So like, how does this work?

Hello, and welcome to the site!

This Forum-site is a text-based RP as you'd imagine.
I'm going to make a slightly detailed tutorial for you, so hang on! :D

Where should I start RP'ing?
Because you're a beginner and haven't done much, you would probably stay in what we call the "Beginner Floors" ranging from floor 1 to floor 10, this is the best place for beginners to roam for now.

Now we know where to RP, like you asked How do I start an RP?
It's quite simple. When you enter the sub-forum "Beginner Floors", this button will be seen
Beginner floors.PNG
The green button called "Start new topic" is where you will need to press to make your RP thread.

Alright, so now we know how to initiate the startup of the thread, now let's delve into what you need to have in a thread.
The title, what should be in it?
When you start out a new thread, you will most likely see something along these lines here
Create new topic.PNG
You can see that there are 3 fields, one for the title, one for the tag and a last one for the actual text you want in your post.
We are starting out with the title and what needs to be in it.
Fir off, you want to specify if the thread is going to be: OP/PP/SP, OP meaning Open Party, PP meaning Private Part, SP meaning Solo Party.
Open Party means that everybody can join and leave the thread whenever they wish, now, you can always say that there's an amount of people that caps the amount you want to RP with, 3-4 max is a good place to start out, as it will go fluid and not too clunky.
Private Party means that only those you have invited to the thread may be in the thread, unless you invite more people to it.
Solo Party means that it's only you in that thread and that no other person may or can join.

Since you're a beginner, you probably want something along the lines of Private Party or Open Party. Social threads are the safest ones to actually accomplish when you're below level 5, as even the weakest mobs on the first floor can kill you with no real difficulty, so beware of the 1 hit knock out Boar, stay in groups, and probably also stay in the safe zone.

So now that we have found the kind of thread we want, we want to find which floor we want it to be on.
It's pretty simple, all you need to do is specify which floor you want to be on, and now since we're only going to be in the Beginner Floors for now, we're only going to use floor 1 to 10.
When you specify which floor the thread is on, you simply say F# where the # is the floor number.
Here's and example:

I want a thread on the 5th floor that's a private party because I want to quest with my buddies, so the thread title should at least contain F5-PP.
F5 because it's on floor 5, and PP because it's private party. I usually add brackets to distinguish them from the thread's actual name, so it will be something along the lines of [F5-PP] <Thread Name>. So now we want a thread name, be creative, add something witty, or maybe just find something general to name it.
[F5-PP] A journey with friends. This is an extremely OK thread name, and is easy to know what's going on.

Cool, so now we have the title nailed! Next is the Tag.
The tagging system in the threads are super simple, you just press the "Add tag" button and a drop down menu will show OP, PP and SP, you just choose.
We're nearly done!

All we need to do now is make an initial post to start out the thread, it can be whatever you want.
A good thing to know, is that Each post needs at least 150 words, or it will be nullified. This is because we want a post with detail instead of just a single line of something dull, give your RP-partners something to react to. 
Now you have everything you need to know on how to start a RP. With all the information I've been giving you, a thread starter should look something like this
A Journey with friends.PNG
All you have to do now is to hit the "Submit topic" button a bit lower on the screen and you're set!

I hope my small tutorial had helped you, and that I will see you on the fields of Aincrad at some point.
Many happy regards
- Macradon, a.k.a. Macaroni, Macaroon, Mac'n'Cheese and whatever you can fit "Mac" into.

No problem, yo.

If you have any questions, I'd like to help you out.
If I'm not online or out of reach, there're always the PST (Player Support Team) that can assists, or the Admins or GMs (Game Masters).