[PP-F2] An Evening At The Park

Sitting near the centre of a small field on the outskirts of the main second floor town, Shard lay on grass, lazily staring up into the pink-orange evening sky. He was not alone, as a fair number of players milled about the area, it being a popular destination to relax. Really, it was closer to a park then a field, with paths, a small pond, and even a few NPC food vendors. The park was especially well known for it's perfect view of sunsets, the town itself being on something of a hill.

Hearing the sound of someone laughing, Shard groans, rolling onto his side, the fresh smell of grass filling his senses. The truth was that Shard was beat, not just physically, but mentally. He had spent the past twelve hours trying to perfect a smithing technique, which mixes his signature Ventsteel works with crystal type ingots. It would have revolutionized the way he smithed, and probably would have been his first big splash into the smithing scene.

He had been warned by his newest acquaintan- his newest friend not to take this process too fast, but Shard had throw that out the window, charging forward at plaid speeds. What did that get him? Over five mats were now gone. Just completely gone. All his attempted proved unstable, and quickly shattered. The very thought of it caused a sharp pain to flair inside Shard, the memory of those perfect Ventsteel ingots burning his soul for his transgressions. Mouth quirked downwards, eyes dark, Shard rolled onto his back, rubbing the centre of his chest. Shard supposed he would just have to work on his smithing level more before it would become a possibility.

A sudden cool breeze quickly chills Shard's sweat soaked shirt, a sensation the man found pleasing after spending all day beside a sweltering forge. Brown leather coat being used as a pillow, Shard is attired only in a muscle shirt, slightly stretched by his impressive physique. Normally Shard was more conservative when it came to his clothing, but on a nice day like this, after all the work he put in, he felt he could ignore whatever attention he got. Besides, as Shard shifts slightly, closing his eyes to take a nap, he realises that he enjoys the feeling of the grass on his bare neck.

As he began to doze off, his mind moved to the topic that he and Dellis had spoken of not that long ago. It still surprised Shard to this very moment that he was beginning to make a social circle for himself. For some reason, he always thought it would just be him and his sword. With a small sigh, Shard sits up, unable to sleep, instead picking up with waded up jacket and draping it over his shoulder.

As a small grumble moves through his abdomen, Shard grunts in annoyance, getting up with a big stretch, before looking around. He knew there was food around here somewhere, but just wasn't sure what exactly that food was. Spotting a small vendor happily selling food to players, Shard shrugs, casually walking over to the NPC.

"Thank you, come again!" calls out the NPC, an elderly looking man with blading hair, waving to a few players walking away with meatbuns in hand. Feeling saliva building in his mouth, Shard quickly moves his way across a number of paths to get to his destination. Spotting the large customer, the NPC smiles happily, turning to greet Shard with arms open.

"Hello there player! How would you like a fresh meatbun! Only 50 Col!" Shard winces internally hearing the price. At an inn, he could get stew and bread for 100 Col, though, he supposed a steamed meatbun was something of a special food item. Without answering the NPC, Shard quickly checks his menu, flipping through to his equipment section. A small grin began to form on his face, but it was quickly gone as Shard closes the menu, looking at the NPC with a serious expression.

"Eight meatbuns." the NPC stares at Shard for a moment, as if its processors could not understand severity of the player's voice. Shard merely stood in place, eyes hard in anticipation for his feast, his teeth already working slightly.

"Eight meatbuns, coming right up!" the NPC almost seems ecstatic as he began to bag Shard's order into a large paper bag. Normally Shard would be internally commenting on how off putting the NPC's are, but as he watched each other those soft, white, fluffy, steaming, aromatic, meat stuffed- meat buns go into the bag, his mind went blank.

Quickly handing over the bag, Shard accepts the payment, the NPC bowing slightly in thanks. Shard didn't hear whatever words the NPC had. Right now, he had a play date with a octuplet of lovely morsels- words and manners could wait. Walking down the path before him, a meatbun in his mouth, Shard was in a state of bliss, this normally severe face now a vision of happiness. And to think, he still had seven more. Shard was even able to forget that he just spent over a quarter his money on small steamed buns- why? They were that good.

Suddenly, Shard feels something impact his chest, snapping him back to reality. Looking around with wide eyes, Shard quickly swallows his meat-bun, eyes narrow in anticipation for an attack. It was not until he looked forward with a sinking feeling building in his chest, that he realized he walked into someone...

I was dancing around this park I had never seen before in my life on the second floor it was beautiful and I was enjoying the weather I was lucky to get my lazy butt out of the shop I bet Mahko would would love the place but he might not cause of the noise such a neko he is *I laughed to myself* I had a feeling to snack on something I didn't have anything good on hand so I went to the NPC food vendors making sure to grab something that would go to waste if it was dropped cause I have this bad luck with food and parks so I grabbed something I could carry in a bag frosted cookies for 16 Col *I sighed* first time I ever had to use that money when I never did till thing make sense the current system was confusing especially since I ran a shop which is currently getting popular at the time one of her latest customers had brung her to the shopping district on this floor to buy the materials she needed for repayment as a friend and customer he was nice just like other PKers she had met and it was strange to find so many she new there were some but not that many I wonder what he did that made him a PKer in the first place? I shake my head if he wanted me to know he would've told me I decided to forget the topic and continue with my exploration I was staring into my bag only three left I grabbed one and held it in my mouth closing the bag when I was just about to look up I crashed into someone and it hurt my head "owww" I look up to see whoever I had crashed into had tensed up pretty quick I recognized this person instantly a famous amongst the shop keepers armour blacksmith Shard I occasionally talked to him at random time but nothing that I could really get to know him I backed up a couple of steps "I'm sorry I crashed into you I wasn't paying attention"

A look of realization moves across Shard's face, his eyes wide as he took a step back, looking down on the green haired girl before him. As she apologized, Shard's eyes narrow. She seemed familiar, but he couldn't place her face. Could he have seen her around here before? Has she ever bought anything from him? Has be bought anything from her? She had green hair, he should probably remember her.

"It's okay," Shard voice is low, dipping his head apologetically. Looking down to the still full bag of buns under his arm, Shard sigh's, shaking his head, before looking back to the girl with a small grin. "I was distracted." By meat buns specifically. He's a man though, who could blame him? For a moment, Shard was silent, looking down at the young woman's violet eyes. Shard's own eyes go soft, remembering someone else who had violet eyes. Coughing slightly, realizing he was staring too long, Shard turns his head, suddenly struck with realization.

"Kyoki, right?" Shard avoided looking at her for a second, his voice showing hints of being unsure. Shard remembered a young woman named Kyoki, who had opened her own tailor shop not that long ago. They didn't talk much, as Shard was usually in a rush, or she was taking orders. Still, Shard remembered her seeming to be a sweet girl, if a bit odd at times. Looking back to the girl. Shard shifted slightly, waiting for her reply.

He seemed to be lost in a minute he kept lookin at my hair well its alright its not everyday you find someone with bright green hair "Its okay" he dipped his head in a quick apology looking down at the bad he had sighing and shaking his head "I was distracted" then he just literally stopped and stared maybe he's thinking its not like I could blame him for that it ain't as bad as daydreaming in a random direction he coughed slightly and his head turned upright he must've remembered something "Kyoki right?" Yes my name is Kyoki and I'm right you are Shard?

"You are," Shard's voice is still low, cool and soothing like flowing water. If flowing water was a six foot four smith. In a way, Shard was impressed she knew who he was, it was not like they had ever really taken the chance to talk- well, not that Shard ever went out of his way to interact with people, but he had a vested interest in her shop. He was starting to get tired of wearing the same thing for month on end.

For a moment, Shard stays silent, eyes moving down to the ground, then back up to meet Kyoki's. Even if his interactions with people as of late have been much more frequent then usual, he was still slightly unsure how he should go about this. She didn't exactly seem scared- heck, it was like she barely realized he was different. Wait, was he different?

"How's business? It's been a while since I last went down a floor." Shard tilts his head slightly, remembering how surprised he was to see a tailors shop spring up not that long ago. It's not like they didn't exist, so much as few players invested enough time to actually reach the store stage.

"Business is crazy I've had four customers as of far and I'm working on my last two at the shop but I decided hey why not go out for a break but otherwise than the crazyness its been great" There was no need to be afraid of anyone anyways yah he's famous amongst other shopkeepers but who said I couldn't treat him like a normal player I even treat PKers the same as long as they don't attack me "later I'm thinking on making improvements to the shop maybe new walls so it ain't so dark in there it feels like an empty tavern sometimes but without the mess and alcohol besides the occasional person or I should say friend of mine who like to mess with my shop I'm surprised that no one has asked about the catapult though..."