[PP-F2] Usurper's growl <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Emerath) Complete~

Flints perked up at the thought of hunting to please the beast. She watched as Emerath wondered into the bush and disappeared. She let out a small gasp and quickly followed him, nearly running into him in he darkness "it is very dark in here.." Flints gently tapped his wrist and lingered, hoping they didn't just walk themselves into some horrible bosses den. Or worse, a den full of large, horned wolves. She wasn't sure if she should go further, the damp floor made it even more difficult to walk amongst the darkness. She gulped and walked foward into the abyss, if the wolf was anywhere it would be here.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerath felt Flints tap on his wrist, and he reached into his inventory, searching for a specific potion. Finally, he pulled it out, and shook it violently, the liquid inside suddenly lighting up and producing a yellow glowing light in his hand. It was warm to the touch, but not hot, and the light seemed to go out for a decent bit around them, though it wasn't super strong. It provided enough light for them to see in front of them, as Emerath said, "Alright, let's just be careful and try not to stumble upon anything too dangerous... just keep an eye out for fur and horns."

Additional Notes:

• -1 Good Potion From Inventory
Edited by Emerath

Flints eyes widened at the sight of the potion beginning to glow. She glanced out into the open and looked around for the beast. "Wel hopfully it didn't go too far.." She started to wonder around, losing herself in the cave that was now bathed in a soft yellow glow. She was determined to find the creature, she had to make it her own. She became giddy at the thought of taking it home to meet Endilix, she wondered how he would react to her brining home a familiar.  

Emerath held the light out as they made their way deeper into the cave. He turned to Flints, "Try to keep track of where we're going. I don't want to end up going in a giant circle or getting lost in here. We don't have teleport crystals, so we need to be careful to know where we are." He continued to keep an eye out for the wolves, but there was nothing that indicated that this was a den. "I'm starting to think that maybe he was just in this cave hunting. I doubt this is actually a den. Seems too big anyway. Like I said, just remember which way was out."

Edited by Emerath

Flints snorted in response to Emerath pleading to not get lost, her mind was elsewhere as she searched for the beast, or at a sign that he was at least here at one point. "Don't worry, I won't get lost. It's not that confusing of a place." Just as she said that she looked up only to see the cave open up into a large room, it was unlike anything she had seen before. The cavern was deep and had what sounded like a stream flowing through it. From the gentle light of the potion she could make out the rocks that were eroded from the water that once filled it. "This looks like a very good place to hide..." she whispered to Emerath, although it was a soft whisper she could hear her voice echo into the open. 

Emerath looked to Flints next to him, thinking about the idea of getting lost with her in a cavern like this. He supposed things could've been worse, provided him and her could endure the endless bickering that would ensue. All this over a wolf. Emerath continued to look around the cavern. The light of the potion only barely hit the edges of the cavern, and Emerath wasn't able to see the roof at all. He sighed, "I feel like if we go any deeper we're going to get lost. You say this isn't complicated, but I say we're going to be horribly lost." And with that, Emerath started to feel a bit chilly, as he remembered he wasn't wearing his suit jacket anymore. The cavern was actually surprisingly chilly, despite that it was fairly temperate outside. Emerath opened up his menu and equipped his jacket once again, letting his body heat send warmth throughout his sleeves and chest.

Flints sighed and looked down, stopping her search. "You're right..this is sort of pointless..and I'm going to get us very lost." Flints stopped and sat on one of the large smooth stones, she looked up at the roof of the cavern that she imagined she could see. "This place is huge, how did we not see this.."  She muttered more to herself than Emerath. It certainly was a sight to behold. And who knew what lurked in this cave, certainly not Jackalopes. 

Emerath shook his head and sat next to her on the rock, putting a hand on her arm, "No, this isn't pointless. Pointless would be the idea that I wouldn't be able to find a way to live in this cave for the next 50 years while the people of this game pointlessly tried to win without my guidance. But I can live here, if it takes that long. At least I wouldn't be alone. Being alone would be pointless. And I'm sure... at some point in 50 years, we'd find the wolf you want so much. It'd all work out in the end." Emerath turned his head away and stared at the ceiling he couldn't see, the potion emitting its glowing light between their feet where he had set it down. "Besides. This is a fun little escape. I haven't gotten to see sights like this in the game yet. Especially not with someone like you."

Flints watched the potion at her feet, she closed her eyes when Emerath spoke and sighed. "Well at least I'll be stuck here with you. If anything I trust you with my life. So I'd say, bring on the next 50 years then!" She giggled. "But seriously, if we don't find it by the end of the day we should just search for a familiar for you. I'll be fine without one. I have your brother. " she laughed at her lame joke. She looked up at Emerath and gave him a warm smile, she could barely make him out in the dark but she sensed his presence and that was enough to make her feel like this quest wasn't In vain.

Emerath dismissed the thought of giving up the hunt for the wolf, and said, "No no, we're not going to quit. I don't really need a familiar either, to be honest. This whole adventure so far has been worth it. Even if I did end up half dead climbing a mountain." He chuckled to himself, and stood up again, holding out his hand to help Flints up from the rock, "So, if we're agreed, let's go get lost and find you a wolf. He has to be in here somewhere." Emerath bent over to pick up the glow potion on the ground, after he would've helped Flints up. "Maybe try howling? He might come running to you," Emerath said, somewhat jokingly.

ID: 37260 

LD: 19 (Successful)

Flind laughed at Emrath's comment and looked up to the caverns never ending ceiling. She closed her eyes tightly and let out a lone somber howl, as it left her lips she could feel the stagnant air swirl around her, the cavern carried her howl and transformed it into a much larger sound, it was almost eerie how close to an actual wolf it sounded. as all the air left her body she couldn't help but feel like she was being watched, she looked out into the darkness and saw those unmistakable honey eyes glowing in the distance. She silently leaped off the boulder and stepped lightly into the darkness, she had her bread at the ready and held it out to the creature. 

"Hello lovely, I've been looking everywhere for you, you magnificent beast." She smiled warmly as she waited to see if it would take her bread, the wolf came closer and placed its snout into her hand before taking the bread, it quickly devoured it before letting out a loud deep howl in return to Flints' it was much more powerful, the sound bounced off the walls and made the cave shudder, stalactites fell around them as he approached Flints, never breaking eye contact until finally coming to a rest at her feet. Flints looked back at Emerath more in shock at how quickly everything had happened. She wasn't sure what to do next, she half expected the wolf to vanish once again. 

Edited by Flints

Emerath chuckled at the idea that Flints was actually going to howl. But when she actually did it, it was enchanting. It was as if the entire cave had come alive with the sound of it. Emerath just stared at her, a bit in awe. He knew that the woman was wild, but he certainly hadn't expected this. He listened as the sad song of the howl reverberated throughout the cave around them, and a shiver ran down his spine. And that was when he saw the eyes. They reflected in the light of the potion he held in his hands, and he held it forward as the wolf began to come forward. Emerath gasped, as it made its way to Flints, and he simply stood there, dumbfounded as the events unfolded in front of him. His mouth was agape, until he noticed Flints looking back at him after everything was over, and he quickly closed it, and blinked at the woman, almost unable to believe it.

"Flints... you.... you actually did it. You... tamed the wolf."

Flints looked back down at the rather large wolf, from the dim glow of the potion all she could make out was his beautiful eyes and unmistakable horns, his neck was maned, to protect him from his battles, he bared no scars that she could make out, his thick fur was surprisingly soft to the touch almost as if it was down. She gently tugged his large horns, pulling his shoulders against her hip as she felt around, grasping his mane idly. She purred happily before looking back up to Emerath with a blush. 

"O-okay...I guess I can see how...someone could get attached to a familiar..." She began to walk back to where they came from, gently tapping Emerath. "Well I guess we should head back.." She didn't bother to look back, she kept her eyes on the wolf who occasionally glanced up at her. "Emerath..I need to name him.." she watched as the wolf began to pull her in one direction, she hoped it was towards the light, she was getting tired of being in the dark.

Emerath watched her with the wolf. It was almost as if the two were meant for each other. Emerath smiled. He supposed that's what the quest was all about. Finding a partner that someone could spend the rest of their game time with and cherish. Emerath started to walk over to the pair, still holding the potion so that he could surround the trio in light. He stood next to Flints and looked down at the wolf, he really was quite a sight. "Hmm... a name, huh? He looks powerful. I think he'd need a powerful name..." Emerath considered this, not really sure what a powerful wolf name might be. He did know that he wanted to pet this beautiful creature, as he slowly leaned over, and went to take a hand to stroke its fur along its back.

Flints had her hand dug deep in the wolf's mane she watched as Emerath approached the wolf and her heart skipped a little, she wondered how it would react to him getting close to it, her fear quickly subsided as it closed its eyes and leaned against Emerath's petting. Flints sighed and giggled. "looks like he approves of you! All is well in the world." As they continued to walk she started to see light filter in through the cave. "Well..outside of Aincrad I have a dog. I wanted to give him a strong name but when I met him, all of that went out the window. But now I guess I have a do over.." She tugged at the wolf's ears lovingly. "What about Antillian? Unless you can think of anything more suiting, I'm open for ideas.."  

Emerath walked alongside the pair. It was odd to see her with a companion, and it was certainly going to take some getting used to. Emerath wondered if his owl would like him in the same way. He supposed he would find out, as he looked out towards the thin streams of light that came in through the bush the guarded the cave. He didn't feel like it was enough to put away the glow potion yet, as he continued to think about what a wolf like this might be named. Emerath had a funny thought, but he wasn't entirely sure if he should say it out loud. He threw caution to the wind though, before saying, "Antillian is a very nice name. But, the way you look at him... you seem to care about him even more than my brother. How about... Usurper?"

Flints continued to stroke and tug on the wolf, as they neared the bushes the wolf pushed himself through, leaping out into the open and shaking his fur in the sunlight. He was more stunning in the light, his fur was nearly agouti, the chocolate brown color intermixed with deep blacks, an occasional stripe crossed his fur, he certainly was a sight to behold. Flints followed the wolf certain now that it was in fact a he, she laughed once she was near it and facing Emerath who was still in the darkness. "Whatever you wish, master!" She grumbled, wiggling the wolf's mouth, as if he were responding to Emerath. She let the poor creature go before asking it. "So what do you think? Do you like Emerath's name? Or mine, I'm not really sure if Usurper suits you, I am your leader. No if ands or buts." she said firmly. The wolf watched her and didn't protest, he didn't seem to care at all. 

Emerath pushed out of the bushes at the mouth of the cave just in time to see Flints seemingly make the wolf mock him. He gave a bit of a frown as he looked to the potion in his hand, growing more and more dim in the sunlight. He wished things like this were of more than one use, but alas. He threw the potion over his shoulder as it smashed against the ground, leaving a yellowish stain on the rocks, before all of it exploded into a flurry of pixels. That was why Emerath liked this world. He could litter and it didn't even matter. It all just turned into pixel dust. He chuckled to himself a bit as he put his hands on his hips, looking at Flints and the wolf, "Well, you asked for suggestions, that was simply mine. I told you that Antillian was also a fine name. So go with that."

Flints watched as Emerath nonchalantly tossed the potion, she tangled her hand in the wolf's mane again and bent down, nuzzling it. She wasn't sure what had gotten into her, she was never this friendly with anything but she couldn't help but want to be close to it, and care for it. "Antiliian it is, tillian for short" she whispered into his mane. The wolf wooed happily at her nuzzling. "What do you think Endilix would think of this? I didn't even tell him I was considering getting a familiar, let alone such a...huge one." She giggled. 

Emerath looked at the way Flints interacted with the wolf, and was a bit concerned. "Well, you certainly seem attached to it. To be honest, I don't think Endilix will know what to think. If he wasn't expecting this, that is. Especially not a... horned wolf. What kind of breed is that anyway? We should probably officially name him a wolfalope. That seems to make the most sense in my mind. Speaking of which... we never did find that jackalope..." In the end, Emerath ended up avoiding the question of his brother by going off on a bit of a tangent about this or that, as he began to look around for any hope or signs of an actual jackalope running around. Sadly, he ended up disappointed.