[F3-PP] burning civilization <<Treant Rivalries>>

Think about it this way Pinball if you chose to kill the treants you chose it do to the fact that it would be easier to kill anything you deemed not human, and a thread to the humanoid like species. If you chose to kill the elven ones like i did it could be multiple reasons. Whether the person recognizes the fact they are ones and zeroes and just wanted the quest reward they thought was better, or because they are a absolute insane monster that lives off the thrill of battle against humans, or worse kill humanoid creatures. He says calmly to his rival wondering what the reaction will be seeing the conflicted look upon his rival's face and figuring that the answer would be rather easy to give out to Pinball whether the answer is correct or not. Not being known to either of the two individuals talking. Only the Cardinal system and what it decides is necessary to create.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball shook his head angrily, kicking up dirt. "It's... It's not that simple!" He struggled to find words, but could find none. He had no idea what quest rewards this side of the line offered, nor did he especially care in this particular moment. His fists tightened, and he glared at the ground. "God!" He slammed the butt of his spear in the dirt repeatedly. He was incredibly frustrated, but he couldn't find the right words to express himself. He shook his head again, trying to dismiss all conflicting thoughts and arguments. "Whatever." He started walking down the path, leaning against his spear/walking stick. The deeper in the forest he travelled, Pinball knew, the more likely it would be that they found the monsters they were looking for. They were approaching the final stage of the quest, and Pinball still felt very confused by it all. Right now, he just wanted to get it over with as quickly as possible. "Let's just get this done," he mumbled as he walked, preparing himself for the fight they were bound to find. 

EN: 2/3

He nods his head fine with that as he makes his way on over towards where the Commander should be located at knowing that with the two of them if they're energy is at max that should be capable of killing both the singular commander and king one after the other with no difficulty at all. He moves through the forest and watches as the trees slowly become less and less around them, and in the distance the smell of food permeates the air rather heavily. Followed by that is the sound of music in the very distant that slowly becomes louder and louder with the music sounding like what you would expect at a medieval festival of sorts. He glances towards Pinball with a nod of  his head. I think the enemy encampment is ahead, and they're celebrating their victory probably of some recent fight between the two factions. have you ever wanted to be a party crasher? he asks in a joking tone.

As they walked, Pinball became even more aware of the signs that told them they were on the right track. The path seemed worn with use, and more often than not, the long grass of the forest seemed to be trampled. The trees seemed more and more spaced out, and soon the sounds of music and the smell of food filled the air. He was about to point these things out to Mars, but he spoke then, confirming that he had already noticed these things. He asked if they were perhaps celebrating a victory, and Pinball nodded. "Probably." Then, trying to get in the spirit of the fight, "I mean, I'd hope they weren't our soldiers. After all, it'd be our duty, then, to make sure they don't make it back to whatever camp they're heading for." He smiled, jogging towards where the enemy encampment lie ahead. As the elves came Into sight, Pinball filled his lungs, belting out a loud shout. "Oi, oi, oi! Nobody said we were having a party, lads!"

EN: 3/3 

Let's get some elves, boiiis

Edited by Pinball

He rolls his eyes at his rivals usual antics as he steps in the camp while slamming his fist into a open palm as the commander steps forward a man wearing a set of more sturdy looking gear then the usual soldiers as he walks on over towards us with a lot of soldiers littering the camp, and then the king himself sitting in a throne like chair observing what is going to happen. The elven commander looks at me and then you. I don't know what game you're trying to pull human scum, but i will ha- He never gets to finish that sentence as mars charges at the elven man igniting with All Might with a grin upon his face. However, much to Mars' surprise he gets his arm grabbed and then chucked into a tent knocking it over as the commander then looks at you. Are you going to try and attack me like your idiot friend did? he asks in a cold tone as you can see the tent area light up with red energy at Mars hearing that. Either that from savvy activating, or All Might once more, or both you don't know.

#96754  BD:2+3=5   MD:5-3=2

Mars: 420/420 HP | 40/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

Pinball: 440/440 HP | 44/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 7 DMG 

Enemy-

Elven Commander: HP: 100/100 MIT: 55 Damage Per hit: 20

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

Once again, Pinball was surprised to hear an elf speak. He supposed it should be expected of humanoid monsters. Pinball listened intently to what the monster had to say, but Mars wasn't as patient. He watched, completely surprised, Mars launch himself forward, only to get swung aside into a tent. "Are you going to try and attack me like your idiot friend did?" Pinball shrugged, a sheepish grin on his face. He nodded, lowering the tip of his spear. From inside the tent, Pinball was aware of a red glow. Savvy? Or All Might? Maybe both? Pinball turned his attention back to the Elvish Commander. He had to keep him busy. "Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Oh, and sorry for crashing your party. The treants send their regards." He rushed the Commander, activating Dimension Stampede. He concluded the Sword Art, his attack having put the Commander in quite the predicament. He laughed. "Man, you're weaker than I thought!" He then yelled to the tent. "Mars! Now!"

------------------------

OOC NOTE: ((Due to a miscalculation, Pinball's base damage should be 8, not 7, being a Two-handed weapon user. His DMG has been adjusted.))

--Combat--

ID#97045

BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit!) 

Pinball attacks Elvish Commander - Dimension Stampede

8*15= 120 - 55 = 65 DMG! 

<< +1 EN / -17 EN >>

-Players-

[H:0] @Mars: 420/420 HP | 40/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:1] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 28/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 8 DMG 

Enemy-

Elven Commander: HP: 35/100 MIT: 55 Damage Per hit: 20

Edited by Pinball

From the tent Mars comes out of it with a burning glare at the commander as his form burns with red energy as he charges at the commander, and with a singular hit that the elven commander almost dodged again if it wasn't for a red glow blinding the commander for a brief moment. The punch connects with the commander sneidng him flying past the king, and then hitting a tree with a sickening cracking sound and then falls over. The health bar reaching zero as it then dissipates into nothing. With that Mars turns to the king with a grin. Soliders can't save you, commanders can't save you. You can't save yourself when you're facing against us king. Now come and prove that your people aren't just some weaklings for me please. The only thing they've managed to do so far is dirty my clothes. He says keeping out also that he felt slightly humiliated at the fact of just being casually thrown into a tent.

The king gets up from his throne and slowly makes his way towards us. I know this is a lost battle. The Treants managed to find good warriors to do their dirty work for them. I don't know what they offered, or what reasons they give. However, i forgive you for harming us since i know you must have your reasons to think we're the monsters within this story. Even though i know this is a lost fight. I must fight you for the protection of my people. Since i am sure the blackened one would just kill more of my people if i didn't get involved. he says in a wisened,  and old voice that just sounds like it is tired of conflict. The king looking towards me when he says the blackened one. With that the elven king takes off the robes and such revealing rather heavy and sturdy armor protecting him, as he takes out a battle axe. Just let the rest of my people live. I implore you. He says in a pitiful tone.

#97083  BD:2+4=6   All Might: 10x15=150-55=95

-Players-

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 24/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:1] @Pinball: 440/440 HP | 28/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 8 DMG 

Enemy-

Elven Commander: HP: 0/100 MIT: 55 Damage Per hit: 20

Edited by Mars

Pinball was a bit put off by Mars' harsh words. Looking to the King approaching them, Pinball gripped his spear, lowering the tip to the ground - his normal attack stance. But, to Pinball's surprise, the King didn't attack immediately. Instead, he spoke. Pinball once again felt very bad, but he was already too far gone. There was no backing out now. Pinball bowed, feeling foolish, yet at the same time feeling as if it were necessary. "I'm sorry," he mumbled, "but this only ends one way." The King shrugged off his cape, revealing the battle axe. "I'm sure you of all people understand what it's like to get your land taken. The Treants feel the same way." He choked up for a moment, trying to keep his emotions under wrap. "But this is war, and nobody wins that. You're on the wrong side. I'm sorry." He rolled his shoulders, once again readying his attack stance. "Your people won't be harmed. I promise - I won't let it happen. Please, fight back, and show your people the pride of a king. I'm sorry." He knew it was stupid. They would just respawn for the next couple of players that showed up. However, his heart wouldn't be able to take it otherwise. He had to at least know that the King died for a purpose. "I'm sorry."

Mars just laughs a bit at he king's words as he slowly steps forward letting All Might cover him as he approaches the man. Just giving a side glance towards Pinball at seeing him actually feeling remorse for some program that will just respawn. However, even then he seems willing to fight which means he understands the fact, and only just feels guilt like any normal creature would if they couldn't get past the fact these are so human like. He punches the king downwards into the ground slamming it into the ground as the ground cracks and then mars combines that fact by punching the weapon away from the king making it get embedded into one of the soldiers. With the weapon bisecting a soldier it dies right then and there and the weapon falls harmlessly to the ground. Mars turns to the king with a grin. I can harm your people if i want to. Real life has played out many wars where the victors have tortured the losers each and every time by harsh stipulations. This war will be no different. The only difference is that you guys get to come back each and every single time. To lose every single time.

The king looks up at mars with a look of pain and pitiful look. I know your heart is blackened young one, but it isn't to soon to turn away from that path. You're on a darkened path that can be changed right now. Just turn away and change your ways young one. He says in a pleading tone to Mars who only gives a cold calculative stare back at the man from underneath his hood. You're time has come to a end King. You're done for. He says to the man and then walks away for his fate to be sealed.

#97099 BD:10 12x15= 180-75=105 DMG

[H:3] Mars: 420/420 HP | 8/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:0] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 28/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 8 DMG 

Enemy:

Elven King: 45/150 75 MIT 25 DMG

Edited by Mars

"I'm sorry!" Pinball charged at the King while he had Mars' attention. "Defend yourself!" The King responded with a sloppy slash of his battle-axe that seemed to be aimed more at Mars than Pinball. Either way, it was easily dodged. The force of his onslaught made the King stagger, and Pinball's heart sunk. "I'm sorry!" He was a terrible person. "I'm sorry!" The jabs of his spear slashed and tore at the King's elegant armor. "I'm sorry!" But the fight was over now, and Pinball was slashing at empty air. "I'm sorry." Pinball's shoulders slumped, and he dropped to the dirt. The quest was over, now. They had fulfilled the Treant's orders- all that was left to do was report back and find out what they had been fighting for. He knew it was to reclaim land, though what piece specifically was unclear to the boy. After what he had done, and what was now weighing on his conscience... he hoped it was worth it. 

ID# 97100

BD: 8 (Hit!) MD: 8-3= 5 (Miss!)

Pinball - Dimension Stampede 

8*15= 120-75= 45 DMG 

Elven King is DEAD. 

-Players-

[H:3] Mars: 420/420 HP | 8/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

Enemy:

Elven King: 0/150 75 MIT 25 DMG

Edited by Pinball

he chuckles at the king's defeat and starts exploring the area that is all around investigating the camp as best as possible. Eventually while investigating the camp ignoring the cowering and scared elven people who are pleading for mercy. Mars eventually pulls out a treasure chest from one of the tents and throws it towards you with a raised eyebrow. Well then found a chest these little elves managed to get. Why don't you open it then Pinball i found it you can open it up if need be. I want to see what we can get from our troubles in doing all of this. he tells his ally as he goes towards the throne and sits on it with a grin on his face at being able to sit in a throne that looks rather comfortable for the most part.

#97107  LD:20

Edited by Mars

Pinball watched lazily from the ground as Mars searched the tents. There were bound to be loot within the camp, as they had been in the presence of a King. However, Pinball felt way too much like a raider for his own liking. Mars tossed a treasure chest in front of him, and Pinball nodded. He moved to open it, though his face betrayed the fact that he was rather uninterested. Upon opening the crate, a screen popped up, showing the rewards. With a shrug, Pinball turned on visibility for the screen, sliding it over to Mars to show his companion. Looking around the camp, a grim idea settled in Pinball's mind. He stood, sliding the chest to the side with his boot. "Hey," he said, his voice spacey, "let's go get our rewards from the treants. They give us something for this, right?" Pinball rolled his head, picking up his spear. "C'mon, let's go. Then we can go fishing - but we need to finish this first."

ID#97110 

LD: 10 

Gained: 

• [225] Col
  • [3] T1 Materials
  • [2] <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable>>
Edited by Pinball

At seeing the reward for opening the chest he nods his head fine with the rewards but wishing they were better. however, after mulling it over a bit he just laughs at how ironically kind the system was as he slowly gets up. how pitiful you all are to only have this much with you after getting out of here. Know what i am fine with leaving you all to your misery. I've taken your leadership, and what might be your last bit of coin. Enjoy yourself i truly hope you do so. he says as he then slams his foot into the throne destroying it as he then gets out of the elven encampment with a grin on his face that he seemingly display rather proudly as he makes his way towards where the Treants should be located if they haven't moved at all from where they were last relocated. Mars himself not looking back at these elven people not seeing a need to look back upon the weak.

Edited by Mars

Pinball shook his head at Mars' boasting, but he kept his thoughts to himself. There wasn't much you could do to change a person. Pinball yawned as they walked. The Treant camp wasn't too far from where they were; the elves had been settled shockingly close. Pinball's mind was set on a couple of things. He felt terribly guilty for what he had just been made to do, and he felt it was very unfair that he had to do it the way it was done. He made a plan. He would greet the Treant King most respectively, as he did with the Elven King. He would accept his reward, if he recieved one, and then he would ask that the King take them to see the place they had fought so hard for. He looked up at the sky, surprised to see that the sun was already setting. They should be at the camp well before night fall, though whether or not they make it to the Treant's saved land is another question. He looked to Mars, forcing a bit of a smile, though his heart was still out of it. "You have fun, guy? We can go fishing after we wrap this up. I want to hit the beach, maybe, before night hits us.

<<EN REC: 2/3>>

Fun and the feeling of success being very two different emotions. Success is one that i have definitely felt in that moment. Though the question i should be asking if you are okay yourself Pinball. You certainly were doing half-hearted attacks. Then there is the fact you are acting ever so slightly off. You're going through the correct motions to make it seem like it, but you aren't putting your entire heart into the act. Which is why you are rather easy to see past in terms of you trying to seem okay when you aren't. Mars says to his rival being unable to be fooled via methods of acting. Being a master of the craft it is hard to trick him with such a method. That being the equivalent of fighting fire with fire. The only result is you'll make the flame bigger and burn both of the people involved. Though i do like the idea of gathering some materials since that would be rather useful. I could use a bit more especially if it can involve fighting against any monsters for the nice COL we can get from them. Mars says with a grin on his face.

He yawned. "I'm fine," he replied flatly, looking straight ahead. It didn't take long for them to arrive at the camp. The Treant King came to them then, the behemoth of a monster taking a knee. He held out Mars' reward, looking at the both of them with large, empty eyes. Then, to Pinball's shock, it spoke. Its voice was a deep rumble. Not unkind, though there was a backbone to the speech that could not be denied. The way the creature talked was slow, rich, and full of emotion. One could tell that what it said was carefully thought of beforehand, and there was an oddly poetic charm to its words. 

"Human warriors," it began, the creature's wooden visage taking on what seemed to be a smile. "You have done our forest a great service. There is no reward we can give to match this kindness." It stood, wooden joints creaking and all. "Come, let us show you what you have done for us." With that, the Treant King set off, the sound of footsteps filling the wilderness. As they walked, the King spoke to them. "The race of Treants is a strong one. Very powerful, indeed. But, we are not the monsters the Elves would have you think us." It cleared the way for them, pushing aside trees and bushes with the utmost gentleness; surprising for one of such size. "We protect our forest. We plant, we preserve life, we live, we die. But the wilderness has a spirit that cannot be crushed." Finally, the King stopped. There stood a glorious tree, taller than any the two players had encountered in the forest thus far. Fireflies fluttered about, and within the large, grotesquely gnarled roots of the tree, forest critters dashed to and fro. 

"So many fallen," the Treant drawled, "to reclaim that which we have protected and nurtured all our lives." The King gazed at the tree quietly. "The Heart of the Forest..." He turned to Pinball and Mars, its long arms swinging to the side with it. "The Elves would have it cut down - used for building their weapons and other such monstrosities. Little do they know of all the homes they take by their own greed." It waved to the small forest creatures darting in and around the trees, and especially within the roots of the tree. The King laughed then, a deep, guttural and bitter sound. "Children of the Forest, they call themselves. No." The King took a knee, its large head bowed. "But you two humans have proven yourselves to be such. On behalf of my people, we thank you.

Mars takes his reward without any hesitation and looks at the Treant as it tries to lead him towards something, and decides to follow since it means he can do what he had planned from the start. Making this truly what was is. A loss on both sides no matter who is hired since in the end the other side can just pay them off and make the enemy pay for killing the others. He doesn't need motivation like COL for certain, but claiming the title of king slayer could be a fun one to have for himself if he continues adding crowns to his kill list. He glances towards Pinball with a grin slowing appearing on Mars' face as the two get close towards the king after he shows them this great tree that the king was wanting to protect. Well kingy while i did enjoy killing a king that is for certain. I couldn't care less about your little war. It will always go on after we leave and you will die, and then the elven will die. But never the sametime. How about i change that formula up by breaking the cycle and making sure nobody wins this war this time. To have one side be kingless would be a shame. Especially with the fact that having us do your dirty work makes you lesser warriors in my eyes. Spineless cowards that don't know the meaning of hardship. You could've tried diplomacy but war broke out. Learn to rise above the hate! Mars says not letting the irony of that statement get past him. That he himself said to not let hate get to you as he charges up All Might as he cackles with red energy. Pinball i hope you don't mind but to allow one to live is not right for how this story book should end. he says his voice sounding slightly distorted during the use of his sword art being activated. Mars bending low to the ground as his familiar the Liger charges up flames of fire.

"Are you threatening me, sapling?" The King rose, towering above the two players. His voice was no longer friendly, and there was a flash of yellow in the monster's eyes. At the flashing of fire, the Treant roared. "Fire! Fire in our holy ground! Traitors! Decievers!" The King raised its arm for a swing, glaring at Mars, and Pinball flinched. He activated his Sword Art, rushing forward. It hit the monster's arms, knocking the King aside. Neither Pinball nor Mars were harmed. "I'm sorry!" The Treant King growled, a deep rumble that filled the clearing. "I had hoped you would have seen things differently." The Treant King, it seemed, was not afraid to fight back. It towered over both players, though judging from the dent Pinball had put in its health, it couldn't be much stronger than the Elven King. "I will protect our forest," it snarled, a heavy fist thudding against its chest. "I am the Elder of my people, and so is my duty.The way the King spoke the last word sent a chill down Pinball's spine. The pride of a king.

---------------------

ID# 97273 

BD: 3+3= 6 (Hit!) MD: 1 (Critical Miss!) 

Pinball - Dimension Stampede

8*15 = 120-75 = 45 DMG 

The Treant King attacks Mars - Miss

<<+1 EN / - 17 EN>>

-Players-

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 42/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

Enemy:

Treant King: 105/150 75 MIT 25 DMG

Edited by Pinball

He lets out a chuckle himself as he lets the energy consume him as he then jumps towards the king with a rather stacked All Might attack planning to hit the king as his cloak glows ever so slightly from Savvy even activating to just add to the bonus of me being impossible to now get a hit on this king. However, just as his fist got close towards the being it grabs mars' hand and slowly squeezes as Mars with gritted teeth calls out. Vereox now! His familiar nods and shoots fire towards the Treant's sacred tree forcing the king to let him go as he lands on the ground and sighs rather annoyed at the fact the king somehow stopped him. Hmph, doesn't matter you will die today king. You're greed for power is to much for you to be considered a king. The same for the elves. You both invaded the others sacred land. There is no reason for such action and i am the judge and have deemed you to sinful to exist in this perfect world of Aincrad. he says calmly towards the king that glares towards Pinball who has the most hate.

#97283  BD:1 critical fail.  -2 ENG

-Players-

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 40/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

Enemy:

Treant King: 105/150 75 MIT 25 DMG

Edited by Mars

Pinball grit his teeth.The Treant King was definitely more of a fighter than the Elven King, but that may be because it was fighting for its forest. Pinball, once again, felt conflicted. He shook himself out of it. He had chosen this path. It was better this way, surely - it's what he had planned on. It was much more fair that the both of them were dead than just one. But did two wrongs really make a right? Pinball, frustrated, growled. "Damn it!" Rushing past Mars as the King dropped him, he unleashed his attack once more. A gust of cold wind left the Treant King locked in place, tiny shards of ice floating from the tip of his weapon. He turned to Mars, refusing to look at the frozen visage of the proud wooden king. "Thaw him out," he mumbled, running by Mars' side. His attack hadn't done much against the King by himself, but he knew Mars packed a big punch. The fight would be over soon. 

---------------------------------------

ID# 97284 

BD: 8 (Hit!) MD: 7 - 3 = 4 (Miss!) 

Treant King attacks Pinball - Miss

Pinball attacks Treant King - Dimension Stampede 

8*15= 120 - 75 = 45 DMG 

Freeze activates! 

Treant King is FROZEN. 

<<+1 EN/ -17 EN>>

-Players-

[H:0] Mars: 420/420 HP | 40/42 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 1 Svy | 2 Rgn | 10 DMG 

[H:2] Pinball: 440/440 HP | 12/44 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 8 DMG