[OP-F1] The Wanderer (Limit: 2/3)

"You're right, miss Fujikawa- it does bear an uncanny resemblance to Hideji Castle, that it does," said Kenshin, setting loose a violet stare upon sunny skies. In the unrestrained light, his eyes scrunched narrower, until he was all but squinting. Even then, he found himself looking up at nothing more than an incoherent blob of a cloud. But if this young lady were able to salvage a castle from this sight, then perhaps he'd just have to start trying harder. He lowered his gaze back to the woman, offering her both a nod and a smile. "If our swords were as sharp as your eyes, then perhaps we'd already be out of here, wouldn't you agree?" he asked, sweeping from side to side the broom clutched loosely between his hands. She giggled, as lightly and airily as the breeze which had carried the tone to his ears.

~

The vibrance of the day was, by now, beginning to wane. Kenshin bowed his head as the woman heaped upon him words of praise and gratefulness. The whole building was spotless from top to bottom, the backroom freshly restocked, and the shop as close to sparkling as wood would allow. Bidding his goodbyes, he turned to leave, only to be stopped dead in his tracks by the scruff of his kimono. "Huh?" voiced the swordsman, as he cast a glance behind him. As luck would have it, Fujikawa had grown a fondness for this carefree lifestyle, and seemed unwilling to part with it just yet. And so she dragged him back inside, the front door slamming shut behind them.

~

Finally, it had happened- Fujikawa had drifted off into a deep slumber, if the sudden absence of snoring was any indication. Strapping his sheath to his hip, he tiptoed through the hallways, treading particularly lightly on his way past the young lady's quarters. As he arrived at the main room, Kenshin quickly spotted the exit through the inky darkness, when he heard what sounded awfully like someone clearing her throat... 

And, of course, it was her- plopped down in a recliner sitting in the corner of the room. Like lightning, Kenshin sped across the room, and his hands were clutched tightly around the knob a mere moment later. The bronze rattled wildly as he fumbled it, and he heard footsteps moving closer behind him. Finally, the door popped open with a click, and he raced right on through with godlike speed. "I'M SORRY MISS, FUJIKAWA," yelled Kenshin, without nary a backward glance. "THAT I AM!"

He ran for quite some time, until he could no longer feel the weight of her stare.

Edited by Kenshin

Brushing a hand through raven black tendrils, Opal had found pace in her footing when she had arrived at the teleport plaza of floor one. She had not been here for a long time, normally staying on the mid floor levels to hunt and train. But she was always brought back to the cheery starting town as this was the most applicable of places to find decent items in shops. If that's all that they were, decent. In colors of the Blood Oath, Opal walked with mellow ease and attention to her forefront when her eyes had spot a vision of something that reminded her of her training, a man dressed in a kimono? It was nothing ornate or special to look at, but the way her carried himself through a hurried pace made her wonder, but eventually his footing had also slowed to a normal pace as she kept a distance from him. 

It was rare to see someone wearing such a style of garb here. Not that she minded the taste of the long haired gentleman, but she admired the style since she took had become one with the laws of Bushido. Was he also a practitioner, perhaps a small test to gather more intel on his flavor. He could very well just be another poser. Quickening her step to catch up to the young man, Opal made no effort to make contact with him, instead she blended in with the crowd around him as he walked, following him closely and keep sharp amber eyes on him not to lose him amongst the rambling flow of the public. She folded her arms over her chest, while the sheer white and red curtain of fabric wrapped around her waist seemed to billow as she walked, noting the absence of weapon on her person and double noting the one on the player. 

The first test..."Sumimasen!" her accent wasn't Japanese but rather American, and while she was given a brief and quick sense of the language day to day by her late Master Myoga, she knew well enough how to pronounce the words. The test was if he would understand, of course..this player could easily enough ignore her for being American, or ignore the fact she may not be talking to him directly, or could be that she was the intended posee and he would not even begin to acknowledge her. This was a MMORPG after all...who knew how many of those anime freaks littered the game. Very well, she could be one of those freaks. 

I had been tending to my shop for most of the day. Being trapped in exile, it had been a good month since i had been anywhere near my shop. I had been able to fix most of the shelves. The inventory was still here, more or less. When i had come back. Windows were shattered and everything was in chaos on the inside. However, through the chaos didn't claim my companion which i left behind, Khepri. So, after i mended one of the last shelves, i decided that it was time for me to get out of here and do something productive. So, i went to the back. I got my rapier, Transcendence, and put on my robes. But, whilst I was looking, I found something that offset me. It was the robes of the guild that I was in. One that had fallen into shambles. I couldn't find any of its one existing members. Still, i grabbed the robes and put them on. There was no hurt in reliving the good times, which was something that i needed to do to a very high degree.

Khepri jumped on my arm and we were out the door. I traveled around town for a little bit of my time. But, it wasn't long for me to find a place that interested me. It was a cafe. I sat outside, and enjoyed the coffee which i just ordered. I saw a crowd come by, which wasn't out of the ordinary. But, three words instantly caught my interest. It wasn't the three words as much as it was a voice. The voice was feminine. I had heard this voice once or twice before. I started to scan the crowd, but found nothing. i continued to watch. Hopefully these words would call the attention of someone or thing. One of them was what i can only decipher to be Japanese, a language that i'm not proficient in. So, i just sat back an waited for something interesting...   

Both Horunka village and the forest which surrounded it were far behind him, and he found himself wondering just how long he'd been walking. No longer was he surrounded by a measly handful of meager huts and the humblest of abodes, but instead, a sprawling city stretched far and away into the horizon. With a more casual glance, the view was almost reminiscent of a town he'd once called home.

A breeze stirred the bundle of fiery locks which poured past his shoulders, but hair was not the only thing the whooshing current had rustled. His ears twitched as they picked up on the sounds of footsteps which had drifted his way on the wings of a gentle tailwind. Traveling in the midst of a crowd, naturally, it was by no means unusual to hear the sounds of others going on about their days. And yet, one tended to pick up a finer appreciation for subtleties of all kinds when a fuller awareness had so often meant the difference between life and death.

Without turning his head, Kenshin angled a glance at the window of an upcoming shop. There, in the glassy reflection, he saw it- or rather, he saw her. With her golden gaze trained on none other than himself, it seemed likely that this was the woman to which those footsteps belonged. Footsteps were naturally permitted in open spaces such as this, but the sudden change in pace, followed by a more consistent one in step with his own had given rise to old suspicions.

His features softened, as a feminine 'sumimasen' was uttered behind him, and he spun around. Blinking slowly, his eyes darted left and right before finally falling upon those of the amber-eyed woman, as if by chance. "Ohayou gozaimasu," said Kenshin, stepping aside. He nodded at her, and a smile came to his lips.

Attention was brought to her with a kind words in return spoken more fluently than her own. So the boy appeared to be more immersed in the language than herself, to which she figured he was the real deal to wear the kimono which hugged his body. Smiling with ruby lips, pearly whites bit down on the flesh of the lower as her eyes shifted to the right and up, "[censored]...what did he say? Morning? Ugh...Ohayou gozaimasu..." she attempted to repeat the same word back, only a bit more choppy than her more fluent of sumimasen. 

"Ugh, well, you caught me. I'm not nearly as fluent as you are. I don't see too many people walking around in kimonos these days. Perhaps one other player that I may have known, but his name isn't triggering. Anywho, excuse me for interrupting your morning stroll. I had no intention of chasing after you, but I was rather curious of you as the individual. Did that come out as creepy? I mean, that...Well, I studied Bushido from my Master here and trained specifically in Iaido. I figured we might have some common ground to talk or something? Its not every day that I get to enjoy the company of a more...Sophisticated class of men. Ugh...I hope he doesn't think I am hitting on him now." Internal thoughts had scattered Opal's brain as she casually folded her arms over her bosom, she didn't mean to stare at his clothing choice, but she was genuine in the fact that she would like to have an opportunity to speak with him so more.

"Would you by chance like to have a drink with me and have a chat? I'd enjoy learning more about you. Smooth, not at all creepy, Opal. Not. One. Bit.

I continued to drink the coffee that I had ordered and scan the crowd to see who had said the words that piked my interest. Like said, the language was foreign to me, but I could tell it definitely had Eastern influence. Eventually, I heard another voice respond. It was also in the same language...and i couldn't understand a lick of it. The feminine voice then responded, with her earlier accent fading. Then, she swapped her language to English. She was obviously flustered. I cracked a smile at the situation that I was hearing. The flurry of words may have caught me up if I were in the gentlemen's shoes. She barely gave him chances to engage in conversations. Probably just trying to set everything straight. Then, she suggested for her and the gentlemen to go and "get a drink and chat". The gentleman, who, to note, was wearing a strictly odd article of clothing. But what the hell did I know. Tastes will vary on everything everywhere. The two would probably agree on getting, drinks. I took notice that the closest restaurant/ cafe was the one that I was attending. I took another drink of my coffee and continued to scan the crowd to find the individuals...