[SP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> Cook Apprentice

While Nobuyuki stroll around the Market Street of Starting City, he felt his stomach rumbling. He have been eating black bread and drinking water ever since he got stuck in this hell hole. He need something new, or else he would gone insane. Then, Nobuyuki smelt a sweet scent of roasted meat. Following the scent, he came to a food stall in Market Street. 

"Ah! Welcome to Francois food stall. Would you like to enjoy some of my finest cuisine, roasted boar meat?" A man wearing white with an interesting moustache. Letting the temptation guide him, Nobuyuki bought one stick full of boar meat for 20 cols and take a bite out of it. The taste was amazing. It's been nearly a week since he could remember the taste of a kabob. Almost gnawing on the stick, Nobuyuki finished his meal in an instance. He turned and looked at the chef. Nobuyuki noticed a green question mark on his head. 'A quest? I wonder...?' He thought, then asked the chef of the quest.

"Oh ho ho. You see, young traveler, Francois is planning on opening a small restaurant for himself. But unluckily, I can't do it on my own, the food preparation is too hard. However. Maybe you can help me with it. Yes. I can teach you how to make food, and instead, you can help me opening my restaurant. What do you say, adventurer?" The chef said. In front of Nobuyuki appeared a sign. "Would you accept the quest: Earning a living?" It said, with an accept and reject button. Having nothing better to do at the moment, and wanted to learn how to cook for himself, Nobuyuki accepted the quest.

Edited by CaptainUndead

"Alright, I wanted you to try and craft your first meal for me, just to see how familiar you are with food. I think I'll have you make a simple Black Bread. It wouldn't be too much of a difficult. Here is the basic ingredient for making bread." The chef said, placed flour and a bottle of milk down onto the counter next to his stall. Nobuyuki was given a knife. 'What do I suppose to do with a knife?' He asked himself, as he place the knife gently down onto the materials. The moment toe knife touch, the material shone brightly. It come out as a messy mush, not bread dough like Nobuyuki would have expected.

"Ai.... It's ok. You are still learning. There is a long way to go. Come back to me when you're ready, and we can move on." The chef said, sent him off. Nobuyuki walking around, started thinking. If he wanted to make something good, he need materials. There is a farm not far from here. He remember there is an option to harvest the crops, and although the farm is surrounded with giant rats, that should be the good starting point for him. Nobuyuki readied his weapon, as he went out of Starting City and to the farm.

ID: #36821

CD: 6 {Salvagable.}

LD: 12 {Failed.}

Edited by CaptainUndead

Nobuyuki made his way to the farm that he had mentioned off. He can see a rat or two crawling on the outer skirt. Wasted no time, he went into the farm and started to get some work done. First is to clear up the rats that crawling around. The rat were startled by Nobuyuki, as it stood on its hind legs and hissed. Nobuyuki drew his sword and got ready. He raised his sword and quickly struck it down. Within the second, the system carried his movement as he pulled the sword back and slashed the rat once more. The oversize rodent didn't stood a chance, as it fell down and shattered into pieces.

"Easy job. Now, onto the harvesting." Nobuyuki said, withdrew his blade and walked into the wheat field. He searched around for wheat readied to harvest. Couldn't see much, he spent some more time in the field searching.

ID: #36846

LD: 9

ID: #36846

BD: 8 {Hit!}

MOB: 4 {Missed.}

CaptainUndead: 12/12 [Energy 1/3] (-2 energy.)

V.S

Large Rat: 0/4 (- (2+ Snake Bite: 2) = 4 Damage.)

ID: #36847

LD: 12

20 Cols

Edited by CaptainUndead

"Alright, let's try this again. Maybe I can find something to make." Nobuyuki wondered as he walked across the field. Surely, there must be something he can use to make bread. All he need is one flour and one bottle of milk. Milk is easy to find, but flour is a different task. Nobuyuki wander around the farm some more. Finally, he spotted some wheat that he can harvest. While taking the wheat, Nobuyuki was jumped by a rat. Nobuyuki was caught off guard, and tumbled on his back. The rat get a good scratch on his chest. He landed not far from Nobuyuki, but he rolled out of the way. He stood up and drew his sword, readied for a fight.

ID: #36848 

LD: 17 - 1 material acquired.

ID: #36848

MOB: 7 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 9/12 [Energy: 2/3] (-3 Damage, +1 Energy.)

V.S

Large Rat: 4/4

Edited by CaptainUndead

Nobuyuki waited for his sword to glow, then jumped toward the giant rat. He swung the sword but missed. The rat used the chance to attack, but Nobuyuki could see the opening. He pushed the rat away from him, and jumped backward. None took any damage, but Nobuyuki noted himself from the previous mistake. He didn't want to end up taking too much damage from the fight.

ID: #36849

BD: 4 {Missed.}

MOB: 2 {Missed.}

CaptainUdnead: 9/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] 

V.S

Large Rat: 4/4 HP

Edited by CaptainUndead

He readied his sword once again and readied for an attack. Once his sword glowed bright blue, he charged in for an attack. Predicting where the rat would move, Nobuyuki directed his sword to fit the pattern. His sword clashed against the head of the rat, and went through. Receiving the critical hit, the rat died in an instance. It fell onto the ground and shattered, as Nobuyuki sheathed his sword and carried on.

ID: #36854

BD: 10 {Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 9/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]

V.S

Large Rat: 0/4 HP (-(2+2)= 4 damage) 

ID: #36856

LD: 4

No loot

Edited by CaptainUndead

Walking on the wheat field, Nobuyuki continued his search for more material. "Found it!" He shouted, then began to harvest the wheat. With two material acquired, all that is left now is find some milk. He have seen cows on a different farm, and he might have a chance of getting milk from them. Packing up, Nobuyuki left to a different area. 

ID: #36859

LD: 14 - 1 Material acquired.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Walking on the grassland, Nobuyuki began to enjoy the scenery. Everything seemed calm and peaceful when no one's around. Sometimes, he appreciate the loneliness, and enjoyed it as much as he could. But still, Sword Art Online is an unforgiving world. Any mistake could be the end of you, and there is no respawn. Once you died, you died for good, and it sometimes scared him to think of it.

Nobuyuki reached the dairy farm. He could see a few cows roaming in a pent next to the farm. Quickly, he came up to one of them and interact with it. The cow didn't give any resistance, and Nobuyuki walked out with a fresh bottle of milk. On his way out, he encountered a boar. He drew his sword and readied to attack.

ID: #36903

LD: 18 - 1 Material Acquired. 

Edited by CaptainUndead

Once the sword glowed bright blue, Nobuyuki ran in for the kill. He swung his sword, but it missed the target. The boar swayed its head, smacked Nobuyuki in the guts. He jumped back, taken a heavy blow to the stomach. Waiting for chance to arrive, he stood still, not moving as the boar circling around him. 'Damn, that thing hit harder than I thought.' Nobuyuki cursed silently.

ID: #36905

BD: 2 {Missed.}

MOB: 10 {Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 7/12 HP (-(3+2)= -5 Damage) [Energy:1/3]

V.S

Boar: 4/4 HP

Edited by CaptainUndead

His sword started glowing again. Nobuyuki lunged toward the boar, swung his sword downward. The sword missed it target, and instead collided with the floor. The rebound force knocked Nobuyuki off balanced, gave the boar a perfect chance to strike. Lucky for Nobuyuki, the boar missed, and overshot itself forward. He jumped back up on his feet, and get ready for another attack, so does the boar.

ID: #36910

BD: 1 {Critical Failure.}

MOB: 5 (4+1) {Missed.}

CaptainUndead: 7/12 HP [Energy: 2/3]

Vs

Edited by CaptainUndead

Once the sword glowed bright, Nobuyuki without hesitant lunged at the boar again. This time, his sword glide in the air swiftly, cut the boar in the torso. As it let out a squeal, Nobuyuki quickly change the sword direction, cut the boar a gain in a quick movement. The boar fell onto the ground and shattered. Nobuyuki sheathed his sword back to the sheath. He pack up, and went back to Starting City as the sun began to set.

ID: #36913

BD: 9 {Critical Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 7/12 HP [Energy: 0/3]

V.S

Boar: 0/4 (-(2+1+ Snake Bite: 2)= -5 Damage)

ID: #36930

LD: 10

Looted nothing.

Edited by CaptainUndead

At night, Starting City seemed much more quiet and peaceful than day. Nobuyuki stood at Francois food stall, placed the ingredient on the workbench, he gave it another try. He tapped the materials with the kitchen knife, as the ingredient shone brightly. The product made was a fine shaped bread dough. He putted the bread dough into the oven for around ten minute. Once done, he took the bread out of the oven carefully.

"Ah! Marvelous. I know you have talent in you! This is a fine loaf of bread you made. Now, I'll get you some real job for you to do. You go and gather five piece of boar meat for me, and I'll let you try on some cooking." The Chef said, as he handed Nobuyuki a second task. Nobuyuki took the quest and went to the City square. He laid down onto a bench and slept. It has been an exhausting day, and he needed the rest.

ID: #36931

CD: 8 {Good Item.} - 1 Bread acquired.

Edited by CaptainUndead

On the next day, at dawn, Nobuyuki had already left the town. He wanted to start the day off early, so he could get the materials as fast as possible. Boar is a common monster, and is easy to find. Already, Nobuyuki has already seen one roaming alone. Drew his sword, he jumped the boar for a surprise attack. He leaped into the air and swing his blade at the enemy. The boar suffered a hit in the torso. He swayed his head side way, and hit Nobuyuki in the leg. He jumped back, and readied for another attack.

ID: #36976

BD: 7 {Hit!}

MOB: 7 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 9/12 [Energy: 2/3] (-3 Damage, -1 Energy)

V.S

Boar: 2/4 (-2 Damage)

Edited by CaptainUndead

The sword start glowing. Nobuyuki stood still and waited for the perfect moment to strike. Once the boar charged toward him, he jumped for the kill. One hit landed onto the back of the boar as the thing collapsed onto the ground and died. Nobuyuki sheathed the sword, and walked away, searching for another one. 

ID: #36977

BD: 6 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 9/12 HP [Energy: 2/3] 

V.S

Boar: 0/4 (-2 HP)

ID: #36978

LD: 14

Col: 20

1 Material Acquired.

Edited by CaptainUndead

"Here comes another one." Nobuyuki said to himself, drawn his sword and readied for the incoming boar. It must have gotten into aggro range when he fight the last one. No matter though, This one should be quick. Nobuyuki underestimated his strikes, therefore missed as the boar moved aside. He used the momentum to rammed itself straight at Nobuyuki. He took the hit and fell down onto the grass. Stood up, Nobuyuki cursed himself, gripped his sword tightly and readied for another strike.

ID: #36980

BD: 3 {Missed.}

MOB: 6 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 6/12 HP [Energy: 1/3] (-3 Damage)

V.S

Edited by CaptainUndead

"There's my chance!" Nobuyuki dashed toward the boar. Predicted the boar's movement, he jumped up in the air, slashed the boar by the body. One more slash downward secured the kill. Even though this is a game, Nobuyuki still felt exhausted after running and swinging his sword around. Sat down next to a tree, he took a rest while eating up his breakfast.

ID: #36981

BD: 6 {Hit!}

CaptainUndead: 6/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (-2 energy)

VS

Boar: 0/4 HP (-(2+ Snake Bite: 2)= -4 damage.)

ID: #36982

LD: 10

Nothing

1 Material Acquired.

Edited by CaptainUndead

Sat behind a rock for a while, Nobuyuki enjoy the view of the world he's living in now. Slowly and slowly bit by bit he has begun to adapt to this lifestyle. The fact that over two thousands players has died still scared him, but that was burried within his mind, almost forgotten. He sat there and think for a while, of what the real world would be like currently. Decided to to get too side track, he jumped back on his feet, and hunt for another boar.

Nobuyuki saw one alone on the hill. A quick and accurate strike should be enough. Nobuyuki drew his sword and jump in toward the wild pig. He thrust his sword forward and stabbed the pig in the stomach. An easy hit, as the boar was caught off guard. It swung its head toward him, but Nobuyuki tumbled out of the way. Heading his weapon in hand, he wait for an opening.

ID: #37090

BD: 9 {Critical Hit!}

MOB: 4 {Missed.}

CaptainUndead: 12/12 HP [Energy: 2/3] (-1 Energy)

V.S

Boar: 1/4 HP (-3 Damage)

Edited by CaptainUndead

Once the sword shone brightly blue, Nobuyuki ran in for the kill. But the sword missed as the pig ran way from the attack. It turned and come charging back for its own retaliation. Nobuyuki was fast enough to rolled out of the way, and then he charged in for another attack of his own.

ID: #39071

BD: 3 {Missed.}

MOB: 3 {Missed.}

CaptainUndead: 12/12 HP [Energy: 1/3] (-2 energy)

V.S 

Boar: 1/4 HP

Edited by CaptainUndead

The boar missed its step at Nobuyuki charged up for the attack. The sudden stop made him misjudge the attack as he stumbled onto the ground, misplaced the attack. Nobuyuki jumped back, create distance and wait until opportunity came again.

ID: #37122

BD: 5 (4 + 1) {Missed.}

MOB: 1 (Critical Fail.)

CaptainUndead: 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (-2 energy.)

V.S

Boar: 1/4 HP 

Edited by CaptainUndead

As the boar come charging at Nobuyuki, he stood still and wait. At the point where the boar is right in front of him, Nobuyuki took a step back, and swung his sword upward. The sword slice through the boar, killing it. The boar fell down onto the ground and died. Nobuyuki stood up and walked away.

ID: #37128

BD: 9

CaptainUndead: 12/12 HP [Energy: 0/3] (-1 energy.)

V.S

Boar: 0/4 HP (-3 Damage)

ID: #37234

LD: 2

No loot acquired.

1 material acquired.

Edited by CaptainUndead