[PP-F1]<<Earning a living>> (Whit, Maria) [COMPLETE]

Spoiler

<<Earning a Living>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

Description: Every player, to survive in this death game, must make some form of Col. For some, they just hunt mobs. For others, they may earn a living and take up a profession. may meet During your search for a profession you meet a friendly NPC who will train you with your profession. You will have to material hunt and craft your item, or receive a free basic item from the NPC (such as an instrument or fishing rod for performers or fishermen.) Profession options and guides can be found here

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-RP can be PP or SP

-You may have assistance, however only one player may gain their profession

-Repeatable for Materials only

Rewards:

1. A title relating to your profession
  2. The ability to open up a shop
  3. 1 extra Skill Point
  4. Extra materials (rolled by GM with Loot Die upon topic completion)

EXTRA: Until 2/27/15, you have the option to SWITCH your profession by retaking the Earning a Living quest. However, if you switch professions, you lose all progress in your former profession and tools you may have used (such as a crafting needle if you were a tailor) are rendered useless to you.

All items formerly for sale in your shop related to said profession (such as smith materials if you're becoming a performer) must be sold before the switch is made (either in your old shop or to a merchant). If you had the items that you crafted as part of your personal inventory, you may keep them.

Recommended Level: 2

(I'm starting this off after the "Don't I know you?" topic)

Elul's eyes drooped as she leaned against the wall of the inn, she was in the lobby waiting for her two acquaintances to get out and help her with the quest. Elul yawned, she had no idea how she had been chosen as the one who would be helped with a quest, and she was too tired to care. Elul opened up her menu, finally coming to the realization that she could do the first part by herself. She quickly typed up a message for her sister, hitting the send button before sending a similar but slightly altered one to Whit.

Spoiler

To: Maria

I'm going to head out for the first part of the quest, all I have to do is find an npc to teach me its trade. Just use your map to find me when I stop moving for a while.

Spoiler

To: Whit

Find me after you get done doing whatever it is you're doing.

Elul stepped out of the door of the inn, rubbing her eyes to try and wake herself up. After wondering for a bit, she finally came to a tailor shop, located in one of the busiest parts of the market place. Elul stepped inside the shop, it was cool on the inside, as if the game had an A/C system in place. After taking a step forward past the doorway, an npc appeared carrying a ball of wool and a shirt she had apparently just made out with her.

"Hello ma'am, what can I do for you?"

"I- I was w-wondering if you c-could teach me how to b-be a tailor." Elul put her hands on the counter, looking up at the npc, "I-if you d-don't mind." "Why of course I don't mind, but first I'm gonna need you to collect, hmm, I guess five materials fit for sewing." Elul nodded while accepting a quest menu and heading out of the shop, taking a right to head out the nearby gate.

Edited by Elul

ID: 37543

LD: 14 (shoot, so close)

Whit sniffed the flower in his hand, everything was just so beautiful today, from the sparkling green grass to the pretty people that surrounded him daily. "Pfft, right, I think I should take control for a while, maybe put myself onto the path that won't get me killed." Whit laughed at the idea of the human race being smart for once, it was rare to find an intelligent one among the herd, yet he had somehow managed to find Elul out of three billion people, so the odds looked greatly in his favor so far. "Maybe I'll start an army" Whit mulled the idea over, "come back to the real world with trained killers." Whit didn't like the idea of player killers, especially ones that killed unfairly, choosing targets at random. The idea of killing someone was an interesting one, gouging their eyes out with the edge of his sword or tossing them off the edge of the floating castle in the sky just didn't bother him. Whit sighed, heading towards the town of beginnings to meet up with Elul after receiving her message.

Edited by Whit

"Ugh" I turned to a beeping noise, bringing my fist down on it to shut it up. "Geez" I opened my eyes, seeing an orange circle with a chat box on it.

Oh right, I'm in the game.

I tapped on the circle, finding it to be from Elul. I skimmed through it, waving it off as I sat up. "Blegh, stupid hair" I rubbed my eyes, realizing I had just insulted a peice of hair that had wondered into my mouth. I looked over Elul's bed, its occupant was just as the letter said, out doing that quest. I kicked the covers off and stretched, I seriously needed better clothes to sleep in, maybe once Elul had become a tailor I would ask her to make me some kind of nightwear. I hopped off the bed and left the inn, tossing the key to the innkeeper as I left. The town was somehow already bussling with noise as I opened my map.

"Let's see, Elul is... there." I quickly found the dot near the exits to one of the city, swiping away the map as I began my walk towards Elul.

After making my way through the market place I spotted Elul and caught up with her by picking up my speed. "Hey Elul, so what exactly are we doing. You said something about learning to be a tailor, but I don't see how I could help."

Elul heard a voice from behind, turing to see her elder sister run up to her side. Elul wasn't entirely sure why she had asked her along either, it was such a simple task that she could do it herself. "Well, it would speed things up for me if I had an extra pair of hands, I have to collect five materials fit for sewing, so anything like vines, string like items, and leather, but its nearly impossible to get leather from boars, so I'd rather focus on going around the city walls and collect vines." Elul waved for her sister to follow taking a step out of the safe zone. Elul scanned the area, beginning her search for materials.

Edited by Elul

ID: 37567

LD: 18 (Successful Mat find)

"Hola Elul" Whit spotted tge girl and her sister, running down the hill and gaining speed from the downhill momentum. Whit felt his feet snag on something, stopping his feet while his upper body flew forward. Whatever his foot had caught itself on snapped, allowing him to begin his decent down the hill quickly.

"Well... Ship"

Whit began rolling down the hill, gaining speed the further he went.

Hmm, wonder how the stocks are in the real world, wasn't Nintendo coming out with a console similar to the nervegear? Or was it Sony, certainly wasn't Sega, they went to HEFL years ago since that one game.

Whit found himself headbutting a tree, getting up with the support of said tree he looked down, discovering that a tiny vine had tripped him up. Whit picked the vine up out of habit, going back to his old rpg habits of being a horder.

Whit looked up, seeing he was suprisingly closer to Elul and Maria, so he naturally ran up to them to join them on their little quest.

Edited by Whit

ID: 37569

LD: 2

Elul watched as a familiar figure tripped and turned into a ball speeding toward a tree, he came to a sudden stop with what would've cause a concussion in the real world. Elul cringed out of habit, but the boy got up unhinged, eager as ever to do something exciting. Elul waved to the brunette as he came near, "when did you get out here?" She hadn't checked to see if Whit was in the inn, so it was possible he had snuck out before she had left her own room. Elul sighed, "anyway, for me to complete the quest I need to collect five materials to learn how to become a tailor, so we can either split up or stick together, I say we stick together in case something attacks us, then we can gang up and kill it."

Edited by Elul

ID: 37617

LD: 3

"Whoa" I watched from a distance as Whit had decided to become a human bowling ball, trying to destroy a tree with his head. Surprisingly, he got up like all that had happened was him getting attacked by a puppy. He even had enough energy to run over to Elul and me, I was taken back by this, how could this kid be so full of energy after hitting his head like that. "Geez kid, are you alright" I quickly raised the hair over his forehead to check for bruising, I was surprised to find none. Fluffing his hair back down to its natural state, "Well you seem okay, just be more careful next time."

I turned to Elul, "I think we should split up, but we should always keep each other in view, twenty yards at the most."

Edited by Maria

ID: 37624

LD: 8

"Yes, well, I say we stick together- what the heck are you doing?" Whit stared at the Woman who for some time had decided to play with his hair, "Yes, of course I'm okay, in fact I would feel great if you weren't touching my hair." Whit scrambled his hair again, letting it get to its normal messy self, "Why wouldn't I be- Oh, you don't, I see, Maria you can't feel pain In this game, all you need to worry about is whether that green bar in your vision is empty or not." Whit blew the hair out of his eyes, trying to get it back to how it was before. "Anywho, we should get going, I'd like to get this over with so I can go hunting."

Whit began walking away from the group, it had been indeed his first time out in the field, but he didn't feel fear. Scanning the field revealed nothing, much to his disappointment. Whit groaned in agony, he was already so boooooored. Maybe killing something would relieve him of this terrible feeling.

Edited by Whit

ID: 37628

LD: 8

Elul watched as Whit wandered off, scanning the area for loot to pick up. Looking down allowed her to spot nothing, so she turned her attention to Whit, who seemed already bored by the lack of "fun" that was being had. Elul looked towards one of the nearby boars, if Whit didn't find anything soon, she'd probably point him towards the boars so he could have "fun." Actually Elul walked up to him, "why don't you kill some boars?" Elul prepared her first aid skill, ready in case he needed backup.

Edited by Elul

ID: 37632

LD: 19 +1 mat (2 total)

Whit picked up a piece of Boar leather, some idiot had apparently decided to drop a good piece of leather, but hey all the better for Whit. Whit shoved it into his inventory, flicking it away as Elul came up to him. "Intresting idea Elul" his eyes locked onto a nearby boar, a sickly sweet smile forming over his face, "I do believe I may do that." He looked over, Elul was getting ready to battle, "there's no need for that, I can handle some boar by myself." Whit began laughing, giggling at the idea of killing something, "Oh man, this'll be fun."

Edited by Whit

ID: 37633

LD: 7

I reached down, picking up a rock, it looked shiny, but closer inspection was that it was wet from the dew of the morning. I sighed and tossed it to the side, my sister was talking to Whit about something, but I couldn't understand them from the distance I was from them. I sighed, when I had heard of the death counts from this game, I thought it was because there would be a lot of fighting, but now I realize the people who had died so far were just careless. So far the most dangerous thing was antagonizing someone higher than you, I could see how people might attack each other, but I couldn't see how it could be over two-thousand people could have killed each other. "Well, they do say video games can rot your brain." Whit seemed on edge, and he seemed to be staring at a boar. What's he planning to do?

Edited by Maria

ID: 37636

BD: 7 (2 damage) (-1 energy)

Whit dashed forward without warning, pulling out his sword and slicing the boar diagonally. The boar reared back in pain, squealing in fear at the idea of becoming bacon. The boar dashed forward and took what Whit considered a much longer than needed turn to come headed straight for him, Whit even raised his wrist as if to check a watch and insult Kayaba by saying, "really dude, this is the dangerous enemy everyone talked about? Really?"

Edited by Whit

ID: 37637

MD: 10 (5 damage to Whit)

Boar: 2/4 (3 base damage)

The boar snarled at the arrogant boy, rushing him while his guard was down. The boar landed a successful hit on Whit square in the gut, forcing the air to be forced out of his lungs. The boar charged off, starting to circle back for another go at Whit.

Edited by Whit

ID: 37639

BD: 7 (1 damage) (1 energy)

Elul gasped as she watched Whit get two tusks stabbed into his stomach, gritting her teeth as she pulled her dagger out. She hissed, acting unlike her normal self, "how dare you hurt my friend LIKE THAT." She charged forward jumping up into the air and slamming her dagger onto its back, riding it until it managed to successfully knock her off. She fell on her back, standing up with fury in her eyes, ready to kill this boar once and for all.

Boar: 1/4

Whit: 7/12 E: 2/3

Elul: 20/20 E: 4/5

Maria: 8/8 E: 2/2

Edited by Elul

ID: 37641

LD: 16 (1 mat gained)

I looked down at yet another wet rock, no wait, I looked down and picked up a rock that was blue, yet it looked like a teardrop. I sighed, it wasn't something that would be used in sewing, but it could always be used in designing something. I put it into my inventory, turning my attention to someone screaming in fury. I turned and saw Elul riding a boar like a bull only to get knocked on her back. I rushed over, looking her over to make sure she was okay, I drew my sword, getting ready to join in and kill this boar.

Edited by Maria

ID: 37644

BD: 6 (Boar killed) (2/3 E)

Whit watched as Elul's face contorted in rage, she had attempted to ride the boar and stab it repeatedly, but got knocked off. Whit rushed the boar, slashing at it and causing its snout to fall off and shatter, right before the rest of the boar shattered into pieces.

Whit stabbed his sword into the ground leaning on it in his tired state, "Elul, I could've taken him, he had only hit me once." Whit hid the fact that he had been shocked by how strong the boar was with an overconfident smile, still it would seem battling would have to be postponed until he could level up more, the idea of him dying in just three hits brought his temperature down, forcing a bit of laughter to escape his lips to hide his fear. "Anyway, we need to turn you into a tailor, so let's get back to work." Whit unlodged his sword and slid it back into its slot on his back, patting Elul on the head as he walked past her in search of materials.

Edited by Whit

ID: 37679

CD: 10 (First aid skill used) (Healed Whit by 1 point)

Elul's face had calmed, but the fear of Whit dying was still in her eyes. A medic bag appeared in her hand, popping it open revealed a roll of gauze, typical of a low level First aid skill. Elul went to work quickly, controlled by the system. She approached Whit rolling the gauze around his stomach, where he had been stabbed by the boar with its tusks. She finished up quickly before putting the gauze back and the back and the first aid disappearing as if it was capable of using a teleport crystal. "I say we shouldn't fight again, let's get better gear before we do it again."

Whit 8/12

Edited by Elul

ID: 37680

LD: 12

I put my sword away, glad I didn't have to intervene. Yet Elul seemed continuously worried, or atleast enough for a medic bag to manifest into her hand. Elul went right to work, patching up the two red holes in Whit, leaving him with a look similar to a warrior that had been in a battle before, I chuckled at the idea, this kid couldn't be older than sixteen, and yet here Elul was, treating that boar like it had been a suicide bomber and Whit had just saved her and required utmost care. "He's right, we need to get back to gathering." I turned my attention to the ground, looking around for any type of string like object. I sighed, there was none to be found so far.

Edited by Maria

ID: 37774

LD: 16 (Mat found) (3 mats held) (4/10 quest quota)

Whit began to walk off, only to feel something tighten around his waist. Looking down revealed Elul to be using her First aid skill and was wrapping some kind bandage around his waist, Whit lifted his arms so Elul could get a better angle at his stomach. Well, A for effort, but I don't think this will help as much as she wants it to. Whit used one of his lifted hands to pat Elul on the head, ruffling through her hair and causing it to look like chaos. "Thanks mate, that'll help in the long run." Of course it wouldn't, but the grin on his face wouldn't tell Elul that. Whit tapped his foot lightly, this was taking waaaay too long, but for trying to let Elul feel helpful he kept silent. At the sign of Elul finishing up he gave her a rushed side hug before running over to grab a vine on the ground, stuffing it into his inventory before looking for more.

Whit 11/12 (3 HP regen)

Edited by Whit

ID: 37788

LD: 9

Elul began combing her hair back into its normal place, only to have it shaken up as she was squeezed into Whit's side, Elul sighed, he didn't even bother to reply to her suggestion, so Elul natural stuck close to him to make sure he didn't enter a boar's territory. Whit had been running too fast for Elul to get a good read on when he had entered its agro, but she assumed that it was roughly a yard. Elul grabbed Whit's arm and pulled him back, pointing at a boar that had wandered dangerously close to him. "Please be more careful Whit, I'd like to make things for you once we finish this." Elul looked around, Whit's arm still in hand, making sure to keep him away from danger. Her search resulted in zero materials and a tug on Whit's arm to keep him away from a boar.

Edited by Elul