head as he gave a trademark cocky grin towards the behemoth in front of them.

"Bent over, huh? How about I stick you with the pointy end of my blade and see how much you bend over from being a little bitch?" Volcano did not like to be talked down to like that, especially by a runt no taller than five feet. Gritting his massive maw, Volcano whistled signaling his troops to clear the area. He pointed his finger at Opal and Jevi, "This isn't the last you have seen of me! Lava Fist! Vanish!" 

And as quickly as they appeared they had disappeared leaving a mass of white smoke behind to cover their trails. Hiei, also known as the PKing Demon, turned around to face the two women, "Looks like you owe me a favor..." the man said folding his arms into his chest, "Thanks for the help, Hiei. We could have had him though if we work--"

"No...No you couldn't. Master Myoga is a fine sensei, but don't let that cloud your personal judgement of yourself. Isn't that what happened last time?" 

Opal sheathed her blade and looked away, tousling pieces of ebony behind her hair, "Alright, I get what you mean." Hiei looked towards Jevi with an odd blink and a slightly open mouth, he looked away from her and sped off into the distance further away from the safe zone. Opal sighed and crouched down for a moment, "Sorry I pulled you into that mess, Jevi. But it looks like everything is alright for now. If Volcano or those thugs show up at any time, don't hesitate to call me. They can be troublesome...But I think we are clear of any further enemies. It certainly has been an interesting day, huh?" Opal offered a smile as she stood up getting air back into her lungs and whipping away the sweat accumulated off her dark brows. 

As Jevi's attack ended, Opal switched in with her, leaping over her head and into the battle. After an impressive attack, she was knocked backwards by the man's gargantuan fist, landing on the ground at her feet. Jevi quickly helped Opal up, glaring over at the man. He was really tough.. almost too tough for the two of them. Not only that, but they had the rest of the group standing watch as well to worry about. Jevi did not want to show it, but she was panicking at the situation. The stone faced girl took a long deep breath, trying to keep an anxiety attack from arising. Lucky for her, another entity came out of the blue and shut the Volcano up mid sentence. 

Yellow eyes grew wide as she looked at the black blur that had entered the fray, an orange cursor above his head. The man took out a various number of the enemies, not caring if they lived or died.. obviously from the indicator above his head which marked him as a killer of other players. He was not able to take out all of the group, but he did enough damage to cause Volcano and the rest of the survivors to retreat in a cloud of white smoke. What is with all these damn ninjas... Jevi looked to the man in front of them as he walked up to them, and Opal spoke with him. Seemed like those guys were a lot tougher that the two had though, and if this man had not come along to save them, they'd be dead.. or worse. 

Jevi looked up at the man as he returned the gaze, giving her an opened mouth stare before disappearing once again. Jevi raised one of her eyebrows, ~"What the hell was that look?" she then sighed and crossed her arms, turning back to Opal who was crouching on the ground. ~"Hey no need to apologize. Still alive aren't we." The purple haired girl smirked and pounded on her chest with her fist. ~"Gotta say, those guys were giving us quite a run there.. But I think we had the situation under control." she chuckled.