[F2-PP] Training The Body <<Breaking The Unbreakable>> (Takao)

Ratatosk looked at the bulletin once more to see if there were any good quests, "Breaking the unbreakable? Oh no, a rock... At least this'll be easier than Secret Medicine of the Forest, I failed that one last time." He ripped the paper from the board and started to travel to the destination, "So I'm supposed to meet an NPC, but I also need someone to help me with the quest too. If I don't, it's going to take me a very long time to destroy that rock." The blonde sat on a bench and waited, knowing that help would come eventually. "Time to wait."

Yet another bout of spare time had lead Takao to wander the second floor, for no other reason than to simply kill time before the boss raid began. He kept his thoughts from wandering too far in that direction, as he would much rather forget the horrors that would await the vanguard on the other side of that door. Takao shook his head and set his idle glance to his surroundings, trying to find something to distract him. Upon seeing a familiar face seated upon a bench, seemingly waiting for something or someone, Takao had decided on an adequate distraction. "'ey Dude," he said, hand momentarily leaving the stomach pockets of his hoodie. "S'been a while. What'cha up to?"

Ratatosk looked in the direction of Takao and remembered him, "Not much, trying to level up as much as I can to get to the frontlines. You ever done the quest that gives you martial arts before?" He had a vision of the future, he would be fighting alongside the front liners, taking down bosses and maybe even getting a few uniques. "Oh yeah, and do you know anything about the fifteenth floor boss? I plan on becoming a front liner as soon as possible, so fill me in on the details!"

"Sounds like we're doin' the same thing then, at least in terms of levelin' up." Takao said, a light chuckle rumbling in his chest. At the mention of Breaking the Unbreakable, known more commonly as the hellish quest for martial arts, Takao nodded slowly. "Done it at least five or six times by now, yeah. I'm guessin' you were just about to head up there yourself, huh?" He answered, knowing fully well what would likely be following. In truth, he didn't mind venturing up the mountain and beating the rock into rubble. It meant he was helping somebody on their way, which was a good enough way to spend his time. Of course, that didn't necessarily change the monotony of the task itself. "I would uh... I would really rather not talk about the fifteenth floor boss." Takao replied as the topic switched.

Ratatosk sensed something bad probably happened on one of the floor boss raids. "Yeah... So how would you level up quickly? I'm doing as many quests as I can, what did you do to level up fast?" He was curious, if he had the potential, it was possible for him. "I'm not sure if quests give good experience or not, so do you think doing dungeons is a good thing? I've only heard about them from the higher ups, I'm not really sure how they're done though." The blonde unsheathed his blade and looked at the tip, "I don't really think this sword can do anything to a sub dungeon boss."

"Quests are the best way to get started," Takao began, opting to lead Ratatosk toward the quest's locale as he spoke. "They give the best experience for the least amount of work, usually. But after you complete those, you're basically stuck on the grind, y'know? That'd be the point when you should start doing dungeons. They help speed the process along. Most of my levels came from just grindin', since dungeons are only a recent discovery." He admitted, and truthfully as well. Despite his recent excursions throughout the floors and the near incessant delving into dungeons, the majority of his levels had been from the grueling, systematic slaughter of monsters. Takao scratched his neck as he listened to Ratatosk mention he didn't know much about them. "If we finish the quest early, we can head up to the fifth floor for a little bit and see if we can find a dungeon. That way you can see what they're all about."

"That'd be great!" Ratatosk had a strange feeling when he was around front liners, maybe it was excitement to be as strong as them? He didn't know, but the feeling was probably adrenaline. "You're a pretty high level right? How come you don't have any uniques yet. All the other front liners do, like the Azure Brigade and some of the Knights of Blood." The blonde looked at Takao's equipment, even though it looked good, it wasn't unique. "So are you in a guild? Or are you solo like me." Ratatosk kept wondering about joining a guild, maybe he should, or maybe he shouldn't.

"Good eye," Takao commented dryly. "Usually you'd have to appraise a weapon before you can determine whether or not its a unique. Some people seem to be able to tell at first glance though. Anyway, I've had a few before, but they haven't fit my build so I gave them away to people who could make better use of 'em. Just haven't been lucky, I guess. The Azure Brigade and a few people in the KoB hardly make up all of the other front liners, though." He said, already ascending the stairs to the quest location. "I'm solo, yeah. That's why there's no icon by my health gauge there," Takao answered, gesturing toward the empty space where a guild symbol would be hovering. "Haven't had very good luck with guilds, but they're probably a good idea for you."

"I don't like the mentality of the majority of the other players here. If I ever joined a guild, I'd leave within the first two days." Ratatosk remembered the other day, there were a few samurai guilds that tried to get him to join, he denied. And there were those other hunting parties that he also denied to join. "People are way too protective around here, almost like white knights. It's [censored] stupid really." He unsheathed his blade and did a little spinning trick with it, "So this quest requires us to use our fists right?" The blade went into its sheathe with a metallic clang.

"Uh huh," Takao said, pressing his tongue against his cheek as a preventative measure to keep him from speaking more on the matter. He didn't necessarily disagree, there were quite a few players describable to him only as undesirable, but he found most of them had a tendency to be solo players like himself. It was ironic, in some sense of the word. "Well, its nice to have a group of people to have your back. Y'cant do everything alone," He continued, offering a bit of hypocritical advice. Takao gestured to the hut as they reached the peak of the mountain and swiped his hand downward to call forth the menu. "Case in point. Go ahead an' talk to the NPC in the hut. He'll give you the quest, put some stuff on your face, 'n tell you to punch the rock. We won't be able to use any weapons or sword arts, so it'll be a chore. Once you've got the quest, we'll get started on this." Takao approached the two meter tall rock and pounded on it once with his freshly cloth-wrapping clad fist.

Inundator unequipped.
Hand Wraps equipped.

P. T2 Damage Potion used.
P. T2 Vodka used.

Edited by Takao

Ratatosk gulped and entered the hut and saw an NPC, "Are you the one giving out the quest?" A few moments of chatter went on, and then a shout, "What the [censored]? You [censored] asshole! I'll kill you!" Rummaging could be heard in the hut, and then he was booted out. The NPC took a step outside and waved his cane at him, "Come back when ye' finished the quest ye' whippersnapper!" The blonde glared at him angrily and gave him the finger, "Alright! Time to [censored] up a boulder!" He unequipped his blade and started walking to it.

ID: 55947
BD: 7 (4 + 3(ACC))

Having spent a good few minutes fiddling with the wraps on his hands while Ratatosk harassed the NPC within the hut, he was well prepared by the time they were ready to begin their slaughter of the inanimate object. "Right then, let's get started." Takao said as he turned to face the boulder. It seemed like he'd be claiming the first hit, which meant he needed to make it a good one. Effortlessly sliding into a stance by spreading his legs to shoulder width and raising his arms, Takao spun his torso forward and snapping his arm forward like a whip. His right arm jabbed forward and connected with the rock, the power of the strike nearly splitting the rock in twain.

HP
Takao: 213/213
   Energy: 51/52 (+1/-1)

Boulder: 27/50 (1(Base) + 1(Athletics) + 2(Unarmed Weapon) + 2(Martial Arts) + 6(DMG Crystal) + 6(Alcoholic) + 5(Charge) = -23)

Ratatosk punched the rock, simple as that. "Wow, I never thought punching a rock was that hard." He only did a single damage to the rock, it was quite sad. "You have any more lu- Woah!" He saw Takao almost destroy the rock with a single punch, "Holy crap! How did you do that?" The blonde was still amazed by Takao, it seemed as if he was one of the strongest players in SAO (He is). "Damn, can't wait to do things like that!" And then a fire sparked in his eyes again, he wanted to be a front liner.

ID# 55957

Battle 6 (4+2)

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 16/17 Energy

DMG: 1 (Base)

Boulder: 26/50

Edited by Ratatosk

ID: 55958
BD: 6 (+3(ACC))

"Uh... Mixture of a few ranks into martial arts, hand wraps with unarmed damage, the athletics skill, and damage buffs. Oh, and charge. I don't have a lot of ranks in martial arts and the hand wraps are pretty low level equipment, but they help." Takao said in response as he pulled his arm back. With the boulder having sustained significant damage, Takao prepared yet another strike. It wouldn't finish it off, not just yet, but it was dangerously close. He sent a straight with his left, cloth-clad knuckles smashing against the coarse stone surface and resulting in another powerful blow. Without the damage augmentation of the charge skill it wasn't quite as much as before, yet the rock still shook and another crack formed on its surface.

HP

Boulder: 8/50 (1(Base) + 1(Athletics) + 2(Unarmed Weapon) + 2(Martial Arts) + 6(DMG Crystal) + 6(Alcoholic) = -18)

Edited by Takao

Ratatosk was about to punch the rock, but then a certain something made him trip over. "Woah, oh [censored]!" He faceplanted on the ground and got back up, "[censored], this rock must be messing with me." Takao was killing the rock pretty easily, they'd actually finish the quest in one more turn if he punched it one more time. "Jesus, this martial arts skill sounds insane. Doesn't it allow you to do some special sword arts too? I heard it's really effective for swordsmen like you and me."

ID# 56045

Battle 4 (2+2)

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 14/17 Energy

Boulder: 26/50

Edited by Ratatosk

ID: 56046
BD: 2 (+3(ACC) + 1(Concentration))
LD: 19 + 3(S&D)
(+1 Material (lol))

"Its more or less the same as other weapon skills, in that its damage bonus increases one to one with rank. It does have its own sword arts," Takao began to explain as he pulled his left arm back from the rock and exhaled a slight grunt whilst thrusting his right forward. The fist connected, and the damage proved to be more than enough to reduce the stone to pebbles. "The sword arts it has are below average though. It has a decent stun, overall damage is pretty low. If you've got rank two in it though, it'll give some bonuses to other weapon skills. It boosts OHSS's max up to eleven from nine, for instance. Anyway, this is done. Y'wanna go check out that dungeon now?"

HP

Boulder: 0/50 (1(Base) + 1(Athletics) + 2(Unarmed Weapon) + 2(Martial Arts) + 6(DMG Crystal) + 6(Alcoholic) = -18)

"Dungoen?" Ratatosk was a bit confused when he said that, but then he remembered. "Oh right! The flyer!" The blonde remembered, but he didn't have the necessary gear to actually beat the boss. "Is it alright if I stay back in the rear? I'm not as strong as you yet, so I doubt I can fight that boss head on and live." He also remembered that he needed to turn that quest in, he needed to get rid of the cat whiskers. "Oh right! I'll catch up with you in a bit, need to go beat the [censored] out of that old man." The blonde went inside the hut and more rummaging can be heard, then Ratatosk was booted out of it again. "Enjoy your new skill ya' whippersnapper! Git off me lawn and don't come back!"

"That's fine. I'm still buffed for a little while, so I'll be able to take care of whatever spawns without much trouble." Takao said, taking the time that Ratatosk spent within the quest giver's hut to equip himself better for the excursion. The hand wraps were removed, his Inundator equipped, and a quick snack consumed to help in the endeavor. "Alright then. We'll have to head up to the fifth floor, 'cause dungeons don't spawn any lower than that." He continued, starting back down the mountain. The trip back to Urbas was quick, and after wading through whatever crowds occupied the crater town. The warp gate platform was located, and Takao teleported off to the fifth floor, suspecting that Ratatosk would be close behind. When they arrived in Armadillo, Takao set about heading straight to the dungeon he knew of. It took a little less than ten minutes, but before long, they were standing outside the ruins of an old tomb. "I'll take point. Try'n stay close, 'cause there'll be stuff spawning ahead. Y'ready?"

- -

Hand Wraps unequipped.
Inundator equipped.

Lamb Haunch used.

Advanced Dungeon found.

«ID» 56085
«LD» 13 + 3(S&D) + 3(Hands of Midas) + 2(Vitamins) + 2(Reveal)

Edited by Takao

"Alright. I've got your back!" Ratatosk took out his Anneal Blade and kept it by his side, monsters on this floor were something he's never dealt with before, but he should be able to make do since he has decent gear and a nice amount of HP. "So the boss here, how much damage is he going to do? I heard it's pretty tough doing advanced dungeons like these on the intermediate floors."  The tomb was quite grim, but mostly dusty with lots of sand coming in from the cracks and crevices of the walls. "This is going to be tough, don't really know how many monsters we need to fight either."

ID: 56116
BD: 2 + 3(ACC) + 1(Concentration)
LD: 15 + 3(Hands of Midas) + 3(Search & Detect) + 2(Vitamins)
(+8 Materials , +4560 Col)

Takao: 217/217 (53/53)
Sword Art: «Sharp Nail» (13(Base) + 5(Charge) + 6(Alcoholic) = 24 * 6(SA) = 144 DMG)

Antlion 1 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]
Antlion 2 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]
Antlion 3 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]
Antlion 4 0/114 (Mit. 28) [144-28=116 DMG]

11/15 Remaining

"Fifteen," Takao replied simply as he delved into the tomb first, Inundator in hand. "That's the minimum requirement for the big dungeons. Sometimes there'll be a few more than the baseline, but its always manageable." As he spoke, four large insects scurried out from their hiding places. Having seen them with his reveal skill, Takao prepared to engage. The first of the four monsters leaped at him and was subsequently grabbed the mandible. Takao swung the monster around and threw it into the next closest, knocking both of them to the ground. He quickly prepared a sword art before the next two could engage him, and cut through them with ease. The third hit of his sword art sliced through the monsters he'd thrown seconds before, reducing all four to a wave of colourful polygons. "Dungeon boss damage varies by floor number. The ones on this floor do about... fifty five? Around that, I think."

Total Rewards:
8 Materials
4560 Col

Edited by Takao