[PP-F11] Respite (Birdie)

"Home's home, right?" he asked as she stepped back toward her door and offered a broad smile. "It was a good night, Ava," he told her. "Thanks again for going out with me. We'll definitely do it again some time."

Tobias folded his arms low across his chest and took a deep breath- what else was there to say? So many things could have slipped free from his lips if he let them, but he had always been overly careful. He had to think about how they would be received, and how the girl would feel. For now, that the night was good and the sentiment that he wanted to go again seemed like enough. He scratched his head and considered the other words, just outside his reach.

His eyes settled on her, and the desire to say anything at all faded away. It was... nice. Just being there, in the moment with her.

But he wasn't about to leave it at awkward silence. No, Tobias was determined to keep that at bay. "I actually really like the aesthetic," he murmured after a moment. "It's not stuck out like a sore thumb, like a lot of shop owners prefer. It speaks to the... ah..." he thought for a moment "...composure and confidence of the proprietor."

Did that sound alright? Bah. It was something, anyway. "As long as you're safe, and you're happy, that's all that really matters about the place. Right?"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birdie couldn't help but blink, where had that come from? Still, she appreciated the sentiment, showing a smile as she took a moment to admire the shop from the outside. "Right. It's a lot better than some of the other options out there- sleeping at an inn every night wasn't an affordable option way back when, so, this place really did suit its purpose well. Maybe I'll take it easy on my house search... still, a change of scenery wouldn't go amiss."

She faced him again. The night had truly been perfect, the last thing she wanted to do was end it on a dull note. She stepped forwards and slipped her arms around Tobias' neck, passing by his eyes as she leaned into a hug. "Thanks for tonight, I really needed this.." Her words nearly trembled though she managed to retain a calm composure, pressing her head deep into shoulder. Allowing a moment to pass, she gently pulled away. "I'll... see you again soon?"

He hugged her close and closed his eyes as she pulled into his chest. Tobias buried his face playfully in her hair for a moment as she spoke and pulled away after planting a gentle peck. That was more affection than he had ever shown in his life, but he was so elated he hardly recognized the goofiness of his behavior.

"For sure," he nodded as he shot her the rare double thumbs up and smiled brightly. "I can't wait to see you again!"

One could see the genuine, childlike enthusiasm when he called out the answer. It was as though he'd been given something so precious, so amazing that he didn't know how else to react.

"I'll shoot you a message when I get to my room," he called as he turned and practically sprinted toward the center of town. "Bye for now!"

An unfamiliar warmth spread across her cheeks as she felt his lips press against the top of her head, all systems shut down as she took a moment to process it. She'd snap a freeze frame of that precious moment if she could, not wanting to let go of the first real kiss in their relationship. As time eventually drew them apart, her arms slipped from his sides as he pulled away, quickly retreating them back to the warm pockets inside her jacket.

Ava's eyes rolled as the man shot her the cheesy gesture, the woman's gleeful smile unwavering as her gaze found its way back to Tobias. "Me too." The look in his eyes showed true joy, a positivity she'd never seen in him before, and an expression she could wilfully admit to feeling all the same. Raising a hand into a wave, she called out to him as he began his departure. "Okay~ be safe! Call me! O-or well- uh.." Her words fell short as he was already long gone, and the hand that was once waving gently slapped her face on the way down. "Call me- how can he call me? I really hope he didn't hear that.."

Turning on the spot, she went the opposite way from Tobias and approached the entrance to her shop, stepped through the door, and closed it behind her. One of the best days she'd ever had in the game drew to a close, bearing the promise of many more to come.

~~~

Thread completed!

Birdie: +3 SP, +600 Col

Arc: +3 SP, +600 Col