(PP-F1) New Faces (Ebony, Tenshi) [Completed]

Tenshi had been walking around the town of beginnings with a rather large smile on his face. It had been a beautiful day out, the sun high in the sky and the clouds making several formations. "Even though we are stuck in this game, I believe that we should at least make the best of it." He had continued on his way, staring up at the beautiful sky and accidentally bumped into a girl. As he had looked up, he had seen long flowing hair that had belonged to a rather beautiful girl. "H-hi…"

Edited by Tenshi

Ebony looked up from her daydreaming as someone bumped into her. Or had she bumped into them? She wasn't entirely sure, so she decided that she had better apologize just in case. "Sorry..." She mumbled, looking the newcomer over. She couldn't tell their gender, something that seemed to be becoming more and more common lately. They had a sort of girlish face, but it wasn't obvious. She decided to go with the assumption that it was a guy. The guy stuttered hi to her, just like she did when she said hi. "Hello..." She said back, not stuttering by a force of will. She was pretty shy usually. "I'm really sorry for bumping into you..." 

He had begun to stammer, embarrassment overcoming him. "N-n-no please don't apologize! Y-you did nothing wrong…" He had then picked himself up off of the ground and then extended his hand outwards towards the girl so that he could shake her hand. While extending his hand, he had also taken a deep bow so that he could ask for her forgiveness. "My name is Tenshi ma'am and I am a noble warrior who plans on defending all within this game! Pleas forgive me!"

Ebony reached out and shook his hand, not completely believe him that she had done nothing wrong. "You can call me Ebony, or Rose, whichever you prefer. I'm a healer." She said back to him, staring at his bowing, It was extremely strange, not many people bowed in greeting. She was unsure what she was supposed to do in reply, so instead she released his hand and just stood there awkwardly. "I still think it was my fault. I need to watch where im going. Still, I get the feeling if one of us doesn't accept responsibility, we'll be standing here all day." She said, smirking a little bit as she put up her facade of overconfidence. "I forgive you. Will you forgive me in return?" She asked.

Tenshi had straightened out his back and smiled at the girl. "Why of course! So your a healer huh? Thats really cool." His smile had grown wider at this point as he begins to think about all the good healers do. "Healers are the most useful people in the game, yet for some reason, nobody wants to become one." He then shrugged a bit before realizing how weird he must seem to her. "My apologies for acting so strange m'lady. It is just customary to behave in such ways in my family."

Ebony smirked at the player. Healers were certainly not the most useful in the game. They were some of the kindest though, generally giving up the glory to those people who wanted to be tanks or damage based skills, in return for the ability to help save others from death. "Healers are certainly helpful, I wouldn't know about being the most useful though." She replied in response to his comment about healers. "And as it happens im in this for the money, not to help others. That just happens to be part of the job." She said, laying bare her motives for him. She would heal for free, but the people she healed would forever be in her debt, and owe her their loyalty and trust.

Tenshi had tilted his head to the side, confused by her motives. His mother had been a doctor and she wasn't in it for the money. She was in it because she genuinely cared for others. He decides to shrug off this idea and turn his attention back to the girl standing before him. "Thats not necessarily all bad. I mean, if it weren't for you and the other healers, those who love the ones that you have saved have been spared from the loss and grief of losing a child or family member." He then had a rather large smile on his face as he closed his eyes a bit. "You are honestly probably one of the best people in the game and you don't even realize it."

Ebony continued to smirk, tilting her own head a little to the side. "Thats nice and all, but I'm a pretty terrible person. Im in it for the fame and money as I stated before. Sure, I dont want people to die, but im doing this for myself. You can think what you like, but assigning false motives to my actions isn't going to change the real ones." She stated calmly and succinctly. "And good for those people. I dont really understand the concept of grief in this game anyway. If someone dies you still have that spark of hope that their actually alive. I dont believe that you do die if you die in game, I'm just not up to risking my life to escape on the off chance that i'm wrong."

Tenshi would look down at the ground while thinking to himself about how he disagrees with her motives. He couldnt just change her though so it was best to just leave the topic alone. "So Ebony, you seem pretty experienced in the game. Would you be willing to tell me about ways to survive? Ya'know, aside from being a healer." This had caused him to laugh a little but he had stopped as he had realized how stupid his statement was.

Ebony smirk disappeared and she stared at him with a weird look on her face. She shook her head and her facial expression returned to normal. He must just be new to everything and not know how healers work. She let out a long sigh. "First off, becoming a healer is a good way to die. Healers can only heal others, not themselves unless they want to waste skill points in battle healing. Which is a dumb thing for a healer to invest in. And second, find someone you trust to form a party with. Even if your fighting easy mobs, something can always go wrong, and backup is helpful. My back up is an overpowered rapier user, but you dont need a high level backup." She explained to him.

Ryuma had listened to her words with his eyes still peeled to the ground. "I apologize if I upset you by asking that question and making that silly comment. Thank you for your advice though Ebony. Just so you know … If anything were to ever happen to you, I would be there to help you in the blink of an eye.." He then looks up and into her eyes. "I will make sure that nothing bad ever happens to you, even if you think being a healer is the best way to die! You are my friend and … I don't let bad things happen to my friends."

Ebony looked up and down Tenshi. He was a bit strange, but she didn't think it was necessarily a bad strange. "Being a healer is only the best way to die if you arent partnered up with someone. And thats nice and all, and the same goes for you. I'll rush to your aid, but not because were friends. I dont think were friends just yet." They had literally just bumped into each other on the street, and Ebony didn't make friends that easily. She needed to trust someone before she became friends with them, and she certainly didn't trust this guy. "I dont let bad things happen to my friends either, but it takes a lot for me to call someone my friend."

Tenshi had begun to nod his head. "That makes sense. Especially in a world like this where you don't know who is good and who isn't. I totally understand where you are coming from. I know that we aren't friends and all yet but … I just want you to know that I will do my best to prove myself worthy to you and worthy of your friendship." It wasnt strange for him to talk to people so blatantly and to want to make friends, but this had felt different for some reason. It was as though he truly wanted to make sure that there was going to be no harm that would come to this person.

Ebony wondered why he felt the need to protect her so badly. Maybe he felt that way about everyone he met. She ignored it and marked it down as a little quirk and nothing more. "Where were you going in such a hurry?" She asked in a more friendly manner, changing the subject. She herself hadn't been going anywhere in particular, rather, she had been wandering around deep in thought. She looked him in the eyes, her own black eyes gleaming in the sunlight from above.

Tenshi had now been thinking about it. Where had he been trying to go? Suddenly, something clicks in his brain and he remembers. "I was trying to make my way to the teleport gate so that I could head up to the fifth floor to purchase a better weapon. There is this blacksmith located on the fifth floor that people have been talking about. Apparently she owns this shop called Forged by the Sun. I just wanted to stop by and get a better weapon so that I can progress further in this game and help out others that are in need."

Ebony smiled, hearing Tenshi mention Teion's shop. She unsheathed her stiletto dagger and handed it to him to look at, handle first. The black blade looked to be made of some type of black steel, covered in splatters of dark red, giving the blade the appearance of being blood spattered. The handle was made of black ebony, and the pommel was a black obsidian stone. "This is some of her work. I have some armor ordered as well, but she hasn't completed it yet." She explained, the emblem of a black rose glittering in the center of the cross-guard.

Tenshi had held the ebony dagger in his hands very gently, admiring its beauty. "Wow … This is truly amazing!!! I had just heard of her skill before but now that I have actually seen it, I am all the more inspired and devoted to getting to her shop to have her forge me a blade!" He had a rather large smile on his face and examined every minor detail of the blade. This is truly a beautiful specimen … I love her work. After completely inspecting the blade, he had handed it back to her the same way that she had handed it to him, and then smiled a little more. "Would you mind showing me the way to the teleport gate so that I can reach her? Or at least mind telling me more about the kind of weapons and armor she has crafted?"

Ebony thought back to her order. It had been a while ago... "A whole bunch of people have ordered from her, so anything you order will likely take a while to get. You might want to commission a charm from an artisan, like me, while you wait." Ebony explained. She gathered her thoughts for a couple of moments. "If I recall, I ordered heavy armor up to my shoulder. So I have a pure black gauntlet on my hand, arm-guard with my symbol on it all the way up to my shoulder, all in pure black. Thats what I ordered. She's still working on it right now. I dont know her personally, but she seems like a nice person. I know she's made a few beautiful whips and some swords. She really has some talent. It's nothing compared to my Sis though. She's an alchemist though, so her work doesn't stay around." Ebony grinned mischeviously, pulling out a potion with a pure black liquid inside.

"That doesn't make it any less beautiful though." She said with a wink, draining the bottle. A black mist formed around her back, spreading out into a pair of majestic, pure black eagle wings. "See?" She asked, grinning widely. She was impressed with Manta's work, and she had another few potions from her stored in her inventory, each with a special effect. Together they created a very special look, but Ebony wasn't prepared to use all of the potions that required. "Her name is Manta. She's the rapier user I told you about."

Tenshi had raised his eyebrows in surprise as he had seen the mist form into wings upon Ebony's back. "That is very impressive. I hope that I can meet your sister someday. Hopefully I can gain something as amazing as that from her. Would you mind telling me more about that potion? What exactly is it? Also, if I were to have an artisan craft a charm for me, what exactly would I need it for? I apologize for asking so many questions. I am just curious to know about all these amazing things within the game."

Ebony smiled, glad that she had successfully impressed Tenshi. She folded the wings behind her. "Well, this potion doesn't do anything other than alter appearances, in this case giving me this awesome pair of wings. Potions can increase your damage, keep you from taking so much damage, help you craft more, add poison to weapons, and heal. And a bunch more, but theres just too much to explain. A charm can increase your accuracy or evasion. It can also let you craft more often or get better items wen you craft.There are a lot more things that you can do, but like with potions it would take too long to explain them." She motioned for him to follow her and started to walk to the teleport.