[PP-F3] <<Worn Out Welcome>> (Greg Baxen)

Here she was in Delilah Village. She had to say... This village truly was remarkable. She had never set her eyes on so many different dandelions crowded so perfectly in the same area and she could probably admire the flowers all day if she could. However, this was not the time and day for this... In fact, there would probably never be a time to waste watching flowers. She was here to accept a quest that she had missed when she was still on this floor. Indeed, it was a quest that was used to help new players obtain a piece of uncommon armor that would help them level up faster in the world of Aincrad. Still, she was pathetic at dealing damage and the Dark Elf that she was supposed to kill was rumored to have around 9 damage... That was too much for her to go on this quest by herself and hence, she needed a partner... Someone with decent damage and decent mitigation and not someone way too strong for a quest as simple as this. She soon sat down on a nearby bench and while thinking about who to pick for this quick, easy quest as she stared at the European-styled buildings that held variety around the town. Indeed, this was actually the first time that she's been on the third floor and she had to say, this might be the best floor that she's ever been to. In fact, the beauty of this floor was simply dazing for her. Soon, as she filed names across her brain, she realized that she hadn't talked to Greg for quite a while now and it would be nice if they were indeed to do a quest together. The sun was high in the air and NPCs were already rising and doing what they need to do. Shizuka smiled before opening up her menu, clicking a few buttons, and sending out the PM for Greg's help.  Now I shall wait and admire the beautiful sky and nature that is unpolluted and safe from human influence

Edited by Shizuka

Greg was searching for Shizuka to get over his particuarly nasty encounter with The Gemini which ended in Greg undergoing mental turmoil, when suddenly, he got a message from the very girl he was searching for. She needed help with <Worn out Welcome>, a quest which Greg had already done. Greg figured that he could do that, even in his currently not-so-good mental state, so he came down to floor 3 and searched for his crush. If one were to look closely they could see that something's bothering him, but he kept it in, not wanting to make a scene in public. Finding Shizuka, he approaches her. "You needed help, Shizuka?" he asked.

Shizuka smiled when Greg managed to reach her within a few minutes after she sent out the PM. "Yes, Greg. Thanks for coming. I really should've completed this quest earlier, but I guess that it doesn't matter now. I might as well complete it since I'm here. Anyway, we're supposed to go kill a rather weak Dark Elf with only twelve health but the thing is, she has nine damage and I can't exactly handle that. Nevertheless, I figure you could probably help me out with this quest and take some of the hits while I heal you. As a healer, I really can't heal myself thus I need your assistance for this quest. The Elf should take no more than half the day so if we go find her right now, we should be able to beat her in no time and have some material gathering time." Shizuka said, explaining her plans for the day. Indeed, it was going to be a rather carefree day, just a day of relaxation while clearing a very simple quest that she had forgotten to complete earlier. Honestly, she had no need for the armor that was to be provided as a reward, she was here only for the skill point that she would achieve as result. Shizuka smiled before equipping her Blossom Cloak and standing up from where she was sitting. "Let us go now and finish this in due time," Shizuka said a cheerful, warm smile. After a while of walking, Shizuka and Greg soon reached the area in which they were supposed to kill the Dark Elf and there she was. Dark skinned and wearing a crown. Of course, she had long ears, just like all the Elves that were in other MMO RPG games. With a sigh, she decided that she would let Greg attack first given that he has more mitigation and stats used for damage dealing. "Alright. I think you should attack first Greg, let's get this over with." Shizuka said.

(OOC: Check out the tutorials, there is a change in the leveling system again regarding SP-Level. I dropped from level 15 to level 14 so be sure to check your level and my health is 56/56 instead of 60/60 like it says on my signature)

Greg was still worried about his thoughts while fighting the Gemini, but he was going to tough it out for Shizuka's sake. "Alright, I'll do my best." Greg says, as he engages the Dark Elf. His sword glows and he lunges forwards using <Vorpal Strike>!

ID: 38686

BD 1: Crit Fail...

Greg's attack goes wide and he ends up crashing into a tree, getting his <Anneal Blade> stuck! In return, the Dark Elf lunges, prepared to bury its own blade in Greg's body... it stabs towards Greg's head...!

MD 2-3=-1 Failure.

Greg ducks out of the way, brings his blade out of the tree, and jumps away from the Elf. "Ugh, what am i doing?" Greg mutters under his breath. He let himself be distracted by his thoughts... he really needed to get them out of his head.

ID: 38743
Battle Dice: 1
Sword Art <<Vertical>> Activated

Shizuka smiled with comicalness. Indeed, Greg had been careless to allow his sword to become stuck in the tree as he attacked the mob. However, soon, she shut her mouth up before realizing that the sword was probably not going to come out. The Dark Elf was fully concentrated on the boy and Greg was just not going to deal ANY damage without that sword. Shizuka frowned before raising up her defender sword. There was nothing for her to heal and perhaps she would be able to inflict a status condition or two on the Dark Elf if she was able to become lucky on this strike. Nevertheless, you never know unless you try. As she charged forward towards the Dark Elf who was staring at Greg, she made sure to yell, "Greg! Go get that sword out of that tree! You would probably need it." Shizuka said, causing the Dark Elf to realize that there was an attacker trying to deal damage to her. Immediately, the Dark Elf turned around, distracted from Greg and prepared to dodge this attack. Indeed, the Elf was one fast mob. It managed to move out of the way just enough to avoid the tip of the blade. Shizuka cursed as she had missed, but it didn't matter. She had successfully distracted the mob from Greg and hence, Greg should be able to pull out the sword which was stuck in the oak tree nearby.

HP List
Greg Baxen: 
48/48
   Energy: 10/12
      Hate: 0

Shizuka: 60/60
   Energy: 13/15 (-2)

Enemies:
Dark Elf: 
12/12
   Damage: 9

Edited by Shizuka

Greg raised an eyebrow. "Uh, I already did that." he says, showing his <Anneal Blade> NOT embedded in the Tree Trunk.  "Did her attention lapse for a second?" Greg pondered, before shaking his thoughts out of his head again and lunging again, this time swinging his blade down in an angle to slice through the Elf's shoulder.

ID: 38750

BD 2: Failure.

Luck was not on Greg's side today as his swing went wide. Greg frowned. "Oh, great. This is like that time I did <Breaking the Unbreakable>." he grumbled. "On top of the already borderline traumatizing encounter I had with <The Gemini>" he muttered, anguish visible on his face for the shortest amount of time before he recomposed himself. However, in this brief moment the Elf lunged.

MD 9: Critical Hit! +1 Damage!

The blade flew towards Greg... and bounced off of his armor, depleting Greg's health a very minute amount. Greg didn't even notice he'd been hit until he recomposed himself.

Greg Baxen: 47/48 HP, 9/12 EN.

Shizuka: 60/60 HP, 13/15 EN.

Dark Elf: 12/12 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

ID: 38769
Crafting Dice: 8+2=10
Skill <<First Aid>> Activated

Shizuka knew even though the Dark Elf had managed to strike only one health upon Greg, she hadn't used her first aid skill yet and she is really looking forward to using it. "Yeah. Sorry, my mind is kind of confused after doing that Gemini quest encounter on the sixth floor. It was a really weird experience given that some random NPC just came to see if I wanted to duel." Shizuka said with a warm, lovely smile. She then activated her first aid skill with confidence knowing that she was a decent healer with her first aid skill. With a sigh, she went over to Greg and prepared the skill. Soon, her hands glowed and when she placed the hand upon Greg's back, his health went up instantly. The red beam had magically healed Greg and refreshed him. Shizuka hoped that the skill would not only health him physically but also allow him to come to his senses and actually start hitting the Dark Elf. She went back, having done her job to watch as the fight continued to unfold between her eyes. She clutched her fist nervously. 

HP List
Greg Baxen: 
48/48 (+1)
   Energy: 9/12 

Shizuka: 60/60
   Energy: 14/15 (+1)

Enemies:
Dark Elf: 
12/12
   Damage: 9

Edited by Shizuka

"You too?" Greg asked, in a voice which sounded somewhat disturbed. "My encounter with <The Gemini>... let's just say I really need to talk about it after this is done... I had a few thoughts there which absolutely terrified me..." Greg says, shuddering at the memory of it. his face paling for a moment. He then saw his health bar go up, and, when he checked, he saw Shizuka apply her <First Aid> to him. Greg forced a small smile out, before turning and closing his eyes. Opening them, he unleashed his <Concentration> skill, readying to hack this Dark Elf to pieces. His Sword glowed as he underwent the motions for <Horizontal Square>.

ID: 38773.

BD 8: Hit! (5x4x1=20 damage)

The Dark Elf didn't last long at all. Greg's <Horizontal Square> struck at the elf at four different angles, and upon the fourth hit, the Elf's upper body became seperated from its lower body shortly before it disintegrated into a flurry of pixels, which disappeared quickly. Greg sheathed his <Anneal Blade>. "That settles that..." he muttered, before his eyes widened, and he felt a shiver down his spine. Knowing what was coming, Greg moved towards a nearby tree and begun leaning on it, as his legs begin shaking due to the terrifying thoughts returning. "Oh god. Not again..." he mutters as he falls to his knees. Greg was shivering in raw terror as the thoughts invaded his mind again. Two thoughts... One of him becoming a cold-blooded killer with no regard for human life, and the other of his hesitation and soft heart leading to Shizuka's death. BOTH terrified him. "Why am I getting these thoughts again?!" he barely got out under his rapid breathing. If one looked, they could clearly see that Greg was scared about something.

Greg: 48/48 HP, 3/12 EN.

Shizuka: 60/60 HP, 14/15 EN.

Dark Elf: DEAD. 

Edited by Greg Baxen

Shizuka smiled as Greg had managed to successfully defeat the Dark Elf with a nice piece of attack that looked like it was done with complete ease. She had completed yet another quest and she had to thank Greg for it. Indeed, this quest had been completed in quite a fast fashion, allowing Shizuka and Greg if he wanted to, plenty of time for some nice material gathering. Just as she was going to go over to Greg to tell him how much of a help he had been, the boy went to the ground onto his knees. Immediately, Shizuka could tell that something was wrong. The boy seemed awfully depressed... It was as if his personality had changed completely from what he usually was... cheerful, excited, always willing to help others. He had just fallen to the ground, like that... as if something was weighing him down. With her instincts, she immediately ran over to blonde boy, almost tripping on a rock on her way there, she soon stood before Greg as he just continued to sit there. Shizuka honestly did not know what to do. She didn't want to make the wrong move and cause the boy even more troubles. However, she couldn't just stand there and watch as the boy suffers... Finally, Shizuka had made a decision, she would try and comfort the boy and talk to him. She sat down on the ground next to the troubled Greg before moving her mouth and starting to speak, "Are you ok? What's wrong? If there's anything you want to share, be sure to share with me... Does this have to do with that Gemini quest you have just talked about? Everything's going to be okay." Shizuka finished... Trying her best to comfort him and make him feel well.

Shizuka tried to comfort Greg. Greg spoke. "The doppelganger exhibited somewhat human-like behaviour, which gave me a terrifying thought- what if i become a cold-blooded killer, with no regard for human life? That thought terrified me. But at the same time, my hesitance to finish it off gave me a more terrifying thought than becoming a cold-blooded killer... What if, due to my soft heart and hesitance to kill, I end up losing someone... you, for example?"  he said quietly, before continuing. He was gonna have to come clean with everything including a particularly touchy subject, so he mentally prepared himself for what he was going to say next.

"I don't know if you know this already, but I love you, Shizuka. You're a really kind person, with a very pure heart and a good head on your shoulders, and I just couldn't help falling in love with that. You're also quite pretty too, which helps." Greg said, coming clean about his feelings for the pink-haired girl. "And that just makes my thoughts all the more terrifying... what if my hesitance ends up getting you, the woman I love, killed? I don't think I could live with myself if that happened. Just the sheer thought of it instils raw terror in me. I don't want to lose you." he said. "I've been trying to bottle the terror up but it's just been getting worse and worse..." He continues. "And I don't think I can take it for much longer. That distraction I suffered when we were fighting the Dark Elf? That was the thoughts going through my head. My legs begin to feel weak. My breathing accelerates. You get the idea- you're seeing it now. And I just want it to stop... I don't want to live in fear of myself, and what I might cause to happen to you." Greg finishes. At this point he looks like he could just burst into tears with all of this pressure on him, and what he just let out. His voice was beginning to crack, too.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Honestly, Shizuka wasn't surprised. She had already figured out that the blonde boy indeed had some kind of interest in her... However, she did not know how to react to this series of comments. She tried to remember what the movies were like regarding romances, but she knew that it would be pointless as she is completely aware of her romantic inabilities. Nevertheless, she had to do something as she could just bear having someone suffer in front of her. Shizuka sighed as she decided to accept the man's crush on her. "Greg. Don't worry about me..." Shizuka said as she came closer to the man who was stilling kneeling on the ground. However, she had to think about what she would say before continuing to speak. "I have plenty of protection from the Brigade..... There won't be any danger to me. If anyone should worry about danger, you should be the one... But don't worry, I'll always be there for you, Greg. Whenever you need me, you can count on me to be there." Immediately, Shizuka blew her hair from her face in order to clear the pinkness from her hair. She faced the boy before grabbing onto him and offering shelter to him with a hug. "Everything will be okay, Greg.... Don't worry about me. Forget those thoughts." Shizuka said as she patted the back of the blonde man. 

Greg looked as Shizuka started to comfort him some more. He thought for a moment, before realizing that what Shizuka said is in fact true... even if Greg couldn't protect her, she'd still be safe, under the protection of powerful players like Zelrius. That brought a lot of comfort to him, and the other side of it, about him becoming a cold-hearted killer, was washed away when Shizuka claimed she'd always be there for him.

Then Shizuka hugged him. He wasn't sure what to do, but eventually decided on the course of action he was going to take. He slowly, but surely returned the hug. Greg's smile returned. "Thanks, Shizuka. I really needed that. I feel much better now. I guess I worried over nothing, huh? There's still an issue at hand, though..." Greg's heart was racing like crazy right now, he could feel heat rising to his cheeks rapidly... and was he looking through rose-tinted goggles? He coulda sworn that he was seeing the area around him being Pink- that was probably just him, though. He was currently in a hug with the woman he loved- and he decided that he wanted to remove all doubt as to his feelings, in case of the minute chance that Shizuka misunderstood what he was saying... so Greg decided there was only one thing he was going to do next. Inwardly, he gulped, then closed the distance between his face and Shizuka's...

Overcoming his shyness and social awkwardness, He took the initiative. He kissed her. Greg kissed Shizuka. Was he thinking straight? Probably not. Was he worried if Shizuka would react badly to it? Yes. Did he regret kissing her? Nope. Not at all. Greg actually found it strange- he'd never been romantic before, and he'd never thought of himself as one to take the initiative. And yet, here he was, taking the initiative and kissing Shizuka- a kiss being one of the most romantic gestures possible. 'I guess love does that to people.' he thought.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Shizuka gulped as she was suddenly kissed by Greg after spending a bit of time in a hug. Honestly, Shizuka had never really wanted to discover a relationship in Aincrad. It was just a video game after all and the probability and she and Greg would meet up in real life was beyond low. Either one of them could face the possibility of death and they probably lived miles away from each other. However, she allowed the moment as it lasted. She would engulf the boy in the kiss and she closed her eyes, savouring the moment in which she would obtain her first kiss. Soon, after the kiss was over, Shizuka said, "Well, now that that is settled... You need to start leveling up more... How can I trust someone that low leveled? If you want, we can start doing more quests together." She finished with a wink. Indeed, the relationship had been settled. The kiss was the seal of approval. With a sigh, Shizuka stood up from the ground. "I guess there'd be no point for material gathering after that moment eh? It's almost night now. Want to go to a restaurant for a nice, good dinner?" Shizuka asked. Perhaps this could be considered the "first" date. However, she did indeed know a traditional restaurant that would suit the situation like the current one. It served many food items and was very romantic as far as she could tell but of course, she was not exactly an expert. Shizuka lifted grabbed onto her hair and organized it before tying it all into a long, pink ponytail. The third floor really wasn't the greatest for scenery, however, the night sky was one that could be admired by all in all floors... Well except when there are no stars... Shizuka thought before proceeding to look at Greg, wondering what his decision was.

Greg waited for a moment before realizing that Shizuka had allowed the kiss to go through. 'Does that mean... she likes me back?' Greg wondered. Greg scratched his head after the kiss ended. "Yeah, i understand. I'm not THAT far behind you, though. And as I said to you the first time we met, I'd love to go questing with you any time. Even more so now that we're... y'know, together." he affirmed. He caught the wink and smiled. "I could go for a good dinner. I mean, we are a couple now, right?" he quipped. "I'm fine if you're okay with it. I mean, I've never been one for romance or that kind of stuff so this is all so new to me. I don't know what's standard and what's not but I get the gist and that's that I'm supposed to make you happy. So, if it makes you happy, I'm okay with it. I mean, the only thing I know for certain is that I'm in love with you." Greg said. 'Yes! She returned the feelings!' he thought, happy that he and Shizuka were now a couple. Greg had completely forgotten why he'd been so scared in the first place. Standing up, he took Shizuka's hand. "Well, lead the way." he said, winking at Shizuka.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Shizuka smiled as Greg seemed to have calmed down a lot having given her the kiss. Indeed, she would accept the boy's love for her and treat him as a lover even though she really isn't the most romantic of players out there. However, plans for the future was too early to be discussed at the moment. Right now, she would just concentrate on the present. She would enjoy life while slowly becoming stronger and stronger at a steady pace. "Alright. Let's go then!" Shizuka said, raising the mood with a very cheerful passage of speech. Soon, she led Greg into the village of Delilah. It was a really well designed place... she had to acknowledge the fact that these buildings are indeed one of the most elegant and beautiful cities in the whole of Aincrad. The place was filled with old-styled European buildings laid out in careful precision. Unlike most other villages, Shizuka's OCD wouldn't be activated here as everything was way too organized... Even more organized than her shop and her life was. At least it would be better than not being organized at all. Soon, Shizuka reached the restaurant that she's been to once in her life. It was a very dim place... instead of lights, candles were placed at every table above a small white tablecloth. Soon, Shizuka walked in while holding Greg's hand. Perhaps this relationship really would come to a good thing as Shizuka had never felt this warm inside since her time in Aincrad... and she enjoyed the moment. With a smile, she sat down on a chair before opening the menu. "These food really are very expensive but the food really is nice. Plus, the environment is lovely. Don't you agree?" 

Greg whistled as he viewed the scenery. "I can tell. It looks amazing!" Greg said enthusiastically, before sitting down, looking at the menu and deciding what to order. He didn't want to press too much on Shizuka's resources but at the same time he didn't really have much money, as he wasn't doing many quests and he wasn't part of a guild like Shizuka was. He did, however, ask Shizuka a question while looking through the menu. "Say, do you have a shop anywhere? Because I'm actually considering starting up a Blacksmithing Shop, and I thought I could set up my shop close to yours." he said to his pink-haired lover. "And I was thinking we could work together as shopkeepers as well as questing together. For example, If one of us needs materials and the has spares, we could share materials." Greg stated, before eventually deciding on the most expensive thing he could afford without having to rely on Shizuka. She had the courtesy to bring him here, after all, so he couldn't just ask more of her. That would be selfish.

Edited by Greg Baxen

"Indeed!" Shizuka said with excitement as she heard that Greg was planning on obtaining a shop and make it next to hers. Of course, she was more than happy to have his company every day. With a voice that she thought might have attracted too much attention in the dim, quiet restaurant, "Yeah, I have an alchemist shop that is located on the first floor. I might actually leave that floor and move it up a few floors when necessary but for now, I shall keep it there... We can go on different quests, adventures, and material gathering sessions more easily that way!" Shizuka said. "Later on, I'll show you to my shop... Oh, have you done <<Earning a Living>> yet? That's the quest you have to finish in order to obtain your profession." Shizuka explained. However, she was thinking about a different thing at the moment. She considered Blacksmith one of the most common professions and almost everyone wanted to become one of that profession and really, it was a good choice... However, it would be extremely hard for Greg to have plenty of businesses as there were already plenty of good blacksmiths... If he continues to work hard then he shall have success.  She thought. The best thing she could have was for her other part to be happy even if she, herself was not. However, this was way ahead in the future as well... but if everything goes according to plan, soon they shall complete <<Saying a Vow>> and hence become truly a couple of Aincrad. Shizuka then picked out a salad bowl before ordering it from the waitress that had come to their table. With a sweet voice, Shizuka said in politeness, "Can I have a nice bowl of salad with ranch please?" She ordered before looking at Greg, waiting for him to order as well.

"Yeah, I've done it." Greg reaffirms. When it came to making his order, Greg was unsure... so he just said. "I'd also like what Shizuka's having, please." Greg nodded at her reasoning for moving up the floors- better materials means better crafts, be they weaponry and armor, like what Greg creates, or whatever Shizuka creates. Potions, possibly? Greg had no long-term plans right now, as getting himself running in the short term was the current goal. If all went according to plan, then he could think about long-term plans... like doing the quest <Saying Vows> with Shizuka. He knew full well what the quest was for, as it was the means two players got married in game. He wondered if Shizuka was thinking about the same things, and blushed. He'd cross that bridge when he came to it, hopefully with Shizuka by his side. But first, he had to grow stronger, into a man worthy of Shizuka's love. He knew nothing was certain, so he would do the only thing he could: try his best. His face brimmed with determination and hope.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Soon, the night was bestowed upon the world of Aincrad. NPC shopkeepers along with players were returning to their homes and shops to prepare for another uneventful night. However, their meal had just arrived. It salad was rather good especially with the nice dip of ranch above it. Even though it wasn't as good as the ramen that she absolutely adores, it was a good dish for a professional, traditional meal. Nevertheless, Shizuka kept no thoughts on the food or her future... It was becoming rather late and she hoped to finish off her meal quickly as she would then be able to proceed to sleep in her shop and get all her energy back for a long day of material gathering tomorrow. With a smile, she began to chew on the bowl of vegetable in front of her. Sure, health really wasn't much in the game but Shizuka liked to keep her mouth and mind busy with her attempt to eat only healthy and not oily food with the exception of ramen of course. Shizuka then rested her face sideways to look at the window that was very close to the table that Greg and she were sitting on... The dim lights plus the starry sky really was romantic and she couldn't bare but to stare out at the sky full of stars. Music was playing beautifully in the background and the peacefulness was truly something for her to admire. With a sigh, she felt her eyelids drop and soon, she was beginning to fall asleep, only able to stay awake by feeding herself. After she was done, she immediately stood up.  "Argh... I'm too tired for this... I need sleep." Shizuka said with a yawn. "How about we go on a date on a later day? I'm sure we'll both enjoy that. But for now, I shall return to my warm home." Shizuka said before paying her bill and walking out... admiring the stars as they shone brightly above her head.

Greg noted that it was getting late, and admired the romantic atmosphere. He wondered if Shizuka noticed it too, and when he turned to her, he noticed she was getting sleepy... and promptly voiced it a moment later. Before she left, though Greg smiled. "I had a great time today. And yeah, I could go for more of this." he said to the pink-haired girl with which he was in love. Before Shizuka had a chance to walk off, Greg planted a quick kiss on her cheek. Smiling, he waved before making his way to the teleport gate- "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" he called out, before teleporting to Floor 1 to find an inn. Greg reflected on today's events. He, in order: helped Shizuka complete a quest, fell victim to despair, let his feelings for Shizuka be known, recovered from said despair with Shizuka's help, kissed her, starting their relationship, went out on a date with her and expressed interest in being a business partner as well as a romantic one. Greg smiled. 'All in all, I think this result was favourable.' he thought to himself, as he entered the inn on floor 1.