[PP-F6] [[COMPLETED]] Hunting Grounds (Manta Gaul)

"Even better. We can take them." I said with a laugh when she pointed out that I was being an idiot. It was kinda funny how Manta and I had become like this, especially in such a short time. I had plenty of acquaintances before but I kinda dropped off the planet for a month or so and I haven't heard from any of them since. Even Glory. I was alone like I had been when I first started this game. But meeting Manta not only got me out of my funk but also kicked me in gear. I've been gaining levels like never before and it was all thanks to our friendly rivalry. I wondered if she felt the same way. She was certainly competitive and she's been gaining levels at the same pace so it was probably true. I also went back to wondering if she had become happier. She was cold when I met her and she didn't display that very much anymore. It seemed like a pretty big change. Good for her, move away from that dark past. Speaking of past, I should reach out to everyone again. I haven't been on any joke sprees in awhile. I was brought back when Manta said something about getting a house. "Yeah, maybe we will." We say there and stared before she answered my question. "You could be right. I never really took any time to just look out at everything. Maybe I should do that when I get back." Maybe I'd give video games a rest. This was certainly an experience that might spoil the whole genre for me. 

Manta raised an eyebrow at Koumoris response to her mentioning possibly getting a house. Maybe he had just meant I, and said we instead. She decided to ignore it, and moved on. "I never really got out much in real life. I have a sense of freedom here, that I never had before. Still, things happened that have made me doubt whether or not this is better than the real world." She said, turning the conversation in a more serious, personal direction. She did want to talk about it, but at the same time she didnt. It was a strange feeling, so instead of continueing she stood up and dramatically gestured into the distance. "Onwards!"

Energy: 13/13 (3 turns have passed, all energy restored)

(I'm just gonna do another none combat post so I can nab that energy so don't mind me...)

"Yeah me neither. I stayed by myself a lot and when you stay by yourself you rarely go out anywhere." I said straightly. I wasn't really the kind of person that didn't do anything but I would never ask myself since my preference was to be by myself. I never really experienced the outside world that much. Wasn't really a bad thing I thought, just a different approach. "I don't know. But in the real world you're unlikely to get slain by a horrible monster so it's got that going for it." Manta became impatient with sitting and popped up ready to go. I got up from my seat and followed her lead. We went only a few minutes before we heard more rustling ahead of us. Sure enough it was another Minotaur. "Alright you're up, knock em dead"

Energy 11/11

Manta nodded. She had been like that too in the real world, although not of her own free will.  "And I think that this place might actually be safer. The real world just hides it's monsters extremely well, which makes them more dangerous." Manta unsheathed her sword again as they heard more movement ahead. She held her sword out and activated her most powerful sword skill again, <<Bear Knock>>. She chained 4 murder strokes, reducing the enemies health down to the red before jumping back. "Switch!"

ID# 36137 results:

Battle: 9 Crit hit (1 base damage +3 (enhancements)+2 (sword skill level)+1 (concentration)+1 (critical hit)= 8) Total damage: 8x4= 32 DMG (-7 damage mit)= 25 DMG

Craft: 10

Loot: 17

MOB: 3

Manta: 52/52

Koumori: 44/44

Minotaur: 1/26 (-25)

Energy: 9/13

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta leaped into action and hit the beast with her most powerful attack. She battered it with a flurry of strikes then backed of to allow room for me to finish the job. I tightened my grip on my blade and made my way to my target. I went for my signature move and jumped in the air, but I massively miscalculated. I jumped way too high and ended up flying over the minotaurs head. I tried to swing my arms to spin myself around to attack him from behind but to no avail. I ended up landing hard on my butt on the ground. I quickly jumped up and began hopping up and down while holding the "effected area". "Ow ow ow. Switch. Ow ow."

ID: 36517

BD: 3 (messing up on the big finale)

Koumori 44/44

Manta 52/52

Minotaur 2/26

Energy 9/11

Manta attempted to ignore Koumori's dancing, but it was just too distracting. She charged forwards, towards the monster, half of her attention on him, and the other half on the monster. Meaning that no attention was on her feet or where she was placing them. Her foot caught on a rock (again), and sh fell over face first, the minotaurs sword flying right over her and missing her completely. Meanwhile she was getting a strong feeling of deja-vu.

ID# 36158 results:

Battle: 4 Miss

Craft: 1

Loot: 2

MOB: 8 (-4)=4  Miss

I had gotten my act together pretty quickly and was already raising my sword to attack the thing from behind when I saw Manta. She was more than a little distracted by my ballerina act and didn't focus enough on her attack. She made the wrong step and ended up jamming her foot on a rock. I watched as she repeated her earlier mistake and landed face first on the ground. I let out a laugh at the sight and momentarily lost track of my sword. When I looked up from my laugher I saw my blade sticking out of the back of the Minotaur. He let out a loud squeel before bursting into oblivion, leaving my sword to clatter to the ground. I regained my composure and looked at the sword in confusion. "Well...that's one way to do it."

ID: 36160

BD: 5+1=6

LD: 6 (+1 Mat)

Enemies incapable of life functions

Manta got back up onto her feet, her sword still in hand. Her falling was all Koumori's fault,but she felt her falling had been worth it to see Koumori's little performance. Plus, her blunder hadn't cost them anything, so everything was fine. "I think that's enough for today. I have some crafting to do in my shop, and I kind of did leave without letting anyone know where I was going or when I'd be back." She confessed. If he agreed she would walk back to the teleporter with him, say good bye and then run off to take care of her shop.

...so that's exactly what we did. I agreed that it was time for us to wrap up so we walked back to the teleporter together before saying goodbyes and going our separate ways. All in all it was a successful trip. We had gotten some col and materials so it worked out in the end. Plus we got to know each other a little better. 

COMPLETE

Koumori +330 Col +2 Mats +1 SP

Manta +330 Col +2 Mats +1 SP

Edited by Koumori