Battle: Creating a Skill List

« Battles »

Battles against field monsters are roleplayed by the players and are not subject to the battle system. You may use the system if you wish, but this is optional.

A battle against other players or in special events, however, will require the use of the battle system.

The battle system follows a turn-based dice method. To use a skill, create a post with the skill's name and effect. YOU MAY NOT EDIT THIS POST. Once you see what number is rolled on that post, create an RP post accordingly. Once you have attempted one skill, it will be the next player's turn to use a skill.

» The dice roll's purpose is to activate a skill. Each skill has a different number requirement to activate.

Ex: Sword skill "Slash" requires a roll of 5 or higher to activate. If the player rolls 1~4, they must rp out a failed attack and it will then be the other player's turn to use a skill.

» You must keep track of your health at the bottom of each post.

» Players can only survive a certain number of hits.

Ex: A lvl 1 player can only take 3 attacks. This is noted by the player on their posts as 3/3 for full health, 2/3 for one hit taken, etc. So if you manage to activate an attack skill three times, then the lvl 1 player is then defeated.

» Different skills have different limitations, cool downs, and effects. Consult the skill guide for details. [not yet available]

« Player vs. Player »

To determine who goes first, the player with the higher post count gets to decide.

The rest of the battle follows the above system.

« Boss Battles »

Boss events will follow a similar format, but may have some variations which will be explained at that time.

So we need a) skill list and b) what lvl can survive how much?

Are we looking for anime cannon only skills? If we do anime cannon only, there will be a limit to what we can come up with. Now if we start pooling ideas for our own skills, then we can create an uber list of skills.

I was thinking maybe have 'classes' like we do on Integrability.

Heavy Class: 2 Handed Weapons, Pole-Axes, Axes, Scythes and the like

Medium Class: One handed Sword, Katana, Scimitar, Rapier, War Axe [small axe]

Light Class: Dagger, short sword, Kunai, Throwing Star, Throwing Dagger, Throwing Axe, Sword and Shield

[special event class???] Dual Classes: Twin dagger, Twin Saber, Dual Blade, Dual Axe

Once I get a better idea of where we are going with this, I can come up with like a billion skill names or whatever.

Its been a while since I watched the series, restarting it now so I get a better idea of how things work. In that case, all we need are skill names I am guessing. I'll come up with a major list with a decent about of weaponry. Maybe 5-10 each for now? Im off today, hurrah so I can get this done. :D

I'll either edit this post with the skill names or make another if someone posts after me. :D

• 4 months later...