(PP-F9) The Ivory Knight <<The Iron Guardian>> COMPLETE

Manta smiled over at Ebony proudly. "I didn't mention it because I wanted to surprise you." She said happily. It looked like it had worked as Ebony appeared to be really excited. She wondered if it had really looked all that cool. The skill itself had all of those fancy spins and twirls in it, for almost no purpose whatsoever, so their reason for being was probably to make the skill look cooler.

Ebony smiled. She had certainly been surprised. That sword skill she had showcased was pretty awesome, and Ebony wondered if there was possible a similar one for the dagger. Probably not. They were approaching the meeting place, and Ebony started to walk a bit slower to let Manta get ahead. She wasnt all that experienced in talking to brokers, and this was only the second time. Manta should probably take the reigns on this talk.

As Ebony started to slow down, Manta did as well. "This is your information broker, so you need to be the one to talk to him. I'll be your body guard." She said the last part with a friendly wink. She doubted it would come to violence, but if it did she would protect Ebony with her life. She placed her hand on the hilt of her rapier before releasing it and relaxing. Probably not the best idea to show hostile intent on walking into a meeting like this. It was supposed to be friendly after all.

Ebony sighed and nodded, walking around the large volcanic rock that was lodged there. Seeing the broker seated on a rock, she gave him a shy wave. He was a rugged man, wearing black leather armor and a black cloak over it. He gave her a little wave. Ebony spoke up. "We have your item for you." She said just as Manta walked around the corner behind her. The man's eye's lit up with fear. "You tricked me! You were planning to trap me all along!" He shouted before standing up and charging at her, swinging his broadsword at her head. She ducked, and it slammed into the rock wall behind her with a loud clang. He pulled back to attack once more.

ID# 39106

MD: 5 Miss

Manta: 92/92 EN: 23/23

Ebony: 80/80 EN: 20/20

Broker: 150/150

Damage - 50, Paralyze on 9 or 10 for 1 turn.

Battle Healing - Heals 13 HP For Every 10 On Broker's Crafting Dice.

Manta hadn't expected things to go downhill so quickly. She hadn't expected them to go downhill at all actually. It was just Ebony's luck to get a paranoid information broker. He was attacking Ebony though, and looked as though he wouldn't listen to reason. She wasn't about to let him hurt Ebony though, so she charged in, activating Over Radiation again and sending thirteen stabs into his body, sending him flying back away from Ebony. He twisted and turned to face her. "Youll never get me alive!" He shouted, waving his sword around before charging towards Manta this time.

ID# 39107 results:

Battle: 3 (+2+1)=6 Hit

Manta: 92/92 EN: 10/23 (-13)

Ebony: 80/80 EN: 20/20

Broker: 20/150 (-130)

Ebony wasn't going to let anyone hurt Manta, so she unsheathed her dagger and sprinted at the man, activating <<Fad Edge>> into his back, slashing four times. He froze for a brief moment, a look of surprise on his face, before bursting into crystals. She didn't feel bad for killing him. He had attacked first, and was posing a danger to her friends. It was a good thing she had dealt the finishing blow. She knew that Manta would have felt terrible for an extremely long time if forced to kill another, even in self defense like Ebony had.

ID# 39108 results:

Battle: 10 Crit Hit: (3 (base)+2 (crit)=5x4=20 DMG)

Manta: 92/92 EN: 10/23 (-13)

Ebony: 80/80 EN: 16/20 (-4)

Broker: 0/150 (-20) Dead

(This wont get me an orange, right?)

Manta sighed with relief as Ebony charged in and took the man out. She felt terrible that they had been forced to kill the man, but it had been self defense. She brought up the item they had received from the mob earlier and sent it to Ebony. She was the party leader for this quest after all, and she would get more use from it anyway. They walked back to the settlement in silence, thinking about what had just happened.

COMPLETE!

Rewards:

Ebony: Banner of Support, 400 col, 2 SP

Manta: 2 SP