(PP-F1) Is it fate? (Shizuka, Ryuma) [Completed]

Ryuma had decided that for now, it would be best to try and clear more land. The better he ended up knowing this place, the easier it would be for him to have the upper hand in a fight against an npc. He had currently been relaxing in the lush green grass that covered the fields outside of starting city. There had been several boars around the area, but they weren't going to just attack him for no reason. The sun had been setting, leaving the sky and a marvelous orange tone.

He had been staring into the sky with a smile on his face. He loved when he was able to just relax and take in the scenery. It was just one of the many reasons why he didn't want to end up going back to the real world. "It is so beautiful outside. I wish I could see this marvelous sight for the rest of my lifetime." 

Edited by Ryuma_

Shizuka clinched her fist in anxiety and hesitation. Yesterday she decided that today was going to be the day in which she exits the safe zone that has provided her with safety and shelter since the start of the game. Don't let your dreams be dreams. She remembered a quote from a while back that was used for internet memes and used by her personally as an inspiration sometimes when she's in need of one. Until recent date, she had spent much of her time cowering in a dark valley in fear of coming out but those times were passed and she's back to her own, old self... The one that she loves. She stared at the end of the starting town in determination before taking a step out or the border. I must remember that there are dangerous things and dangerous people out there. However, as she walked and walked away from the starting city, her curiosity soon got the better of her and thus, she became quite uncautious and her free roam across the plains has begun. As she looked around in curiosity and excitement, she began to study the environment outside of the safe zone. Trees, oak trees, birch trees, trees of many colors and characteristics were very common and that was the first thing she noticed. The next thing she noticed was not actually a characteristic of the land, it was not the birds that flew aimlessly in the sky, it was not boars that roam the endless miles of grass... In fact, it was a player and of course, Shizuka allowed her instincts to carry her to the player that was laying on the ground. "So. Uh. Watcha doing?" She asked, curious as to why the boy was spending time looking up at the sky.

Ryuma had heard someone speak out to him and had been quite surprised by it. He jumped a little in fear but remained where he was, showing almost no indication of his fear. He had turned around to see who it had been that spoke to him, and noticed that it had been a beautiful young woman about his age. She had long flowing red hair and gorgeous red eyes. Just the sight of her had caused him to blush slightly. "N-nothing much. J-just enjoying the beautiful scenery… W-what about you?"

Shizuka's eyes popped wide open as the boy seemed to be afraid of something. Then she smiled, "Hehe. Sorry for scaring you like that." She said. The boy seemed quite similar to her in terms of age, but other than that was rather different from what she could tell. Nevertheless, the boy was stuttering and she was rather sure that he had been scared in her sudden attempt to start a conversation. "Uh... this is my first time out of the safe zone. I've just been wondering around here and looking around to let my eyes get used to what is outside of the safe zone." However, as she said this, she remembered that the boy had said that he was currently admiring the scenery which she had to admit was quite good now that she observed it thoroughly. "You're right... The scenery here does seem very nice." She said as she blew a piece of stray hair which had been blocking her face. "It's rather nice here." She finished before staring off in the distance. There were a lot more trees and nature out here compared to the starting city and for someone like her, nature was definitely good. "Uh. Mind my manners. My name is Shizuka. Mind if I sit next to you?" She asked.

Ryuma had smiled as she asked to sit next to him. The blush he had on earlier had faded by now as he pat on the ground beside him. "Why not at all. It's nice to meet you Shizuka. I am Ryuma, a rather new player to the game. S-so this is your first time outside of the safe zone? I take it that you haven't been in battle yet then?" He had raised an eyebrow as he asked the question and then leaned back a bit, his arms resting on the ground while holding him up. "Guess you also haven't seen very much of the scenery then… That sucks. Maybe I can show you around some time, if you'd like.." As he said this, the blush came back slightly, since in the real world he wasnt allowed to even spend time with other people, let alone beautiful girls such as her. He tried to hide the blush as much as possible but there was no way to mask it entirely.

"It'd be nice if you could show me around sometime... I've pretty much explored the entirety of the starting city so there'd be no point in show me that." She said as she twisted a piece of hair and twirled it around with her finger while looking out at the horizon. Even though she preferred looking out at the horizon when the sky was yellow from dusk, she found this strangely amusing and pretty as well. "Also, I haven't been in any battle yet," She said, quite ashamed as the players have already cleared past the twelveth floor yet she's never even fought a boar yet. "Say, have you been in battle? You look quite strong for a new player." She said before looking at his direction just in time to see a pink coloring that has appeared on the boy's cheeks. Eh... She thought in confusion. "You look rather pink. Are you too hot? Are you sick?" She asked, rather worried that the boy's face coloring looked quite unnatural. 

He had smiled a rather large and charming smile when she had said that he could show her around sometime. This smile had quickly turned into a look of embarrassment as she questioned the blush on his cheeks. While rubbing the back of his head embarrassingly with his eyes closed, he said, "N-no no no I'm alright I swear! Hahaha.." He knew he had been making a fool of himself and decided to stop before his embarrassment grew worse. While staring down at the ground with a smile on his face and embarrassment in his eyes, he stated, "I honestly have only been in one battle so far and I almost died… If it wasn't for Koumori, I would have died…" He reminisced over the day that he had met Koumori, since that was the day that his life had truly changed.

"Oh, I know him," Shizuka said as she heard the familiar name from within the boy's mouth. "He was the first one that I came to communication after my period of depression," She said with a snicker. "He definitely helped my mood quite a bit, edged me towards my old self. Yeah, believe it or not, I was actually in a period of depression just the past week." Indeed, it was rather hard to believe but when she found out that she would be stuck in this game until it was beaten, her whole world had shattered. It was as if her mind and heart had found a new home, a dreary home, one that involves darkness and a black pit. At that point, she no longer found joy in the world, but now, she's back to her usual, happy self. To imagine that I was lost in my own heart. She thought as she pointed a finger up on her chin. Thus, she began to think about the little that she'd experienced since coming to this world as a weak girl. Hence, she sat with her arms wrapped around her leg, staring at the sky above.

Ryuma smiled as the two had remised over the same person. With a smile on his face, he glanced at her and couldn't help but blush a bit more. She's a really nice person … I don't wanna upset her. "Is he really? He is a pretty amazing guy huh?" He then let out a small laugh before staring back up at the sky above. "We have a lot in common for when it comes to him huh..? When I was here, my world had already been in shatters. I have been depressed my entire life but have never been happier since I've come here. Koumori must be a guardian angel that just comes and goes around helping people in need.. I wish I could be like that." He had then began to think about what it would be like if he were able to go around and help people like that, his eyes now seeming distant since he is daydreaming.

"Well, anyone can be a hero," Shizuka replied. One cannot simply just wish they were something... They had to set off and try his/her hardest in order to succeed in being what they want to be. "Don't let your dreams be dreams. You can do what you want to do and what you want to be, don't just wish you were something, you should make it come true through actions." Recently, Shizuka's been quite cheerful and pretty much always smiling in order to keep her mood up as well as the other NPCs and player's mood up as well. "It's very important to be happy during a time like this and that's why I'm always smiling... I smile to keep myself and others in a good mood so that the players can cooperate and eventually defeat the final boss." Shizuka said, demonstrating a wide, cheery smile.

Ryuma couldn't help but smile as he heard her inspiring speech. He had turned to face her directly and stared into her eyes. "Your right. Thank you for that, I truly needed it. And by the way, you have an extremely beautiful smile as bright as the sun if I may say so." He had then winked at her and realized that he was stuck in the game and couldn't leave after that. What had he just done?! 

Shizuka blinked as she thought that the man had said your instead of you're. Wow, not the right time... Grammar instincts. She thought as she continued to listen to the boy's words. When the boy stared right at her, she found it rather hard to keep eye contact. A bit intimidating. She thought, quite amused and frustrated at the same time. Either way, her smile remains on her face the whole time. Finally, when the boy complimented her on her smile, her smile grew even wider as she was quite pleased with the compliment. "Wow, that's the first time I've been complimented on my smile. Thanks, though. I really appreciate the compliment. Really boosts my self-confidence." Shizuka said, flustered that her smile had been compared to the brightness of the sun. Also, when the boy winked at her, she immediately grinned and let out a little chuckled smile from the comicalness of it. As a result, she decided to imitate the boy with a wink of her own. "Thanks. Nice addition with the wink. Uh. Mind if we stop sitting? I'm feeling a bit of back pain." She grunts as she stood up, feeling the back pain that had resulted from nights in which she's slept at a dark valley in between two buildings.

Ryuma had become flustered as she winked back at him and even blushed a bright red color. This had been so unusual for him to experience. "T-thats fine Shizuka." He had then stood up and placed his arms behind his head. "Is there anywhere you would like to go? Knowing that you haven't really explored much, id recommend doing so. We could have oh so much fun exploring the area. Maybe even go somewhere that allows you to see more of the scenery." As he had said this, he had remembered a small area in which he had found. "W-would you me the honor of taking a walk with me?"

Shizuka smiled. "Well, given that I haven't explored much, I would naturally not know where we can go that would see much of the scenery. Honestly, the place that I went to with the greatest scenery is the park in the starting city but I've explored there enough. Now, I plan to check out somewhere different. However, I still want to stay on the first floor. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can go that would provide me with a certain amount of scenery?" She asked, taking a rest at the end of it, having been exhausted by the long passage of words that she'd managed to weave from her mind. She looked around to see that the sun was already high in the sky. It was shining down upon the world, emphasizing the boars and trees that cowardly hid underneath its brilliant sunshine. It's noon now. She realized as she made sense of why the sun was so high in the sky. Scenery tends to change quite a bit from her current experience of the game and as an observer, she made note to study every single detail that lay in the land in front of her. It was quite a significant sight. The sky had gone yellow, and the reflection it gave off to the stream that lay below gave a glittering feeling to people nearby that were watching. It was as if the area was shining, she soon found herself to be staring out in awe.

Ryuma had smiled as he kept the particular scene in mind. He had then walked closer towards Shizuka and grabbed a hold of her hand. Keeping the smile on his face and passion in his eyes, he says, "Just follow me. It'll be alright, trust me." Now walking hand and hand, he had led the girl to a rather interesting mountain that would curl up and appear as a small tornado. Once the two had reached the top, he would sit down on the cliff edge of the mountain and pat down on the ground next to him, indicating for her to sit beside him. From this high up, you could see the entirety of the first floor. The lush green grass covered miles upon miles of land, and several creatures had inhabited these lands. It was truly one of the most marvelous sights on the first floor, since it allowed you to see the entirety of the first floors beauty. Beneath Ryuma himself had been a field of flowers such as roses, sunflowers and tulips. They had been soft beneath his hands and kept his more relaxed than he ever really was around other people. This place was like his safe haven. "It's truly beautiful out here, don't you think?" He had been staring out into the grand, yellow sky, a smile still upon his face. The sun had reflected off from his eyes, showing the beautiful sky within them. "Almost as beautiful as you.." This last part, he had tried to say quietly, so that she wouldn't be able to hear him. Of course there was no saying whether or not she had heard him, but it was still quite enough from his own perspective.

"Wow." was Shizuka's first word when she walked up the mountain in which the boy had led her upon. The mountain was rather decent in height... Not too tall and not too short either. Mountains were indeed probably one of the greatest places to admire as the view was expanded from a normal perspective. One would be able to see about everything down below the mountain. Everything was so fantastic as the river's coloring had changed completely and they were closer to the sky. If I am able to make a portrait here, this would be a great place to paint. She realized. "This is great. It feels as if the sky takes up half the distance while the other half of the scenery is taken up by land. This is fantastic." She said as she stared in awe towards the distance. However, as she stared, she paid no attention to her surroundings and when the boy said something, she completely missed his words. Eh. Did he say something? She asked herself in her mind but decided to not ask him to repeat. "By the way, mind if I add you to my friend list? That way we can PM each other when we need to." She said before opening up her portable menu and pressing several buttons which soon sent the boy a friend request. She then looked up, waiting for the boy to accept with a smile.

Ryuma had been surprised as she had asked for him to join his friends list. He had smiled as he heard this and saw her smile as well and then looked at the friend request. "I would be glad to!" He had then laughed a little and pressed the circle that signifies for him to accept the friend request. "I really hope that we can hang out more often. I am sure we will become great friends!"

"Great. Now we can PM each other whenever we need to." Shizuka said with quite a big smile. After a while, as Shizuka continued to stare down from the mountain and admiring as the sun began to set. Soon, the sun has set completely and it grew rather cold and dark. With a shiver, she hugged herself, trying to keep warm but knew that it was rather pointless as it was becoming rather dark and the wind grew stronger. Also, to add to her coldness, her stomach began to growl in protest from not having food for a period of time. "Hey. Wanna go to a restaurant of some sorts? We can talk there. It's getting quite chilly." Indeed, she needed to go indoors and satisfy her stomach at the same time so a restaurant would be the best place for the two to go. Also, she was sure the boy was getting rather chilly as well. 

Ryuma had also been growing rather cold as the breeze had flown towards him through the air. "That sounds good to me. Anywhere that you would like to recommend? Im completely fine with wherever you choose." He had smiled at her while saying this and then walked on over to her. "Would you like my jacket? It should keep you warm until we get there."

"No, it's fine. Keep your jacket. I know of a good restaurant nearby to here." And immediately, she stood up from the ground and walked on to proceed to the restaurant that she spoke of. She'd been to quite a variety of different restaurants during her time in Aincrad, all of which she enjoyed. She'd been to a ramen shop, a cafe, a fancy restaurant, and a sweets shop. Which one to go? She asked herself in her mind. Soon, she decided that both of them probably didn't have enough col to go to a fancy restaurant so she instead, head toward the cafe which she'd gone once with a player called Emerath. As she walked alongside Ryuma, she looked around the starting city to see that at night, the city looked amazing... even better than how it looked in the mornings. Lights blared everywhere, creating a rhythm and decoration that nothing else can match, even nature. Shows how much man-made objects and add to the scenery. She thought before turning to the right and causing the two to face the cafe. Indeed, they have arrived after a bit of time and a bit of coldness. "Let's go in then." She said before opening the door, allowing her and Ryuma to enter into the cafe and hopefully have a good meal before night falls completely.