[F1-PP] Weed wacking <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

I teleport onto the first floor in the town of Horunka as i look around and nods my head finding this to be the place i am looking for. Come on Havok this is the place we're looking for. I say with a grin on my face as i start my walk in the small town of Horunka as i make my way towards the small two story house that is in this place. Being one of the very few that are actually here. As i walk i turn my head. Now then this quest is really easy Havok all you got to do is kill some mobs who can't even scratch you at this point in terms of your health bar. I say with a chuckle at that fact as i continue to walk. However, i will be the one to attack the weakling trash mobs of the quest while i will leave the boss to you to fight since you have that LD item if i remember correctly which will help you find the quest item that is required by looting the enemy and hoping you get it. I tell you. My familiar Kuro just walking with us as he gazes around at everything that is around to see. I don't have any armor or weapons on me just in casual clothing that is vanity in nature with a smile on my face. Being totally at peace with this moment.

@Havok

Yawning, Taro took some time to rouse. The night had been good, and it was still early. He liked the morning, having been an early riser to care for his mother. Medicines needed to be administered on regimented times, and he had been more than willing to do so. Often he would bring in her favorite multigrain toast with a piece of fruit or two. She always had a smile as he walked in, with her sleep schedule having been destroyed long ago by pain and sleepless nights. It was not really insomnia when daggers along one's skin prevented any kind of rest. 

Still, it was not long before Taro had roused fully and met Hestia in Horunka. Twirling his spear around some, he nodded at the young woman as she explained things. "Well, sounds good - looks like I planned right. Also, I upgraded my spear skill to second rank! I should be able to keep up with damage now."

Well trust me this won't require much damage. All it'll take is one well placed AOE to knock out the basic enemies, and then a easy strike against the boss. As i said though getting the quest item can be difficult and rather annoying if we're unlucky. I say to you as we head towards the two story home as i knock on the door as i look towards you and move you in front of the door so that the quest would start for you, and not me since this quest is a non repeatable one. Meaning i am just functioning as a player who is just following a player who is taking the quest. Able to help, but not get any credit towards it. I smile a bit as the door opens and a young woman wearing a mask over her face and a very concealing outfit comes out. Oh you must be one of the people who heard about our problem here. You see many people have been coming down with a illness that is rather rare. However, it isn't a simple fix since the materials needed to get the item in question comes from rather dangerous creatures called Nepents. Could you help us out sir? The young nurse like woman asks you pleadingly.

"Glad it will not take a lot of damage I guess. I do want to butcher some monsters though. Guess this is the best way to do it though, level up slowly and keep moving up the ranks." Taro blinked a little as Hestia nudged him in front of the door. He did not quite understand why though, until he got the quest prompt saying it was starting soon. With no further effort, the door opened and introduced the party to the NPC who would be giving the quest out. She was a nurse dealing with sickly people and needed some special medicine. "It would be my honor mam to help out this town. I do not think it should be too much of a challenge, so I imagine it will be over quickly. Just point me and my friend in the right direction and we will begin immediately. Don't fret one bit, understood?"

Taro grinned, looking back to Hestia for some guidance. She knew exactly where and why to go. Accepting the quest, he motioned with his head. "Let's go."

The nurse gets out a map and points towards a forest towards the south of the town telling you that is where the Nepents reside. Freakish monsters that only have a body and large mouths that want to take their victims inside of them and then digest them until they are nothing. At seeing you ready to leave she wishes you good luck before entering the home again as i nod towards you. Let's go then Havok. I say with a smile as i head towards the direction of the forest in question ready to help you fight off these Nepents who could be at best a minor annoyance or oversight. At the lowest threat level they won't even scratch us. I turn towards you with a smile. I mean i did power level you basically in comparison to some new players Havok. So this stuff will seem like absolutely nothing to you and your current strength. I say with a chuckle. That is why we are going to continue pushing more and more towards completing all the quests i have and then some. After all their is a quest on the second floor i sadly missed the timing for in terms of getting SP rewards. You on the other hand are not to late as long as you're below level 15th the SP rewards are viable for it. I say with a smile. And that is part of the reason i want you so high in damage. Is for that quest. To be able to beat these monsters with my help before they can react hopefully. The quest i am talking about is fighting a Warg and four wolves.

Taro smiled some as he followed her directions, heading towards the southern part of the town. The way Hestia described the monsters, they were effectively rifts on either treants or any variety of garden warfare games. Actually the more she described, the more he was convinced they were basically fly-eaters or similar types of plants. It was an interesting little enemy to face. Of course her logic was sound, and it made sense to go through all the various quests on lower levels and get the bonus rewards while one could. He nodded to himself as she continued talking "Hey, it makes total sense. I got ya. I am actually considering saving up for my weapon skill rank 3 as well, to try and spike the damage I can deal even more so. I think when I can get there, I should slowly start out damaging even you! But I also need to get this familiar."

Still, Taro smiled as they continued walking towards the quest area. This should be quick. 

Well the thing about the familiar Havok is that i am making you a familiar call, or well more so attempting to do so effectively, and working on making that work. It is a process at the moment. I inform you with a small chuckle as we walk towards the southern part of town and then exiting it as it opens up to a nice path of green pastures on either side. Wolves, and boars roaming these fields waiting for any unlucky player to come across its path and become its next meal if the player is not careful. However, since it is the first floor both of us don't have anything to worry about at all when it comes to any of these monsters. Myself being overpowered for them, so when comparing to your singular damage you're like a god to them in terms of your raw power. I say rather cheerfully. Well i hope you can focus on those sword skills of yours to unlock the sword arts to slowly allow more and more damage available. i say with a grin and i seem rather excited at the prospect of that.

So do you have any questions Havok? Be it a get to know me question, or a question on the quest? I ask you curiously as we walk along the path the forest not even within any form of viewing at the moment to show we have a bit of walking to do.

Twirling his spear around some, Taro just hummed as he and Hestia talked some.They had developed some good chemistry, intuiting what and how to move together in combat. They had started getting more comfortable about expending energy and when to go all in and when to hold back. It was al basically practice, but it was definitely worth it. His confidence had only soared, and while jonesing for real, difficult fight, Taro understood and appreciated the slower pace. "No, I know you are over leveled for the area, but then again, as long as someone had a similar set up of shield and mitigation, we might have been able to accomplish similar things. However, I get the feeling that most of the players in my level range are just a bit slower or not understanding things quite as well."

As they continued walking through the forest, Taro yawned a little. "Nope, do not have any. I think I got the gist of it. Just need to kill things until the special one shows up and then murder it too. Easy and quick."

I nod my head with a smile glad you seem to get how things are going and what is needed of this quest as we walk along the path of this road. It takes about an hour but a forest starts to appear within sight. The forest having this weird creepy feel to it do to how dark and gloomy everything looks. Players who wouldn't be really use to the life and death aspect could easily be convinced to back away from this area to try and avoid it. However, for myself who has already almost been killed, and has put myself in situations where i should've died by facing things that were above my level i should've died a few times here and their. Instead i have conquered them or in the case of almost dying got lucky enough that is how the quest works so i have no fear at all of this forest. As we start to approach the forest i equip my actual armor and weapons to get ready for the moment that will just be a utter one sided fight from start to end. Kuro my familiar is lazily walking behind us not having much care at this moment being entirely use to this floor and knowing nothing is a danger to his owner so their is no need to be on alert.

Taro smirked some as they finally crossed the threshold of the forest, transitioning away from the trail. It had become a nice, easy feeling traveling with Hestia, but they had a job to do. They could reminisce and chatter later on in the day. Grabbing his spear, Taro checked his equipment, making sure his rings and pauldrons were properly stowed or equipped as necessary. "So basically, did you just want to spam our area of effect attacks and try to just pick them apart as we see them? I mean, it makes sense to spam this and get it over as quickly as possible." Taro nodded as they saw some smaller monsters scurry off into the underbrush. These were creatures that undeniably had scared many new players before they had made it to the levels that they had reached so far on the frontlines. But still, now they were not really a threat at all. 

It's nice to know you know how i think by now Havok. I say with a grin upon my lips as i continue leading into the forest as we're looking for these creatures that really aren't that tough by any standards when compared to us. We use our area of affects attack and then i leave the final blow of the stronger version of these week monsters to you so you can try to get lucky with that better looting chance item you have if i remember correctly. I say with a smile on my face still being totally relaxed while wearing my armor and equipment at the ready not being threatened by this place do to my health, mitigation, and the high chance anything that attacks me will just kill itself upon the thorns of my armor. So then Havok ready for the easiest quest you will ever do. I mean besides the lesson quests of course. I say with a chuckle at that. My familiar Kuro is having fun terrifying some creatures or playing touch and go by hitting them an then fleeing them before the aggro can get to close to us. The lion having some fun harassing the wilflife in this forest.

Taro nodded as he listened carefully to what the young woman had to say. Yet again, she had proven her chops and was definitely on the smart track to get this thing done. "Hey I was wondering anyways about this quest: was there some kind of lesson or early learning tied to it? Or was there another angle to it? It just seems to be mild and very, very straight forward. Though I have to admit I kind of wish all the quests were that simple. There would not be a lot of effort required from us moving forward. I mean, I could imagine a world where we power level and are able to solo everything in our way. But that would be very much unlike the game designer's choice. I mean, if someone was able to do that, I am sure they would have done that already, you know? I wonder though, what do you think the current bosses of level 22 are like? There was a rumor that the front line was looking to start up a raid for the boss..."

Well i don't know honestly. I haven't really looked to the lore of the 21st floor so i don't know what that floor boss could be like that. Just the bosses of each floor are very dependent upon the floors is what i could guess. Like for this floor i could imagine maybe like a giant pig standing upon to legs and fighting us since their are lots of boars on this floor. I tell you with a shrug not being that knowledgeable. I could imagine the ninth floor that is practically lots of fire and lava being like a giant hell hound, Hades, or a Phoenix of some sort, or maybe a lava golem for players to fight though. I say with a smile upon my face as i say that.

I don't think their was much purpose to this quest besides giving the players a +1 damage enhancement sword to help them with surviving as much as possible. So maybe it was meant to show the players how enhancements worked. I tell you very unsure myself of the true purpose of this quest. As i say this you can hear Kuro's roar as he spots the targets we are meant to fight. 4 Nepents spawn as they are before us. Each of them having slime like tentacles that they use to move as the flower like upper head of them stare down at you with this big creepy grin. A long tongue licking the lips of this creature. They have no eyes. Two extends come from the side to show leaves that are most likely razor sharp if they are meant to be some kind of threat.

Havok: ?/?  Energy: ?/?

Nepent #1: 7/7 (DMG 3)

Nepent #2: 7/7 (DMG 3)

Nepent #3: 7/7 (DMG 3)

Nepent #4: 7/7 (DMG 3)

Hestia: 440/440/  Energy: 44/44

Edited by Hestia
  • 2 weeks later...

Taro nodded as Hestia shared what little information she had. It made sense that the aesthetics of the bosses would take elements from the surrounding areas. If there was lot of fire, it would make little sense for there to be an ice boss or even a water boss. Well, aside from a mountain spring or something, there was no real reason for such a jarring dichotomy of the scenic motifs. Still, there was something to be said for unpredictability, and that was something that was definitely designed into the game. So much of his expectations had been thoroughly smashed. 

"I feel you. There is just so much for us to learn, I will definitely not only concede that but agree to it as well. If we want to be stronger, we have to prepare for an increasingly neurotic game that is in fact designed to kill us. Like these critters."

Taro's eyes sized up the Nepents that spawned. There were mostly harmless from what he could tell, and he wasted little time stepping in and using Sonic Charge. He thrust forward, slashing with his spear. The burst of energy at the end of the move exploded, catching two of the little guys. "There, half way done."

ID# 91168 results: Battle: 8 = 7 DMG, Dead

ID# 91169 results:  Battle: 9 = 8 DMG, Dead

ID# 91170 results:  Battle: 2 = Miss

ID# 91171 results:  Battle: 4 = Miss

Havok: 180/180  Energy: 16/18

Nepent #1: Dead

Nepent #2: Dead

Nepent #3: 7/7 (DMG 3)

Nepent #4: 7/7 (DMG 3)

Hestia: 440/440/  Energy: 44/44

Edited by Havok

I watch as two of the nepents just shatter right away as i nod my head expecting that, but is rather surprised as two of them manage to get out of the way of the attack with their small little tentacle legs. I just take out my sword now as i move in towards the remaining two nepents as i extend my blade following the sword art like i have always done. I smile as the blade glows as it is meant to do when the sword art is activated. I then quickly spin myself around when i get close to the last two remaining nepents. I smile when i stop thinking i got both of them from having seen the millions of sword explode out from the death of the enemy. However, when i look back i see one last remaining one still standing somehow even after two AOE strikes as i can only nod. Surprised that it managed to not die yet, but i am quick into action as i dodge to leaves coming at my body as i watch as they leave little grooves along the ground showing that they are indeed sharp leaves.

Spoiler

#91172  on #3  BD:3   MD: 2

#91173 on #4  BD: 8  CD:8   MD: 10 (dead)  Farrant Full Moon: 5x3=15

Nepent #4: Dead

Hestia: 440/440/  Energy: 39/44

Taro grunted with satisfaction as he watched Hestia move in seamlessly after him. Her movements were fluid and on point, and her sword strike was mostly true. She swung at the third Nepent, barely missing. Her strike at the fourth creature was on point though, felling it easily with her damage. In fact, if his quick math was correct, she likely could have killed both of them with the damage she used. However it was not to be. Thus, Taro swung at the lone remaining creature with vicious, his Keen enhancement active. As was his luck, their luck in reality, he missed badly. It was definitely one of his worst swings in a while . He shook his head as he moved back behind Hestia. This was just their luck, one of the easiest quests, and they were having to burn so much energy and effort just to clear it. It would take a while likely. 

#91174  on #3  BD:1

Nepent #4: Dead

Hestia: 440/440/  Energy: 39/44

Edited by Havok

I watch as you move in to attack the Nepent, but as per usual when it comes to us the attack miss as i can only chuckle at this fact being presented to us on how much this game must hate us in terms of our accuracy. I then focus in as i then position myself on more legs bent and body low. As i then dash in towards the nepent as i move out of the way of the swinging sharp leaves attached to tentacles. Ducking under their strike before i quickly swing my blade cutting the Nepent in half as it shatter into a million little crystals. However, before we can celebrate the boss that we're looking for appears. The Nepent variant that holds the item we are looking. Hit it as hard as you can Havok, and hope to everything up their that it drops the item we need. I call over to you.

#91175   BD:6  MD:5 (dead)   CD: 6   Rage blow: 5x2=10

[H:2] Havok: 180/180  Energy: 16/18

Nepent variant: HP: 15/15  (Mitigation: 5, Damage: 10)

[H:4] Hestia: 440/440/  Energy: 39/44