[SP-F2] Punch a rock...your kidding right? <<Breaking the unbreakable>>

"So your telling me I have to punch that?" I say staring at this huge rock

---flashback----

I woke up, and was excited for the day, well as excited as I could be, I was told of a quest that would give me a new ability, the ability itself was rather useful, I was told it was martial arts and could help in some sword arts. It would do wonders for me if that was the case as my damage was rather lacking at the moment. Anyway I was told it was at a ridicualously high mountain top where an npc would tell me about it. And so, I woke up and got to leaving the inn and walking to the mountain. It took me a while to get to the mountain itself, and at least another hour to climb the mountain. I was lucky I had climbed some mountains in the real world when I had used to snowboard, other wise it would have taken much longer, and ben much harder. In any case I was at the top and fell to the ground. When my head lifted I could see a hut.

I got up slowly and walked towards the hut. When I got to it I knocked slowly three times, and waited. I had hoped the guy was actually here as it would suck if he wasn..."Hello how may I help you". I hadn't even noticed the door opening, nor seen the man before he had spoken. I looked at him and saw he was a rather short elderly old man, the stereotypical martial arts master. I also saw an exclamation point at the top of his head signifying a quests and pondered my response. After some time thinking I responded. "Yes sir, I was informed you could teach me in the ways of martial arts" After I said it a second flew by before the exclamation point grew big and *popped* "Ohh..hmm yes that could be arranged,"

---end of flashback--

"So your telling me I have to punch that" I say staring at this huge rock. I looked back to the elderly man "Yes, that it the way to learn the art, that is martial arts. When you have finished you may come talk to me, but not until it is destroyed". He bows slightly before returning to his hut. This man had taken me out to the opposite side of his hut, to a rock I had not seen before he brought me out. The rock was enormous, close to 2 meters either way id assume. He had told me that the rock itself was rather hard to break, and anyone capable of doing so, had the aptitude to gain the skill that is martial arts. I was lucky that I had made those gloves enhancing my unarmed damage before doing this. I checked my equipment before I got started to make sure i had them equipped, and they were. my sword in my inventory.

Equipped items

Handwraps of the drunken brawler +3 unarmed dmg

Strong plushie +2 ld

After checking my inventory I figured there was no better time to get started than this second. And so I took a swing. I hit the rock, but it must not have been good enough, as my hand simply bounced off doing no damage. And the weird thing was how my hand felt, there was a tingling sensation such as when you hit a baseball with the thin part of the bat, painful yes. I looked back at the rock wondering how on earth id do this if It just kept reflecting my hand off it, but this was only the first attempt, who knows.

ID:35167

BD:4

Rock 50/50

Edited by Astropheric

"remember the power comes from the hips" I remembered my dad saying that when he was teaching me how to fight when I was younger, I had never fought an actual person at school, only other people who were learning, and it wasn't dangerous as we were padded. Anyway I remembered him saying that and I tried my next punch like that. I pulled my arm back, and when I followed through I turned my hips for the power, and sure enough a tiny crack showed. I saw an hp bar pop up for a second on the rock before going away, it was about 1/10 gone, I smiled. Maybe this wont be so bad.

ID:35168

BD:9

Rock 45/50 (1 base +3 from equipment +1 crit)

Even though I had done damage the last time, the tingling sensation had been back, and it was rather awkward having it there. But in any case, I needed to get this quest done, and this rock destroyed. So I drew back for another punch, and released. The hp bar popped back up, and I saw it go down by a little bit, so it was almost 1/5 of the way gone. The crack had also grew a slight amount so it was now the length of my hand. I smiled as I was progressing through the rocks hp bar quicker than I thought I would

ID:35169

BD:8

Rock 41/50 (1 base +3 unarmed)

I stared at the rock, I needed to block out anything going on around me and CONCENTRATE as hard as I could on the rock to be able to bring it down. I drew back again to strike, and followed through, using my hips for the power. And I hit it, the hp bar showing and it decreasing a little. However my hand had bounced off, so I knew it was a close one. The crack split, so there was now 2 cracks, each the size of my hand, showing the progress I was making alongside the dwindling health bar. Soon, I will get this over with soon.

Concentration used

ID:35170

BD:5+1=6

Rock 37/50 (1 base +3 unarmed equip)

I looked at the rock before striking, the cracks were rather reassuring at my success in breaking it, and made me feel like I was accomplishing something. I drew back, and followed through. But I realized to late I hadn't used my hips, so my hand simply bounced off the rock, the tingling sensation increasing. It felt so weird, it wasn't painful like in the real world of course, but it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I sighed as the hp bar didn't show, nor did the cracks grow. But I needed to keep on keepin on to get this done.

ID:35172

Rock 37/50

Concentration 1st round cd

I drew back to punch again, and when I followed through, I made sure to turn my hips. I even looked to make sure. But my attention was not on where my fist was going and I didn't even hit the rock, and I began falling. I did a flip forwards to catch myself from falling face-first, but was rather disheartened I had missed. The rock was huge so I wasn't even sure how that could happen, but it did. So, I looked at the cracks, which clearly hadn't changed as nothing had happened. And I sighed again at my misfortune.

ID:35173

BD:3

Rock 37/50

Concentration 2nd round on cd

After my sigh I was growing rather angry at the rock, it just wouldn't go out easily would it. In my anger I quickly pulled back and swung, hitting it harder than ever. The bar showed up dropping a nice amount, and the crack grew larger, it was at least 3 times the size of my hand now, and looked like a shattered screen on a phone. It was much more noticeable than before, but sadly the thing still had more than half its health, so I knew this still wasn't close to being over. Not as close as I wanted anyways.

ID:35174

BD:10

Rock 31/50 (1 base +3 unarmed +2 crit)

I drew back to punch again, and when I followed through, I made sure to turn my hips. I even looked to make sure. But my attention was not on where my fist was going and I didn't even hit the rock, and I began falling. I did a flip forwards to catch myself from falling face-first, but was rather disheartened I had missed. The rock was huge so I wasn't even sure how that could happen, but it did. So, I looked at the cracks, which clearly hadn't changed as nothing had happened. And I sighed again at my misfortune.

ID:35270

BD:1

rock 31/50

I looked at the rock before striking, the cracks were rather reassuring at my success in breaking it, and made me feel like I was accomplishing something. I drew back, and followed through. But I realized to late I hadn't used my hips, so my hand simply bounced off the rock, the tingling sensation increasing. It felt so weird, it wasn't painful like in the real world of course, but it was a very uncomfortable feeling. I sighed as the hp bar didn't show, nor did the cracks grow. But I needed to keep on keepin on to get this done.

ID:35271

BD:3

rock 31/50

Concentration 5th round on cd up next turn

I stared at the rock, I needed to block out anything going on around me and CONCENTRATE as hard as I could on the rock to be able to bring it down. I drew back again to strike, and followed through, using my hips for the power. And I hit it, the hp bar showing and it decreasing a little. However my hand had bounced off, so I knew it was a close one. The crack split, so there was now double the cracks cracks, each the size of my hand, showing the progress I was making alongside the dwindling health bar. Soon, I will get this over with soon.

Concentration used

ID:35273

BD:5+1

Rock 27/40

Edited by Astropheric

I drew back to hit the rock again after my short success last time. I followed through and once again the hp bar showed up displaying damage. It didn't go down by a whole lot but it was something. The cracks in the rock also grew, taking over half the area of the rock now, showing I was growing ever closer to destroying the rock. The tingling sensation however was no closer to going away, and it was making every next punch on the rock harder and harder to succeed at, this was not easy.

ID:35725

BD:6

rock 23/50

Edited by Astropheric

I drew back and swung at the rock again, I tried a hook this time, hitting it from the side, and sure enough. The hp bar displayed going down, and a new crack formed on the side of the rock. I wondered if going after the side would be easier as it was a bit smaller, but there was no proof to support that idea, so there was no reason to change what I was doing fully, I could throw a hook every once in a while, if I started to miss to see if I could get back in the grove, but now, no hooks.

ID:35276

BD:7

Rock 19/50

Edited by Astropheric

I drew back to swing at the rock and threw a haymaker, It felt like the one that had the most power out of any of my hits so far, and sure enough the health bar showed that as it decreased a nice chunk as it had done only once before. The cracks also grew, some forking to create newer ones. I breathed in and out deeply. The progress was nice but hand was hurting and this really seemed like forever. But I wanted the skill badly, so it was worth it, I would hit it another 10 times if needed.

ID:35277

BD:10

rock 13/50 (1 base +3 unarmed +2 crit)

I drew back and swung again as I had been normally, nothing special like a haymaker or hook, just a simple jab really. My fist hit directly where the first crack had begun, and the crack split immediately into newer ones, as well as the others growing. Many of the cracks had now reached the edged, showing the signs that the rock was near collapse. The health bar also showed that as it was not at just below a fifth of its normal health. This was fantastic, I was succeeding now, and now even the weird tingling sensation could stop me.

ID:35285

Rock 9/50

4th round concentration is on cd

I drew back and swung at the rock, but as many other times I didn't do damage, my hand simply bounced away and the tingling sensation grew. It was growing close to unbearable, and in the real world im sure I would have broken some fingers by now. But in this game it wasn't a painful feeling, but it was uncomfortable feeling that rose to an extent of pain, imagine your hand just twitching, non stop. That's what it was like. But this rock must leave this world, by my hands. And it will.

ID:35286

BD:5

concentration 5th round on cd, up next turn

ID:35287

rock 9/50

Concentration available

I walked back over to the spot I was hitting from, but not until realizing, surprisingly that the cracks were actually completely through the rock, as in you could see them from the other side. I didn't think the cracks had been so deep, and as I stepped back to my spot, and drew back, following through with my punch, and using my hips. I did so with new hope, that I would indeed bring down this monster, and finish this quest. The hp bar only helped this feeling, as it lowered to only 1/10 of the rocks normal health, and the cracks grew to where I couldn't put my hand on the rock without a crack being underneath.

ID:35288

Rock 5/50

Edited by Astropheric