[F1 Armory] Swordaria (Aspirant) << PERMANENTLY CLOSED. READ ON >>

Domarus walked towards the entrance of the shop on the first floor.  Normally he'd go to Macrodon's shop due to his skill and the discount, however he was piled up with orders and Domarus needed this one as swiftly as possible.  He walked into the shop as he thought about his own first customer.  The player had asked for a perfect item but Domarus was still rank one.  Thus he needed tools to make everything easier.  He noticed how the blacksmith mainly made weapons but he was certain that he would make a set of Artisan tools for Domarus.  He walked up to the counter.

"Hi there!  I'd like to place an order for a set of Artisan tools, plus 1 CD please.  And I also do tattoos so make sure you make the tools for that as well."  Domarus needed this quickly, but he couldn't spare col.  Thus he placed four materials on the counter as payment and walked over to one of the chairs while waiting.  He contemplated on what kind of unique skill he might be able to get should they come out when he gained enough col.  He hoped there would be one directed towards dealing damage, but if not he would need to settle for the next best thing.  Whatever happened though, if he gained enough followers he shouldn't be that much afraid of other players.  The risk would be too great.

@Gotz

Edited by Domarus

Even though I am not really ready to forge something yet, I decide to go to my own shop anyway, so I can check my crafts. Forging shields were a pain in the ass, but it was astonishing how I was able to forge two masterpieces after several failed attempts. What a miracle. 

As I enter the shop, I notice my second customer sitting on one of the chairs, and I smile at him as I welcome him to Swordaria. I listen to what he has to say. He wants me to forge a set of perfect, artisan tattoos. As he hand me his materials, I simply laugh a little nervously, because I feel guilty of not having the enough rank to forge such an item.

"I would love to forge that for you, artisan." I said to him, sitting on a chair beside the one he is sitting. "But unfortunately, my rank is still not enough for me to forge tools, regardless of profession. Forgive me for the inconvenience, artisan. Is there anything else you need?"

@Domarus

Domarus had a brief flare of disappointment and frustration as he really didn't have time to be chasing blacksmiths all over Aincrad to finish a craft for a player, but it was brief at best.  He understood that this player probably wanted to become a great blacksmith one day and was working hard to achieve that.  As of right now of course, he was not yet the right rank.  Not to mention materials could be hard to come by if you didn't purchase the skill for it.  Domarus should know.  He failed consistently and only succeeded in getting a few materials from killing monsters.  At least that gave him the chance to gain a little extra col while he was at it.  Domarus raised to his feet and nodded to the man, a smile on his face.  The smile of course, was a false one, but so far he had only discovered one player who saw through the mask.  That player was Mari, a powerful pker and potion master whom he bought specific potions from.

"That's alright blacksmith, I understand completely.  Unfortunately no, there's nothing else I need at the moment.  However I'll keep your shop in mind.  Farewell blacksmith!"  And with that Domarus turned to leave.

The previous customer seems rather off...though I do not wish to indulge more about him. I can even tell that his smile wasn't genuine, it is either a smile of anger, disappointment, or just being a d**k in general. Regardless, I step into the shop and head into the basement to get to today's work. 

As I promise to myself, I am going to forge some armor, and maybe some weapons too. Hopefully the results will be as perfect as they can be.

I gather my remaining steel ingots and count them altogether. Seven...that seems to be enough, although I am a little worried that I will keep failing until the ingots exist no more. I nervously heat up the ingot, watching its natural color turn to bright yellow as it is reader to be flattened and shaped into components of human protection.

I become perhaps a little too calm when I bang the metal with my hammer. Maybe it's the sound of rain outside my shop...

1. ID: 68748 CD: 12

Masterpiece item forged! Gained 8 EXP

2. ID: 68749 CD: 5 LD: 2

Junk item forged. Best salvaged or discarded. Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

I wipe my sweat away as I look at my new creations. There is only one masterpiece grade equipment, but at least the rest of them are good or uncommon. Plus, I manage to save a little amount of materials, and hopefully I will gather them in my next session of violence. The first equipment I forged for today is a Russian Zertsalo plate armor, full suit. I stare in awe of its beauty as I keep my eyes on the texture and pattern I implemented on the surfaces of each piece of armor. I would have use this armor right away, but then, I decide to change my mind and put it on sale instead. 

The good items are Spartan and Viking helmets, while the uncommon is a spear, sharp enough to cause bleeding when piercing the flesh. I originally want to forge metal masks, but seeing that I have no concrete idea on how they would look like, I decide to forge the helmets instead...

Forged items:

Spoiler

tumblr_nskrhgwdf81sei8oao2_400.jpg

Name: Zertsalo Armor

Profession: Blacksmith

ID: 68746

Roll: 12

Tier: 1

Type: Heavy Armor

Quality: Masterpiece

Enhancement: x3 Damage Mitigation

Description: The Russian Zertsalo armor boasts a strong defensive enhancement. Adorned by elaborate patterns, it dates back to a century before the compete obsoletion of plate armor.

Spoiler

e0fd8ba5bb5c2ce39b4a52dac4a03c54.jpg

Name: Spartan Helmet

Quality: Good

Description: The helmet of a Spartan that sports a hoplite across the top of its head. May be effective with one's armor skill, but be aware that your eyes and ears are still vulnerable to hostile blades

Spoiler

UC2961.jpg

Name: Naifu Spear

ID: 68751

Roll: 9

Type: One Handed Spear

Quality: Uncommon

Enhancement: +1 Bleed

Description: A modern looking spear fitted with a tip that resembles the blade of a knife. The tip and edges of the metal are sharp enough to pierce through one's flesh or crevice such as an eye socket. 

Spoiler

only-existing-viking-age-helmet-norway.j

Name: Scandinavian Helmet

Description: The exact replica of the only known Viking helmet to be excavated from a former Viking site. It is likely belong to a dead king, and yet the metal still retains despite its corrosion.

I almost lost my interest in blacksmithing due to a current, unexplained depression I am having right now. Maybe it comes from my loneliness...or the fact that I don't feel strong enough. I tried really hard to brush off my loneliness with various methods. Walking to beautiful places, killing random mobs, but all of these won't ever work. The only cure to my depression is blacksmithing, and I have spent hours on reading about it as well as staring at my crafts and the ingots I currently have...

..time to get to work... I think to myself. I take an ingot and heat it up, and this time I may have overheat it. But no matter, it can just be cool down before I can start hammering down the material. I keep thinking of the elf girl I rescued, and how happy she was when she reunited with her lover. I felt happy upon seeing such a touching moment, and of course, the elf thanks me and gave me some of his COL. At this point, my depression began to hit and..the rest is history..

1. ID: 68857 CD: 4

You failed! Gained 1 EXP

2.ID: 68858 CD: 7

Good item forged! Gained 2 EXP

3. ID: 68859 CD: 5 LD: 13

Junk item forged. Best salvaged or discarded. Gained 1 EXP

Results: 

Spoiler

EF_basicshield_1_front.JPG

Name: Black Heater Shield

Type: Shield

Description: An ordinary heater shield that provides decent protection.

Edited by Gotz

There was a time where I watch a blacksmith forging a katana in his forging area next to a temple in Osaka. He allowed me to do so, for he is happy that I have a deep interest in katanas. I watched the way he banged and folded the steel with his holder. He explains everything about the process, and the purposes of certain steps such as applying ashes of rice straws to compensate the original carbon lost in the metal itself. He also told me of how it may be possible to forge a katana alone, but it requires strength and hard work to work on some parts of the hammering.

I always come back to the temple just to see the process, sometimes I may even assist him in shaping and bending the blank blade of the sword. After around a few months, I watched him signing the tang of the blade with his name, and he gave me the task of polishing it. It was a relaxing work, and it is also satisfying to see the blade shining in its glory...I pass the blade to the craftsmen that made parts of the sword such as a hilt and a scabbard.

This was my first time in seeing and helping a blacksmith at work with my own eyes and hands respectively. Although he never had 'time' to train me, he wished me the best and gave me some origami swans, which I believe, are still kept somewhere in my room.

..hm...

1. ID: 68905 CD: 3

You are a failure! Gained 1 EXP

2. ID: 68906 CD: 11

Rare item forged! Gained 5 EXP

3. ID: 68907 CD: 11

Rare item forged! Gained 5 EXP

Results:

Spoiler

523.jpg

Name: Estoc

ID: 68906

Roll: 11

Type: One Handed Rapier

Quality: Rare

Enhancement: +2 Accuracy

Description: A sword with a slender blade that allows piercing of target's weak points as well as the gaps of chainmail and plate armor.

Spoiler

medieval_sword.png

Name: Windlass Sword

ID: 68907

Roll: 11

Type: One Handed Straight Sword

Quality: Rare

Enhancement: +2 Bleed

Description: A sword with the ability to cause wounds to squirt blood like fountains. How is this achieved is unknown, but it is likely due to the extreme sharpness of the blade.

Edited by Gotz