[PP-F4] Icy Like Ice Cream (Koumori, Zelrius, Kasier)

Cold snow fell from the night sky as Helios strolled through Snowfrost Town. He had been on the fourth floor for a good amount of time and decided it was almost time for a change of scenery. Putting his hands in the pockets of his grey pants, the man smiled lightly, watching the snowflakes slowly land on the wet snow beneath him. The young male listened to the crunching sound of the snow and let out a sigh. Looking out toward the bright stars, he felt calm, as he always did when he was in this quiet town. The noirette casually wandered over to a medium sized wooden bench. He yawned as he took a seat on the comfy looking object. Helios gave an averaged size tree on the outside of town a glare and picked up a handful of snow. Carefully, he packed it into a ball and grinned, launching it towards the large plant. Unfortunately, the snowball flew way off of his target, making the teenager sigh. Quickly, a small squirrel climbed up the bench and over him, scaring him half to death. "Jeez, don't scare people like that." he muttered, laughing slightly.

Edited by Helios

The snowy scenery of the fourth floor had definitely found a place in my memories. Not because of the snow but because of what I've done here. I've spent time here with some of my closest companions in this game and all that time was precious. Well, except for that incident on the lake but I don't like to talk about that. Anyway, I still like to come to the fourth floor every so often just to see what's up. So today I was walking along the streets, secretly hoping I would bump into Shirosu. I trudged passed a clearing in the buildings and saw a young player sitting on a bench I watched as he made himself a snowball and threw it at a nearby tree. When I saw that he missed I began walking closer but I stopped right behind him when he yelled about being snuck up on. I was surprised that he heard me so quickly. But he never turned around to look my way, instead he looked at a squirrel. Hmm, so that's what he heard. Knowing that a smile crept on my face. I could never miss a chance for a joke. I leaned forward and put my face right behind his and said "Sorry I didn't mean to" I wondered if I would surprise him that easily. I thought I had a good chance. 

The voice behind him made Helios jump out of his comfy seat immediately. His "holy cow, why would you do that!" expression quickly changed to a more calm one. He let out a chuckle as he pulled down his scarf to talk to the man who had obviously tried to give him a heart attack. "If you can kill people in real life by scaring them here, then you nearly did it. I'm Helios." he told the male, shooting him a peace sign. The young swordsman sat back down on the wooden bench, that had once again become cold and uncomfortable, and nudged his new acquaintance to take a seat beside him. Leaning back, Helios laughed slightly. "So, you play pranks on people often?" he questioned with a grin. 

The guy leaped out of his seat and spun around with a look of absolute terror on his face. I'm serious. He looked like he saw death itself. I let out a laugh as the player made an effort to compose himself, his breathing ever so slightly returning to normal. I was just able to collect myself when he lowered his scarf to speak. He seemed to come completely around and greeted me with his name. It was good to see that he was good natured as well. Some people would've been pissed at me for what I did. "Really? I guess I picked the wrong job then. Instead of being teenage boy trapped in a virtual reality video game I shoulda been a mob intimidator." He plopped back down in his seat and gestured for me to sit as well. What was the harm? I placed my hand on the back rest and vaulted over the bench, landing perfectly in the seat. I turned to the player to return his greeting. "I'm Koumori." When he asked me if I played pranks often a smiled wide. "Whenever the opportunity presents itself. You're lucky though, if my joke partner were here you'd actually be dead."

With Helios' luck, he'd probably end up dying by the hand of a joke. Pranks, the deadliest weapons. He chuckled at the thought. "So, what are you doing on the fourth floor, other than scaring people?" he asked, laughing a little. The boy was aware that a lot of people hated the snow on the fourth floor, so he was curious to learn what it was Koumori was doing in the area that Helios considered to be quite beautiful. His hands quickly started to become cold again, so he inserted them back into his pockets. I knew I should've invested in gloves. Maybe i'll become a tailor and sell mittens to the world. the young fellow thought. Helios didn't own any warm clothing, so he often wore his usual outfit, which consisted of a typical school-like uniform. The only winter clothes he had were a pair of black boots and a scarf. The brown-haired boy sitting next to him was clearly a higher level than Helios, although not by much, and it was safe to assume he new how to swing a sword around. "Hey, so I was planning on doing some grinding before I leave this floor. Want to come with me?" he offered his newly met friend.

Helios seemed distressed at my comment about dying by the hand of one of my jokes. That would certainly be an interesting death that's for sure. In any case he laughed it off and asked what I was doing there. Without thinking of a real response I looked him dead and the eye and threw on a totally straight faced expression. "No, I'm just here to scare people." I cracked a smile and continued to give him an answer that wasn't loaded with sarcasm. "Just visiting. I've had a lot of fun times up her so I wanted to reminisce." That's right, like I was thinking to myself earlier, I was there to remember the good times of the past few months. All the snowballs, and snowmen, snowball fights, and...kisses. That last one was pretty awkward even then so I try to forget about it. But I always wonder what happened to Starrine, I hadn't seen her since then. The sight of the player next to me readjusting himself brought me out of my reflection and made me realize just how cold it was. I wasn't wearing gloves either so my hands were pretty cold but I did have a scarf so I readjusted that to better cover my face. Other than that there wasn't much I could do, what I was wearing was pretty much all the clothing I had. It worked in pretty much any environment so I was fine for it but I began having a want for mittens. In this weather mittens would be great. I wondered if anyone sold good ones. I'd have to check when I got back to the first floor. Helios broke the silence by asking me if I wanted to go grinding with him. Grinding wasn't my favorite thing but I had been doing a lot of it recently so why turn it down now. He seemed like he'd be pretty good with a sword so we should've have any problems. I nodded. "Alright, but you have to promise I won't get any snow in pants. It's cold and wet, and it gets everywhere."

"If you don't get snow in your pants, then I don't see the point." Helios stated as he stood up and stretched. He equipped his scimitar and rested it on his shoulder. His blade wasn't a nice one. It was the sort of weapon you'd get at the beginning of an MMO. The one you want to get rid off as soon as possible. For some reason, the tall boy wasn't quite ready to give this sword up though. "Alright, let's go!" the man exclaimed, walking towards the town's exit. It had been a long time since he'd fought anything. He spent a lot of his time relaxing on different floors. It seemed like it had been years since he'd even held a sword. It's funny because SAO is a game filled with weapons. It clicked in his mind that Helios hadn't sent a party request to Koumori. Opening up the invitation, the lad smiled as he looked over to the guy next to him. "I used to hunt monsters here a while back, so I know of a few spots we can go to. I'll take you to an area where you will definitely get snow in your pants." he laughed. Helios was intrigued to see how this strange man fought. Honestly, the noirette hoped his partner would swing his blade around aimlessly. He hadn't seen anything that entertaining in a long time. Not since... Actually we won't talk about that party he was with. Nonetheless, that was an interesting group of noobs. Unskilled, yet hilarious to watch. Anyway, Helios was taking Koumori to his favorite hunting ground on the entire fourth floor. He called it... Helios' Cool Hunting Spot That Other People Probably Know About! Yes, I know what you might be thinking. A legendary name for a legendary person.

Edited by Helios

(Sorry for the short post, I'm super tired)

"Ugh, you're one of those" I said in response to his joke. I didn't actually mind the snow but I had to follow through with my joke. Helios stood up and stretched out before equipping his weapon. The weapon he had wasn't very impressive, it looked like it could be a started weapon. I couldn't be sure but I knew my own sword was at least better. It was a perfect after all and gave me a nice damage boost. I stood up too and pulled my hood up over my head. The hood was mainly for show and I rarely used it but it came in handy when I was on this floor before. When he saw that I looked ready he started walking off in whatever direction was out of there. As we walked a notification suddenly appeared before me: a party invite. I accepted it even though I didn't think it was entirely necessary. "I've never gone hunting here so I'm counting on you to lead the way." I wondered where he would take me. He talked liked he knew a pretty great spot so my expectations were high. 

The two boys arrived at their destination. The great hunting spot Helios talked so highly about. Actually, it was a pretty average spot. The party stood on a hill, high enough for them to see all of the monsters beneath them. "Well, let's get going." he said, starting to slide down the mound of snow. This was the only reason he loved that hunting spot specifically. He could slide down all of the hills. "I should bring a sled up here sometime." he chuckled. As they reach the bottom of the hill, the teenager spotted a monster that he felt the duo could easily handle. It looked like a polar bear on it's hind legs, although it was a lot bigger. Helios drew his sword from it's sheath and pointed it at the beast. "Ladies first." he smirked at the boy. The cold wind brushed across the young man's face as he waited for Koumori to make his move. This'll be interesting to watch for sure. he thought, examining both his opponent and his partner. The boy Helios had partied with easily had a better weapon then he did, so he didn't see what could go wrong.

Polar Bear: 22/22
12 DMG
5 MIT

(I'm not caught up on these new rules, so I think I did that right? I don't know, it looks a lot tougher than it used to haha.)

I followed Helios and we ended up standing on a large hill, looking at an expanse of enemies below us. Gotta say, the polar bear motif, not very scary. He excitedly ran down the hill yelling that he wished he had a sled. That didn't sound like a half bad idea. I hadn't been sledding in awhile. "If you ever do let me know." When we got down to the ground he picked out one of the large bears and marked it as our pray. I scowled when he said ladies first and gestured to me to go. I smiled as I got ready to move. "Just because I'm prettier than you doesn't mean you have to be upset about it." As soon as I finished speaking I was gone. I rocketed towards the polar bear and leaped high into the air. I held my sword behind me and activated the skill <Vertical Arc> as I came down on the creature. My blade carved into it from its shoulder and across its chest. When I landed I did a quick spin and made another slice starting at the other shoulder. My move finished, I jumped up and kicked off the beast's face before it burst into a flash of green pixels. I landed and turned back to Helios. "I think I might've overdid it."

ID: 36086

BD: 10+1=11 (5base+2critx4=28-5=23)

MD=2-4=-2

LD:13 (22x5=110 Col and 1 mat)

Koumori 44/44

Helios ??/??

Polar Bear -1/22 MANY DEADS

Energy 7/11

Poof! The bear exploded into a billion tiny green shards. Helios stared at Koumori with his mouth wide open. "Uh, maybe a little bit." he chuckled. He knew he couldn't do much with the stupid scimitar he had. It was definitely time to get a new weapon soon. He looked toward another mob, that was glaring at him with it's dark red eyes. He sighed before lunging toward the beast, attempting a <Reaver>. Of course, Helios was the most unlucky player in SAO. The teenager tripped over a log that was buried in the snow and face planted in front of his opponent. "Well, better start planning my funeral." he muttered as the polar bear looked down at him with an angry expression. It pulled back one of it's leg, getting ready to kick Helios, and launched him back to where he was before. The noirette raised a thumbs up, signifying he was okay and Koumari should annihilate the monster. He rolled onto his back and sat up to watch his friend's attack. It's not like it could be any better than his own though. After all, Helios was the greatest swordsman in all of Aincrad!

ID: 36107
BD: 3+1=4(Miss)
MD: 7(Hit)

Helios: 20/32
Koumori: 44/44
Polar Bear: 22/22
12 DMG & 5 MIT

Energy: 6/8

Edited by Helios

(Honestly I'm on a roll today)

I watched in surprise as Helios made a surprise trip to the ground thanks to an unfortunately placed log and got punted by his quadrupedal target. He landed in the snow in front of me, which was so deep that the only part of him I saw was the thumbs up he was giving me. I laughed at what I saw before I went to get payback for him. "I'll be right back." I ran towards the beast, being careful to not hit the log, and activated <Horizontal Square>, which had to be the worst skill name by the way, and launched my attack on the bear. With lighting speed I traced an X on the animals torso and finished him off in another single blow. I twirled my sword in my hand before putting it back in its sheath. I turned around and walked back over to Helios and reached out my hand to help him up. "Must be having an unlucky day."

ID: 36113

BD: 10 (let's go!)

LD: 8 (+1 Mat)

Koumori 44/44

Helios 20/32

Polar Bear 0/22 SUPER NOT ALIVE

Energy 1/11

Total Rewards: +110 Col +2 Materials

"No, this is my luck all of the time." he laughed, grabbing Koumori's hand and pulling himself up out of the snow. Just as Helios expected, the bear was dead. It was seriously time for him to get a new weapon. Compared to the boy standing in front of him, he couldn't do anything! It also helped that he was a higher level, had more skills, and you know, was just better all around. Of course, Helios would never admit defeat! "I've got it this time." he grinned as he pulled back his scimitar and rushed towards his next enemy. Once again, it was a polar bear, since that was all there really was in that area of the fourth floor. Unlike the last one, however, this one had a little bit more health. The young man didn't mind though, since Koumori could easily use his "hacks" to eliminate it. Swiftly, he leaps into the air and slams his sword down on his opponent, activating <Fell Crescent>. It obviously became quite angry, since it began to roar and flail it's arms about, nearly hitting Helios a few times. "Woah, calm down!" he exclaimed as he dodged a punch from the polar bear and moved back to his partner. Unfortunately for Helios, the enemy's mitigation was too high for him to do much damage. He laughed sarcastically and dropped back into the snow, waiting for Koumori to make a move.

ID: 36117
BD: 5+2=7 (Hit)
MD: 5 (Miss)

Helios: 20/32
Polar Bear: 25/26

Energy: 5/8

Edited by Helios

I felt bad for Helios if this really was his luck all the time. I helped him up and he went right back on the attack. Dedication I'd give him that. This time he was able to land a hit on the bear but his attack was so week it bearly did any damage. He dodged some wild swings from the creature and hopped back out of its reach before waiting for me to take a go. I started to run towards the creature but instead of stepping on snow I stepped on a sheet of ice. My foot slide right out from under me and I landed flat on my butt. I even slid a few feet forwards before coming to a stop. Instead of trying to get up I let my head hit the ground and sighed. "I think touching you transferred your garbage luck to me. Take it back I don't want it." I said as I extended my hand. 

ID: 36244

BD: 2

Koumori 44/44

Helios 20/32

Polar Bear 25/26

Energy 0/11

"It's not like I want it!" he exclaimed, helping Koumori up. He got ready to strike the bear with another dreadfully weak slash. He sprinted towards his enemy and swung his curved sword, barely missing his target. If only he was a few inches closer, he would have landed the hit perfectly. His attempt at hurting the polar bear just made it angrier. It roared a mighty roar and charged Helios, swatting him out of the way. The black-haired young man flew through the air and landed in the snow once more. "This is getting painfully annoying. Use your magical powers and kill it." he insisted, chuckling slightly. He was beginning to become just a tad annoyed at the beast and was ready to quit fighting it. He lifted himself off of the cold ground and walked over to the spot where his sword had landed. Picking it up, he noticed how low his health had gotten. "Well, this'll be fun." he sighed.

ID: 36270
BD: 3+2=5 (Miss)
MD: 10 (Crit +2)

Helios: 6/32
Polar Bear: 25/26

Energy: 3/8

Edited by Helios

Zelrius was wandering around in the Floor of 4, for no reason in particular. He hated this floor with a burning passion and even more so then simply it being cold. Many players inhabited the floor, and most of which clung to it's Snowfrost town. Zelrius was already painfully annoyed by the players and most of their idiocy's, Having them all in one spot didn't make it much better. His cloak blew gently in the wind, raisnig and revealing his left arm as it flapped, of which it normally covered. Each step the boy took made the golden and white sheath on his right hip bounce ever so gently. Around the boy's neck lay two pendants. One glowing, showing that it was the activated item, a circular object, with a Light blue background and the image of the Azure Brigade's logo on it. And next to it jingled a same Azure Logo, except carved to be the entire pendant and had the words of the afore mentioned guild across the center of it. His head was covered by the skull of the Hydra, and in the distance, the boy recognized a frined ofhis, Helios. Standing by Helios appeared to be another player and a rather low HP mob. The boy drew his sword, smirking, and charging forth to steal the kill and say hello to one of the few people he called friend.

ID 36275 BD 8 MD 9 (7 Dmaage + 6 Holy = 13 +5 Charge = 18*11 (Used My strongest skill, Cuz why not) = 198. Damage)

No Loot, Not enough HP

Zelrius 145/145

Helios: 6/32
Polar Bear: HE"S DEAD MOTHER TRUCKER.

14/35 Energy

"Well I sure as heck don't want it" I said as he helped me up. When I was on my feet he ran towards the bear once more. Like earlier, his attack missed and the bear sent him flying into the snow. He got up and told me to use my magic and kill it. "I wish I could but-" then I noticed his health. He was practically dead. At this point the only thing I could do was take the blows while he tried to escape. After all I had no energy. This was going to get hairy. "Listen, you're gonna ha-" I was interrupted when I felt something blow past me. I looked back to beat to see it exploding into shards of nothing. In the debris I saw a figure that I didn't recognize, but definitely someone oh a much higher level. "Oh" was all I got out of my mouth. I was certainly surprised he showed up but I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I wanted to handle the situation myself but he certainly did save us a lot of trouble. Why did he come and help us?

Helios was confused as he watched the monster shatter into green shards. A golden-haired man stood there, sword in hand. "Zelrius? What are you doing on the fourth floor?" he questioned. The high level player easily one hit the bear and made the other two boys look like complete noobs. He stood up, sticking his scimitar inside it's sheath and grinning. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" he leaned his curved sword against his shoulder and walked toward his old friend and former guild leader. The boy rapped his scarf around his neck once again and put his hand in his pocket. Since he wasn't sure if they had met before, Helios decided it would be polite to introduce them to each other. "Koumori", he started, "this is Zelrius. And Zel, this is Koumori. We met 5 minutes ago." he chuckled. Examining his friend's attire, the young man decided it was time to step his up as well. His equipment was... let's just say it wasn't great. In fact, it wasn't even okay.  Almost time to hit the shops. he thought.

• 8 months later...

Kasier walked silently on the outskirts of the fourth floor. She was within the safe zone and it was way too cold for her to go anywhere. This weather was absolutely horrible and she couldn't wait to go back done to the first floor where it was warm and peaceful and the sun watched the world while exposing its hot, beautiful rays. As she walked through the safe zone of the fourth floor, she shivered, feeling the lack of clothing that she was currently wearing. She had heard that this floor was absolutely beautiful but from what she could tell right now, it was just extremely cold beyond doubt. With a cold sigh, she breathed out air that was immediately frozen by the atmosphere. The conditions were absolutely terrible... There was no doubt about it. Her eyes switched from the snow-filled ground to the weirdly structured ground. With her eyes fixed on the outskirts of the fourth floor, she saw three figures in the distance. It seemed like two of them had already walked away. One walked away with utmost frustration while the other one walked away with extreme arrogance. However, there was one person that she couldn't exactly make out in the whiteness of the snow. He looked rather familiar but she just walked away. Indeed, she had had enough of this floor for now... It was too cold for her vulnerable skin and she couldn't wait to get back to the familiar warmth that she was so used to.

Helios turned away from the two players, who had begun to walk away from each other, and continued onward towards the safezone. After Zelrius stole the brown-haired man's kill, it seemed he had become a bit annoyed, causing him to storm off. Zelrius left as well, without a word or anything. Just his arrogant grin plastered to his face as he left the area quietly. The noirette wasn't sure his friend had come in to save him, or simply take the kill. It was most likely a bit of both. Helios could see the blonde's flaws were nearly endless, however he believed the man had good intentions. He just hoped that his cocky attitude didn't get him killed in the future. He was a powerful ally to have and someone he was glad Helios was glad he knew.