[F1 Armory] Swordaria (Aspirant) << PERMANENTLY CLOSED. READ ON >>

fantasy-viking-helmet-vector-1021780.jpg

NOTICE: From this point, the store will no longer operate, as business do not go well and I only feel like forging armors only because in my opinion, weapons and shields do not really need to be replaced once they are have the maximum enhancements to one's character. Plus the shop is messy with most of my unnecessary posts (eg: I should have rolled attempts in one post instead of separately) dominating the thread.

Welcome to Swordaria, warriors. Here you can find and buy an assortment of weapons and armor. You may be here to look for a more powerful equipment, or perhaps you are here to replace that starter crap you are stuck with. 

Requests are always open, so feel free to ask for a custom equipment that you need. The estimated time of the creation depends on the remaining crafts I have per day.

Keep in check of my stats below, so you may at least know that I will forge more types of equipment. 

Bad items are a no-no to my profession. Only a fool wields a blunt instrument and crippling armor.

Happy adventuring, warriors. Remember, the loser must not blame his weapons, but his own lacking skills.

EDIT: Some of you visitors may have notice the sudden change of my rank and my rolls. This is because I made a mistake of attempting to many crafts, and thus I had to edit the rank and the rolls. As for the items...I don't know whether I should keep them or not. Will confirm that later.

EDIT 2: Only the Zertsalo Armor and the Claymore remains. At least I haven't made any trades...so that's a relieve.

STATS

Spoiler

EXP: 34

Materials Owned: 28

Crafts Per Day: 3

Rolls: 1 (Pathetic Attempt), 2 - 3 (Failure), 4 - 6 (Bad, possibly salvaged), 7 - 9 (Good), 10 (Uncommon), 11 (Rare), 12 (Masterpiece)

PRICES

Spoiler

Good = 200/300 COL or 1/2 Material

Uncommon = 400/500 COL or 2/3 Materials

Rare = 600/700 COL or 3/4 Materials

Masterpiece = 800/900 COL or 4/5 Materials

Legend: On Display/Custom

On Display

Spoiler

GOOD

Spoiler

EF_basicshield_1_front.JPG

Name: Black Heater Shield

Type: Shield

Quality: Good

Description: An ordinary heater shield that provides decent protection.

UNCOMMON

Spoiler

RARE

Spoiler

Spoiler

AH-4113.png

Name: Claymore

Profession: Blacksmith

ID: 68445

Roll: 11

Tier: 1

Type: Two-Handed Sword

Quality: Rare

Enhancement: +2 DMG

Description: A Scottish sword that remains serviced to the Scots from medieval times to the 19th century. Although the blade provides some extra damage, it is better used with the combination of one's Sword Arts.

Spoiler

523.jpg

Name: Estoc

ID: 68906

Type: One Handed Rapier

Enhancement: +2 Accuracy

Description: A sword with a slender blade that allows piercing of target's weak points as well as the gaps of chainmail and plate armor.

Spoiler

medieval_sword.png

Name: Windlass Sword

ID: 68907

Type: One Handed Straight Sword

Enhancement: +2 Bleed

Description: A sword with the ability to cause wounds to squirt blood like fountains. How is this achieved is unknown, but it is likely due to the extreme sharpness of the blade.

MASTERPIECE

Spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_nskrhgwdf81sei8oao2_400.jpg

NOT FOR SALE! FOR PERSONAL USE!

Name: Zertsalo Armor

ID: 68746

Roll: 12

Type: Heavy Armor

Quality: Masterpiece

Enhancement: x3 Damage Mitigation

Description: The Russian Zertsalo armor boasts a strong defensive enhancement. Adorned by elaborate patterns, it dates back to a century before the compete obsoletion of plate armor.

Edited by Gotz

blacksmith_s_shop_by_zanariya-d6twt7b.pn

Alas, I finally own my very own blacksmith shop, it takes around a few days to set up the shop, but the hard work is worth it. The shop has a counter and wall racks that displays my creations. Full armors may be displayed at an armor stand, and they would be located at the corner of the shop.

Further into the shop is a basement, aka my workplace. It consists of a large furnace and an array of tools and furniture. Oh, and let's not forget the anvil sitting in front of the furnace. If I want to rest during a break, there is a bed which is placed from the furnace's heat. I can relax there with great comfort. As for necessities such as food and drink, I can just buy them from shops and eat here if I wish. 

Now that my shop is set up, I step into the basement for the first day of my job. Time to create my first weapon...

ID: 68310

CD: 3

You are a failure!

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

That never go well as planned. The metal breaks as I attempt to forge the blade of a sword. I think I overheat the ingot, for it is ridiculously bright orange while I was pounding the hammer against the surface. It is too brittle to salvage for any spare material, so I dispose it and grab another ingot, ready to forge it into shape.

There is a reason why I choose Floor 1 as the location of my shop. The Starting City has the highest traffic level in Aincrad, and with tons of players still staying in the city, this would be a great chance to attract customers. If I try to open my shop at other floors, well chances are, you might only get a few customers, and your business may not run very well. That is just my thought, and I think I have made a good decision.

Onward to the next attempt, let's see what we have here...hmm..

ID: 68320

CD: 6

LD: 1

Junk item forged. Best salvaged or disposed.

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

The sword I forged is more like an old weapon that is dated some centuries ago. If you have seen images of such weapons before, you already know how brittle the metal looks. The handle and hilt remain intact though, but unless you are very proficient at something called pommel throwing, it is best to ditch the weapon right away.

What is more unfortunate is the fact that there are so little to salvage from my feeble-looking sword, so naturally I discard it. Grabbing another ore, I smelt it in the furnace as I hope to myself that this time, my forging will be a success. I take extra precautions in heating and handling the ore as I start whacking my hammer onto its surface.

ID: 68321

CD: 7

LD: 1

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

The blade looks a bit better than the previous creation, but the problem is that I accidentally bent the metal, rendering it useless in combat. The tip also doesn't look healthy, as it isn't sharp enough to pierce the target.

Wiping the sweat of my forehead, I once again salvage my poor weapon for any spare metal. After confirming that there is none to salvage, I discard it and look at the burning furnace. Look at the brightness of that thing...it is almost as if I am keeping the Sun in a basement. The fireplace should be considered enough as the main source of light since it lights most of the room with a mix of red and orange color.

I go back to work and start forging another ingot, this time carefully checking any errors I might make in the process.

ID: 68322

CD: 5

LD: 7

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

After tons of hammering, heating and quenching, I finally craft a decent sword. It resembles one that dates back to the Iron Age, so it doesn't look too special. I decide to test my first creation by foolishly striking the anvil, which results in a broken blade. I glance at my weapon with a dumb look on my face, realizing that I forgot to make a few adjustments to the sword including sharpening and hardening the metal. What a pain...

Still, I have a few more materials with me. Hopefully I get to make two weapons before my supply of ores dwindle. I smelt the next one until it forms into an ingot, then I proceed to slam its surface with the hammer.

ID: 68323

CD: 9

Good item forged!

Gained 2 EXP

Edited by Gotz
Spoiler

latest?cb=20130411192131

Name: Broadsword

Type: One Handed Straight Sword

Description: A common military sword used during the Middle Ages. It is light and easy to use. A good early replacement for a starter weapon that sports a crappy design.

Whew...at last. A good sword forged by own hands. I spend at least an hour to sharpen and polish the blade, as well as hardening the metal further during the forging process. The broadsword is very common, but at least it has a sleek detail on its blade. Satisfied with my work, I put the blade onto my table as I take another ingot, panning to forge another weapon before being done with my work.

The nice things about weapons are...they never betray you. I remember this quote from Dark Souls, and as a blacksmith, it should be implemented to the hearts of warriors and other smithies. It is best to take care of your weapon on your own accord, you may want to repay the deeds it has done for you throughout your journey...

...this metal looks appealing to look at, but let's still see what we are going to get this time.

ID: 68324

CD: 11

Rare item forged!

Gained 5 EXP

Edited by Gotz
Spoiler

523.jpg

Name: Estoc

ID: 68324

Type: One Handed Rapier

Enhancement: +2 Accuracy

Description: A medieval rapier that is very effective at piercing certain weak points of the enemy. It is also useful against splits of rings of chainmail or crevices of plate armor.

The small tapping of the hammer fills the room as I adjust the width of the blade, making the sure the tip is very sharp to the point where it can penetrate through the flesh or openings of armor. Look at that...it looks really slender, but imagine stabbing your own brain with this rapier. You will surely die instantly, unless you are a zombie where the only possible way to attack with a rapier is to penetrate through the eye socket and the brain matter.

After cleaning and sharpening the weapon further, I stare at my marvelous creation, a smile spreads across my face. I am really proud of what I have made today. I put both the estocs and the broadswords in the display case and walk back to the basement to shut off my furnace.

Today's work is done. Now I should get myself a nice, cold glass of lemonade and a meal of roast pork and rice. Perhaps I can come back tomorrow...rrgh...I need more materials...

Edited by Gotz

Coming back to the shop feels like a breeze. The smell of my new shop is still strong, and...it feels strangely good. I should get some perfume to add flavor to the air's freshness...

Missing a day's work is such a crappy thing to do, as I was too tired to work. But thankfully, after a couple meals and some research on blacksmithing, I regained the heart to go to work today. I venture downstairs towards the basement and start the job by applying some high-quality coal, then I use the furnace's fire starter and 'blower' to maintain the distribution of the heat. I pick out an ore from my inventory and smelt it while drinking a flask of cold water. The ore itself slowly forms into a perfect, rectangular ingot. 

Next, I put the ingot onto the anvil and..oh my...look at the way it glows...it is so beautiful...

...I grab my hammer and start pounding onto the metal.

CD: 11

Rare item forged!

Gained 5 EXP!

Edited by Gotz
Spoiler

AH-4113.png

Name: Claymore

Type: Two-Handed Sword

Enhancement: +2 DMG

Description: A Scottish sword that remains serviced to the Scots from medieval times to the 19th century. Although the blade provides some extra damage, it is better used with the combination of one's Sword Arts.

Yes! The ingot remains very intact throughout the forging process, and I have been very careful at retaining its quality and quantity. I decide to forge a two handed sword this time, and today's sword will be a claymore. Claymore swords comes in two variants: the medieval two handed sword and the basket-hilted rapier. I forge the former as that weapon could potentially deal additional damage. I think it is a guarantee that it works better with the combination of a Sword Art, because this Claymore has its very own package of destruction against the living body.

Without further ado, I keep the sword after some polishing and sharpening, and grab another metal ore as I plan to forge an axe this time. Axes can be a sharp warhammer if used skillfully, there is a tale where this king fought with a full armored knight, and the former won by splitting his helmet and head altogether with his battle axe. Effectively, the knight's fellows lose morale and the king won the battle. Besides, axes are also a core weapon of the Vikings, due to its effectiveness in breaking shields and, of course brains.

ID: 68452

CD: 5

LD: 14

Junk item forged. Best salvaged or discarded.

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

The axe is formed rather poorly, and the blade looks more like a sponge than steel. There is nothing to salvage since I slightly overburned the metal. I dispose the bad weapon away and work on the next steel ingot.

Look at the sparks that I make every time I bang the metal with a hammer...they look very gorgeous..like fireworks...I remember my first firework show in a local sakura park. It was very breezy at the time, but it isn't too cold for a nighttime picnic. Of course, I was alone.

I was looking at the stars and identified some constellations that are visible in the sky. The following constellations were the Big Dipper, Southern Cross, and the Orion. In the middle of pretending to be a sailor that uses the stars for navigation, I hear loud explosions and look up the sky, just in time to see a firework in the pattern of a flower. These fireworks would emit different patterns...and..I was hypnotized by them, to say the least...

Heh..there is so much to say about my life in Japan, some of the moments are very memorable....nostalgia is a powerful bullet..

ID: 68454

CD: 4

You are a failure!

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

Maybe I am already familiar with Western films as a child, but even as a local, Japanese films are sometimes abstract, weird and metaphorical. When I first saw the film "Battle Royale", I thought it is a merely a film about students killing each other in a deathmatch to survive. That is it. But as I watch it the second time, then the third, I realized that this film also serves as a satire of the Japanese economy during the Lost Decade, which was the time where the country's price bubble collapse in the early 90s to the 2000s. 

Another aspect I notice is that the film also commentates on the issues of school violence. I think there is a part in the film where it stated that because of that issue, the government decide to initiate the gladiatorial games, and ironically, violence is the only way to win the game. I like to believe that this film wants us to prevent school violence, no matter how minor it appears to be. 

'Battle Royale' is a one-of-a-kind film in the Japanese cinema industry, and yes, people were shocked at the fact that children are forced to kill each other. But at the same time, we praise the film for trying something new, as well as crossing the boundaries of morality. 

Ahem...let's check on the metal eh...

ID: 68456

CD: 6

LD: 2

Junk item forged. Best salvaged or discarded.

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

Ah, what the hell...no worries...I dispose the ugly axe that sports such a brittle blade that it would completely break in one strike. At least I still have some steel ores to work on while discussing about..let's see..ah. 

Japanese horror. My favorite genre as a local. You see, unlike Western horror which, although having several great works, tend to try too hard to look scary and overproduced, the local horror always rely on the fear of the unknown and suspense. Even if you anticipate that something is about to happen, you still have no idea when it will occur due to the constant presence of the disturbing atmosphere. Scenes will often caught viewers off guard, and rather than assaulting their eyes, Japan's world of the supernatural tend to mess with the brain so you can't even see the line between reality and imagination. 

This metal ingot is almost taking shape into an axe, hopefully my forging succeeds this time. If not, well, I can work on one more while monologuing about Ringu, one of the staple horror works of Japan.

ID: 68459

CD: 4

LD: 4

You are a failure!

Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz

The American version of the Ringu tape seems too 'produced' and artificial. I do not understand why they would add a singing child? That is not scary at all. Even the moving furniture and centipede have no significance with the events of Sadako, or Samara. The water in the tape looks too high quality for a VHS, and people think that a combination of gross and creepy is a good idea. It is not..let me get a drink first...

Ah...so, the gross factor. Yes, you may be disgusted, but it isn't creepy at all. It ruins the atmosphere, which is suppose to be mysterious and eerie. Gore isn't an ingredient to the scare factor.

Now compared to the American tape, here are my thoughts when I watched the original, Japanese version. The first image had already established the true kinds of horror atmosphere: eerie and unnerving. There is no music, and there is no alien-like sound effect. The sounds in the American version are annoying to my ears, but the sounds in the original? Ooh, it tingles my spine like the Tingler. They are not loud, but they are enough to make the tape subtle. The dark imagery in the Japanese tape leaves me unsettled and made me think. 

In conclusion, the RIngu tape is eerie, subtle and effective, while The Ring tape is overproduced, over the top and ends up being not in the creep factor.

ID: 68460

CD: 9

Good item forged!

Gained 2 EXP

Edited by Gotz
Spoiler

yhst-138463016558931_2413_175989996.gif

Name: Norse Axe

Type: One Handed Battle Axe

Description: A common battle axe used by the Vikings during battles and raids. The blade is decorated with patterns that may be of religious significance.

All of my talking has me concentrating on shaping the metal. I somehow manage to forge a Viking axe, and in my honest opinion, I really love the decorations on the blade. They look better when the blade was polished later. It is also light to use, so I don't think that anyone would have a problem of swinging this axe.

Satisfied with my works today, I take my new weapons upstairs and place them onto the racks. Even though I still receive no customers, I remain optimistic with the increase of the quantity of my weapons. 

At some point I should be moving up towards Floor 2, or 3. But because I need materials, I should just stick to Floor 1. There is always a time to advance to the next floor, and plus, I already know what to do next...

I leave the shop with the OPEN sign still intact, so people can at least browse my new weapons. Hopefully I will get some transactions the next time I arrive in my own shop.

Zulas walked into the this new blacksmith store that had opened up. He wasn't looking for a powerful weapon, but he was looking for some type of light armor in order to get rid of his starter one. He walked in, hearing the bell chime customary to stores all over the world. He looked at it and guessed that it was like that in video games as well. This made him half smile as he walked around the store and looked at the items the store had on display.

The store did not have much in terms of items, only a couple of weapons displayed on weapon racks to attract customers. The thing was that he didn't see any armor and wondered if this store crafted only weapons. He had an idea in mind that he wanted to convey to the blacksmith, so he walked up to the counter and rang a small bell that was sitting on top of it. He hoped that somebody was in, although he wasn't very comfortable in front of people. But he needed to talk to them about a light armor that he wanted to have crafted. "Well, here goes."

It has been quite a while since I last left Floor 1. I really miss my shop, and I cannot wait to start forging again. As I enter my shop, I notice my first customer, a dark blue haired male is standing at my counter, browsing at my available items. Smiling faintly, I walk up to him and tap his shoulder to get his attention.

"Welcome to Swordaria." I speak in a rough, but soft voice. "What are you looking for, sir? If you are looking for weapons, feel free to look over them. If you are looking for armor, then I regret to tell you I am still training myself in forging any pieces of armor, so they are yet to be in the list.

Ah, but now I can start forging shields. If you wish for one of your own shape and size, I can forge that shield. It is better to have one than nothing at all. Forgive me for the inconvenience."

I do hope that my training in forging armors will be complete quickly, for my cravings for wearing a full suit of plate armor is driving me a little mad.

"Well if you need me, I will be downstairs. Just take your time, player. Don't worry, I will save the last forging of the night just for you, should you ever need a shield."

I pat his shoulder as I let out a smile and head down into the basement. Immediately, I light the furnace and start working on the steel ores. It feels good to back to forging again, I think I need a little break from adventuring...it is fun...but...somehow I find my job more fun to do than spilling random blood, even though violence is in my blood.

As soon as I heat the first steel ingot of the day, I start banging on the metal, this time planning on forging shields.

1. ID: 68653 CD: 6 LD: 13

Junk item forged. Best salvaged or discarded. Gained 1 EXP

2. ID: 68654 CD: 2

You are a failure! Gained 1 EXP

Edited by Gotz
Made a fatal mistake by attempting several crafts instead of two

New items that are forged:

Spoiler

latest?cb=20111201174004

Name: Hylian Shield

ID: 68661

Tier: 2

Enhancement: x3 Damage Mitigation

Description: The famous shield wielded by the Hero of Hylian, Link. The super-strength of the metal grants excellent protection from the dangers of Aincrad. Make sure you polish and treat it well, for it is a great form of repayment for your protector.

Spoiler

98d0942a5f1f1e424b476aa01c8812bc.jpg

Name: Nikkoriwarau 

ID: 68665

Tier: 2

Enhancement: +2 Paralyze, x1 DMG Mitigation

Description: A tower shield that bears an unnerving face of a man grinning with a maddening expression. The face is so disturbing to look at that even the opposing individual will find himself shivering while not making a move at all. Optionally, it can be a perfect sleeping companion, and you will need a change of pants when he enters your dreams  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Spoiler

01d64938380c93599fe7775812f1cc7c.jpg

Name: Samurai Armor

ID: 68667

Type: Heavy Armor

Enhancement: +2 Recovery

Description: Full armour of a samurai. It grants the wearer some recovery for his or her stamina. Samurais wear such armors to swing their swords and polearms without ever stopping.

Spoiler

bed61756b009f9e6135dc6a371ae9afe.jpg

Name: Viking Shield

Description: A standard Viking shield. Good for forming a shield wall with others. The metal dome can be used as a blunt weapon while bashing.

Zulas got startled by the big man and his very confident attitude poked him in the back. He turned around with a slight jump and stood there a bit awkward while the supposed store owner talked to him. Zulas didn't know what to say so the blacksmith went away and left him standing around in the store. After a second he started to hear the banging of steel against steel, all in the rhythmic fashion of creating the shields that he said he was going to make. 

After hearing a couple of strikes, he jumped back into action and headed towards the door but before he got out a simple piece of paper and wrote a note: "Hello, sir. I apologize for not saying anything earlier but it was very kind of you to tell me that. I'm not looking for a shield right now, but when I do you'll be there first to know. Thank you and again, I apologize." 

Zulas put the note inside the envelope and left it on top of the counter his name on it. Shortly after, he exited the store with the same bell chime that he had heard when he came in. Weirdly enough, he didn't hear it ring when the store owner or at least, he wasn't paying any attention to it. He shrugged and continued down the street towards his next destination.