[PP-F1] <<The Second Lesson>> Clash of Personality

Telrenya's smile widened when Embers' axe cut cleanly through her opponent, dropping its health to zero and causing the Boar Pup to shatter. It seemed like they were getting close to both completing the objective and being able to head back to town. The sun still hung high in the virtual sky overhead, and Telrenya had to resist letting her mind wander to what she might end up doing with herself once the quest was done and turned in.

"Ehhh?!" She couldn't stop the incredulous sound before it left her lips. "You actually had a hawk as a pet?" She sounded just as impressed as she was surprised. Of course she'd seen standard pets--dogs and cats, reptiles and rodents. But pet birds and birds of prey were two different things. A hawk sounded so...exotic, she thought, and she couldn't imagine how a person was to care for it in a way that they would care for a hamster.

Getting over the awe of Embers' more adventurous lifestyle, Telrenya smiled at the thought of the redhead having a companion similar to that of her friend in the real world. She chuckled, "That sounds nice, though. I hope you find a friend to keep you company like Rowan would."

ID#: 93036 | LD: 6 - nothing

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Embers nodded her head. She indeed had a hawk. It was a gift from her father on their first hiking trip, to ensure she never got lost. Rowan was the name she picked, from a book she had been reading at the time, and it had stuck. The Hawk became a proud beast, and she adored it. They were completely inseparable. She wondered if the bird was with her in whatever hospital, before smirking. There was little chance of the bird not being in hospital, unless they dragged it out. 

"Yeah, dad gave it to me when it was a younglin' and he grew up with me. I know this is a damn game, but i'm hopefully gunna get him back. Or, well, somethin' similar. Here is to hoping that eh?"

The girl spotted another boar, and swung her axe at it, but missed by just a fraction. But the boar missed her also. "I better get one, i'd hate to have a familiar that just sits about, that ain't ma style..."  

Spoiler

Embers: HP: 75/100, ENG: 0/10, DMG: 4

Boar Pup: 5/5 | 3 DMG

ID: 92993

BD: 5 <Miss> 

MD: 4 <Miss> 3 dmg

Tusks: 2/3

Edited by Embers

Telrenya gave another small nod. She soon turned her attention off of the redhead so as not to provide so much of a distraction while she hunted down what would hopefully be the final boar pup they needed to complete the quest. While Embers found her target and set to work, the blonde placed the heel of her palm against the pommel of her rapier and looked out over the rolling fields. There were several more mobs grazing in the distance, so at least they didn't have to look far to find more prey if they remained unlucky.

She wondered if the handful of other adventurers she could see in the distance were the same as them: low levels taking on the easiest quests they could manage in order to finally start getting some experience. Her mind began to wander, and despite wanting to leave Embers to her task undisturbed, she found another question spilling from her lips. "Hey Embers... Are you planning to try and make it to the frontlines?" She asked, still looking out over the plains as she addressed the woman.

ID#: 93037 | LD: 12 - nothing

Embers finally managed to get her battle-axe into the damn boar. It wasn't enough to kill it, but it did a decent chunk of damage. Enough for the girl to lower her guard, and the boar ran into her. She let out a grunt, and stood up. This boar had BETTER give her the damn tusk once it died. Otherwise she would be pissed beyond belief. She stretched her arms out as the boar turned around, and a grin emerged on the girls face. It better end this time. 

The..frontlines? Embers looked over at Telrenya. There was a frown on her face, until it dawned on her. Frontlines, in this context, was different. Here, it sas the players fighting tooth and nail to get them back home. The strongest players this game had to offer. Yeah, she could give a go. She grinned at the idea. A fight like that....

"Honestly Tel, no damn idea. Unlike some of ya, i don't like my life with a pre-set plan. If i get strong enough, then sure. If not, well, i ain't gunna be too stressed if i'm entirely honest. I'll figure it out as i go, that's my plan Telly. What about you, you aiming for the high rises?"

Spoiler

Embers: HP: 75/100, ENG: 1/10, DMG: 4

Boar Pup: 1/5 | 3 DMG

ID: 93451

BD: 8 <Hit> 

MD: 10  <Crit> 4 dmg

Tusks: 2/3

Edited by Embers

"Aha, fair enough..." Telrenya let out a nervous chuckle with Embers' honest answer. She felt as though she could easily see the wild redhead, fired up and fearlessly taking on the strongest of monsters. 'Yeah, she really is a lot more brave than I am...' Telrenya thought, watching as the blade of the woman's axe dug into the boar's flank with a clean slice.

Embers turned the question back on her, and the blonde took on a thoughtful expression. The reason that she had finally leaving the Town of Beginnings, and why she started doing these quests after so long. Finally, Telrenya gave a small nod and spoke up. "Yeah... I'm not sure I can picture myself like that, but lately I decided that's what I want to do." Her fingers came together in front of her stomach and began to fidget slightly in front of her as she continued. Her voice dropped a bit, as if she were admitting something embarrassing. "You could say there's...something I'm looking for, and I think if I get there I might be able to find it." She gave a vague explanation with a small smile.

• 4 weeks later...

If Embers was being honest with herself, she doubted Tel would even consider the Front Lines. So the girl was surprised to hear that Tel had made the decision to try and make it there. But, well, madness could grip even the sane of souls. She'd seen it before, it could occur  to anyone when put under enought stress. Was there something pushing that girl? It was impossible to tell from the outside, and that's all she could see. Embers had always sucked at getting inside the heads of others, and even this girl was beyond her. 

The boar moved in to strike, but Embers not only brought her weapon down upon it. But after the kill, finally got the final tusk for the best. She let out a loud yell, finally this crap was done! She turned to Tel, only to frown. What was she search for? She doubted she'd be told. Given they'd met today. 

"Well T. I ain't gunna force ya to open up to me. Dead curious whats going on in that blonde head of yours. But, if you need me. I've got your back" 

Spoiler

Embers: HP: 75/100, ENG: 1/10, DMG: 4

Boar Pup: 1/5 | 3 DMG

ID: 95181

BD: 8 <Hit> 

MD: 5  <Miss> 4 dmg

LD: 12 (Successful)

Tusks: 3/3

Edited by Embers

Telrenya watched as Embers' axe came down on the boar pup with enough force to drain the last of its hit points. The blonde perked to attention at the kill, giving a small clap of her hands in celebration. A short, nervous laugh escaped her when the redhead voiced her curiosity, and she pulled a hand up to the nape of her neck. "Yeah, I suppose that was a terrible way to explain it." She admitted.

The duo made their way back to the Town of Beginnings in order to turn in the quest and claim their rewards. Along the way, Telrenya laced her fingers in front of her, keeping her eyes on the path in front of her feet as she walked. "Not really something...but someone." She specified. "There's someone I know from the real world who should be stuck in here, too. I just... Well, we don't know what username the other person picked." She admitted with a faint pink tint on her cheeks, thoroughly embarrassed as she explained. "A-anyway, it's not a brave or noble reason for me wanting to be up there. I just think that's the best place for me to start with trying to find this person." She finished her story with a small smile.

Thread Complete!

• Telrenya: +4 SP, +400 col, +Basic Rapier (+1 DMG)
  • @Embers: +4 SP, +400 col, choice of +1 DMG weapon or +1 MIT armor