[PP-F4-NK] Meeting a girl at the lake (Nashoba and Dominion)

Dominion walked through the teleport pad of the first floor and arrived on the fourth floor. His messy golden hair was pointing in all directions, his physique shown through his lack of appropriate clothing. He wore his unbuttoned white shirt, long blue jeans, and wore his spirit monkeys. He wore his fist weapons because they kept his fingers warm, making it easy to grab things such as branches. Dominion had come because he heard rumors from lower floor npc's. There was a supposed amount of treasure beneath the lake... or it could just be a giant monster from the depths. Either way, it was a nice idea to Dominion to at least check it out. Dominion was still standing at the pad, Enma materializing on his right shoulder. Dominion nodded to Enma, and then proceeded to look over at the tree leading into the forest in the distance. The snow covered Dominion's feet when he took his first step off the pad and into the wilderness. Enma jumped off of his shoulder, throwing patches of snow from his limbs as he made swift movement to the trees. The lake was somewhere in the distance, which was not a worrisome distance if Dominion took to the trees. Dominion launched from where his first leg landed and burst into a sprint. He quickly made a leap and grasped ahold of the branch nearest to him. Swinging his body weight in a circle and up onto the tree branch, he made another burst. He continued this until he came across a break of trees, the lake seen for meters in a 180 degree peripheral view. Dominion remained in the tree branch, but the view reminded him of somewhere his dad had taken him... a smile was visible on his face.

@Nashoba

Edited by Dominion

I love this lake, the frosted surface is immaculate, in places it is almost mirror like. Wait... what is that in the trees? Is that? No, surely it's not. But there is a chance. I shall approach them and see for myself, I just hope I don't cause any stress to the person in the tree if I am wrong. Nashoba approached the man in the tree It has to be him! There is no one else that looks like that, though it seems he hasn't seen me yet. If I am soft with my words I shouldn't scare him. Sir Omi? Is that you? It has been far too long since we last met! I am so happy to see you again! Nashoba smiled in a bright and cute manner, blushing slightly It pleases me so to see a familiar face! I do hope he remembers me from when he spent a year with Grace. For that matter this lake reminds me of the pond we went to when I was done with my servitude and he was done training, though we did only go there in the summer.

He was always very athletic in the real world, probably due to the training that his father would mentor him with. I remember the day he went fishing, oh the memories... Oh, yeah I need to jot this down so I can write about it later! I mustn't forget what has happened today!

@Dominion

Edited by Nashoba

Dominion stood on the tree branch for a brief second, scanning with his eyes from one side of the lake to the other. He was catching a glimpse of the entire lake, especially because of the massive width and length from one bank to the other. The snow was almost blinding to Dominion, his eyes squinting to see as far as possible. Enma was the first to notice a stranger approaching them and prepared to initiate combat. A voice, however, in a gentle and hesitant tone, called out a question up to Dominion. Dominion was not startled by the initial question at first, completely missing the fact that his original name was used. Suddenly, coming to a realization, Dominion's jaw dropped. He no longer looked out at the lake, but rather down toward the ground from his elevated point, where the girl with long pink hair stood. Dominion quickly called to Enma with his sign language to halt the attack and took another look down. She had called his name, Omi, which was not someone in this game that anyone would know. Dominion knew from that moment that he was talking to Olivia, the girl of Grace. Dominion remembered the lake now, a flash back to the summer. Dominion made a swift movement, leaping from the branch and grasping a medium sized branch with his right arm. He fell faster than the snow from the branch above, falling a step away from Olivia. He quickly moved the step forward, embracing her with a large hug. This was both practical and emotional, as Dominion was covering her from the falling clumps of snow. "Olivia!" Dominion exclaimed with a voice of pure joy. "How have you been Olivia? Are you alone? How did you get on this floor... or How did you get in SAO for that matter?" Dominion suddenly came to realize that he might be squeezing her to death. Thus Dominion raised his head, the snow falling off his upper back onto the snowy ground as he loosened his embrace. His shirt was unbuttoned as usual, his messy golden hair mixed with white specks of digital snow. @Nashoba

This is most wonderful! I am so happy I could see Dominion again! I have been quite well, Master Omi. I am alone... Is that bad? He seems to be as excited as I am! It warms my soul to see such a cheery fellow. I wonder how things with his father had been after they left Grace's company. They were most welcome there, though I know not why they had stayed with us I am pleased that they did. I feel as though I should ask of you the same question as it pertains to entering this wonderful game. Though I fear that the answer may upset you. Lady Grace has passed away. She had asked me to send you and your kind father a letter to come and visit one last time, though I fear you may not have received the letters. And I quite like this floor, it reminds me of those days we would spend at the pond. Do you recall the time you went fishing? This was the first person she had made eye contact with thus far.

It is a welcoming feeling to be able to find someone who I know see's me on an equal level as himself. We had established early in our friendship that we were to see each other as equal for a friendship to work properly. He has grown so much sense the last time I saw him as well, I wonder if he has realized that as well. Nashoba welcomed the embrace from her friend.

@Dominion

Dominion could see Lady Grace through Olivia standing translucent, almost like a ghost. Both Olivia and Grace had a vast area to dwell in, while they (Dom and his father) would live in small places, occasionally sleeping on various rough locations whenever it was deemed essential. The only place that resembled a home for Dominion was his half a year stay at the old lady's house. Dominion had called out to his father that he was going to walk down to the lake, to which his father had actually already left to do meditations and training. Dominion had his shirt off, wore baggy white cloth pants, and a shinny fabric around his waist for a belt. He had grabbed a net, as he had seen people at the ocean do before boarding a small sailing vessel. His hands hurt as he grasped the net, but he masked the pain with his natural joy. Soon, he would master the art of the fishing net, even if it would take him all day. Except, Dominion had little knowledge about lake fish, and thought their could be massive water animal dwelling in the depths. Dominion recalled this when Olivia mentioned Grace's death.

Snapping back into the moment, Dominion realized that Lady Grace had passed. He felt a snowflake fall on the back of his neck, melting as it touched his digital skin. He lowered his head down while still standing in front of Olivia, reciting a Buddhist prayer in his mind. He gave total respect to the lady for having given himself and his dad shelter from the weather. Then, raising his head up back the original height, Dominion smiled once again. Olivia had sent him letters, but he had never seen any letters when he moved from one place to the next. He could only imagine where the letters could have ended up, possibly the monastery he originally dwelt? Either way, Dominion was thankful for Olivia's hospitality and kindness. Her next comment reminded him of the same day, the day he attempted to fish with a net at the lake. "I remember that day very well. That giant fish must have known I was there, but I am certain I will still catch the darn thing!" Dominion said, still believing that the giant fish of folklore had to be somewhere in that lake.

While still looking at her, he realized at that moment that she had grown... matured in a beautiful, womanly way. Still listening to her, he recalled the scariest moment of his life, where he lost consciousness suddenly at that lake, "But I also remember when I slipped and fell into the lake." Dominion could remember almost nothing except Olivia's face above his own on dry land, turning his head to spew water onto the grass. "That makes me wonder, what was it that you did to get me out of the water?" Dominion moved his hand forward to brush her hair behind her right ear, something he had done often that summer to both pester her and to see her beautiful face better.

Might edit a bit more, @Nashoba

Edited by Dominion

He looks worried, I fear I had forgotten just how shaken he was after he fell in the lake. I used your fishing net, I threw it out to you as best I could though as you know I am not one to be very good at throwing things. Still, it managed to get to you. You grabbed onto it and I did what I could to pull you in, I had to use a stick as a lever though. I am surprised you don't remember, you took the stick and said you were to strengthen it to use it as a bow staff. It was a wonderful day watching him fish and to see the relief on his face once he had finished coughing up water. I am still worried about the long term effects that Grace had mentioned to me of him drowning. Though based on his eager want to fish again It seems that he is not as scared as he had seemed right after that day.

I wonder how he got in this game, and what he thinks about Grace's death. I heard him recite the familiar prayer that he used to, though I never knew what he was saying when he spoke those words. I wonder if he will ever be able to explain them to me. Nashoba sits down in the snow ignoring the cold. Motega jumps into her lap There you are you little rascal , where had you been? Oh I am sure you were off having all sorts of adventures, when will you take me with you? Nashoba puts her arms around the neck of the arctic fox, hugging him.