[PP-F1] [[COMPLETED]] A Lull in the Storm (Elul)

Elul nodded at my statement and seemed to think about something. Before long she let herself fall backwards into the hay. We both lay there in silence for a few seconds before she turned to me and asked if she could hang out with me for the day. I sat up and nodded. "Not at all. Sounds good to me. But first..." I sat up and then stood up before I looked around. There were hardly any people in sight and the road was clear. I went to the edge of the cart and jumped out on to the ground while it continued to move. I stood behind it and called out to Elul, "Jump! I'll catch you!"

Elul froze for a second, Kou moved much faster than she expected. With a jump off the cart which she would've thought was an idiotic move if she hadn't seen him jump off a church earlier. Elul followed quickly at the promise of safety from falling on her face. Elul pushed off from the cart, launching into the air. She spread her arms as she began her descent, trying to gain air like plane and rise higher.

Needless to say it didn't work.

Elul slammed into Kou, hoping he wouldn't fall over.

I couldn't see into the cart so I didn't know what Elul would do but I figured it out when she appeared over the ledge. She quickly leaped off and spread her arms and legs like a bird. It was funny to watch, like she was trying to fly. Of course she couldn't so she fell fast towards me. She fell right to my chest and I caught her in my arms. She might've been jarred by the impact but she was pretty light so it didn't hurt me. I looked down at her and she still seemed a little nervous. "So, what does a girl like you normally do?" I asked her as I stood there with her still in my arms. It hadn't yet occurred to me that I was holding her in the classic princess position. 

Elul closed her eyes in fear, fear of crashing into Kou too hard had put her into defensive mode, covering her face with her arms, yet opening her eyes revealed she had not hit the ground. Elul recognized this position unfortunately, and in response to it her cheeks turned red. Elul shook her head, trying to get the idea of Kou being some sort of prince out of her head, she was a medic, not a silly princess!

"I- I- I like t-to j-just-st re-rel-lax." Elul's heart felt like it was trying to escape out through her back, "a-at a-a t-tea h-hous-se."

When I caught Elul she was covering her face with her arms. When she realized she didn't splat on the ground she opened her eyes and lowered her arms, but her face was quickly over taken by red. She looked up at me and quickly shook her head as if trying to get something off her mind. She barely was able to say she wanted to go to a tea house before she clammed back up again. I looked at her red face to try and guess what was wrong. "Tea house it is then." I said as I started walking. That's when I realized what I had been oblivious to earlier: I was carrying her across my arms like a princess. That explained her embarrassment, she must've felt weird being held in that position. The thought made me blush a little too. I shouldn't be going around doing stuff like that, I had someone else to think about. How would she feel? Still, I didn't mean anything by it and as I recalled I did innocent stuff like that often. I really had no bad intentions. I smiled awkwardly at her while, "Oh I'm sorry. I guess I should put you down now."

Elul didn't know how she felt about being in this... position. It was like she had two voices in her head, one saying, this is really embarrassing, I wish Koumori would just set me down now. Yet another voice was saying, let's just sit here for another hour or two. Elul was shocked at the idea of the second voice, she was revolted by it, yet, somehow the idea of just laying in his arms felt perfect. Oh god, what am I thinking, I can't let myself think things like that. Elul really wanted to roll out of Kou's arms, yet her body stopped her, all of her major muscles stopped up from the nervousness of being in his arms. And so she stayed silent throughout his question, preffering to just sit there with her eyes closed while she tried to figure out why her head was giving her mixed answers. "L-l-let-s just-st go t-to th-the t-t-tea h-h-house."

Elul made a silent promise to never tell Whit, or else she'd never hear the end of his laughter.

Elul acted strange when I asked to put her down. I swear I could almost see smoke coming out of her ears. She closed her eyes before she said anything. She didn't say anything about putting her down, just that I should go to the tea house. I thought she'd want to be let go so why didn't she say so? Her eyes were still closed so I couldn't read her that well but it didn't seem like she was angry. Well if she wanted to be carried there I didn't have a problem with it, but Glory would probably have my head if she saw. Ehh no that's an exaggeration, she's to nice to do anything like that. Why did I always end up doing things with so many girls? I needed some more guy friends. My last one dissapeared in the middle of a quest. Returning from my thoughts and back to reality, I continued walking. "Alright, if ya say so."

COMPLETE

Koumori +200 Col +1 SP

Elul +200 Col +1 SP