[SP-01]- Simplicity

I gingerly took the headgear from its box, grimacing as my sister tore apart the bubble wrap around it carelessly. A second later, my face was as stoic as usual, and I looked up questioningly at my father.

"How much... Did these cost, in total?" I asked him, my eyes flitting towards my brother, who met my gaze and shook his head. He looked exasperated.

My father, a middle-aged man of around 40, averted my stare and hesitatantly murmured a sum.

"...what? Do you mean to tell me that you wasted that much money- on this?" I shouted, knowing my brother had done the same five minutes ago, resulting in the upside-down table that no one had bothered to pick up.

My sister, Elyth, took the NerveGears and took them to aside so that I wouldn't break them.

"Well, just try them!" My mother quietly muttered, looking away. I locked eyes with my brother again, and he grabbed the unopened NerveGear.

"I. Am going to RETURN this one, so you better sit still and not move an INCH until I come back. You two," Aulial said, pointing to our parents, "are not allowed to playing games of any sort for the next MONTH."

The door slammed, and I looked down at my parents. They were traumatized, I could tell.