<F4-PP> Upgrading the Guild "Essence of Steel"

Spoiler

Requirements:
-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
- The Snow Beast must be defeated

Snow Beast Information:
<Snow Beast> is a Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 250
Damage per Attack: 160

Special Ability: Partial Phase- Snow Beast will always deal a minimum of 24 damage, even through Armor and Armor Abilities.

Rewards:

1. Essence of Steel: an incredibly rare monster drop that allows a player to enhance a weapon, armor, or accessory and improve it's quality by one level. (Example, an Uncommon Weapon becomes a Rare Weapon.) Enhanced Gear is eligible for new Item Enhancements and must be approved through the Crafting Item Evaluation Topic.
    Note: This item CANNOT change a weapon's Tier. (Example, a Tier 1 weapon becomes a Tier 2).
  2. 1 Skill Point

Eatos was, well, lucky in a way this quest existed. It makes her job as a Blacksmith so much easier, the ability to upgrade the quality of any piece of equipment she picked? It was, in her eyes invaluable and needed. With the change to crafting, to make a perfect, well, it was a lot harder. Thankfully, this quest existed and would allow her to upgrade any piece she wanted, as long as she killed the boss guarding it. 

The girl checked her messages, and smiled. She hadn't made an error in the people she contacted for help, since as a non-combat player, no way she could do this alone. The first was @Stryder, the guild leader and, honestly, the strongest player she knew. If anyone would be able to do this quest alone, it was him. But, well, she would heal him if he got into trouble, they had worked well together in the past and today would be no different. She had messaged him, asking for his help against a boss level quest and that it was urgent. 

While it was for a guild member, that being Pinball, she was hesitate about inviting him. This would be dangerous and without his equipment, well, she didn't want to put him in danger any more than she had to. 

Edited by Eatos

Sky groaned as he woke up, having been napping in a tree. He had a long day fighting, levelling up and getting stronger and stronger, trying to get himself to the point where he can protect anyone he came across.. At least that was what he had been dreaming. In reality, he was just tired and sleeping for the hell of it. He rolled out of the tree, landing in the cold snow. It was FREEZING! But he got up, his clothing quite warm. He fully changed his appearance, the gentlemen's suit doing what it had been needed for in the past, but now.... It just didn't do it for him. He needed something new, and was still in the work of changing his appearance, right now having a white, black and blue hoodie on. 

He got a message from Eatos, asking him to go help her with a quest. He didn;t mind to much, and headed towards where she ahd said to go. It only took him a minute or two to find her, well, after the good half an hour of bolting around to wherever she was! He walked up, smiling.

"Hey Eatos!"

It took Stryder a lot longer to find her than she had originally planned, but then, she was at the start of a cave so she honestly shouldn't have been surprise. She had spent most the time playing Fetch with Angel, the large husky enjoying the game each time she threw the stick she had picked up for it. The familiar was loving the game and they would have kept doing, until Stryder arrived. 

She whistled for Angel to come to her side, the large dog barking in protest, but doing it regardless. She had been working on getting Angel some level of disipline, mostly for it they do get in a fight, they won't trip over one another. It was nice to see at least he was starting to obey when it was needed.

"Stryder, thanks for coming. I need a hand, you know the Essence of Steel quest? I need to get the drop it has to finish Pinballs order"

She had done the maths already and knew they could do it, the boss couldn't deal enough damage to kill Stryder, not with her healing him consistently. Simply maths.  

Edited by Eatos

Sky thought about it.... And actually came up blank! He didn't actually know the quest, he had not done it. He had heard about it from the world, but he had never actually completed it, or even... accepted it. He was a little nervous, though... He was a lot stronger then he used to be. He had these accursed gloves, they gave him tremendus strength, strength like the souls of all the monsters killed to strengthen and forge the gloves. He smiled as Angel went next to Eatos, the dog obeying her. She was getting stronger... That much was evident.

"To be honest, i don't believe i have. Never done this one, shouldn't be to hard though, iv got ya here to heal me" He says to her, acting a little cocky. He wasn't worried, she had never let him nearly die, and he had always protected her. He had all his gear, all the gear SHE had given him, he was going to survive this, no matter what happened. He would survive!

The girl wasn't honestly too surprised Stryder hadn't heard of the quest, it was one that didn't benefit him directly. Rather, a quest that is more suited to help those with crafting skills like herself. The reward was what she was after. She smiled at him, oh yes, this was going to be easy indeed.

"It's all good Stryder, i've already done the maths" She said calmly as she headed into the cave. She hoped that NPCs would spawn before they ran into the boss, but if they did, well, she did have a new trick to show off. "The boss deals 150ish damage. Taking into account your armour and my healing, there is no way it can through you before you defeat it" She had been lucky to find a player who had done it before, and had given her all the details she wanted, for a fairish price of Col and a weapon. 

"At some point, i may want to come back for this quest. It's reward is amazing, it can upgrade the quality of, well, anything i have made. Imagine that Stryder, i could make everything perfect in my store...Issue is, well, i can't kill the  boss alone...I don't have the damage to do it"

@Stryder

When she said she had done the math, it did calm him down a little. He was a little worried about this unknown, but Eatos was very good at dealing with buisness... things, and she was normally right when she said something about having done the calculations right. He listened in on her talking, saying that the boss did a average amount of damage. He could take about..... Three hits? Maybe four before it managed to kill him. That was before his armor... With his gear, he should be able to take at least five hits. Then with her healing.... That should double, and he should be able to take at least nine hits. Sky knew with his Accursed Soul, and his mastery of the Martial Arts... He should be able to do enough damage to out deal it.

She then said about wanting to redo the quest later. He had no idea if he would want to redo this a lot.... But, who knew, he might enjoy it.

"Well, sounds like you have this all planned out. Guess i'l follow your lead this time, just promise to keep me alive" Sky said, giving a bit of a laugh, before sending her a party invite. He knew she wanted to keep track of his health, otherwise he might die!

Eatos nodded her head. She knew she had her maths correct. The boss of this quest, a Snow Beast, did a max of 160 damage with a minimum of 24. Even without factoring in Stryders armour, he could take 4-5 hits. Then it was Mitigation, Evasion and her healing, there was no way Stryder died before he killed the boss, who only totaled 160 HP. Stryder would kill it in 3, if not 2 hits. Simple maths, that's all questions like this had to be. Clean. 

"Have faith in me Stryder, i've never let you die  yet and, well...Lets be real here, if you go down. This boss will kill me, so no pressure"

It was mostly meant as a joke, but there was some level of undeniable truth in these quests. Stryder was the toughest player she knew, if he died in a quest, there was no chance she'd be able to finish it. Her life was, quite literally, in Stryders hands now. She smiled as Angel barked loudly "Come on, we wanna get going. Snow Beast won't wait forever"

Never let him die... He couldn't help but give a sort of uneasy laugh about that. It was true, but that was due to the fact he was still here! If he had died, well... He wouldn't be here. He didn't want to let it get him down, but she was right, she had always kept him alive, just like he has kept her alive so far through this hell. And she was right, if he ever went down when she was there.... It was a good assumption that she wouldn't be making it out either, which was something he refused to allow to happen. 

"Heh, no pressure... Cool.... Well, lead the way" He said, semi laughing while saying that. There was a LOT of pressure on him, but she wouldn't have asked him to come if it was insanely dangerous, well.... If it was more then he could handle. With his armor from his friend, and his Accursed Souls... There wasn't much he had to be worried about. If it was just a Snow beast, how hard could it be to take out? Its just snow... Right?"

She didn't realize how much pressure she'd thrown onto him by stating what she knew in her heart. The reality, for her, was simple. Partying up for quests was something of a business deal, with Stryder being the 'store', and herself, the money behind it. If the store failed, the money dies. That's how it works, and that's how this worked also. Stryder was a strong combat player than her, on that where was little doubt. Much stronger than her, although most were. If a monster was able to kill Stryder, well, there was a very slim chance of her surviving. Her only 'hope' was that the monster would be taken so low, she'd have the damage to finish it off. But even then, it was not an ideal She'd lose so much...

"We'll be fine Stryder. I've done the maths already, we've already won this fight"

• 2 weeks later...

He had no reason to doubt her... None at all. She was a great mathematician and a business woman. If she said they would be fine, he wasn't going to argue with it at all. If doubt entered his mind, this whole thing COULD go south. he rubbed his head, wondering how best to do his part of this. He could aways open with a stun, then finish it with a powerful punch. That would make his life a hundred times easier. He was going to do that... he had his little combo, and he was going to get it done easily, this entire fight would be over quickly... As long as his first few hits managed to connect. If he didn't manage to get those first few hits on, he was done for, with or without Eato's healing ability. This thing would end him quickly... He knew that much. He just had to do his part right.

"Well.... Yeah good point, lets go do this!" He says, his carefree demeanor coming back as he laughed a little.

The walk didn't take much longer, and the pair reached the cave. Inside, well, the Snow Beast, despite being white, was very clear and distinct. However, it wouldn't mess with them until they entered the cave. More information she had paid for, but it was worth the cost as the girl looked over at Stryder. She opened her inventory and ensured she had what she needed. Divines Sword, her Curved blade, Guardian Angel, her outfit, and finally, Guardians Necklace. It was simple in design, but new. Importantly, it allowed her greater accuracy. Satified she had all she needed, she turned to Stryder. 

"Ok, the beast has 250 hp. It hits for 160, but must deal 24 damage a hit despite armour" She explains briefly "You hit it and i'll follow up. Given it's alone, i'll be able to help in combat a little more than before" She didn't explain how, just that she would be able to "Given it's damage. I can start us off with a stun? Or would you rather take its agression first?" She looked at him with colder eyes. This was a business deal, for survival. She wanted to know the plan now, having some plan would be demanded. To enter a battle without a plan of attack was suicide in several worlds, including this one. 

Spoiler

Eatos: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 5 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Snow Beast: 250/250 HP | DMG: 160 | Must deal 24 Damage Regardless of MIT. 

• 3 weeks later...
ID:92607 BD:9- All might 15+1x15=240

ID# 92610 results:

MOB: 2 - Miss

Eatos: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 5 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Snow Beast: 10/250 HP | DMG: 160 | Must deal 24 Damage Regardless of MIT. 

H2 Stryder - 540/540HP |37/54 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC 

Concentration - Ready - Survival Active

Sky didn't think to much of it. It could deal a hundred and sixty damage, he didn't mind that. Eatos could heal most of that, and through is Mit, even though it had to deal a little, he could easily tank this beast. Besides, he was confident he could almost one shot the dam thing! With this cocky attitude in mind, he grinned, and ran into the chamber. He had heard her saying something, but he just didn't care. He wasn't worried, and it was time for him to throw his little fear behind him. He loved this game, and he wasn't about to let some field boss scare him. He ran in, the beast turning and trying to smack him, though sky was to quick. He saw the attack coming, and vaulted his arm, landing and running up, his hand glowing a bright blue as he threw all his force into a punch that literally knocked a holl straight through the beast. Its health bar went straight down to red.

"Wow, dissapointing ya beast"

The girl rolled her eyes at Stryder. As much as he was mature, there was still that immaturity she saw in children that lived within him. Despite what she'd said, there was every possibility the Snow Beast was successful in killing him if he wasn't careful. Her healing was good, but far from ideal, and a critical strike from the Snow Beast would make their plan troublesome. Despite all those risks, he threw himself in there and somehow, managed to dodge. And drop the Snowbeast down to the red-zone of its hp!? How much damage was that!? It had to be within the 200 area, and while the Snow Beast lacked any form of damage Mitigation....

She took a breath as, blade in hand, she ran forwards. She wasn't sure if she had the damage to finish the kill, but Stryder hadn't taken a blow meaning it would be a waste of time NOT to attack. After all, you can't heal wounds that don't exist. She got in nice and close, raising her curved-blade before ramming it deep into the heart of the beast, having it explode. She looked at the loot, it was what she needed. Accepting it, she looked at Stryder.

"Next time, just let me know the plan. And no, i don't count 'running headfirst into the problem' a plan...."

Spoiler

ID# 92898 results:

BD 5(+3) 8 -  Hit 

Eatos: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 5 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 EVA | 3 ACC

Snow Beast: 0/250 HP | DMG: 160 | Must deal 24 Damage Regardless of MIT. -Slain!

H2 Stryder - 540/540HP |37/54 EN | 54MIT | 3 ACC

Sword Art: Rage Blow <2EN> 5(2)=10 Damage

Item Drop: Essence of Steel

Edited by Eatos

Sky didn't have to do much in the form of avoiding the beast. His punch had literally taken a hole out of it that was still reforming, and then he watched as Eatos ran in, holding her sword. She didn't worry either about the beast trying anything, she just ran up, getting very close and stabbed it right in the heart. It exploded within a second, and he saw her recieve and accept an item. He didn't get one, but he didn't care. He didn't do this for himself, he did it for her to help his guild. And he would have done it anyway, he had to protect her didn't he? That thing could have killed her. When she looked at him, he did laugh at her response to his actions.

"Do you call punch it until it dies a plan?" He says back, laughing a little more before wiping a laugh-tear off his eyes, puffing a little before smiling and adding "Sure thing, though i wasn't worried. I knew you had my back" 

The blue-haired girl let a sigh escape her lips. Sometimes he was too reckless. Hopefully it wouldn't kill him. She looked back at her inventory, the item she had was acquired. There was no need for them to stay within the cave. The girl whislted, and Angel was at her side in barely moments. She nodded at the familiar, who barked once before heading towards the exit of the cave "I know you were confident, but there is always a risk. Something may have gone wrong, you never know. Not everything will go to plan..." She knew she was being too cynical, and should back away, but there was always a fear within her at death...

"Well, we have achieved what we set out here to do. I have the item i need, and it'll get Pinball the item he wants. Thanks, for coming to help" It was unspoken that she could never have done this quest alone,yet, as a blacksmith, it would be needed...a lot. 

With a shrug he just looked around, smiling at her. He knew something could have gone wrong, but this little bluenette was here to help him out if he needed it. Besides, he had enough time. He sighed, she had the item she needed and Pinball would get what he needed, so everyone wins. Now all that was left was to search around a bit. He wanted to see if he could find a chest before they got back to town! Maybe get some much needed Col for his guild's Guild Hall. Every bit put them closer, so he had no reaosn not to look.

"I mean, yeah, but your here to keep me alive, so what do i need to be scared about? Anyway, want to look around a bit? We are in a cave afterall" He says to her, already looking around as they leave. He knew they were heading towards the exit, but he was searching, looking around trying to see any shinging thingy that might be possibly something he could go and grab.

The girl opted to just drop it. Stryder was someone who, when they believed themselves right, they argued it. She would argue otherwise, but right now, it wasn't needed nor required. They had won, hopefully it would continue. She simply nodded her head and walked towards him. She placed her blade onto her hip and followed him into the cave. There was a chance of something being here, but there was only one real way to find out. As they walked, the girl accessed her inventroy. She swapped out her gaunlets, which were combat focused, for her ring. It would allowed her better chance to acquire materials within the cave itself.

She looked out at the snow in front of her within the cave. Hopefully there wasn't any other monsters ready and waiting. Hopefully...

"Well, lets get a look then eh?"

Unequipped - Gauntlet of Divinity

Equipped - Relic Draupnir

Edited by Eatos

ID# 93095 results:

Loot: 2-No Mat :(

Sky laughed a little, she dropped it, he won! He loved this feeling, well, he loved this world, but whatever. He turned to the right, heading down some random corridor that was near the exit. He knew there was like a ninety percent chance they would get lost in this corridor, but he wasn't worried. He actually had two teleportation crystals on him he won in a raffle, which was really good! It meant he had some way to keep himself safe no matter what the hell was happening. With a shrug, and a sigh, he looked around, failing to find anything, which did actually annoy him quite a lot, but he didn't mind.

"Well... no luck on my end, but thats nothing out of the norm" He said to her with a bit of a upset tone. He was always unlucky.... He was insanely skilled in combat, he always went well in that regard which was quite good because it meant he would stay alive... But it still sucked that he was always unlucky with other aspects of the game...

He wasn't entirely wrong. When it came to combat, Stryder was the 'lucky one'. However, outside of battle, in direct comparason, well, it was her domain. The girl knelt down in the snow and gently ran her hand through it, until she found what she was looking for. Materials, 4 of them. She smiled as she stood up, a sly grin on her face. 

"Gunna go on a slight guess here and say i won this round?" She asked as she added the materials into her inventory,  and looked around. The white ice coated the entire area, and, well, it reminded her of home in so many ways. It took her back to when she was just a little kid, exploring her parents backyard. When she was younger, the snow had always fascinated her. Even now, as an adult, there was something so special about it. She couldn't name what it was, but it was there. Always it was there, in her mind.

"Stryder, are you ever planning on getting a familiar?" As if knowing the convosation, Angel walked up to Stryder and demandingly  bumped into his legs, demanding his attention. 

Spoiler

ID: 93595

LD: 17 (+3)=20

Cd: 12 (+3 materials)

Result: 4 T1 Materials Found

Edited by Eatos

ID# 93776 results:

Loot: 3 - Common fail

Sky didn't respond to her first little thing yet, searching around more for another mat. He knew he wouldn't find anything... But that didn't stop him. He looked, and looked, but failed in finding a actual material, laughing afterwards and looking towards her.

"You know i never find stuff like this" He said, and then the question about the familiar... It hit him hard. He may not seem like it, but he spent a lot of his time alone. He ran a guild, he had heaps of friends, and he had people he went out on quests with ALL over Aincrad... He could go anywhere, but he still was alone normally. There was two people here he actually trusted and liked... Eatos and Thorsten.... Those were the only two he felt he could trust more than anyone.

"Maybe soon... Just waiting to find one that clicks in me" He answers, briefly, before continuing to look for materials.