[F01-SP] <<Earning a Living: Merchant>> Cheating the System

Ell was feeling good today, he walked around the Town of Beginnings instead of having a nap for a change. He then heard his stomach growl. 

“Of course, I get hungry, I guess taking a nap was a better idea, what a drag, well I guess I’m going to have to get myself a good snack just for today.”

He passed by a local who was selling sandwhiches for a set amount of col. His mouth watered.

I can’t even remember what those taste like, well assuming they taste the same as the ones in the real- wait, these ones are made with this world’s ingredients, so maybe it’s better. Ell thought.

Ell sadly ended up buying another stale bread. He did not want to spend more than he needed, he barely had enough Col left and he wanted to use them to but better items.

What a drag, this is such a stupid game. 

Edited by H3LL0

"Hey you wanna learn how to cheat the sy- I mean make good sales? Follow me." 

Ell looked up and saw a child standing in front of him. He was around the age of 12 or 13, but he was quite mature. The child beckoned Ell forward, he was always okay with children that he trusted them always often. Like Yinangi for example. Ell followed the child quietly to a small store beside an inn. He followed him to the back where items were littered everywhere he looked.

"If you really want to learn how to be a Merchant, you have to be crafty and smart for this. You best know what you are doing. I'll show you how to identify an it- No! I'm all out."

Ell finally looked at the NPC’s name

‘Billy’

Billy pouted, grinned, then turned to Ell and said:

"Go get me some more, around 3, so I can show you how to do this." The kid pouted again and crossed his arms.

Edited by H3LL0

Ell made his way outside the store, and walked in circles as he tried to absorb what just happened.

'What the hell was that? A kid -no -an NPC offering me a skill? Well that is what it looks like. What was it again? Merchant?'

Then he continued to venture towards the exit of the town. "Alright, just three items, I'll be back soon enough." Ell said talking to himself.

He continued his way to the forest. Keeping a sharp eye for items and unwanted monsters. He looked far and wide for an item so he could bring it back to Billy. When he looked inside a cave, through a small hole, he finally found one.

Spoiler

ID: 97056

LD=7, CD= 12

Uncommon Consumable

Ell found a potion, though it was named as an 'Unidentified Consumable'. He tapped the item, and sent it to his inventory. He let out a sigh and reached inside the hole for more items, but he found none. He searched deeper in the cave, in every crack, in every hole he sees, for another item to bring back to Billy.

Edited by H3LL0

'Okay, last find was just so bad that it makes me want to destroy this cave.' He thought.

He continued to make his way through the dark cave, proceeding slowly, and carefully. 

'This is useless, and definetly a drag.' He thought. He gave out a long sigh, a loud one at that, then he started to head for the exit of the cave. On his way, he tripped upon a pile of bones, it may have been dark but he recognized that it was from a human skeleton. Ell fell down and went face to face with his reflection on a shield, forgetting about the dead body.

"Jackpot!" He nearly screamed. He added it to his inventory, stood up, and continued his walk. At the mouth of the cave, Ell was relieved that he finally got to get out of it, but then, he found himself face to face with a bear of long fangs, and yellow fur. Ell took out his weapon and was ready for battle.

Spoiler

ID: 97057

LD=12 , CD= 7

Rare Shield

H3LL0

Spoiler

Lvl: 3 (SP: 8)

• HP: 60
  • EN: 6
  • DMG: 2
  • MIT: 0
  • ACC: 0 
  • EVA: 2
  • Bleed: 2
  • Recovery: 2
Equipped Items:
  • Golden Sun Dagger (Perfect) Keen +1, Bleed +2
  • Ell's Robe (Rare) Evasion +1, Savvy +1
  • Necklace of Finsternis (Perfect) Recovery +2, Evasion +1

Battleready Items: 

• 3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
  • Thunder Stormers (Rare) Paralyze +2
  • Silver Moon Dagger (Rare) Damage +2

Feral Pooh

Spoiler

HP: 30 DMG: 15

Edited by H3LL0

'Well I guess you are the reason for that dead guy in that cave huh? Then maybe I will have to waste no time on you because it is becoming a real drag fighting someone named Pooh.' Ell charged at the bear with a sword art."Okay, be the first to taste my new strategy and battle style Pooh!" Ell said hoping the bear's AI would understand. But it showed no sign of it. He leapt to the left and continued charging.

Spoiler

ID: 97066

H3LL0

• HP: 60+0=60
  • EN: 6+0=6/6
  • CD =1 -no recovery proc
  • Attacks with [[x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy)]
  • BD =6 -Hit
  • EN: 6-5=1
  • Deals 2x2=4 DMG
  • Feral Pooh HP: 30-4=26/30

Feral Pooh

• HP: 26/30
  • Stunned

Summary: H3LL0 | HP: 60/60 | EN: 1/6 - Feral Pooh HP: 26/30

H3LL0 -Keen (active)

Ell ran at the bear, his dagger glowing yellow. He went to its side to flank it and stab the monster somewhere at a weak spot of its nerves. How he knew where to strike, he did not know. He went to the other side at an amazing speed and stabbed the Feral Pooh again at the same weak point. After the flurry of attacks, Ell jumped back and made a distance with the bear. The yellow bear stood stunned, unable to make its move. 

Edited by H3LL0

"Oh that is just the first part of my fighting style" Ell exclaimed as he chuckled, he grinned then watched the monster as it recovered from its daze. "Uh oh, guess I do not have that much time left, better finish this quickly" He thought as he unequipped his Golden Sun Dagger, making it disappear, and sending it back to his inventory. Then at its place was a new dagger, Ell's very first weapon, the Silver Moon Dagger. It was a dagger similar to its counterpart with its Silver shine opposite to Gold and the engraved moon carved on its hilt. Ell grinned at his weapon, then as he looked up, he saw the Feral Pooh charging at him a few meters away, but luckily, thanks to his light armor, and special necklace, and not to forget his reaction time, Ell dodged the monster's attack at the last second. "Nice try little teddy bear, but you've gotta try harder than that! I bet you are already tilted!"

Spoiler

ID: 97222

H3LL0

• HP:60+0=60
  • EN:1+1=2/6
  • CD: 7 -recovery proc
  • EN:2+2=4/6
  • Switches Equipment (Golden Sun Dagger > Silver Moon Dagger)

Feral Pooh

• Attacks with [Basic Attack]
  • MD: 4-2=2 -Miss

Summary: 

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

HP: 60/60 | EN: 4/6 

[||||||||||||||||||||] [||||||||||||||||||||]

DMG: 4 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0 | EVA: 2 

Bleed: 2 | Recovery: 2 | Keen: 1 | Savvy: 1

Feral Pooh | HP: 26/30 [||||||||||||||||||||]

Edited by H3LL0

After taunting the bear, Ell went back to his battle stance, feet not flat on the ground, dagger in a back-hand grip, ready to dodge an attack, or counter it if possible. He was hoping to have max energy again before he attacks, but it seemed that the regeneration ability from his necklace took some time. He charged in at the bear for another sword art, he dashed around it, looking for a chance to attack. 'There!' Ell went to the bear's right side, and slashed it 'One!' then he twirled around its back to its right side and delivered another slash, this time holding the dagger with a forehand grip, 'Two!' before returning back to his starting point before the attack. "Ha! packed a punch didn't i-" Before he could finish, Ell was interrupted by a slash under his chin, sending him flying to the air and falling back down on the ground. 

Spoiler

ID: 97223 

H3LL0

• EN: 4+1=5/6
  • CD: 3 -No recovery proc
  • Attacks with [[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy)]
  • EN: 5-2=3/6
  • BD: 10+1=11 -Hit (Crit 2)
  • Deals 4+2=6x2=12 DMG
  • Feral Pooh HP: 26-12=14/30

Feral Pooh

• MD: 10 -Hit (Crit 2)
  • Deals 15+2=17 DMG
  • H3LL0 HP: 60-17=43/60

Summary: 

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

HP: 43/60 | EN: 3/6 

Bleed: 2 | Recovery: 2 | Keen: 1 | Savvy: 1

Feral Pooh | HP: 14/30 [||||||||||||||||||||] | DMG: 15

Edited by H3LL0

“Ow...” Ell said as he stood up from the ground. His necklace glowed as he stood. He patted his bottom trying to get dirt off as he retrieved his dagger which was also on the ground. He pointed it at the snarling yellow bear and said: “You are lucky to have hit me for the first time. But let me promise you something, it is going to be the last.” Then he charged at the bear, he dashed around it for some seconds until he saw an opening on its right side. Ell took the opportunity to leap and slash it on its neck. He then went to its back and continued to go for its left, but waiting for him was the Feral Pooh’s shoulder about to hit Ell’s head. With his quick reaction time, Ell slid down and bent his body, sliding on the ground while at the same time, slashing the bear’s arm.

Spoiler

ID: 97338 BD: 9 CD: 12 MD: 4

H3LL0

• EN: 3+1=4/6
  • CD: 12 -recovery proc
  • EN: 4+2=6/6
  • Attacks with [[x2] Round Accel (2 Energy)]
  • EN: 6-2=4/6
  • BD: 9+1=10 -Hit (Crit 1)
  • Deals 4+1=5x2=10 DMG
  • Feral Pooh HP: 14-10=4

Feral Pooh

• MD: 4-2=2 -Miss

Summary: 

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

HP: 43/60 | EN: 4/6 

Bleed: 2 | Recovery: 2 | Keen: 1 | Savvy: 1

Feral Pooh

[||||||||||||||||||||

HP: 4/30 | DMG: 15 

Edited by H3LL0

“Like I said, it is going to be your last.” Ell said as he watched the Feral Pooh’s health bar go down and turn red. But as it went down, the yellow bear seemed to not have weakened. Instead, its eyes showed more hatred, and its mouth flooded with saliva that dripped down to the ground. ‘Gross’ Ell thought. He went in to attack the bear without any sword arts this time. He thought it was enough to finish the bear, but he was wrong. When Ell was finally in a close distance with the bear, he tried to slash as many times as he can, trying to at least get one hit in, in order to finally finish the battle. The Feral Pooh and Ell were both locked in combat, each dodging the other’s attacks until finally, Ell jumped back. “Tsk, guess I was kidding.” He said, gasping for breath.

Spoiler

ID: 97537

H3LL0

• CD =10 -Recovery Proc
  • EN: 5+1=6
  • BD: 3+1+1=5 -Miss
  • EN: 6-2=4/6

Feral Pooh

• MD =4-2=2 -Miss

Summary:

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

Feral Pooh

[||||||||||||||||||||

HP: 4/30 | DMG: 15 

Edited by H3LL0

‘One more, one more hit.’ Ell gripped his dagger tighter. He took a deep breath then exhaled, before he ran at the bear to attack. They made another long trade of attacks, dodging every attack their opponents tried throw at them. Luckily, Ell finally hit the bear. When the Feral Pooh tried to slash Ell with its right claw, Ell went closer to it, leaning to its left, inches away from the yellow bear's arm. He then stabbed the bear's forearm finally sending its health points to zero. The Feral Pooh then disappeared, turning to alot of polygons, shattering like glass, and went away with the wind. Ell received 30 Col and a "Bear's Fang" from the battle. "Thank you!" He said mockingly at the spot where the Feral Pooh used to stand. Ell unequipped his dagger and continued to search in the cave for more items. 'Alright last one, I wonder what I am supposed to do with them though'.

Spoiler

ID: 97538

H3LL0

• CD =4 -no recovery proc
  • BD =8+1=9 -Hit
  • EN: 5-1=4/6
  • Deals: 4 DMG
  • Feral Pooh HP: 4-4=0 

Feral Pooh

• Dies

Summary:

H3LL0 | Lvl. 3 (8 SP

ID: 97663 (LD =8, CD =7)

Loot - 30 Bonus Col, 1 Crafting Material

Edited by H3LL0
  • 2 weeks later...

Ell was back inside the dark cave, he remembered the human skeleton he tripped on a while ago so he was extra careful this time. ‘Yup nice and easy, I don’t want to be fighting undead in this dark place.’ Ell thought. He went over the same skeleton and tried to observe it for a while. He looked for something like a new dagger or maybe another shield, but he had no luck doing so. Instead he found a black bag near the skeleton, almost camouflaged in the darkness of the cave. Ell looked inside the bag and found a “Rare Consumable” added to his inventory. ‘Well guess that is enough, I should get back before Billy finds a new player to give the skills to.’ He thought as he exited the cave. 'A new skill, a new skill, a new skill...' This thought ran across Ell's mind as he walked back to town.

Spoiler

ID: 98571

LD =13 CD =12

Rare Consumable

Edited by H3LL0
  • 2 weeks later...

Ell finally manages to get back to the Town of Beginnings, he walked back to the place where he was eating stale bread and retraced his path back to Billy’s shop. ‘Wait, shop? Since when the hell did it get called shop? I mean there were no customers nor were there equipments in proper display. Now I am having doubts of this new skill Gaaaahh!’ Ell’s head ached with the thoughts running around his mind. Soon enough, he recognized that he has finally reached the store. He took one deep breath and made his way inside the store. Ell walked through the shop. Nothing much changed, the same old items were still littered everywhere he looked. ‘Hope I don’t end up like this guy.’ He thought. He was still thinking about what kind of skill Billy would teach him when he heard his voice. “Oh? You are back! Thought you hit your head or something, I mean seriously, what took you so long?”

Edited by H3LL0