[F1-PP] A Single Step <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Mist hopped across the cobbled pavements, singing a tune to herself as she went by. Today was the day the young spearwoman had accepted her very first quest. She had only just finished exploring every nook and cranny in the Town of Beginnings, hence her rather slow start compared to practically every other player in the game. It was only a few weeks back she had heard that the frontliners had cleared floor 20. "Oh." The brunette raised a finger to her lips and glanced upwards from her game. A wooden door blocked her path, directly above the door a rusted iron sign dangling down from it read <Zachariah's> workshop. In faded jet black ink. "Well, this must be the place," Mist said in a curious, high pitched tone of voice. Without hesitating, she swung the door open and looked inside, to a rather musty dark black room. "Hello?" She said slowly, her jaw dropping at all the different types of potions and such on the wall. "..." 

Edited by Mist

Mist stood there bewildered by all the strange vials, and then in a very suspicious way her eyes scanned the room once more to see if anyone was there. "Hehe, I'm sure they won't mind me taking a look." She whispered sinisterly to herself. Before casually walking over to the nearest shelf and poking the various types of liquids on the wall. "So many colors, Can I drink them? No that'd be stealing." Mist nodded to herself, she would never steal. As long as she could observe them from afar that'd make her happy. The sound of coughing from behind Mist, made her suddenly stand to attention. 

"I hope you are going to pay for those." An old yet wise sounding voice said. Mist laughed nervously "Eheh, sorry I was just looking..." She slowly turned to face the store's owner. By the look of the person, she would guess he was Zackariah.  "I'm only joking young one, let me guess you have come here for the quest." The old man stood with his arms behind his back, he had long white hair and stood with good posture. The way in which he spoke was gentle but sharp. Mist could tell he was no enemy and nodded her head. "I have come to take your quest. What is my first task!"

Zackariah spent the next ten minutes or so telling Mist her objective. "Okay, so I need to go out, collect some materials and bring them back to you," Mist repeated to herself over and over again, until she fully understood and then went on her way to collect the items. "Ah, that is a good feeling." The spearwoman said closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in as she exited the musty workshop. "Now which way was the gate?" She looked up and down the street, scrunching her nose up as she tried to think. Eventually recalling her earlier memories, the brunette began her trip. "Oh I am so ready for this, I haven't been outside yet!" She giggled, her walking breaking out into more of a skip. By the time she had reached the gate her heart was pounding in excitement. The gate stood looming above her, it was highly intimidating in its own way, starting the unforeseen path of many players, some of which who's path only ended in death and despair. "Not me!" She said in a determined tone of voice, before proceeding to raise her jagged war spear into the air like a maniac. 

Despite the odd glances coming her way, Mist continued onward outside the town of beginnings and into the fields. "I hear the boars on this floor might have claimed more lives than any other." The brunette thought cautiously.  Scanning the fields it was true that plenty of boars were in site. However she was puzzled as to how they could be so dangerous. "I won't be fighting any today so it shouldn't matter." The spearwoman mumbled to herself in a sweet tone. Once she had got that out her head she sudden came to a realization to the beauty of this place and couldn't help but feel the curiosity surging back through her. "Wow... this is amazing!" Mist let out in a hushed voice, all around her green fields sprawled out and in her far gaze she could make out the forests of this floor. "To think there are even nineteen more floors like this, I have been wasting all this time in just one town." With the wind brushing her hair, and the feeling of the dirt beneath her feet. Mist suddenly found herself breaking out into a gleeful sprint similar to that of a doe. "For once in my life I have never felt this sort of freedom." Taking in a deep breath Mist managed to calm her nerves, she was on a quest after all. "Now time to find some materials."

Mist continued to take all her surroundings in, a pictures scene was what it might have been described as. Colorful flowers of red and blue littered the fields distracting her attention from the task at hand. "I wonder if they have a smell." The spearwoman crouched down and plucked one from the earth. A trail of crystals followed from the point of the break. Graciously lifting it to her face she smelled the flower. "Sweet." Mist smiled as she lowered her hand, she then watched the remainder of the flower dissipate in the palm of her hand. "Unfortunately it seems I can't use them as materials. Ah well..." Her eyes dropped sadly. It looked like this was going to be more work than she had expected. "Perhaps I should try somewhere else, im sure there are some flowers I can use." Now on her knees the brunette looked around her general vicinity. Sometimes true beauty was hidden and could only be found when looking beneath the surface.

ID 75232:

Loot: 6 (fail)

Materials found: (0/5)

Edited by Mist

Mist sat there staring into oblivion for a moment, unfortunately nothing stood out to her as a material. "Grrrr..." The player wiped away some hair that had gotten into her eyes and growled in frustration, before it turned into more of a whimper. "Didn't he say I needed something of a certain type of flowers, how can I have forgotten." Mist rubbed her eyes and lay flat on the floor staring up into the sky. She knew that he wanted flowers after all the workshop owner was an alchemist but she couldn't remember where she should be looking for them. "I have been out here a whole hour and still haven't found anything." The sun above was half-way over meaning it was only midday. Mist scrunched up her face and sneezed before sitting back up. "We must push onward." She let out in a raised voice, despite her being the only person there. Finally standing up she didn't bother brushing off the dirt and instead made her way towards the forest.

ID 75233:

Loot: 9 (fail)

Materials found: (0/5)

Edited by Mist

Mist hummed her usual tune to herself as she walked along carefree. The fields stretched out for a few miles, to the far East she took note of a farm which seemed to be growing various crops by the looks of things. "I wonder if a player owns that." And then to the west where they seemed to go on endlessly. The young brunette was so preoccupied in looking at everything that she failed to notice what was on the floor. "Ouch." Mist went tumbling into a patch of grass head first. Turning around she saw she had tripped on some sort of tree root. "What's that doing here?" Mist crawled over to the nearby root and examined it. Unlike the flower from earlier this seemed to be an object. "Maybe the owner could use this?" Mist said curiously putting the root into her bag. The owner was an alchemist after all so it would have made sense he could use something like that. Huffing out a breath she turned and once again made her way to the forest.

ID 75234:

Loot: 16 (success)

Materials found: (1/5)

Edited by Mist

As Mist entered the forest for the first time in a while she felt a huge surge of excitement, it was surreal despite the fact it was a game it was a place filled with wonder and mystery, creatures beyond her imagination and treasures could be lying in wait. Despite the fact she was behind most other players in the game there would be plenty of materials around she was certain of it. "Where should I start." The brunette mumbled to herself in a rather bewildered tone, confused as to which direction she should pick first. Eventually, her vision rested upon a mossy covered stone, there was nothing subtle about how she approached practically running towards the strange object and picking it up to examine it. "Hmm." She had no clue if this would work in alchemy, but at the very least she supposed moss counted as a plant. Mist pocketed the mossy colored stone. "I should try and get a variety of materials just to make sure some of them work." She thought to herself rather pleased at her current stash.

ID 75265:

Loot: 17 (success)

Materials found: (2/5)

Edited by Mist
  • 1 month later...

Once Mist was done with collecting the Moss she stood up. "Hmm which way now." Turning around she could faintly make out the entrance to the forest, it could be risky to go deeper into the north yet she couldn't resist the temptation. "Everyone has had to go through this at some point, I can't get scared now." As she continued to wander it was only now the true beauty of the game was unveiling before her. Swarms of butterflies fluttered about beautiful colored flowers of red and purple, as Mist approached they drifted off. She watched with a sparkle in her eye waving them goodbye before crouching down to pick up one of the flowers. There was even a scent to them, slowly raising it to her nose she took a sniffed at the scent before letting out a rather long and happy sigh at the pleasant aroma. Perhaps this world was a new beginning, a new start, a long dream that would never end. 

ID 79654:

Loot: 13 (success)

Materials found: (3/5)

Edited by Mist

As Mist went deep into thought about the possibilities this new world had to offer she quickly forgot about the quest and instead began to wander deeper into the forest. I wonder if anything scary will show up she mumbled to herself. According to the tourist guides, the creatures on this floor were nothing special, mostly boars, some wolves and deer, and bears. Still, that didn't deter Mist, even back in reality to see those kinds of things where she lived was something special. This was all just the start. Slowly wandering through the forest she began inspecting all the different of weird and wonderful things, odd colored stones. Some black mushrooms, the flowers from earlier were also scattered about from time to time, although she was no longer collecting them due to already having too many. A variety is what was needed. "I wonder if the others have done this yet?" She pondered thinking about Stryder and Eatos.

ID 79655:

Loot: 8 (fail)

Edited by Mist

"Ahhh there really is nothing." Mist whimpered as she twirled her hair a little before pulling on it firmly. She had walked all this way in expecting to find so much plant life but the systems and patterns of the game were begging to repeat themselves now. Continuing her whimpers she moved over to a cluster of boulders and clambered on top of the tallest one. Then taking a seat and placing her head in her hands she looked towards a nearby pool of water. It looked pretty, a small cascade of water went between the rocks creating a slight waterfall. Closing her eyes Mist took in a deep breath and raised her head. "Listen to the flow of the water, the whistling of the wind, the rustles of the earth." She told herself, trying to enter a form of zen. Perhaps if she could calm herself then she would be able to go ahead with more clarity. The wind itself felt refreshing, a cool flow which cycled through her body. The water cleared her thoughts and the sound of earth calmed her nerves. 

ID 79903:

Loot: 2 (fail)

Edited by Mist

Wonder if il find anything here

Sky thought as we walked down the road. All day, he had been walking around out here, just trying to THINK of what to do. This game... it made him feel so free! So.... much to see. He had always wanted to travel a little more, not with his family, but on his own. He had traveled a lot, but he had never gotten the chance to really explore on his own, and right now, he was able to!!!

Wonder how the others are doing.... Hope Eatos is going good with her blacksmithing.... 

Sighing, Sky opened his menu and went to friends, glad that he had people actually on it! He looked at it, only to see.... that Mist was close by! He wondered what she was up to. She seemed to be in the forest. Gulping, he started heading towards where she was, hoping to meet up with his friend, and see how she was doing since he last saw her.

'drip... drip... drip' "Huh?..." Mist's eyes fluttered open as she glanced downwards at the cascade of water. It appeared her brief state of zen had worked. Where the water fell, a cluster of flowers grew between two of the rocks. Mist eyes sparked up once more, "I can't believe I found something." As quickly as possible she slid down the rock and skipped over to the flowers. The spray of water was enough to get her hair damp but after stretching a decent amount she clutched one of the flowers and with a strong pull managed to free it off the root. At first glance it appeared to be a water reed, except its stem was a red in color and the flower golden. Not long after it appeared as an item and as quickly as possible Mist stored it into her alchemist satchel. "That leaves one flower left!" She thought happily to herself. "Perhaps the water itself?" She thought glancing towards the pool, it wouldn't be surprising if there was something in there, although it might mean getting soaked. 

ID 80567:

Loot: 18 (success)

Materials Found: 4/5

Edited by Mist

Sky had been going through the woods for a few minutes before he heard the sound of gushing water, and as he went towards it, he saw Mist.. picking flowers? What, was she making a bouquet or something? It was strange... he didn't know why she would be doing that, though he guessed that it must just be.... maybe a quest? He sighed, then noticed her walking towards the pool... and he was behind her. Grinning, he sneaks up towards her, and as he gets close, he moves his hands up behind her... And pushed her into the pool of water, taking a step back afterwards in case she swung a spear at him for it. Though he couldn't help but laugh a little as he watched her.

"Hey Mist"