(PP-F1) A Lonely Field (Shizua, Ryuma) [Completed]

Ryuma had decided that if he was going to go out and protect those that he had come to care about, that he was going to have to get stronger. In order for him to do this, he was going to have to train his ass off. This training had led him back out to the grasslands in which he found himself around a lot lately. He had a determined look in his eyes as he held his dagger in his hands firmly, while analyzing the area so that he could find a way to get an advantage in this situation.

5fR4f.jpg

Edited by Ryuma_

I suppose... I should start to grind... If I want to... to survive... Shizua had thought to herself, currently standing at the edge of a flat, open field. Observing the area in front of her, she could spot several different low level boars. She assumed, considering their numbers, that they were the low level, 'easy' enemies, like a Goomba. In her hand, she clutched onto her One Handed Attack Spear, not entirely sure as to how to use it. She wasn't entirely sure she had made the right choice, between a spear, sword, and axe. She had decided that the weight and hard-to-handle nature of the axe was something she didn't want, however it was a tough choice between a sword and spear, though eventually, the tiebreaker was the handle size of the spear, as it was much longer.

Shizua stepped forward, stretching a bit, before looking back to the boars. She wasn't sure which one to attack, and she also wasn't positive that the other boars wouldn't attempt to attack her together. Piecing these factors together in her head, she decided the best course of action would be to simply wait for a while, and see how they acted. However, she was completely unaware of the fact that she was standing in Ryuma's field of vision, as she was too busy watching the enemies wander about.

While analyzing the area, a girl had come into his field of vision. It was so odd how women have been popping up out of nowhere lately. Seeing as how the girl had been standing in front of him, he had placed his dagger back into its sheathe. Otherwise, he may have ended up striking her on accident. He was still shy when it came to new people so he quietly walked on over towards the girl and tapped the back of her shoulder. "H-hi… Im Ryuma. Is everything alright ma'am?"

Shizua, trying to focus her mind, was very shocked as someone tapped her shoulder. In a confused state, she spun around, her spear clutched tight in her hand. "W- who the--?!" She attempted to swing her spear around a bit, swallowing hard. Though, she thought about it for a moment, hearing his words. It took a few seconds for her to process, but she soon frowned and took a quick bow. "A- ah... I'm sorry. My name is Nish--" She started, however cut off, not used to using her character name in place of her actual one. "I'm... My name is Shizua.. Yes, sir, I'm... alright, here. Just trying to figure out what to do... how to... uh... fight one of these guys." She gestured to one of the boars.

Ryuma had raised an eyebrow as he hears that she hasn't fought yet. Of course, he himself had just learned how to fight not so long ago, but it still surprised him nonetheless. "Would you like some help then Shizua?" He then looks at her level and tilts his head sideways. "You may not want to fight them considering you level, but I can still try and help you nonetheless."

"E- er... You mean these aren't the lowest level monsters..? It's strange... they're just outside of Starting City... but, what would you recommend I do, Ryuma..?" Shizua asked, curious as to the monsters he had fought. I... I'm not so sure I can do this... She admitted to herself, all of this being quite a lot to handle in a short amount of time. "So... uhm... what sort of weapon do... do you use...?" She inquired, still wondering if her spear was a good choice.

Ryuma had scratched his head and laughed a little. "Well they are the lowest level monsters and definitely the weakest but … Lets just say that it hard to fight them at your current level. I almost lost my life in my first battle against a boar and I was your level!" He had then placed a hand on a shoulder and smiled. "But don't you worry Shizua because i'll help you fight against these beasts. Also! I have a one handed dagger. Everyone has their own personal preference though so if you feel comfortable with the weapon you have, then I suggest keeping it and learning how to use it." He kept a smile on his face the entire time so that he could help her feel better and to get her to relax.

Shizua frowned at the thought of the weakest monster in the game being so strong. "W- wow... so... do you think that... well... do you think anybody's... died yet..?" She asked, not really sure how to word the question, and it coming out as a bit blunt sounding. She then motioned to her right hand, where she held her spear. "And... well, I almost jabbed you with this... sorry about that.. but I use a one handed spear..." She forced a bit of a smile, many thoughts swarming her mind right now.

"To be honest with you, I wouldn't doubt it… But don't try and think about things like that! Its best to think of their deaths as a reason to continue onwards and beat this game so that others won't have to face the same fate. Also, I think a one handed spear in a good choice. Its always good to attack your opponent from a ranged area. Just be careful with where you swing that thing." He then laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood. "Would you like to sit and talk a bit Shizua? Its always helpful and relaxing to try and enjoy yourself without thinking of all of the fears of the game."

Shizua allowed herself to smile a bit more openly now, Ryuma's words helping her calm down. "Yeah... that's right, I guess. We've gotta get stronger, or else... we won't beat this game." She said, with a bit of a sigh. "I would... I'd like to sit, yeah.." She nodded slowly, before slowly turning her head around, in an effort to look for a place to sit. "So... um, Ryuma. If we're, um.. going to fight together, should we create a party..?" She asked, extending her two fingers, and using them to bring up her menu.

He had slightly raised one of his eyebrows as he had never thought of doing this. "Thats actually a pretty good idea. Are you okay with spending time with someone like me though? I tend to get involved with some pretty interesting people." He lets out a slight laugh and slides his two fingers downwards, pulling up his menu. He then clicks the befriend option and sends the friend request to Shizua. 

A small screen then appears before the girl:

>>Would you like to accept this request?

>>Yes<<  >>No<<

"Ah..." Shizua brought her hand up, hesitating, before tapping the button.

>>Yes<<

"Alrighty... Thank you.. Now.." She brought her hand back up to her menu, tapping on the button that read 'Party', then 'Create Party'. She looked up, to Ryuma, and gave a slight smile. She tapped a few more buttons, before a menu appeared before Ryuma.

>>You have been invited to Shizua's party!<<

>>Would you like to accept this request?<<

>>Yes<<  >>No<<

Shizua joined her hands behind her back, waiting for Ryuma's response.

Ryuma had laughed a little as he smiled at her and pressed the yes button, allowing the two of them to form a party. "Nice! So now that we are in a party together, is there anything you would like to do? Kill a boar perhaps?" He had let out another small laugh, seeing as he had been joking with her about killing the bull. He had then gave her a big thumbs up, signifying that he is ready for anything!

Shizua's heads-up-display changed to show Ryuma's health bar. "Alright, then... I... I guess... a boar would be the right choice... I, uh... I'll let you choose which one we fight." She turned from looking at Ryuma, her vision now back to the field where the boars were wandering around. "Do you think it's true, Ryuma?" She asked, still looking away from him. "Do you think that you can really die in real life... if... you die in the game..?"

Ryuma had looked away, trying not to say the truth about what he had thought. He had then put a smile on his face and turned towards the girl, his eyes closed and his cheeks red. "Ill protect you from any harm that may ever come your way!" His eyes had then opened and the smile had dimmed down a bit. "To be honest with you, I'm not sure what to believe. Don't worry though because … Because I'm here to keep you and all of the others safe!"

Shizua let a smile come to her lips, at his optimistic attitude. "Hehe.. Then thank you, Ryuma..." The boy's optimism and willingness to protect others was something she could admire. "Right,  I guess we should get to work, then, Mr. Protector." She smirked and slowly took a step forward. "So... how do the monsters act? Will they team up on you, are are we safe to try fighting one? I'm not sure I could handle more than one enemy..."

Shizua thought about it, for a bit in her head. "Hm.. The experience probably gets divided between us, though we both will need it... so... I would say we should both take one on." She nodded, looking to one of the boars. She brought her hand up, and pointed to it with the tip of her spear. "That one." She said, plainly, thinking of a good way to go after it.

Ryuma had smiled as he had held his dagger in his hand once more, analyzing the open spots on the boar. His grip had tightened on the hilt of his dagger and he was charging up for an attack. Once he had finally found a weakness in the boars defenses, he had charged towards it, lunging at it with a slash.

(ID: 36820, BD: 3, CD: 7, LD: 19, MD: 10, Shizua: 4/4, Ryuma: 7/12, Energy: 1/2)

As he had lunged himself forward, he had tripped over a rock, which had caused him to miss his strike. The boar had noticed that it was in danger and charged after Ryuma so that it could protect himself. It had struck him in the ribs while he had been down, and caused 5 damage to him, bringing his health bar down to yellow. 

He had shout out in pain, slightly agitated by the fact that he had just missed his attack, due to tripping over some pitiful rocks. "Shizua, strike whenever you can! I'll keep you safe, I promise!"

Edited by Ryuma_

(ID# 36822 | Battle: 9 | Craft: 8 | Loot: 10 | MOB: 4)

Shizua looked at Ryuma, shocked as the boar rammed into him. He yelled at her, signifying for her to strike. She started to run forward, until she was almost in front of it. She then took a leap, gripping tightly onto her spear. She quickly jabbed at the boar, striking him in the side. The monster's health bar decreased to half, now at 2.

Shizua pulled her spear from the boar's side, quickly getting up, and looking over to Ryuma. "H- hey! Ryuma! A- are you alright..?!"