[PP-F4] A little cold can't hurt... right? <Avalanche> (Shizuka)

Greg needed to get his act together. He was making a fool of himself, and he couldn't have that, especially in front of his lover. He just had to keep attacking. Greg lunged with a simple <Slant>, aiming to garner hatred on himself so that Shizuka could attack! He brought his sword down...!

ID: 39389

BD 8: Hit!

Greg's slash goes across Avalanche's body, causing another crack! In its rage, it attempts to punch Greg once again!

MD 1: Critical Failure...

However, in an ironic twist of fate, Avalanche tripped and fell onto the floor as it lunged, causing Greg to chuckle. "Oh, the irony." 

Greg: 48/48 HP, 0/12 EN. 4 Hate. +6 Mit.

Shizuka: 72/72 HP, 7/18 EN. 3 Hate.

Avalanche: 32/100 HP.

ID: 39434
Battle Dice: 2
Sword Art <<Uppercut>> Activated

Shizuka watched as Greg was able to strike the Ice Elemental Boss this time with a rather easy piece of attack. Indeed, the damage wasn't great and it would only be a matter of time before the Ice Elemental would be able to snap out of its conscious and actually start landing some hits no matter how rapid the boy was. Shizuka smirked before pulling out her sword and charging forward, hoping to stun the mob once more in an effort to prevent it from dealing damage to the man. However, she had failed but she didn't' really mind... She could always heal the blonde man if she needed.

HP List
Greg Baxen: 48/48
   Energy: 0/12
      Mitigation: 21
         Hate: 4

Shizuka: 72/72
   Energy: 6/18 (+1) (-2)
      Hate: 3

Enemies:
Avalanche: 32/100
   Damage: 24

Edited by Shizuka

Shizuka missed the boss, and failed to stun it, but that didn't concern Greg too much. He's got a lot of evasion and more than enough mitigation that, even if Shizuka missed and failed to heal him, he would be able to outlast Avalanche and take it down. He did appreciate Shizuka's help, though. He lunged again, this time with <Vertical>!

ID: 39437

BD 5: Miss!

Greg's slash just barely misses Avalanche, as it leans just to the right of his slash, before bringing his fist back and throwing a punch towards Greg at startling speeds!

MD 3-3=0: Miss!

The blue-clad swordsman ducks underneath the blow before jumping back to gain some distance.

Greg: 48/48 HP, 0/12 EN. +6 Mit, 4 Hate.

Shizuka: 72/72 HP, 6/18 EN. 3 Hate.

Avalanche: 32/100 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

ID: 39571
Battle Dice: 10
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Indeed, now was the time for her to strike. Greg had been missing quite a bit and she needed to deal some damage to the Ice Elemental even if it meant getting some hate on her. With a sigh, she pulled out her sword. If I can inflict a critical here, I should be able to paralyze it and buy Greg one more turn to get some hate on him... Plus, the bleed enhancement would take off eight health in a span of two battle turns. Shizuka analyzed and hence, when she swung her blade, she already knew that it was going to be a critical. Indeed, the attack timing was near perfect and of course, the ice elemental was immediately affected with the paralysis that was inflict upon it along with the bleed that it suffered from. "Alright Greg, you better get some hate in the next attack, but it doesn't matter really... I've got some health potions in my inventory." Shizuka said with a smile.

Energy: 5/18 (+1) (-2)
      Hate: 5 (+2)

Enemies:
Avalanche: 22/100 [Paralyzed] [Bleed 1/2] (2 DMG * 2 SA + 2 Crit + 4 Bleed = 10 DMG)

Edited by Shizuka

Greg responds with a prompt "Roger that!" because lunging with another <Slant>. He vowed to protect Shizuka all that time ago, and he still hadn't forgotten it- in fact, if anything it applies double, no, triple, now that he and Shizuka were a couple, and Greg was going to see it through to the end!

ID: 39573

BD 4: Miss!

Greg's slash goes just wide of his target... again. "Damn it. So close!" he mutters. Thankfully Avalanche couldn't move this turn and was slowly bleeding out (Melting? The hell if he knew.), but if he didn't score a hit next turn Shizuka was going to get hurt. He couldn't have that.

Greg: 48/48 HP, 0/12 EN, +6 Mit. 4 Hate.

Shizuka: 72/72 HP, 5/18 EN,  5 Hate.

Avalanche: 18/100 HP [Paralyzed] [-4 HP from Bleed, Bleed worn off]

Edited by Greg Baxen

Shizuka sighed as Greg had once again managed to miss the target and she was growing weary. At this point, the Ice Elemental boss would be going after her and she could not have that with her extreme weakness. She decided that this turn, she was simply not going to attack in order to regenerate some energy and hopefully defeat the Ice Elemental with the remaining energy that she would soon have. With a gasp, she raised her sword, not to attack but to prepare a defensive stance in order to evade the Ice Elemental Boss's attack that would be directed at her if Greg did not interfere and land an attack with his next attack. Even if he misses, I should be perfectly fine. Shizuka thought. I have a two evasion boost. She realized before backing off a bit, preparing to dodge an attack if it did indeed come for her. She hoped for the best but the best might not come sometimes.

Energy: 6/18 (+1)
      Hate: 5

Enemies:
Avalanche: 18/100 [Paralyzed] [Bleed 1/2] (2 DMG * 2 SA + 2 Crit + 4 Bleed = 10 DMG)

Edited by Shizuka

Greg lunged once again with <Slant>. This Ice Elemental was SERIOUSLY getting on Greg's nerves- he needed something to boost his accuracy so he wouldn't miss at important moments. He groaned at the thought of it. He was either going to need a lot of col or a lot of materials to pay an artisan to create a good trinket for him- he was a fighter, not a gatherer. Shaking these thoughts aside he continued his charge.

ID: 39649

BD 4: Miss!

Avalanche once again leaned out of the way. "Damn it!" Greg moaned. Frustration was clearly visible on his face, and it wasn't hard to see why- Avalanche just kept on avoiding his attacks! Unfortunately, this meant that Avalanche was going to attempt to attack Shizuka!

MD 4-2=2: Miss!

Much to Greg's relief, Avalanche's punch missed his beloved. Sighing in relief, Greg didn't have to nearly get a heart attack while watching a third of his lover's health get shaved off in one hit.

Shizuka: 72/72 HP, 6/18 EN, 5 Hate.

Avalanche: 18/100 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Shizuka had just barely dodged that attack. Indeed, it was a dangerous one and if she was hit by it, who knows how much damage would be dealt by her. But like she thought previously, she really didn't have the possibility of being hit very easily. As long as the Ice Elemental doesn't get lucky and luck stays by her side, she should be able to dodge most of its attack. Still, it would be bright for her to hold her attacks in order to avoid any more hate that would be marked on her. Of course, this would only slow down the battle but it is better to be safe than sorry. Shizuka sighed as she looked behind her at the dropping sun. "I haven't expected this fight to go on so long, Greg. Let's end this quick." Shizuka said with a deep smile directed at the blonde man. Indeed, he's been missing quite a lot and she knew that a smile would probably do nothing but encouragement... The boy would probably need it as well. The sun was dropping fast and she would really, really like it if the night doesn't approach the world at the moment. Fighting in the dark is the worst. Shizuka thought.

Energy: 7/18 (+1)
      Hate: 5 

Enemies:
Avalanche: 18/100

It was fairly predictable by now but Greg lunged with <Slant>. Shizuka had given him an encouraging smile- something he definitely appreciated. He had to do this- he wasn't going to lose, damn it! He brung his sword down once again...!

ID: 39719

BD 3: Miss!

Greg's swing goes wide once again. "There's bad luck, and then there's this. Absolutely ridiculous." Greg deadpanned. "It's a curse, isn't it? There's no other explanation as to how I somehow managed to miss SEVEN TIMES IN A ROW!" Greg moaned, complaining about missing seven times straight. Avalanche throws another punch Shizuka's way, attempting to smash her into paste.

MD 1: Crit Fail...

Avalanche doesn't get very far, as it accidentally hits something and topples over, meaning Shizuka didn't even have to put any effort in to dodge- its attack never even came close.

Greg: 48/48 HP, 0/12 EN. +6 Mit. 4 Hate.

Shizuka: 72/72 HP, 7/18 EN, 5 Hate.

Shizuka sighed. The battle was going nowhere and she was frustrated as there was nothing that she could do. As a support, she was to back up the main player and she wouldn't be able to deal damage. Luckily, the Ice Elemental has been missing all its attacks but it was never certain that the boss couldn't just inflict a critical on her and hence end the fight for her. She clutched her fist in frustration. I can't have more hate on me either. Shizuka thought. Come on Greg... Work on that accuracy. Shizuka thought before retreating once again, waiting for her turn once Greg manages to hit the mob. I can stun it but that won't do good if Greg can't hit the target.  Shizuka thought, hoping that Greg will end his unlucky damage dealing streak.

Greg was determined to break the streak of misses now, and opted to lunge with <Vertical> this time! He leapt fowards and brought his sword down on Avalanche, attempting to tear into it!

ID: 39720

BD 5: Miss!

...And Greg misses for the eighth time in a row, this time by a very small amount. "...Gotta stay calm..." Greg muttered to himself as he kept on missing his attacks. This was getting ridiculous now. Avalanche threw a punch at Shizuka in response, since she drew its ire...

MD 8-2=6: Hit!

Greg's heart skipped a beat as Avalanche's fist collided with Shizuka, taking off a third of her HP. Panicking, Greg rushed to her side. "Are you okay?!" He asked worriedly.

Shizuka: 48/72 HP, 8/18 EN. 5 Hate.

Indeed, Shizuka had been struck by a powerful attack coming from the Ice Elemental boss and she didn't like how much damage it had dealt with her. She stood up, feeling tired and hurt from the injuries that had been dealt to her. Shizuka's legs felt crippled but she knew that that was just an effect of the game. I have a health potion that I can use in the case of an emergency.  Shizuka thought, realizing that she did have one prepared for situations. If I get hit once more, I shall use it or I might face death. Shizuka thought in resentment. "I'm fine Greg. Don't worry about me, just concentrate on the Ice Elemental." Shizuka said, still not attacking, hoping that Greg would be able to attack and absorb some hate towards himself. With a sigh, she picked up her sword which had fallen down to the ground. This damage is nothing... Too bad I can't heal myself. Shizuka thought as she rubbed a bruise that had formed and even if it didn't hurt, she didn't like how ugly it looked on her arm. This might stay with me for a while. Shizuka thought, using it to occupy her mind.

Greg sighed in relief as she affirmed she was okay. "Glad to hear it." he said, giving her a thumbs up as he turned back to the Ice Elemental. "Hey, you oversized snowcone, I'M your opponent!" he yelled as he once again lunged with the <Slant> Sword Art. His sword once again gets brought down on the Avalanche...

ID: 39734

BD 7: Hit! (4x1x1=4 damage)

At long last, Greg's blade struck true, causing Avalanche to roar out in pain, before glaring daggers at the blue-clad swordsman and attempting to punch him.

MD 8-3=5: Miss!

Greg's eyes widened as the fist flew right above his head, and he gulped, before jumping away.

Greg: 48/48 HP, 0/12 EN, +6 Mit, 5 Hate.

Shizuka: 48/72 HP, 9/18 EN, 5 Hate.

Avalanche: 14/100 HP.

ID: 39735
Battle Dice: 10
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>>

Shizuka smiled when her partner was able to strike the opponent and even though it wasn't a powerful attack, it was still able to speed up the process. Now it is time for her to strike as now she as the possibility of inflicting more damage on the annoying Ice Elemental mob. With a smile of confidence, she raise her sword in a charging posture before charging forward and bringing down the sword upon the Boss to inflict a super critical. Now, even though the Ice Elemental would once again focus on her, she was fine with it as long as they can defeat it in the quickest of times. "Switch Greg! Let's keep dealing damage to it!" Shizuka said, sensing the turning of battle.

Greg: 48/48 HP, 0/12 EN, +6 Mit, 5 Hate.

Shizuka: 48/72 HP, 8/18 EN, 7 Hate.

Avalanche: 4/100 HP. [Bleed 1/2] [Paralysis]

Edited by Shizuka

'One more hit should do it, based on the looks of things... and even if I don't hit it, it'll bleed out (Melt?) anyway!'  Greg thought to himself, before smiling and lunging with Vertical, aiming to cleave Avalanche in two from the head down!

ID: 39738

BD 3: Miss!

In what was almost typical fashion, Greg missed once again. Avalanche would have punched Shizuka again, but, due to paralysis, it was helpless to do anything but roar in pain as it slowly died to the bleed Shizuka had inflicted on it. Greg checked to see if had dropped any loot.

LD 16: HPx5 Col!

Sure enough, Avalanche had dropped 500 Col, which Greg opted to divide evenly between the two lovers.

As it melted away, and dissolved into pixels, Greg received a notification. It read...

Quest Complete!

You obtained Snowfrost Potion!

Greg grinned at this. He threw his arms up. "Finally!" he yelled. After that, he sheathed his <Anneal Blade> before walking up to Shizuka and hugging her. "Thanks for helping me with this. I couldn't have done it without you." he told her as he did this, with a smile on his face, which had turned red as he held her close. "Now then, about going somewhere warm?" he asked.

Greg: 48/48 HP. 0/12 EN. +6 Mit.

Shizuka: 48/72 HP. 8/18 EN.

Avalanche: DEAD. (Died due to the bleed damage).

Shizuka watched as Greg was continued to be hunted by the Ice Elemental's impressive dodging. What was it? Nine misses a row? The battle had taken quite a while to finish and it was already night by now. Indeed, the snow was powdering down upon the lovers and both had gotten two hundred and fifty Col. Indeed, even though it has been a long, cold day full of intense combat, she still enjoyed the time as it was spent with the one that she loves. With a smile, she returned the hug that had been provided for her and she held it. Cherishing the warmth that had suddenly been given by her and even though the hug was very random and pointless, she didn't mind at all. With a deeper smile, she closed her eyes.

Soon, after holding on for a while, Greg let go before asking her to go somewhere warm and of course, Shizuka agreed. Indeed, she'd planned to do so earlier and well, her plan to the hot springs were dispatched with the fact that it was completely dark outside. White had covered everything, allowing lights and man-made objects to stand out in the darkness along with a few natural trees that looked even more beautiful under the clothing of the winter. Shizuka smirked before looking into Greg's loving gaze, "Let's go to a good, warm restaurant." Shizuka said before grabbing onto Greg's hand and running to the town where they would soon catch some food and experience warmth once again.