[PP-F2] A man without caution <<Earning a Living>> (Atzo, JD, Eatos)

Atzo sat in the large desk chair located in the second story of his floor two log mansion. He had put an ad out a few days ago stating that he would assist any low level player in need that could find his mansion. He wasn’t expecting to have anyone find his mansion though it wasn’t necessarily hidden. Even though it was three hours from the safezone it was also on the side of a mountain and could be easily seen in many of the openings along the way. Still, most players were scared to leave the safe zone. It was definitely intimidating, though he never really had the luxury of fear. He always had someone to carry him, it made him too confident as he rose in level. He had killed mobs that most low level players dream of even hitting. Still he was not exceptional, he was knowledgeable, but not a great fighter. He relied on the game for that. His strength was mental, it always had been, it always would be

@JD

Edited by Atzo

Spidey had seen the ad. What luck! All he had to do was go the mansion and he'd get help leveling. The only downside was it belonged to Atzo. He need to level up. He can't afford to waste time lounging around and not leveling. His goal was getting to the mansion without getting into a lot of fights. If he could get their without a fight at all that would be perfect. He had left early in the morning and managed to get 1/10 of the way before he reached to forest. Spidey has pretty good ears even if he doesn't have to listening skill and he know in the forest, his ears are all that will keep him alerted to monsters. He then made it 1/2 of the way there before he really had to try and dodge. He had a few close calls. But he still managed to get there without fighting. He looks up at the big mansion door. He had made it. Spidey thought it was a little weird. 'Why didn't anyone else try to answer the ad?' It didn't really matter to him but it just proved to him that they are kind of cowards. He walks up to the door and knocks 3 times. Knock knock knock. He hoped that Atzo was here. He didn't want to wait until Atzo got home. Spidey yelled, "Hey Atzo! You home? I'm Spidey. I'm here in response to your ad!" As he finished yelling, the big doors started to open. 

There was a knock at Atzo’s door, three to be exact. “I better go and see who it is” Atzo said with a hope. He hoped it was someone in response to his ad, though he still had his doubts. He opened the Double doors that lead into the main hallway of his Log Mansion. The man spoke while the doors were opening. “Huh” Atzo said with slight confusion “Out of everyone to answer the ad, I would have never guessed that you would be someone to do it.” Atzo showed lighthearted smile in his own sly way. He didn’t mind the kid, but Atzo also knew that Spidey didn't trust Atzo in the slightest. So why was he here. “How can I be of service?” Atzo gave a slight bow as he waved the kid into the mansion. He didn't expect to be there long, the location was more for him to be able to relax while he was waiting for people to respond to his ad.

@JD

“Out of everyone to answer the ad, I would have never guessed that you would be someone to do it.” He didn't expect me to answer his ad? Seriously? The only reasons I came here was because he's a green player and I'd like to know how he got so rich. Plus he offered help to any player in his ad. I'd be a fool to turn down his offer. I need help where ever it lies (with out becoming a red player). "Not every one is as talented as you, you know". It irked Spidey how fast Atzo has leveled up. Talented people tend to be more arrogant. In a game like this, arrogance will kill you. Spidey hopes Atzo doesn't take him anywhere too bad. He turns to look at Atzo. Atzo look at him with inquisitive eyes. Atzo bows as he says, “How can I be of service?”. 'He doesn't know why I'm here? He looks at me like he thinks I don't trust him (which is true) but that tells me he is good at reading people. And why bow as he gestures for me to enter. If anything it makes me more suspicious. He didn't strike me as the type to bow to someone.' Still he'd be a fool to turn back now. So Spidey enters the mansion. That went through Spidey's mind in lees then a second. "Unless being in this game changed your attitude that fast, you can drop the act. It's a pretty poor mask after our last encounter, I could tell you aren't the type to bow to someone else. Your the type that will lie and hide your true intentions until the very end. The test you provided will weed out the weak and cowards. You probably thought It'd be a week before anyone showed allowing for relaxation and laziness. After all, you have a valid 'excuse' not to leave. You'd say /someone might show up while I'm gone/. And you know why I'm here. You aren't a butler. So it's safe assume, you were really asking what type of quest we're doing. I thought I'd leave that up to you considering you'd pick a place where I can level and get plenty of XP while still getting a little bit your self, right?" Before Spidey started talking when he looked at Atzo's eyes, he clearly saw that Atzo saw him as a kid. That annoyed him. "Oh, and even though you were able able to deceive others by controlling your facial features, it won't work on me. You eyes reveal what your truly thinking. I'm not a kid. Kids hide, wine and cry. The people who freaked out and coiled up into a ball on the first day? They are the real kids.". He had been called a kid before, but this guy needed to redefine that word. Fast. 

((OOC) sorry for taking so long. Busy week. @Atzo)

Spidey had a lot of words. Atzo was genuinely shocked and didn't hide it. “I am sorry you feel that way about me. I have had time to begin to understand more about life and how it is wrong to play people like I did in the real world. Though, you don’t know who I really am, what I have been through. What gives you the authority to speak to someone you don't know in a way that is as degrading? I have done nothing to you, I have not harmed you. When I said I didn’t expect you to answer my ad it was simply because I thought you didn’t like me, which it seems I was correct in my analysis. And as you may recall I never said anything to you, I did not play on your fear of me. Yes, I am The Man of Many Faces. But what makes you think that is who I want to be?” Atzo took a deep breath as he let the door close on its own. As he spoke he looked Spidey in the eyes, Atzo was clearly being sincere. “When I asked how I could be of service I was more asking about what quest you wanted assistance on. When I bowed I was attempting to be respectful. I do see you as a kid, and I will not lie, this outburst is not going to help your case by any means. But know this, I am a kid too. I know that, I accept that.” Atzo walked to the grand staircase. “Come, Sit. I feel that this discussion would be best made if we were not standing. Though, Spidey…” He looked back at Spidey, Atzo’s eyes were a mix of sorrow, remorse and sadness “I am very sorry I made you think of me that way.” With that Atzo walked up the stairs to the massive study. He moved slowly as he Began to remember what it was that pushed him to be that way in the real world. His lack of emotions, his uncaring nature. 

@JD @Eatos

(OOC: It's fine)

Edited by Atzo

Spidey walked over to the chair opposite of Atzo and sat down. Spidey was wrong about assuming that Atzo hadn't changed. "I'm sorry. I had assumed you hadn't changed. Very few change so fast but I'm glad you did. I know why you became a man of many faces. It might be the same reason why I became a man with many masks. I didn't mean to speak to you in a degrading way. I tend to be upfront and blunt with my words. Although I still think it was wrong for you to bow your head in respect to me considering I'm only answer your ad and you're at a higher level than me. And like said, you and I aren't kids. I could tell, you know. The first time I saw you and I looked into your eyes, I knew. That's why I didn't trust you. Not because of your actions. But because of the cage around your heart. I've long since found peace but still rarely trust. You were like me before I was 15. An iron cage around your heart. Bullies, a**holes, broken promises, couldn't trust anyone. Give anything to make it stop or to lessen the pain. I choose books and tv shows. Put on a mask and hid everything. You put on the mask but became the tough guy act. If I just insulted you again I'm sorry. But don't ever call yourself a kid again. Kids cry, whine, and curl up into a little ball. They call out for mommy. They cower in fear. The people that bullied me? They wouldn't be able to move on day one in this game. But because of them, I grew strong. Your not a kid, you didn't cry on the first day. You were calm. Afraid? Hel* yes! Excited, even more so! You and me? I don't know about you but this is where I'm ment to be. Don't be sorry about anything. If you live your life regretting you past you'll never enjoy the future. After all you can't walk down the street without pissing someone off. By gone's are by gone's." Spidey hoped he made that clear. He was sitting up right while he said that but leaned back in to his seat now. "Since our last encounter, you seemed to have surpassed me at opening up though. There times to trust and times to not trust people. Frankly I could care less if what I said earlier doesn't help my case. I knew coming out here that I'd might not workout. Don't get me wrong, I really want it to, but I'm not gonna act like an idiot and lie or put on some act to make it happen. I did enough of that sh*t in the real world. The quest we go on is up to you. Your more experienced in hunting monsters and doing quests. Plus, seeing as you own this place you must know the first surrounding it, right?"

Within the Atzo’s mansion, hidden in the spare room and buried under the covers, Eatos had been sleeping. Had being the key word. The blacksmith had been visited Atzo and, upon realizing it was late, he’d been nice enough to offer her the spare room to sleep. Given the prospect was that or walk 3-something hours in the dark, it was an easy choice. She’d crashed into the bed minutes later, and fallen asleep.

But, the girl stood next to the doorframe, and could hear every word being said, and in a way. It hurt her, and she wasn’t even in the same room. A name hadn’t been dropped, but the way they were talking, ripping into Atzo, she felt her anger boil up within her. They were accusing him of being uncaring, of manipulating people to benefit himself. She shook her head, and let out a sigh. Atzo was the man of many faces indeed, but this person who arrived at the house, saw only the face they wanted to see.

When she’d first met Azto, he’d come off as formal, far too formal for her personal liking. However, despite him calling her ‘Madam’, despite how he always seemed to be addressing a crowd, she’d seen the other face. When he’d asked her to help him find an Familiar, she saw a whole new side to him. And side, that wonderful caring person, was being attacked! Eventually, she couldn’t’ sit by anymore. She opened the door and walked out, wearing her clothes of brown trousers and a plain white shirt, nothing special, but as she exited out the room she had slept in, the study door closed. However, she had seen him and heard the name. Spidey. He was short, shorter than her and he did look the part of a kid, even if he had protested such a word. Kids were the ones that were useless in the start of the game? She rolled her eyes as the notion of it, she doubted he was out of his teens, how was he going to lecture someone else on the definition of a kid? Eventually, she walked up to the study door, knocked on it 4 times in rapid succession, and opened the door herself. Her amber eyes locked onto Spidey, who sat facing Atzo. She’d only heard Spidey at the doorway, and nothing else as the study door had closed.

“Excuse me, Spidey” She said finally, a calm rage in her voice “I’m sorry to barge in, but, I couldn’t help but hear you being…well, honestly rude. Now, I’ll admit I’m not entirely sure why you and Atzo don’t like each other. But if I heard what I did, you don’t like him because you feel he’s a manipulator who uses everyone around him, breaks them down and, once he’s done, moves on right?” She asked, poking at the heart of, what she felt, was the heart of this emotional outpour “If you’d of told me this a week ago, there’s a chance I’d of believed it. But Azto said it himself, he is the man of many faces. You see one side of him, an old face, and hold it to him now, and hate him for it. You refuse to lower that mask you’ve placed on him to see if he’s changed”

She shook her head, and glanced over the room at Atzo “When I first met him, I thought he was uptight. I felt that the guild he was offering was simply a means to get status…But, I was wrong. As I talked to the others, I saw that he was doing it to help people. When he asked me to help him find a familiar, I saw yet another side of him. Atzo isn’t just some colouring book where you get to pick what type of person he is, you can’t just see what you want to see in him, without looking at the rest. Humans are more complicated than that”

“Where you see someone who manipulates and lies, I see someone who cares, someone who is suffering for something they’ve done and have done so much to put it behind them. If he really has sinned, if he really was as bad as you claim he is, then he has worked too damn hard for someone like you to come walking in like you know everything, and throw all his hard work back in his face. If his sin was manipulating people in the past, then yours is holding onto it and letting it poison everything you touch…”

She finally stopped speaking, finally took a deep breath as she looked at both of them. She knew her approach hadn’t been subtle, she’d barged into the room like a train. But she couldn’t just sit back after what she’d heard at the doorway, after hearing Spidey lay into Azto. He was her guild leader, but it was more then that, he was a human and a friend, and to sit idly by while a friend suffered was unacceptable.  

“Still you know nothing about me Spidey. Stop making assumptions, it will hu-” Out of seemingly nowhere, Eatos had busted in through the door, going on a tangent. “I dont think i have ever heard her talk for this long… ever.” He thought to himself. “I-is that how they really think of me?” He was in utter shock. Once she had finished speaking, he didn't think he would have any words. “E-Eatos, I never thought that you guys saw me that way. I mean, I am still trying to change, still in the process and until I confess to Solomon what I did to him I will never be truly changed, though have I really come that far?” He didn't know if he believed her. His emotions were telling him it wasn’t possible. But, at the same time, his analytical side told him that because she was a third party she must be telling the truth. If she was telling the truth then he had made much better progress than he thought, he was still trying to take in everything she had said. “I have made a good impression on the others? Have I truly began to pay back Shield for all he has done for me?” he was almost dumbfounded with what was going through his mind.

@JD

"It appears you two misheard me. I said it's true when we first met, I didn't like you. But I saw that you had changed. I trust you. Yes you have come that far. You might not see it, but like Eatos said, you aren't that type of person anymore. As far as I can tell, none of us in here are kids. And like I said before, I will be blunt when I talk and tend to change on a whim. My one strong opinion is that no one should kill one another. I came here because I knew you didn't kill anyone. I'm tired of putting on a mask to please people. I did enough of that sh*t in the real world and I'm damn tired of doing it." Spidey then turned his head the girl who was yelling at him less then a minute ago. "I believe that Atzo called you Eatos? My name is Spidey. I could tell from the moment he first objected to what I said. I think you both missed what I said after his objection. I did apologize. And I'll apologize to you too. I'm sorry if I woke you up. (To Atzo) I'm also sorry if I insulted you and/or assumed false information about you. I thought bullies was the reason you wore the mask like it was for me. For assuming that I'm sorry. But like I said before, I'm not gonna put on an act just to get your help. I trust you. I can see in your eyes that you are being honest." Spidey stands up to stretch. "As a sign of trust, I'd like to show you something that I rarely show anyone. I'd like for both of you not to freak out. Because of the calibration, this ability managed to transfer into the game." Spidey then turned around but he kept looking at them. When he was finished, his back was facing them while he was starring at them. Not yet finished, he walked towards Atzo to shake his hand like his head wasn't turned 180 degrees. He couldn't help but roll his eyes while he turned his body to face them so he looked like a normal person. 

((OOC) have fun. Your turn @Eatos)

Atzo's reaction to her outburst, she had mostly expected. For someone self-burdened with sin, they always refuse to allow themselves forgiveness. She'd seen it before, so she'd predicted his reaction almost perfectly, although what he meant by having done something to Solomon did catch her attention and curiosity, after all, he brought it up.

But the part she'd wanted for, Spidey, wasn't at all what she had expected. Her expectations was for him to get emotional, get up in her face and angry. To have him admit he was wrong, and to have been admitting it before she'd walked into the room, was almost a slap across the face. She's almost laid into him for no reason at all! She took a step back, regret washing over her face.

"I...I...i'm sorry....I just thought you were...being rude a-and I just wanted to...defend Atzo..." The defeat was clear in her voice as she backed up against the door she'd come through. She was embarrassed, extremely so, and part of her just wanted to bolt from the room! She'd made a complete and utter idiot of herself! For no reason!

Spidey thought it was a bit amusing. 'She like Atzo. Does Atzo know?' By the clueless look on his face, Spidey assumes he doesn't. She looked like she was ready to run for it. 'Maybe I can calm her down? It wouldn't hurt to invite her to join us.' With that in mind he said to her. "It's understandable. No need to be sorry, and don't be embarrassed. It's true, I was rude at first. Don't regret what you did. Like I said to Atzo. Don't regret the things you do in life if you believe you did them for a good reason. You heard that I was rude to him and wanted to stick up for him. I probably would've done the same thing you did for someone I like. Why don't you come and sit down. I came to answer his ad for helping people level up. Would you happen to know a quest that I could do at my level that will also allow Atzo to get xp? And this probably isn't my place to ask, but would you like to join us?" He almost added, seeing as you like Atzo and all. But that would make her run from the room. 

“Eatos you are perfectly fine. You did nothing wrong, in fact, I am quite happy you came in with that. I hadn’t realized I made so much headway. So thank you very much.” Atzo stood “Come Eatos, You should join us today, we shall try to settle all differences between each other.” He motioned for Eatos to come over to him and away from the door. That was the nice part of having such loyal people underneath him. They all knew the different hand motions he made to show them what they wanted and while some didn't always follow as obediently as Ren did most of them saw it as something that made it easier to understand the request. "As for the Quest, I feel the best option will be Earning a Living." Next he cupped his hands, one over another, making a native american style whistle. Kikas, the german shepherd size three headed black wolf that Eatos helped him acquire the day before, came into the study and stood beside Atzo. Kikas was standing as though she was at attention. 

@Eatos

Edited by Atzo

In a way, she was thankful both Atzo and Spidey were forgiving enough to not hold her barge in against her. She listened to the pair of them talk, although, she didn't answer Spidey when he asked her about what quest, mostly because, she had no idea! She was sorta thankful that Atzo spoke up and suggesting the 'Earning a Living' Quest. She could still remember the time she did hers, and now she had a shop as a Blacksmith!

She spotted the name motion easily enough, and took several steps forwards Atzo, and sat down near him. She still felt slightly out of place after her rude entrance, but that awkwardness left as she spotted the hound enter the room. Her face lit up at the mere sight of the hound, as it stood to attention, Eatos couldn't not reach out to pet the majestic canine. It was only after she started reaching out did she realize they'd asked her a question, if she wanted to join!

"O-oh, y-yes, i'd like to help out. I haven't got much planned for today, a-and after how I entered the room, I should make it up to you, the both of you..."

Edited by Eatos

'Why did he use a hand motion?' Spidey was hoping that Atzo didn't try teaching him those hand gestures. "There is no need for you to join us if you join because you feel guilty about what you did. When I'm talking to someone, I don't tell them what the want to hear. I'm blunt and honest and mean exactly what I say. I don't pretend because I am tired of following the status quo to fit in. You allowed me to trust you because of that action and the way you reacted after I spoke to you. You gave me an honest emotion without any hint of trying to deceive me. You honestly care about Atzo. Plus it's hard to deceive me after that." Spidey stopped looking at Eatos to take a look at the hound. 'looks like it's pretty big. It doesn't look like a show of power, so just what is he trying to do? Any it's time I reveal why I said what I said when I walked in.' Spidey turned to look at Atzo. "When I walked in here. There are 2 reasons why I did what I did. Why I insulted you. First, they were my honest words. I truly believed what I said. But, the second? The second reason was part of a test. When you first meet someone, the best way to find out about there defenses is to either compliment them or insult them. I chose insults because I knew it'd hit home. You really have changed. But not completely for the better. You didn't hear half of what I said and you and Eatos both didn't notice my triple jointed show. Before you changed, when we first met, I saw it plain as day. You noticed almost everything around you. You didn't let anything escape your perception. Even after you put your sword in its sheath. What's even funnier was that you did it unconsciously. You were so relaxed about it. When changing, don't discard all of those negative qualities. Sometimes those so called negative qualities are blessings in disguise. I don't know what attitudes you 2 take when fighting but I felt it was important that you know. For testing you I'm sorry." Spidey stopped to take a breath. Then to Eatos he said. "I'm not trying to insult him I'm just stating a fact while warning him. In battle, if you aren't observant you will get killed. That's a fact. Another fact. Getting cocky will get you killed."

“Alright, Now that we have that out of the way, let's go and take care of this quest, before we do, however, I need to talk to you, Spidey about something that is weighing on my mind. You see to be upstanding and very intuitive of your surroundings.” Atzo’s tone had completely shifted from casual to very formal. It was clear that he was reading into everything and observing what was going on in detail. He stood and walked to the wall of windows which showed a darkening sky, Atzo had timed this just right, he always did. He closed the single open window and the curtain. “I would like to offer you a position in my guild that most people, Including Eatos and the others in the guild do not know exist. It is a small group of specialized individuals that partner with my information department. For me to tell you any more I need both of you here to swear to me on your life that you will not mention it to anyone else. IF I find that either one of you mention what happens from here on out to anyone, I WILL Kill you, that is a promise.” 
@Eatos

The dynamic of the room shifted right before her very eyes, and wasn’t the most welcoming shift either. Spidey seemed regretful that he had been so rude, and while she couldn’t agree that doing it in the first place was an acceptable way to see someones’ truth, it had worked. She’d come barging in, ergo, Spidey could comprehend her. Still, the biggest shift came not from Spidey, but from Atzo. The girl seemed to shrink in her spot as Atzos’ claim went darker, even threatening to kill them if they spoke about it!

She felt her blood turn to ice. Had she really been that wrong? Or was this just another face of Atzo that he used to intimidate people?! She wasn’t sure, but it scared her and she sat there frozen in place, not even answering his request of if she’d keep what he planning on reveal a secret. She’d been caught so off-guard that it had practically stunned her as her mind attempted to rationalise what she’d just heard.

Spidey knew that the complement was leading to something else when Atzo's tone went stone cold serious. Then Atzo said something that proved he didn't change that much. If anything it proved he was probably more menacing then he was before. Atzo said “I would like to offer you a position in my guild that most people, Including Eatos and the others in the guild do not know exist. It is a small group of specialized individuals that partner with my information department. For me to tell you any more I need both of you here to swear to me on your life that you will not mention it to anyone else. IF I find that either one of you mention what happens from here on out to anyone, I WILL Kill you, that is a promise.” Spidey knew it that Atzo 'changing' was all an act. Atzo didn't change at all. Eatos looked like she was about to faint from fear. Spidey was intrigued by the offer but he had to be careful. He couldn't just agree. He had a few questions first. "Before I agree, I have a few questions. If im not happy with the answers to any of the questions, I will have to decline your offer. 1. Can I leave the guild and that special division at any time as long as I keep quiet about it. 2. Will we get paid since it's so secretive? 3. Will we get special help leveling until we are at an appropriate level? 4. Will we be answering directly to you or someone else? 5. Dose it entail PKing? 6. Why do you need someone like me who is observant? 7. Why invite someone who looks like they are about to pass out from fear from one simple threat?" 'Their is only one way Atzo could possibly answer that will get me to accept.' In any case Eatos might really collapse. Spidey went over to a chair and moved it directly behind Eatos. That way she didn't collapse onto the floor. He didn't know what Atzo was planning, he wasn't planning on joining unless it would be convenient in the long run. Spidey turned and looked at Atzo with the same stoic expression he had kept the entire time they were talking. 

Edited by JD

Atzo turned back to the two players that sat in his study. A quick hand motion brought Kikas to his side. “I must apologize for my needing to put on this face, though it is imperative that I make it clear just how dire the secrecy is. I have no problem answering questions.” He turned to Eatos “I ask you stay with us, Eatos. I apologize that you have been roped into this, but I do believe that you are the best in the guild to know outside of the team. To answer your questions. As long as you keep quiet you may leave at any time, be it from the division or the guild. You will indeed be paid, perhaps more than you think. You will get special help leveling as if you were a normal guild member, along with my priority in level help. If anyone asks then you report to Ren, however yes, you report directly to me. It does involve PK’ing but I don't want you in that position. I am not asking for Eatos to join, you have proven your strong will.” Atzo took a deep breath as he prepared to answer the question he skipped. “Posing as a group of High Council bodyguards, Ren’s Hand is the assassination division of the Emerald Harbingers. They are to be a small team of select individuals to do this task. Two of these individuals will kill, One of these individuals will keep watch, One of these individuals will scope out the target before the operation takes place. That someone needs to be adept at reading people and coaxing information out of them. I want you in that Spidey. I want you to be the person to take care of the pre-game, so to speak.”

@Eatos

Edited by Atzo

An Assassination department? That’s what Ren was, an assassin group working for Atzo?! It did make sense, the guild wasn’t a PK guild, that’s why she joined it. So she didn’t understand the purpose, nor why Atzo wanted her to know about it. Did Solomon know? She had no idea, but the thought didn’t sit well in her.

She had so many questions, sat on the couch looking up at Atzo. Was this who he was? No, there had to be more! She kept herself silent, Atzo trusted her, that much was obvious, however, she needed answers. She was, in one way, thankful Atzo hadn’t even considered bringing her into it, she’d of said no. But, the fact they had a group like this, brought up so many questions the girl didn’t know where to start.

But she was silent, calming herself down and waiting to see where Spidey went. And once she knew, then she’d ask. Ask why the hell the guild has that division, what its purpose is, and why Atzo picked her to know about it.

"Yes. I will join the squad." Spidey looked at Eatos. She seemed very confused. Spidey had understood at once why the guild had such a squad. The squad existed to take out solo PKers. "Eatos. You can't honestly tell me that you see why you guild has a PK squad. Let me clarify things for you. The squad and the two PKers are secrets for their protection. Otherwise someone might try to take them out. The squad exists to take out all of the solo PKers. He needs a watcher in case more come and me so I can get a read on the target." Spidey turned to look at Atzo. "I think my job is to find out if they did it on purpose or not, right? That way we don't kill those who are just victims of circumstance. Unless we know that it wasn't because of circumstance, it's my call. That's why I'm the pre-game." Spidey wasn't going to help kill innocents or victims of circumstance. Spidey did however, see the need to eliminate all of the PKers who PK for fun. Eatos might no be able to handle keeping this a secret.