(PP-F1) Getting Started (Taiyo, Lilliad)

"The secret of getting ahead

is getting started."

- Mark Twain

Ah, floor one. The air was sweet and the wind was gentle, with sense of calm all around. It was a good place to set the Town of Beginnings - any player starting out in this death game would be comforted by the fact that they were starting out on a basic, not exactly life threatening floor. Ayumu sighed, closing her eyes and soaking up the sun as she leaned against a tree. She had just begun, and yet her first days here already seemed like a distant memory. She was still weak, and still needed to develop her skills, but she was getting there. Steps were being taken to advance through the floors, fight her way out, and perhaps someday make it to the front lines. Ayumu had no idea what was in store for her in the near future, but she was excited to find out.

Scanning the vast fields of the floor, someone caught her eye. It was a girl: another player, probably. She frowned a little, as she didn't recognize the person. Taking her weight off of the tree, she stood up straight, debating whether or not she should go over to the girl. Was she a high level player? Or was a player hiding out in the Town of Beginnings that she hadn't met yet. After a moment, Ayumu decided to approach the girl. Casually, she walked down the little hill she was on, going towards the direction of the player.

I wonder who she is? She thought. I guess I'll find out.

Edited by Ayumu

In a soft of trance, staring off into the artificial sun in the sky, Taiyo was no doubt shocked when another player approached her. She had been sitting on one of the many grassy hills on the floor, and looked up at the red-haired girl looming over her. "Uh, hello?" Taiyo said, a bit at loss for words. "I...didn't notice you...standing. There." Getting up slowly, she flung out her hand to this other player. "I'm Taiyo.  Nice to finally meet someone!" Then, seeming to regain her voice, the teen smiled broadly and started to fire her regular questions at the other. "What weapon do you use? I like to use my Bidenhander. What level are you? I'm still at a fairly low level myself. Do you have a guild? What are your members like?" Letting an amused giggle escape, Taiyo sheepishly waved her own questions off. "Never mind that. Sorry! Let's start with your name."

"Woah, woah, woah - slow the roll," she chuckled slightly, "one question at a time," Ayumu took the girl's outstretched hand and shook it, "nice to meet you Taiyo. I'm Ayumu. Just your average, low leveled player. I hope I didn't startle you, approaching you just now," she introduced herself, then with a thoughtful expression, "so, now to get to your questions. I use a one-handed straight sword, " swiping her hand, she opened her menu, and tapping on an item title in her inventory, the weapon materialized in her other hand, "and like I just said, I'm at a low level...just level three. As for a guild, no...I don't lead one, nor am I a part of one. I guess you're rather anxious to join one huh?" She raised an eyebrow, "in fact, lets stop talking about me. I have some questions for you. Do you have much experience, or are you relatively new to all this? What do you plan on doing while you're practically trapped in SAO against your will? Not everyone fights on the front lines you know."

Edited by Ayumu

"Well," Taiyo announced rather loudly. "First off, I am at the lowest level possible. Embarrassing, huh? I haven't really been training myself that much, just looking around the floor. I guess we are pretty similar." Shrugging, she expelled a small sigh. "Sorry. I know, I'm not that strong. But it would be a good goal to be, you know?" Tilting her head and smiling, Taiyo asked, "Do you have a goal in SAO?" Copying Ayumu, she unsheathed her Bidenhander. It glinted in the artificial light. "I want to be as strong as they come. I want to help everyone get out of this hell hole. I have a little sister to get back to." Confidently, Taiyo charged her sword, and jabbed at the air in front of her. "In here, swords are almost nothing like they are in the real world. There is no wrong way to swing it. It is all in the technique." Looking up, her face caught in the evening light, giving her a soft golden glow to match her sunlit colored hair.

"I was embarrassed too, and honestly, I still am. I haven't grown that much, but I'm getting there," she nodded, understanding, "and don't apologize for not being strong. I'm not apologizing, am I? I'm not that strong myself. It sounds like you have some good goals. Ambitious, but good. Besides, ambition is what we need in - you said it - this hell hole. I have things to get back to in the real world too. Those would include college, sport, friends, and a tournament that could possibly change my current athletic state if I were to do well in it. Honestly, right now was the worst time for me to be trapped inside a video game. Fate couldn't have picked a worse month. Despite all that, I'm sure I'll become good and experienced enough to fight my way out of here, and you as well." Ayumu sighed a little. Noticing Taiyo's comment on the sword, "you sound like you know what you're talking about concerning swords. Are you rather skilled with swords and the like back in the real world? If so, that might come in handy in here, even though it is a bit different."

Lilliad vaguely watched the two girls speak. She was lost in thought, remembering her sister. She sighed, leaning back against a tree. Slumping to the ground, she drew her sword and lay it on her lap. To be honest, she was a little lonely, but tried not to show it. "I wonder how long it will take to get back home," she mused. "I just hope I won't be dead." Lilliad bowed her head and sighed, her dark red hair falling around her face, thinking about nothing in general, but her thoughts kept flicking to her school crush. She silently scolded herself. Don't think about him! Especially here...

Edited by leviosaash

Laughing, Taiyo nodded. "Yes, I took Taijutsu classes in the real world. Of course, my membership should've been provoked by now. I've been gone so long already, it seems!" A movement in the corner of her eye caught her attention. A young red-haired girl sat under a tree, supposedly thinking hard about something. "Hey, are you okay? You look a bit...red in the face." Taiyo wondered why that was, but of course it wasn't like her to take any care as to figure it out. Turning back to Ayumu, she tilted her head. "Have you seen her around before? She looks a bit young." Narrowing her eyes with puzzlement, Taiyo kept glancing back from one girl to the next, wondering what to do. Should she walk away? 

Ayumu frowned a little bit, shaking her head,

"No, I've never seen her before. Maybe she's yet another beginner player like us. And you're right, she does look rather young," then after a pause, "let's go over and see if she's alright. I mean...you don't have to, if you don't want to, but I think I will. Being a low-level is tough, and personally, I enjoy any help I can get. Maybe she needs help." she shrugged. Ayumu walked over to the nearby tree that was shading the girl,

"Hey...sorry for awkwardly just coming up to you but...are you okay? I haven't seen you around before. What's your name?" then introducing herself, "I'm Ayumu by the way, and I hope I didn't interrupt anything. You seemed to be deep in thought about something. Is there anyone you're looking for, or something you need help with?" she asked.

This is kind of weird, just going up to anyone to say hi. She thought. In the real world, I probably would have never been this awkward...I probably would've just kept walking along, minding my own business. This game is changing me...and that's kind of worrisome.

Edited by Ayumu

Lilliad looked up at the two girls standing in front of her. She was slightly surprised, and smiled slightly, standing up. "Hi. My name's Lilliad. And no, you haven't interrupted anything." She sighed, sheathing her sword. "Nice to meet you, Ayumu. Let me guess, you're 18?" Turning to the other girl, she asked, "What's your name? Are you two friends?" Lilliad decided she liked these girls. They seem pretty nice, she thought. I hope I can become friends with them. But what if they think I'm mean, or rude, or cold, or - stop it! They're girls, only 3 and 6 years older than you, and they were kind enough to ask me if I'm alright! Uhhhh! 

Considering the young girl, Taiyo lifted her brow and smirked. " I'm B...Taiyo," she responded to Lilliad. Hearing the question that was proposed, Taiyo shook her head, making her blond locks of hair sway, and the ribbon that tied it together to slip and come undone a bit. "Well, sort of friends, I suppose. Depends on Ayumu's definition of 'friends'. I assume that you're pretty young, right? What brought you here to SAO?" Reaching around her head to fix the red ribbon, she sighed and flicked it around, trying to get it comfortably tied again. Tightening the knot, Taiyo looked back at the new people she had just met. Nice folks, I suppose. At least they aren't red players. Don't want to get mixed with the wrong crowd. I wonder about this Lillaid though. Is she a good fighter?

"Nice to meet you as well," Ayumu gave her a small nod, "and I'm 19, actually...but that's not important," then, with a small laugh, "well, Taiyo and I just met a few minutes ago, but I don't see why we couldn't be friends," she grinned and gave a shrug. Then, scratching her chin a little in thought, asked, "are you a beginner player like us? Or are you another high-level player who's decided to chill out on floor one today? I'm at level three, and I believe Taiyo here is at level one. So, if you are at a low level, you're in familar company. Don't look so nervous!" Ayumu encourged Lilliad, her intuition aiding her to clearly read the girl's expression. "And to double Taiyo's question - what brings you to SAO? Personally, I'm here because I'm a rather too avid gamer. Who knew I'd end up getting stuck here, eh?" She tried to keep a humorous attitude while saying the latter, but her face fell a little. "Ah...oh well," then shaking her head a little, as if trying to shake the downcast-ness of of her countenance, "anyways: tell us a little about you, Lilliad."

Lilliad giggled. "Hi, Taiyo. Nice to meet you too. Well, I'm level 1. I think." She rubbed her neck uncertainly. "I think. Anyway, I came here to, well, um, because I wanted to practise my fighting skills in an actual game with my sister. I also love games too." She smiled. "I'm 12. Everyone here seems so big and tall and mature and so much older than me. Players here are like, 40!" She exclaimed, flapping her arms about. "And I bet they're like, level 5 million! I'll never get there! And they're probably battling bosses on the frontlines like a pro and I'm just sitting here doing nothing not even practising like I was going to but instead not doing anything and I have like no health and don't even know how to swing my sword properly and it's sooooo big and the world is amazingly cool and I have no idea what I'm saying!" She clapped her hands to her head. "Sorry. Well, back to what I was saying, before my, uh, rant, my mother was an assassin, so she taught me a little bit about fighting, so I'm practising here. Well, I was supposed to."

Taiyo laughed loudly, covering her mouth with one hand. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I feel so weak down here. I actually came here to get away from my crazy life, and do the only thing I actually enjoy; fighting with a sword. Hence the name, I guess." Then, hearing that last bit about Lilliad's family, she widened her eyes and tilted her head. "Your mom was an...assassin? What an odd job. What was it like?" Becoming gentler suddenly caused Taiyo's facial expression to change quite drastically.

"I don't think 'level five million' is possible, but still, I get what you're saying," Ayumu chuckled, "I'm pretty sure all of us low-levels feel the same way as you do. Its not easy, we're new to it, and yet there's so many tough players. You'll get there one day: we all will, I'm sure. Don't let it daunt you." Then, her eyes widening like Taiyo's, and her jaw almost dropping to the ground, "your mom was an assassin? Wait, wait...you mean like...a legit assassin? You know...doing...assassin things...like that? Dude! And I thought my mom was cool, working for Nintendo and and all!" she exclaimed, "are you like some secret assassin too, even though you're young?"

Edited by Ayumu

Lilliad smiled. "Thanks. And yes, my mum was a legitimate assassin. She worked for a guy who paid her quite a bit, and she loved doing it. But one day, the dude decided assassins needed too much money, which was only like fifty dollars max a year, and....." She hesitated, gritting her teeth. "betrayed her. He spread the word that the secret assassin was a mother, living on the edge of town. Then they took her to the firing squad." It took all her effort to not break down, but Lilliad still started shaking. Composing herself, she continued. "I'm not an assassin though. I just use a sword. Swinging it lets me release my emotions."

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: I know Taiyo takes the next post, but I want to keep this thread going. :3)

She listened with at first interest, then sympathy. As Lilliad started to shake a little, Ayumu winced, feeling bad for asking her about the details. Placing a hand on the girl's shoulder, quietly said,

"Hey...I'm sorry for bringing it up. That really sucks," there was a pause, as she tried to think of something else to say, "so...since we pretty much have the size of a small party, wanna go do something? You know...like maybe some hunting, or material searching...we could even just chill out in the Town of Beginnings. I mean...there's nothing else to do. Might as well actually have a little fun, right?" Ayumu smiled, hoping she could cheer the girl up. She had no idea Lilliad had endured so much...and she felt the need to reach out to her.

Edited by Ayumu

(OOC: Same here. Might as well post anyway.)

Lilliad smiled gratefully at Ayumu. "It's alright." Her expression brightened when she suggested to do something. "Oooh! Can we try hunting? You can teach me!" She bounced up and down, acting like a four-year-old. "Please? I've seen other players do it, and it looks fun! Please?" She looked at Ayumu and Taiyo with pleading eyes.

"Okay," she nodded with a smile, "lets go find some boars, or other easy beasts to hunt. Maybe we'll even find one that will drop some loot! Also, if either of you use one handed straight swords, I have both the Annela Blade, and one that I made myself of perfect quality - meaning it has three enhancement slots."

They began walking as a group, and it didn't take long for them to run into a few boars. Looking at their health bars, they all seemed relatively standard, with a max HP of four. Equipping Hellfire, Ayumu turned to the other two.

"Alright, who wants to give the first whack to one of these? I have a health potion in my inventory, just in case either of you need it. I think you two should have enough energy to at least do a simple Sword Art."

Ayumu: HP: 12/12, EN: 3/3

Lilliad: HP: 4/4, EN: 1/1

Taiyo: HP: 4/4, EN: 1/1

Boar 1: 4/4

Boar 2: 4/4

Boar 3: 4/4