[PP-F2] Usurper's growl <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Emerath) Complete~

Flints waited eagerly for Emerath to show up, she stood on floor two, a place where she didn't visit often but today she wanted to explore here. In the flurry of the day she had been approached by an NPC woman who spoke of monsters that roamed the area, she smiled wickly at Flints before making a comment on how the monster would suit Flints' firey spirit. Curiosity had gotten the best of her and Flints accepted the quest and invited Emerath to join her, she hadn't been spending much time with him since the last time they talked but to be fair they had both been preoccupied with other matters, it was good to finally be able to catch up with one of her favorite people, though she wouldn't admit that. She thought about the msg she had quickly typed up and wondered if maybe he would decide to not tag along. "Hey Emerath! I know this is out of the blue but I was given a quest and I want you to come with me! Meet me on the second floor, I'll be waiting." 

Edited by Flints
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerath was a bit confused that Flints would choose him over Endilix for accompaniment on a quest, but he tried not to think too hard about it. It must not be dangerous if he wasn't necessary for the trip. At least as far as Emerath knew. He walked through the second floor, his hands behind his head as he looked around for Flints. He popped open his menu and went to her name, looking for her exact location, before heading in that direction.

As he approached, he saw Flints looking around for what he would assume was him. He waved to her as he approached, giving her a smile. "Hey there! Long time no see! So... what's this quest you got again?"

Flints smiled warmly at Emerath as he approached her, when he asked her what the quest was about her excitement peaked and she blurted out her response. "Emerath! An NPC told me I could get a familiar! She didn't tell me what kind but she said it would suit me..." Flints let her hood flop back down against her back as she gently groomed her fluffy hair and shook her head a bit before walking off towards the mountains, calling back to Emerath. "Would you want a familiar? I didn't think I'd want one..but my last quest with Dael had me thinking...why not get a battle aid? I don't think I could get attached to a familiar though, so I'm not sure how well this would go actually.." Her voice trailed off in the gentle breeze. 

Emerath rubbed his chin as he followed Flints wondering what kind of a familiar she'd ultimately end up with. "What kind of an animal would you even prefer to have? Something matching the fluffy ears on your hood, I'd imagine." Emerath couldn't help but reach forward and flop the hood back onto her head, making the ears pop up again as he said, "So when did you get the nice jacket anyway?" Emerath couldn't help but admire her in it. It was rather form fitting, but looked heavy. He idly wondered if it counted as heavy armor since it looked so incredibly thick. It was interesting to think that heavy leather and hides could actually count like that.

Flints felt the hood fall back onto her head and she frowned as the felt the ears bound straight up. "Hey, hey! You leave my fearsome helm alone!" She couldn't keep a straight face and began to giggle trying to hide the fluster it brought forth. "Your brother and I fought a wolf mother and pups, I was able to get the final blow in and claim this!" She did a little circle gesturing at her frame. "I like it, could have did without the ears, but I do love the teeth." She pointed at the ones that framed her face against her cheeks, eyes and forehead. "Well I hope it's not something cute, I would be pretty angry if we came out here for bunnies."  Flints huffed. 

Emerath watched Flints little display and he admired the hood and its teeth that she liked. He nodded at her, rubbing his chin some more. "Yes, it does look very nice. I like the way the teeth frame your face." He thought about her and Endilix going out on their mission, and smiled, "Well, I'm glad that good things came out of the treasure hunt that you two did. Now, l don't think a bunny would be so bad. What if it's a jackalope? Those things have horns. I could see it ramming into a monster for damage or something. I'd say, don't knock it 'til you try it." Emerath chuckled and continued to walk along, now on the hunt for jackalopes.

Flints beamed at the complement but then quickly burst into laughter at the thought of a small bunny with horns ramming into her enemies. "Yeah no. If it's a bunny or anything remotely cute I say we pack up and go home now. I wouldn't be able to take it seriously!" Flints eyes darted wildly then settled on Emerath who was looking for jackalopes. "You still didn't tell me, what would you want to fight alone side you?" She glanced down at the ground and began to search the bushes, looking for the jackalope she didn't want. 

Emerath started to rustle around in the bushes around them as he saw a few critters go running by. None of them were the legendary jackalope though. Emerath watched as a couple of bunnies scampered off into another bush, and wondered if he should tell Flints that he had found some bunnies. He thought better of it as he stood up from the bush and turned back to her, brushing some excess dirt from his hands. "Well, I think I'd like an owl, actually. Specifically a barn owl. If you would like, you're welcome to join me in looking for one. I'm quite interested in this whole familiar thing. We'll have to make a trip of it after we get your familiar."

Flints wasn't finding anything but berries and dirt. Lots of dirt. She stood upright and looked  up into the trees. "Well now, I think an owl suits you very well." She glanced over at Emerath and studied him carefully. "I would love to help you, I mean I did drag you along with me on mine so you have every right to take me along with yours!" She looked around and pushed her way through the follege that lined the foot of the mountains. "I feel like we won't ever find that stupid rabbit..and in a way..I really hope we never do!" She hissed. "Let's go higher up, into the mountains..maybe we will find something there." She quickly began to wonder off, hoping to find the familiar soon, her curiosity was growing. 

Emerath cocked his head as he watched her begin to climb the mountains. "I'm pretty sure jackalopes don't live in the mountains, milady! They live in bushes!" Emerath frowned. She probably couldn't hear him, and he was fairly certain she wouldn't listen if she could. He sighed and unequipped his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves, as he made his way up to the foot of the mountain. This reminded him of climbing the mountain for the Martial Arts skill quest. He really hated climbing, and he wasn't going to like this any more, but once Flints had it in her mind to go looking for something somewhere, he knew it wouldn't be an easy thing to change that. And so, he started to climb.

Flints heard Emerath faintly and halted her great climb. "I don't want a jackalope, Emerath.." She mumbled under her breath. She waited for him to make it up to where she was, while she waited she looked around from  her vantage point, the air was thinner here and gave quite a chill, it was a refreshing change from searching the bushes for ugly bunnies. 

Emerath managed to reach her in her climb, though he had been struggling to do so. Climbing was one of his least favorite activities, and he was thankful that stamina didn't work exactly like it did in real life, or else he probably would've been half dead by now and hanging by a thread. Emerath refused to look around or down, keeping his eyes on Flints so he didn't think about the idea that a fall from this height would either kill him or take most of his health. Finally as he got closer to her, he shouted up to her, "What are you waiting for? We need to get to flat ground before I die..."

Flints raised an eyebrow to Emerath's struggle to reach her, Flints reached out and helped him the rest of the way, pulling him up to her quickly she smiled and chuckled. "Well we are almost there. I just have this feeling we would have better luck if we went up there!" Flints pointed up at the peak of the mountain that was still quite a ways away from them. "that's where I need to be. Don't worry, I'm a good climber so we can get there quickly if you just follow my lead." she turned and gave him a little wink before rushing further up the unstable ground, not even stopping to check her footing as she bounded upwards. 

Emerath was huffing and puffing as he tried desperately to keep up with the energetic woman. There was a limit to how much he was able to take, and he was hitting it now. He desperately tried to keep up with her, however, and he thought he was doing rather well. Whatever familiar she thought could be hiding in the mountains had better be worth it. And Emerath swore to himself, if there was a jackalope on this mountain, he might actually just jump off of it. Well, no he wouldn't, that would be silly. But so would finding a jackalope on the mountain. Emerath just hoped they'd finish climbing soon.

• ID: 37074
  • LD: 4 (Familiar is Uninterested)

Flints finally reached the top of the mountain, she looked around at the surprisingly open area. she looked back at Emerath and before she could speak she heard a loud rustle from a bush near her. she slowly walked up to it and gasped as rather large horns poked out from the brush. she wondered through her inventory and pulled out some bread, she gave a gentle tug on the horns only to be greeted by a very large wolf who's warm honey eyes starred at her blankly. "This..is not..a Jackalope..." she turned slowly and looked wide-eyed at Emerath. she fumbled through her inventory and quickly summoned the bread only to turn back to it no longer being in front of her. she turned back slowly and continued to whisper to Emerath. " what...was...that..?" her eyes stayed wide with excitement. 

Edited by Flints

Emerath had finished climbing up the mountain to the outcropping that Flints had made it to, just in time to see her pull some horns out of a bush. For a moment, Emerath's heart raced as he wondered if it was, in fact, a jackalope. But as the beast's horns came out of the bush, exposing its face, Emerath saw that it was a chocolate brown wolf with horns, and he just about lost his grip in surprise. Quickly, he scrambled up over the outcropping and rolled onto his back in the dirt, exhausted. He looked over, watching Flints fumble around in her inventory, only to see the wolf disappear back into the bushes. Emerath had wanted to say something, but between the ragged breaths he couldn't manage anything. Then Flints looked at him wide eyed wondering what it was. When Emerath managed to get enough air, he said, "I dunno... but..." he gasped a bit between his words, before continuing, "...but we should find it."

Flints chuckled at Emerath's display and walked over to him, leaning over him and smiling. "are you okay? it wasn't even that bad of a climb.." she giggled at the huge amount of pouting he was doing about having to venture to higher grounds. "well, whatever it was...i need it..." her heart was still racing as she realized just how much she wanted this fascinating creature. it certainly was right up her alley. "There must be more of them! and i must have it! do you think its friendly? what if its super aggressive?! what...if i get one..what should i name it..?" she tried her best to mask her excitement but was failing horribly. 

Emerath slowly regained his composure as he sat up and looked over at Flints who was freaking out over the encounter with the creature. As she machine-gunned questions at her, he couldn't help but shake his head and smile. "Well, I think we found the familiar you're going to get. Whatever it is." He chuckled and made his way back to his feet, brushing the dirt from himself. "It looked like a wolf, but it had horns. Maybe we should call it the wolfalope?" Emerath couldn't help but chuckle at his own poor joke, as he shook his head and tried to stifle the laugh. "So which do you think we'll get to tame first? The wolfalope or the jackalope?"

Flints giggled at Emerath's name for the creature, "Wolfalope" she whispered. She brought her hand to her chest and smiled warmly. She hated herself already for becoming attached to something she didn't even fully see. But all she could think about was the adorable wolf and it's warm eyes. "Oh no..this is bad Emerath..I think I caught feels.." She looked down at her feet and kicked at the dirt. "Hopefully we get our hands on a Wolfalope..." She pawed gently at her hood playfully, finally accepting the silly ears as a part of her armor. "Maybe I can get one of them to like me, if there's more. But I don't think they would go for bread."

Edited by Flints

Emerath stroked his chin, "Well, unfortunately bread is all we have right now... let's just focus on finding one first. Maybe we can hunt a rabbit to get one some meat along the way, how does that sound?" Emerath smiled and pointed off into the bush, "He went back into the bush, maybe there's a cave in the mountain where they make a den. We should check that out first." And with that, Emerath was off, pushing his way into the bushes, before finding himself in a damp, darkish cave in the mountain. There was light shining through the cave entrance, but there was no light in the cave itself. "Uh... hmm... it's dark in here."