PP-F1: The Innocence that burns

Domarus didn't react negatively, and Esther inwardly gave a sight of relief. Thankful she hadn't upset her new friend. Her tall companion went as far as to reassure her. He asked her if she wanted to be his ally, and Esther gave him a confused look. Didn't that mean friend? Were they not that already? Or was he wanting to get more help from her, and just hadn't voiced it. "Aren't I that already?" She asked, "I mean, I'm your friend right - if you want my help with something just ask and if I feel I can do it, I'll try my best to do it." 

Domarus questioned her about buying things that suited his 'personality' that was something else that confused her, why would that be a bad thing? How would armor make someone appear arrogant. "Mmm...." Esther voiced her thoughts on the matter, "I don't think armor makes you arrogant, its about your attitude. I'm not sure what kind  of armor you'd buy." She paused, looking him up and down. Esther laughed, "I think red and black would suit you, you've got that color scheme going on already. Hahaa."  

Esthers laughter died down when he said he was trying desparetly to gain a reputation. "mmm...." Esther wondered if he was lonely, is that why he was forcing himself to be overly cheerful and happy earlier? Because he was afraid and didn't have that many friends? Domarus did mention something similar to that earlier, but Esther didn't make the connection that it had bothered him till now. "You're lonely?" She asked softly, "So you're afraid of others and how they see you? That's why you were forcing yourself to be overly happy before? Is it that you're worried about befriending people so you're calling them followers?" Esther thought she was onto something here. It was the wrong something, completely and utterly wrong, but it was still a something.

The conversation shifted back to what they should do, "Of course I mean now." Esther exclaimed, "I'm with you now, right? If you want we could find something to eat or drink - or we could travel toward Mari's store on the 10th floor." The lilac haired girl went to stand, dusting herself of - but - not being the most graceful of people she had stepped on her chain - pulling herself back down toward the ground.

He listened as she was a bit confused by his meaning but the overall point she gave him was yes, she'd be his ally.  Pleased that he finally had a hold on one or two people he began to make plans for them.  Esther's purpose was obvious of course:  Get safe access to this Mari character and discuss her 'personal' potions with her.  If Mari was interested in joining him he would gladly accept her help, if only to keep her from standing in his way or killing him in cold blood later, despite what sweet Esther says.  It was always best to be prepared.  Either way this was an excellent opportunity.  And he seemed to be making decent headway with the player known as Arc.  Domarus would make a fine general out of him one day.  One day indeed.  She asked him if his 'gaining reputation' was all so he could gain friends because he was lonely.  Lonely?  He didn't think he would take it that far at all.  All he really needed was his faithful and loyal servant and yet here he was making a potential friend rather than follower.  What was the world coming to?  He shook his head.

"Technically I was fine with the one friend until she went missing.  It was a perfect relationship between us to be honest.  I was honestly shocked that I would ever get any other friend whatsoever.  But you're one of those special ones.  No I'm legitimately trying to get followers for real.  People who will work for me and reap rewards because of it.  And people don't exactly love to follow anyone cruel or heartless, as you can probably guess.  I suppose this Mari fellow doesn't exactly act very nice to others now does she?  And how is that working out?  You can't lead others if you appear as the villain.  You need to look like the hero in shining armor, but really you're pulling all the strings until finally, you have so much power and faithful followers nobody can really do anything."

That's it.  He just gave away half of what he intended to keep secret.  He cursed silently to himself and smirked at her.  This girl whether she realized it or not would make a most excellent interrogator.  However she made a good point that she didn't choose deception on any level.  Perhaps he could trick her into helping him.  Go on a walk and suddenly 'run into' a player that he just so happened to need specific information, and try to gently push the conversation to where his target exposes the tip of it enough to where Esther becomes curious and naturally fishes the information out.  It would especially work if he collected the truth serum this Mari made.  This world just kept producing more and more joyous opportunities for him.  What a joyous life this would be.

"I wouldn't mind a drink at all, in fact I'd welcome it!  And although I'm a little hesitant to just jump the gun and meet this Mari character so soon, if you think it's fine I'll do it.  I have much to discuss with her anyways.  Particularly about her potions.  Heh heh."

Despite his words on followers, Esther still strongly felt that Domarus would be better off if he had a few more close friends, people who he could trust whole heatedly, who he could rely on. The way he spoke about the whole thing...wanting followers, wanting to lead some great force in Aincrad - "That seems lonely..." Esther blurted out. The way he was shocked to have a single friend, how he said Esther was special. Esther smiled at that comment. It seemed so sincere. "I don't exactly understand...the whole follower thing you're talking about." Esther admitted. "It sounds almost like a guild - but without the title or banner to it. Then again, I'm hopeless when it comes to that sort of strategic stuff. Ask me where Orion is in the middle of the day, and I'll be able to tell you - ask me how long it takes a red dwarf to expand, I'll tell you." She laughed, "I guess that doesn't have many applications within this game though."

Esther brushed off her knees from her accidental fall.  "I don't know about heroes or villians, but to me - you're a nice person. If not a little bit odd, but we all have our own quirks right?" He said he would be happy with either a drink or with meeting Mari. Esther smiled brightly. "Why not both? I'll message Mari, and I know she likes Sake - at least, I see her drinking it every so often. So we can meet her and have a drink. Two birds, one stone." Esther reached out to Domarus to help him stand.

"What do you say?"

Domarus listened to how she talked about it being lonely and completely disagreed...  Well partially agreed with her words.  Whenever he did feel lonely, which was extremely rare, he and Raven would share a private moment together.  After that he could go on for months without feeling lonely.  And with all the power he would possess, the followers and servants, the forces that bowed to his will.  His craving for this was far stronger than his need for personal relationship.  However she did have a point.  It would probably benefit to have one or two extra friends.  And of course she wouldn't understand what he was talking about, it wasn't the whole truth.  But she might end up hearing it when he spoke to Mari, if indeed she was the kind of person to accept such an ideal.  If she was he'd tell her his plans and work out a deal with her.

"Honestly I'm rarely lonely and in the short instances I am I have Raven there.  Well, I had her anyway.  I need to find her again soon to be honest.  When I do I won't have a problem.  However I don't see a problem with you and Mari being friends with me.  A little gang of misfits we'd be:  Two masters and.  Oh sorry, a master and 'mentor' as well as the servant and apprentice.  What a dangerous group we would be," he finished with a grin.  He honestly thought her knowledge on the stars was intriguing, and he might be able to make some form of personal communication with her knowledge.  He would have to talk to her about it later, after he set up a shop/lair until he was strong enough to gain a large mansion of some sort without being hated on.  It could be specific hand signals, or flashes of light.  Honestly there were many ways he could go about it and many uses for something like this as well.  She then mentioned how they could do both at the same time and he grinned at her.

"Sounds good.  Lead the way."  Evidently he would be meeting this Mari much sooner than he had intended or planned.  He better start thinking of ways to persuade her, no matter what her personality turned out to be.  He just hoped she didn't mind his version of doing things.  Whether she liked it or not he'd be using her potions for far more than staying alive.  Oh yes, if they struck a deal he'd be her front line customer.

Summary

Domarus gains 1 sp, 200 col, 1 material

Esther gains 1 sp, 200 col