[PP-F1] Fault Line (Creius) -COMPLETED-

"You're such a dork." Jazmyne face-palmed, unable to contain her laughter in response to Creius's attempt to be even the least bit of comforting. It wasn't his fault that she was hard to please and it wasn't his fault that he probably really didn't feel anything towards anyone at all. She didn't know why she even cared in the first place and all but shoved away the feeling of disappointment. "That'll be your first and last time holding a girl's hand. You should cherish that moment and never forget it. Maybe write about it in your diary or somethin'. Yeah I feel like you'd have a diary." And she was back at it again as if nothing awkward had happened. As if the teasing and slightly rude remarks hadn't stopped. Dark brown eyes scanned the surroundings, cheeks puffed out and back slouched in a position that hinted at Jazmyne's lethargy. "We almost there yet?" She nagged in an easily comparable way to a five year old kicking the back of their mother's seat while asking the question on repeat. Walking was getting boring.

Nathan's eyes widened slightly as she called him a dork and suddenly the awkward atmosphere was dissipated and nothing seemed to have happened. Maybe he had been wrong in his assumptions, as if he would know. Maybe she was toying with him, realizing how unskilled he was in social instances, but that suspicion passed quickly. The suspicion ended up passing because almost immediately she was back to her jesting manner. He opened his mouth to reply, hesitated, then said, "Of course I do not keep up with a dairy, no one has time for that in this game. Plus, who would want to reflect back on what happens in this death game? The Monument of Life is all that one might want to reflect on..." In truth, he kept a journal in the real world but that was because he wanted to capture whatever idea, or ideas, flew through his head that day. Time was not something to be wasted and here he was, stuck in a game and wasting a lot of his life with the potential of losing it. His musing was interrupted by her whining about how far they were from his shop, snapping him back to where they were. He looked around and realized they had made the walk into the market district, familiar shops and kiosks all around. "Oh, it is not that far away. A few more minutes walk at most." Nathan scanned over the crowd, searching for any sign of his own shop's sign, and saw the golden emblem of his shop just a couple city block's length away. He pointed towards the sign and said, "Over there, see the golden sign? That is my shop, The Gilded Hide. As I said, it is not that far away."

• 2 weeks later...