Greetings From a Travelling Storyteller (Updated)

Greeting and salutations... it has been a while since I have made one of this.

I admit, I felt a little silly joining a community I can't yet consider myself a part of though now that I had learned more I am actually excited to be here. I have watched the first 25 episodes of SAO and halfway through first volume of the light novel. I started looking into the series because of it being mentioned by a friend online. Yet there must always be a starting point, the first step in the journey and adventure as it were... which is why I am here. I ask that you bear with me, as I learn more about SAO and if I get the chance read the manga, as well as read through the rules.

I am a bookworm, one who enjoys reading and writing, and one who normally shows this with a love of roleplaying. It is a medium I feel most comfortable with, though I do have a book I wish to write along with fanfictions. The first would be something of a historical fantasy, an ageless traveler and storyteller gifted in illusions and as a musician, a bard for all intents as he would be considered in the roleplaying and gaming world most often. Fanfictions are story ideas taken from the series I have read and watched, yet I haven't written them down and shown them to others.

Yet common to roleplays and stories is a character like that of my first, one that I have adopted and refavored in all sorts of settings whenever I can, since a charmer and illusionist is a role I pride myself in being able to play. Friendly, charming, and intelligent, yet also sometimes reckless or manipulative, and often overconfident... I roleplay such a role because I do not often have such confidence and certainty of self in real life. Social situations are also not certain, especially since I happen to have Aspurgers, which can be frustrating at times. Expressing my emotions, and understanding those of others be somewhat more difficult for myself then it would be for others.

Perhaps I will excel is such a role and character here, or perhaps I will taken on another... lets just wait and see. Laughs, I may need to first learn and understand the world of SAO before I can really dive deep into the setting and adventure.

For SAO, I think I will go with a fencer style fighter with a sword art skill 'Misdirection' if such could be allowed.

Edited by TravelingScholar