(PP-F1) The Times are Changing (Manta, Sinnon) [Completed]

Sinnon had been traveling around the first floor, trying to understand this new world that he had been trapped in. From the area's in which he has explored, Aincrad had been an interesting place. However, no matter how interesting it may be, he had known that the place would only get more and more dangerous. Danger means nothing to Sinnon though, seeing as how he believes he is of godlike stature. Death is nothing to him except for a simple triviality. This place is very intriguing. However, if I am going to make progress in this world and attain both my wealth and status here, I am going to have to get a good lay of the land and most definitely level up. Power is everything in a world as pesky as this one.

Edited by Sinnon

Despite being a pretty strong front liner, Manta's shop was still located on the first floor. After all, this game wasn't about gaining wealth or power singularly, it was about working together and getting out of the game. The lower levels were still people too, and the majority of the people who she was trying to save. Her Darkened Rapier sat in it's sheath, seeming to suck in all the light that hit it. It was an extremely intimidating weapon, and not one that went well with the cheery and kind persona of it's wielder. She stood close to the exit of the safe zone, watching the people going out. Sometimes less experienced players went out for the first time without a party or any equipment, not realizing how dangerous that can be. She wanted to make sure that no one died, so anyone who didn't look like they had equipment or the like she would ask if they wanted to team up so that they didn't die.

As Sinnon had been walking, he had managed to find his way out of the ever so grand city of beginnings. Looking out of the safe zone, he had realized the majestic setting. Outside of the city was a grassy field that was inhabited by boars and the such. After looking out on the horizon of the grassy plains, he had realized something that had really stood out. Is that white hair I see? It is truly as majestic as the snow that I have heard oh so much about! I must go say hello to this beautiful woman at once! With this, he was off on his way towards the white haired woman. He had arrived in front of her and took a deep bow. "Hello there my wonderful Neteru. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am the Almighty Sinnon of Aincrad. May I make your acquaintance?"

Manta noticed another player walking out of the starting city before looking around a bit. His eyes locked onto her and he made his way over. He wasn't what you would call handsome, the word for his looks was 'beautiful'. Manta smiled as he bowed to her, she had always liked gentlemanly behavior like that. He had called her a word that she didn't recognize, but it sounded as though it was some kind of compliment. She gave him a small curtsy. "I'm Manta, and it is a pleasure to meet you as well." He had called himself almighty, which in and of itself she didn't find annoying, but he didn't seem to have any equipment on, which made her question the validity of his claim. She didn't want to mention that to him though, as it might insult him. Instead she gave him a friendly smile.

Sinnon rises so that his back is straight and shines his pearly white teeth through a charming smile. "I apologize if you don't understand the word which I had called you. Neteru is the egyptian word for angel, you see? By the way, if I may say so, you are a rather beautiful angel Manta. Truly magnificent!" He then laughed a little before getting on one knee and kissing her hand. After standing back up from this, he had began to ask her some questions. "So Manta, what is such a beautiful woman like you doing on the first floor still? I would believe that you would elevate through the floors with ease."

Manta blushed a little at him telling her what the word meant. Even Sousuke had never called her something like that. "Thank you." She said quietly. She blushed full on as he got down on one knee and kissed her hand before standing back up. She hoped no one had seen that though. Even though she hadn't seen Sousuke in a long time they were still engaged, as the ring on her left hand showed. "I'm just trying to help out new players. Its dangerous for people just starting out." He mentioned believing that she would elevate through the floors with ease, but se didn't answer him on that. It wasn't polite to brag, and there was no way to state her level, skills, or col without appearing to be bragging.

(OOC: OMG IM SO SORRY, I DIDNT KNOW SHE WAS ENGAGED!!! DX)

Sinnon had noticed that she had been blushing and this had caused him to smile a bit more. "So you help out the new players then? Would you be willing to help me out a bit then? I don't ever accept help but i'll make an exception this one time. So what do you say Neteru? Would you be willing to help me out a bit? I am willing to reimburse you once I start making col. I will pay your tenfold for your services."

(OOC: Don't worry about it. :P And its not like you did anything wrong.)

Manta smiled. As she had thought, the 'Almighty Sinnon' wasn't an extremely high level. She didn't think that was a bad thing, or an insult. Everyone started out there, not one player could say that they had skipped the starting level. The irony of his title was a bit funny though. "Of course I can help out. And don't worry about paying me. We both get experience from helping each other out. Maybe you could reimburse me by being friends with me?" She suggested. She definitely did need more col, for the rumor broker, but she wasn't going cheat another player like that. They both got something from her helping him out, and she wouldn't take anything extra other than friendship.

Sinnon had tilted his head a bit to the side as his eyebrow had risen slightly. She wants to be friends with me? Thats strange … This has never happened before unless someone has wanted something from me … He had honestly been shock that she had turned down his money and wished to be friends instead. "Umm … Okay, I guess that works as well. Friends it is then." He then smiles a bit at the thought of actually having a friend. Manta was going to be this mans literal best friend of all time. Well, his only friend anyway.

The man seemed to be very surprised that she had turned down his offer of payment. She smiled at him before turning and starting to walk into the field towards one of the boars. She was going to show him how to fight mobs. She unsheathed her rapier before holding it out to the side, pausing momentarily. "If you pause right before you attack, you'll activate a sword skill." She said, her blade glowing blood red. She stabbed forwards, the tip of her rapier nicking the boars side before it could charge her. A moment later it burst into pixels. She didn't tell Sinnon, but that had been her weakest sword skill, <<Linear>>. She tapped the accept on the loot screen that popped up, and handed the material she had gotten from it to him. It was one of the boars tusks, a beautiful white color. "Here. A lot of players accept materials in place of col." She explained.

ID# 39445 results:

Battle: 10 9 DMG (+2 Charge)= 11 DMG

Craft: 4

Loot: 18 1 Mat

Boar: -7/4 HP (-11)

Manta: 108/108 EN: 26/27 

Sinnon had been surprised by just how powerful this woman had been. She could do amazing things like that and he could do … nothing. This was the first time in his life that he had ever felt so useless. He then watched as Manta had picked up the boar husk and handed it to him. Should I accept it..? After debating over it for awhile, he had decided that it was best to just take it. "Thank you very much Miss Manta. May I point something out though? I don't have any weapon skills, but I do happen to have a skill in my heavy armor. Just need to purchase some." He then laughed a bit before going into his inventory and equipping his spear. "One day I will be able to do things as marvelously as you can, but I will use it towards keeping you safe. Miss Manta, I am willing to put my life on the line for you."

Manta raised an eyebrow. A skill in heavy armor was an interesting choice, but probably not the best one. The best choice for beginners was always a weapon skill, and there was no arguing against that. It wasn't a big mistake though, and if he played it safe he would probably be fine. Although, that made her wonder if he actually had any armor. There was no point in having an armor skill if you didn't have any armor. And he certainly didn't look like he had any. She ignored it though and started to blush again as he mentioned being willing to put his life on the line for her. It was very flattering although probably not true. He certainly looked serious about it though. "That will make things a bit harder, not starting out with a rank in your weapon of choice. You should be fine though." She explained. She was doing her best not to show off or seem condescending.

Sinnon had nodded in agreement with what she was saying but felt the opposite within his heart. "Now what you are saying may be true since it has very much logic behind it. Here is the thing though Manta, I want to be able to defend not only myself, but others as well. I want to be able to protect you from any of the harms that may come your way. I don't want to have to do it by doing the logical thing and investing in a skill that just isn't for me. Maybe in the future I will take on a weapon skill, but for now I must focus on taking on the role of being the shield for you and any of those who may be harmed."

Manta eyes widened a bit. She was more than a bit surprised by Sinnon's declaration. It wasn't something that she heard often, or something that she'd expected from him. There was one thing that all tanks needed though...  A DPS to make up for a tanks lack of damage. "I think we would make an amazing team, once you get stronger. I have no mitigation at all." She explained to him. All of her skills and equipment slots were focused around hitting the enemy, and dealing a crazy amount of damage at the same time. Granted, even though she didn't have any mitigation, her evasion and her ability to one shot most mobs kept her out of danger. It didn't always though, which was why she liked teaming up with tanks. "It's going to take a lot of work to get the skill points you need, but id be glad to speed run a bunch of quests with you if youd like." She suggested.

Sinnon had been surprised by what she had been suggesting. She actually wanted to not only possibly team up with him but also help him acquire the skill points that he would need to be an efficient tank. This was truly amazing! He had moved closer to her and held her hands in his own, a rather large smile on his face. "Are you sure? You and me as a team? That would be truly amazing!" This was the first time he had ever had anyone offer something of this sorts and it had caused him to be extremely happy. "If you are willing to help me level up and be on a small little party with me than I will surely accept it. Spending time with you will most definitely inspire me to do better." He then laughed a bit once more before a slight blush came across his cheeks as he had realized how close he had been to the girl. "Is it okay if I add you to my friends list Manta?"

Manta smiled at his acceptance of her suggestion. He appeared to think that it was a really good idea as well. So much so that he moved in close and grasped her hands, grinning happily. Manta turned bright red but didn't pull away, not wanting to offend him. "Of course i'd be willing to help out. We all need to work together to get out of this game." She said, trying to ignore how close they were to each other. He asked if he could add her to his friends list, so she slipped her hands out from his and took a step back to pull up her HUD. She tapped a few buttons and sent him the friend request. "What would you like to do now? We can hang out for a bit, go fight a boss for skill points, or hunt mats. It's up to you."

Edited by Manta Gaul

Sinnon begins to laugh a bit as she suggests that they go fight a boss. "I may be preparing to be a tank but fighting off a boss right now is probably not in my best interest, considering the fact that either of us could get killed by the creature, especially considering my low hp and level. However, if that is what your up for then I am completely fine with going up against a boss and laying my life on the line for you. Though, whatever we do is entirely up to you my dear Neteru."

Manta smiled, the blush returning to her face as he said that he was fine going up against a boss and laying his life on the line for her. She could easily one shot a good number of the quest bosses, but she didn't want to bring that up, once again not wanting to sound as though she was bragging. "There are some nice cafe's here on the first floor. We can go and talk about your build and the skills youll need, or whatever you might want to talk about." She suggested.

"That sounds good to me. Spending time together, enjoying some nice meals and discussing my build. I can think of no better way to spend my day." Just the thought of the two of them spending the day together had caused his smile to grow. "So Miss Manta, is there anywhere in which you would like to go? I am fine with just about anywhere as long as I am there with you." With this a slight blush had come across his face. He had tried to hide it by opening up the menu and accepting the friend request which she had sent him. Little did he know that only he could see the menu.

Manta felt like Sinnon was crushing on her a bit, but didn't really know how to dissuade him. She was already taken after all. If Sousuke kept disappearing she might have to call it off though.  It seemed like half of the time he was there with her all of the time, and the other half he disappeared and she didn't even get a message from him. "All right then. I'll lead the way." She said, looking over at him to see him blushing slightly. She did her best to ignore it though, and started to walk back to the starting city.

(We can continue this in another thread after your next post)

Edited by Manta Gaul