[SP-F3] The Maze Runner <<Search for the Hoya>>

I was on the third floor for the first time. It wasn't my highest visited floor, my shop was on the 8th afterall, but I had always just skipped over three never bothering with it. But I had heard about the forest of wavering mist and it sounded cool, so I wanted to visit, see what it was like. Boy was that a bad idea. I began to realize this as I heard screams coming from somewhere in the forest, I had my sword drawn and was walking towards the screams, slowly and carefully hoping nothing would pop out. In any case, a mob on this floor would be rather easy to kill anyway, but in this game you learned to never take anything for granted. So I continued walking towards the sounds of the screams that sounded like a girl screaming as if she was dying. My mind began to hate this idea, telling me this was like any scary movie ever and I was going to die if I continued, but my body kept moving on forward, wanting to perhaps save a life.

I was walking through the misty forest to the voice when I saw something rather odd, it looked like a tomb of sorts, ones that would be created for pharaohs in Egypt a couple thousands of years ago, but in a forest, weird. In any case I stepped in and began walking around. As I entered a message popped up QUEST ACCEPTED:SEARCH FOR THE HOYA. Oh great I think to myself, this a quest. This cant be good, at all *sigh* I continue walking around, seeing walls, and walls and after about 30 minutes im lost. And I look back in my memory, and only now did I realize I was in some stupid maze. Great, I hate mazes, I was always good at them, but this one seemed huge, and hard.

I turned a corner, and in front of me was something I only thought existed in fairy tails and video games. Oh yeah..thats right...this is a video game. Well crap, I slowly backed away from the beast that was walking away from me, but somehow, the beast heard me and turned around swiftly. I continued backing away, turning the corner I had come from. The beast was a minotaur, easily three times my size in every way, height, weight, even weapon size, that axe would rip me apart more than likely, and I did not want to find. I turned around to run only to be met by walls. "Those had not been there a second ago" And then it hit, the reason I was getting so lost was I couldn't backtrack. Only now did I notice it, but the maze was shifting so if I messed, I couldn't go back and in time, trace the map itself to get out. Great, and this minotaur was just turning the corner.

Gear- Shadows servant +3 dmg             Shadows cloak +3 eva          strong plushie +2ld            1 healing potion (20)

As the minotaur turned the corner its eyes fell on me, and mine on him. He charged quickly swing his axe wide, and it was fast. I tried jumping but he angled the axe up catching me mid air, a huge red gash appearing in my side as I was thrown into the wall with his axe still pushing into me. I could see my health draining as I kicked the handle of the axe, the axe coming out of my body and me falling to the ground. As the minotaur was trying the get his axe I had just kicked back under control I dashed in initiating a new sword art I gained vertical art. I slashed twice making a v on the huge minotaur's chest and watched him stumble backwards as his health dropped to below half. Can deal, but not take I thought looking at my health which was at about a 1/4

----ID:35451----BD:8----MD:10----

----ENE 8/12----Sword art-Vertical art----

----Astropheric 33/44 (24+2-15=11)----Minotaur 21/45 (6 base*4=24)----

In the minotaur's stumble I concentrated hard, waiting for just the moment as he was regaining himself, to when hed be just about balanced again. And the moment soon came, and I dashed forward jumping into the minotaur, he saw me and swung his axe wildly, being off-balance. I dodged it easily and came into him with my sword art, once again making a V on his chest as he was falling. I landed on top of him as his body fell, hitting the ground and bursting into polygons, me landing where his body just had been. I looked at the loot screen smiling before swiping it away and continuing my hunt.

----ID:35452----BD:5+1=6----MD:7-3-1=3---- Concentration used

----ENE 5/12 (1regen,4art)----Sword art-Vertical art----

----Astropheric 33/44 (24+2-15=11)----Minotaur -3/45 (6 base*4=24)----

----LD:19+2=21---- 45*5= 225 col  2Mats

1 post oob

37/44hp  6/12 ENE

After swiping away my loot screen I walked past where the minotaur had just been. I figured if he was he, guarding this way then it must be the way I needed to go, it only made sense I would be attacked when I was growing closer. I went straight past three turns before turning right, and then left and then left again and going straight. I kept doing this for awhile with no exact purpose on where I was trying to go aside from towards this sound, the screaming was still continuing, but it had quieted and sounded like it was in my head, not in the tomb.

Edited by Astropheric

2 posts oob

40/44HP 7/12ENE

As I continued my truck through the maze I heard one word, and then the screams stop. Pendant, I knew the word it was a sort of jewelry like a necklace and I knew it wasn't a word commonly used anymore. But it must have been the point in me coming down here and going through the maze, the screams weren't screams of pain but just a way to get me down here to come find this pendant. I wasn't mad or anything as it was a quest that held a reward more likely, I may even be able to keep whatever this pendant was, but hopefully some experience as well.

Edited by Astropheric

3 posts oob

43/44HP 12/12ENE REFILLED*

I wondered, back in my experience with mazes, when a reward such as a pendant was in the equation it always seemed to be in the middle. That made me want to go to the middle, and all though I had no clue where that was at the moment, it was a place to start, if I could find a wall, or even better a corner or of course the middle, then I would be able to make it there with intuition. I had been wondering for a while, so I knew the maze was rather large and it wouldn't be easy but I figured it could be done.

44/44HP

I turned a corner, and I saw it again, the thing that I only ever saw in dreams or movies. A freaking minotaur, again the hulking monster was standing there walking back and forth. Its large axe was resting on its shoulder as it did so. I knew from before that I could take it on rather easily and kill it, the question was whether or not this meant I was close. The last time it had seemed like I was which was amazing, until I walked around for another hour and never found anything hinting I was getting any close.

----ID:35632----BD:3----MD:7-3=4---- 5th of concentration on cd up next

----ENE 10/12 (2miss)----

----Astropheric 44/44----Minotaur 45/45----

I charged at the minotaur while its back was turned away, jumping hoping to catch in his big neck, but he must have known somehow as he turned, his axe swing straight at me mid-air, I was only lucky he missed by a hair as I contorted my body, I could not keep up with my strike as I landed on him I simply pushed back, kicking off of him and away so that I could create some distance, and now the big beast was huffing and puffing as he walked towards me, waiting to be able to chop my head off im sure.

----ID:35633----BD:9----MD:5-3=2----

----ENE 7/12 (1 regen, 4 art)----Vertical arc 1*4

----Astropheric 44/44----Minotaur 17/45 (6 base+1 crit *4=28)----

The beast finally charged me, swinging wide again like his old friend, I jumped back but he used the momentum to spin around bringing the axe upwards, by the time he was facing me the axe was coming down from above like an executioner. I jumped to the side and charged in like I did before, jumping at his neck he was now wide open and I unleashed my art vertical arc, slashing him twice in the neck seeing a critical hit as his health depleted way below half I was happy at my damage and quickly retreated as he had his axe now back on his shoulder, fire burning in its eyes.

----ID:35634----BD:8----MD:5-3=2----

----ENE 4/12 (1regen,4art)----Sword art-Vertical arc----

----Astropheric 44/44----Minotaur -7/45 (6 base*4=24)----

----LD:17+2=19---- 45*5= 225 col  2Mats

I charged the beast this time, but not jumping, he swung at a downward angle at me going right, I dodged left going under the axe. The beast was now backing up as if it was scared, and it should have been. It backing up gave it one more chance, its swinging again downward angle going left. This time I jumped, landing on the head of the axe I pushed off, into the beast chest using my sword art again to finish the poor beast. I dropped down as it exploded before looking at my loot screen, once again nice loot which was great.

1 post oob

5/12 ENE

I looked around after I killed the minotaur that had just been in my way again, but as I saw where the minotaur was walking back and forth before, were just walls. now there was a new opening. I looked around making sure there were no other beasts before walking towards the new space that had formed. I was careful as I didn't know if it'd be a trap as that would be rather unfortunate but I needed to find a way out as well as finding this pendant which I would do so as I wanted to finish this quest.

2 posts oob

6/12 ENE

I walked into the space after looking around to make sure that in the new space was nothing that could destroy me, luckily it seemed like that was not here. I looked around and on the opposite side of the new found room was a set of stairs leading down. I wondered what they led to and of course this was an rpg so I needed to find out as it was this game, even though it was a death game. It was also the best chance I had at this moment to get out of this tomb that seemed to be one huge maze that was a death trap.

3 posts oob

12/12 ENE

I went down the stairs which were filled with grime and mold and rather disgusting but I didn't it none the less. After about 5 steps a wall appeared behind me closing me off from where I had been, I was worried but I figured id be alright I had to kill something to get here anyway so it made sense and I figured it was just the walls appearing again and most likely the minotaur respawning. The stairs area had become dark as the light from the maze was no longer supporting the area, but I continued down hoping I would be able to see soon again.

After making it down the stairs I started to be able to see a hint of light, a good sign I hoped as it may have led to the outside and my escape hopefully. I reached the area where the light was and the stairs had ended. I looked around the room and it was as big as a normal bedroom but was empty aside from one thing. This one thing was a pure gold, a stump on it holding a pendant. I walked up picking up the pendant and holding it in my hands. It was silver with a sapphire gem in the middle that shone like the sea when the sun hit it just right, it was beautiful. As I put it in my inventory a message popped up QUEST COMPLETED.

So the pendant was the way to complete the quest after all, and I didn't even have to give it up so that was amazing in its own right, and I was just wondering if the escape was nearby so that I could return back to civilization, so I decided to just keep walking away, and the light from the torches that had been in the room were dimming, but revealing a new light, like the one that lit the dim forest I had been in before the quest, the one of the third floor, and my savior. But there was one thing standing in my way...Another beast.

----ID:35636----BD:4----MD:3-3=0----

----ENE 10/12 (2miss)----

----Astropheric 44/44----Minotaur 45/45----

The beast was facing right at me, and the next thing that happened was immensely scary. "Hello weakling human, I see you have taken my pendant. You must return it now or face your demise" It said to me in a deep rumbling voice, it was definitely nothing I had expected, no mob had ever talked before so that was disheartening. "Yeah, I cant do that lets just get this over" I reply in my cold tone. "Your fate has been sealed" And then he charged me, swinging wide like the other minotaur's missing as I roll backwards under the axe and away from him.

----ID:35637----BD:6----MD:1-3=-2------

----ENE 7/12 (1 regen 4art)----Sword art-Vertical art----

----Astropheric 44/44----Minotaur 21/45 (6 base*4=24)----

The minotaur kept up its attack swinging the axe over head twice, I dodged them both easily, and his third strike was a wide one again, and this time I ran towards him with his swing incoming, I blocked the strike, pushing it away somehow being stronger than the beast. I ran straight at him jumping into his chest slashing a v into it as I saw its health decrease I fell back to the ground. "You still have a chance to let me leave" I say to the beast. He just huffs and does not respond. I go back into my lazy stance " Fine, your funeral then"

----ID:35638----BD:6----MD:5-3=2------

----ENE 4/12 (1 regen 4art)----Sword art-Vertical arc----

----Astropheric 44/44----Minotaur -3/45 (6 base*4=24)----

----LD:2+2=4--- +1 mat

I charged the minotaur this time, but for the first time the minotaur tried to charge me, with its horn. And it was the stupidest thing it could have done. I jumped over him now behind him I slashed at his back twice for free making a v. As the V disappeared so did the body of the minotaur in front of me, I was happy it was over, and the exit was now free of anything and I could escape. I was however discouraged I had gotten no loot aside from a mat from the final minotaur but whatever, I had my freedom and I could return home.

I left the tomb, entering the forest again I once again heard the scream. But I ignored them, I needed to return to the city and sleep for the night. I looked up into the sky and it was indeed dark, it was hard to tell as the trees covered the sky, but the lighting in the forest gave it away. I looked around checking for any minotaur's as I left the tomb and walked. I had no clue where I was as the place I left the tomb, was not the place I had entered. Luckily however I had a map and when I pulled it up I found that I needed to head southwest and so I began, to walk that way, back to town and back to a bed I could sleep in for the night to forget about today, not because of the beasts but because OF THAT STUPID MAZE.