Jump to content
Benjamin Bookworm

(PP-F3) Maze of the Minos <<Search for the Hoya>>

Recommended Posts

Benjamin found himself once again at the edge of the Forest of Wavering Mists.  It was a foreboding place, but he had already completed several quests within the trees.  Plus, he had leveled up considerably since he first got here.  He could handle a walk in here by himself. 

But, he wasn't going to be alone today.  A mysterious maze was inside this forest, which held a lot of XP for defeating it.  Some loot too, but it didn't matter much.  He had called his friend Dazia to help out with clearing this task- it was a low enough level that the two of them would be fine.  Plus he was pretty sure she would have Yinangi tagging along.  And of course his new familiar, Sebastian.  The (not so) little caterpillar was nestled into his scarf, snoozing away- this forest was his original home after all, so it made sense that he was so comfy here. 

He rechecked his gear once more, getting a little anxious.  It was still early, but he had hoped Dazia got the message on where to meet him right.  It wouldn't do him any good if they were both in the wrong places...

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Level - 18
HP - 360
ENG - 36
DMG - 3 (1 base + 1 skills + 1 equipment)
MIT - 0
ACC - +1 (1 equipment)
EVA - 3

Battle Ready Items-
(5) Lesser Basic Healing salve (Heals 20 HP)
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
(3) Basic Healing salve (Heals 40 HP)
(1) Nature's Vitality Potion (+2 Mitigation)

@Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dazia had been needing to find opportunities to train, but she didn't find many that didn't include excessive risk. Seems that she would need to have some allies if she was going to clear them out, or at least be of a higher level so she could have the required skills and skill levels to tackle them. She had also been worried about what would happen if the day of Princess's challenge would arrive. Would Dazia be able to get through it, or would she end up getting the living daylights beat out of her? Dazia had a place in mind, a settlement in the first floor. Since it was a safe zone, not even duels could kill her, so if the challenge could take place there, Dazia would be sure to live. Yinangi looked at Dazia and noticed she looked concerned. "Is something wrong?" "N-no...just...concerned about the future. There may be a ceasefire, but the challenge is fast approaching. I need to find simpler ways to grow stronger, and prepare for what awaits me." "Really? Well, what level are you again?" "Eleven." "Then maybe you could try training in floor eleven. The weakest mobs there are all lootable, too!" "I would at least need some more decent mitigation than this if I'm going to do something that rash, otherwise I'd be rather stupid going there unprepared..." The conversation was interrupted by a message appearing on her menu. It was from Benjamin, asking her to come to the Forest of Wavering Mists. Dazia stood up. "Change of plans, Yinangi, we're going on a quest." The two players walked a fair distance, but it wasn't too long before they would manage to reach their destination. Dazia spotted the player, and headed over to him. "Hello again, Benjamin."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Level:  11
HP:  220
EN:  22
DMG:  5(One Handed Rapier Rank 2[+2], Rapier of Wrath[+2])

MIT: 14(Shadow's Embrace[+9], Light Armor Rank 1[+5])

ACC: 1(Rapier of Wrath[+1])

Skills:

One-handed Rapier Rank 2

Light Armor Rank 1

 

Edited by Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin looked up as Dazia approached, waving to her and Yinangi.  Hey there, glad you could make it.  He said as they got closer.  I've been looking to get the last few low level quests on my list finished up, and was hoping to get some help with this one.  He popped open his menu, opening up his map of the area.  The forest was mostly greyed out, but there were paths running through it where he had explored before.  Deep inside there was a large structure, where Ben pointed.  There's a maze deep within the forest here, and a quest in there to find some medallion that's in the center.  The catch is there's some sort of minotaur monster in there to avoid or fight, so I could use a couple of extra blades to help out.  Plus, um, it would be good to have someone who I trusted to watch my back.  Or, in this case, I'd be watching your back, since I'm the healer.  Are you up for it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin saw Dazia and Yinangi approaching, and he waved to them. He spoke of getting the last few low level quests taken care of, something Dazia actually had hoped to do, if it weren't for her lack of decent gear to think she was up for the challenge that usually got in her way. The chances were clearly better if players worked together. He explained the situation, using his map to aid in his explanation of the quest to find a medallion within the center of a maze. Dazia had a feeling combat might be involved, and she wasn't surprised when Benjamin mentioned a minotaur. Before Dazia could make her reply, Yinangi had something to say. "Minotaur? Like one of those man-cows from Greek Mythology? Yeah, let's go bullfighting! Olé!" Dazia caught herself suppressing a smile at that. "I'm up for it. I've been needing to step up my game anyway." Taking this quest might be a nice change of pace.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's good to hear.  Running around in a bunch of twisty passages on my own was not something I wanted to tempt.  Ben said as he reached into his pocket for something.  Oh, and I remembered from last time that a certain someone he said directly an Yinangi had a tendency to run off a bit on her own.  I figure this might help out keeping you safe.  Ben held out a teleportation crystal he had picked up from the store for them to take. The forest is easy to get lost in, so try and stay as a group while we go through- there's a bunch of giant spiders who would love to see of of us get separated and wander off alone.  Once he got his answer, he started down the path that he had previously explored.  It was really hard to find your way though if you hadn't been here before, so he made sure that he was sticking by the pre-planned route as much as he could.

Spoiler

Ben offers to give 1 Teleportation Crystal

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dazia considered working in a group with a situation like this was the sensible thing to do, so she nodded in agreement. Benjamin looked at Yinangi as he said that he remembered from last time that someone had a tendency to run off on her own. He then offered her a teleport crystal. "Thanks," She said as she took the crystal. "I've got all my gear this time, so I guess I'll use this in case things get too rough, otherwise I'll return it when this is over." Benjamin spoke of the spiders that preferred to attack lone targets, as well as the fact that getting lost would be easy. "Then wherever we end up, we should stay close by to each other, even if we get lost as a group. So that even if a spider does come by, we'll be able to handle them." Benjamin started on the path, and Dazia would follow close by, holding Yinangi's hand just in case.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin started down the path with Dazia and Yinangi following, keeping a close eye on the surroundings as they went.  It didn't look like they were going to have any trouble yet, but the forest did put him on edge.  The maze is going to be the trickier part when we get there.  Nobody who's been there before seems to agree on the layout, and our maps won't work in the, so we will need to find our way around ourselves.  Ben patted his scarf as he talked.  I do have a plan on how to deal with that... hopefully. 

The way down the path hadn't run into any problems yet, and they rapidly approached the part where they would get into the maze.  The mists, however, were getting thicker and thicker as they continued onward into the forest, making it harder to see where they were going.  OK, I think we should be getting close.  If you see the gates to the maze, just say something- it'll be more dangerous around this part of the floor.  The sudden skittering of some sort of nearby creature, out of sight in the mists, punctuated that statement. 

@Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the two players followed Benjamin into the forest and it's mists, Dazia kept her senses sharp in case anything came near. Benjamin told them that the maze would be the trickier part once they arrived. He said that he had a plan on how to deal with being able to find the way. As the players walked towards the maze, the mists became thicker and thicker, making it harder to see. Dazia didn't want to lose sight of Benjamin and fall behind, and she considered holding his hand to keep the three players from being separated. But that would be awkward. Benjamin said that he thought they were getting close, and to say something if they were to spot the gates. He also said that it would be more dangerous in this area of the floor. Upon a sudden skittering of a nearby creature out of sight, Dazia drew her weapon, looking around warily, while Yinangi also looked around, and clenched her free hand into a fist in case she would need to throw a punch at a monster.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was fairly close to where they needed to be.  Ben checked his map, using it to help him hone in on where the beginning of the maze was, as they inched along.  Soon, they were at the foreboding entrance, with a large stone archway rising up more than ten meters into the air.  The mists inside there allowed them to look at the walls that would surround them, but not much more.  Well... this is pretty much what I expected.  At least we shouldn't have anything in there we can't handle in a straight up fight. Anyways, to keep track of where we are in the maze- Sebastian come on out. he called, reaching into his scarf to wake up his familiar up.  He pulled the foot long caterpillar out, the creature lying in his arms sleepily.  So the plan is to get him to spit out some webbing on each intersection of the maze so that we have a trail of string to follow out, just like in the legend.  If he would wake up enough to actually do his job for once that is.

@Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, nothing had come to attack. The players managed to reach the maze, but the mists left little to see. "Dang, this mist is going to be a real problem..." She wondered, if her weapon's glow could penetrate the darkness, would it make a minor cut in the mist? There could only be one way to find out. She didn't know if her theory would work, but she knew that any situation in combat where there was a problem for vision and sight, wouldn't really be a problem as long as her weapon's accuracy enhancement was around. Benjamin explained his plan to have his familiar, which happened to be a caterpillar, spit out string/silk/webbing(whatever it was that caterpillars spat out) on each intersection to have a trail to follow when they would begin the return, and not get lost on the way back. It was possible, as long as what was spat out remained undisturbed. Dazia and Yinangi had their thoughts to give. "That sounds like a good idea. As long as nothing disturbs the piles of webbing, we should be good." "Wait, so your caterpillar is going to use String Shot to keep track of where we've been?" Dazia looked at Yinangi, wondering why such a question was on her mind. "What?"

@Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin paused at Yinangi's comment.  He looked over at her, then back to his familiar.  He started to say something, but thought differently, then looked back and forth between the two of them for a good, confused minute.  Yes.  Yes I am.  was what he finally decided on, figuring there was no other good answer for that.  Sebastian, I choose you! Use string shot! he continued dramatically as he held the unimpressed little guy toward the wall, getting him to do his job.  The marking seemed to do its job satisfactorily, though now he was going to have to actually find out what it was after this quest.  He never really thought about that before now. 

Well, since I'll be dealing with the markings, would you like to take the lead in the maze?  My hands will be full with Sebastian here, and hopefully I'll just need to toss out my first aid skill a bit if we run into anything in here.

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(OOC: Sorry for the Late reply, I've been a bit busy with a hectic schedule lately...)

At first, Benjamin was confused for about a minute regarding Yinangi's comment that could have easily just been a Pokémon pun. Then he decided on "Yes", and the way he dramatically told his familiar to spit out the marking onto the wall caused Yinangi to chuckle in a way that was almost a full laugh, while Dazia suppressed another smile as she shook her head. She almost chuckled herself, too. Yinangi had at least one last thing to add before they returned to the task at hand. "You know, this now makes me wonder what moves I'll be teaching my familiar once I have one!" No doubt this was going to be one of the few puns/comments that Yinangi made which would have a permanent effect in some way. "You aren't actually going to do that, are you?" "Yes, yes I am! This is gonna be great!" Yinangi pulled out a notepad and started writing down some things. Benjamin asked if Dazia was willing to take the lead in the maze. "Of course." There were still mists around, so Dazia held Yinangi's hand, and in Dazia's other hand, was her weapon. She was going to keep her friends safe.

10 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

@Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin chuckled at Yinangi's comments, calling out for his familiar to use string shot with each turn in the maze they went through.  Ben had never had much of a sense of direction, so just concentrated on checking that they hadn't accidentally doubled back on themselves.  And with making funny faces for Yinangi to giggle at whenever his familiar let loose another spitball.  

I think we are getting near the center by now... at least I think so. he said as he checked out the last T junction they passed.  Um, wait, I think I spoke too soon.  This looks like we passed by this spot before- I see a blob of goo here already.  I think.  This stuff must break down a lot faster in the fog than I thought.  Ben shifted uncomfortably at that fact. So, what's the next way we go?  I guess we will be a little more pressed for time than I originally thought...

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the players made their way through the maze, Benjamin rolled with Yinangi's pun and made silly faces, probably to keep her happy and laughing, which Dazia was able to understand such reasoning for. On one of the T-intersections of the maze, Benjamin noticed the remains of a marker. Now this was going to be a problem. Dazia mentally retraced her steps, trying to remember the turns she had made. It wasn't easy, but she eventually found her mistake within. "Ugh, drat! I can't believe this..." "...I think I somehow brought us around a circle." Yinangi was ready to correct that. "But there are sharp corners and no curves in the maze's walls, so, technically, we went in a square." "Same thing." Dazia was thinking about how she would answer Benjamin's next question, when she began to hear pounding footsteps. "I'm afraid we'll have to hold that thought, I doubt that we're alone..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin took a few steps back, making sure to put Dazia between him and the danger that was going to be coming up, pulling Yinangi with him so they would both be safer.  As the noises grew louder, he opened up his pouch to make sure all his healing potions were ready for the battle ahead.  OK, Yinangi, you and I will be back here with the extra healing, and Dazia will take the baddie head on.  I've got enough first aid skills now to put at least a healing potion into someone each round.  So, um, just watch out that it doesn't overrun us.  Or have some sort of charge ability that can separate us. he said with fresh worry.  They had not talked about what kinds of abilities these creatures would have, and in the confines of these short passages they couldn't dodge out of the way without getting lost or separated.  He just had to have faith that Dazia would stop it where she stood. 

Spoiler

Battle stats -

Level - 18
HP - 360          EN - 36
DMG - 3   ACC - +1   EVA - +3

Equipment -
[T1 Rare Dagger] Emerald Shiv - ACC 1, DMG 1
[T1 Perfect Charm] Finder's Feather - Loot Die (3)
[T1 Perfect Charm] Green Leaf - Evasion (3)

Readied Items -
(3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
(2) Teleport Crystal
(1) Magic Armor Potions (Safeguard)
(8) Lesser Basic Healing salve (Heals 20 HP) [T1]
(3) Basic Healing salve (Heals 40 HP) [T1]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin stepped back, and pulled Yinangi towards him. Dazia held her rapier in her left hand, keeping her sight towards the direction of the sound. Yinangi sighed inwardly. She didn't mind being protected, but in her opinion, she wasn't helpless, either. Dazia watched where the sound came from, and soon a large figure began to emerge from the foggy mists. It was a Minotaur. Dazia would just try landing a blow or two on the monster before deciding whether or not it can be fought and killed. The Minotaur glared at Dazia, as if expecting an attack, having seen her wary, combative position. Dazia attempted to attack the Minotaur, but it merely stepped aside as if the attack, or the way it was executed, was to be expected. Dazia managed to jump out of the way and avoid the Minotaur's weapon as it attempted it's own attack.

@Benjamin Bookworm

Battle Stats:

Spoiler

Level:  11
HP:  220
EN:  22
DMG:  5(One Handed Rapier Rank 2[+2], Rapier of Wrath[+2])

MIT: 14(Shadow's Embrace[+9], Light Armor Rank 1[+5])

ACC: 1(Rapier of Wrath[+1])

Skills:

One-handed Rapier Rank 2

Light Armor Rank 1

ID# 101320 BD: 3+1=4(Miss)

ID# 101321 MD: 4(Miss)

 

Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 20/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

                  Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin held on to Yinangi as Dazia fought back and forth with the Minotaur in front of her.  He held his ground as they traded blows, looking for a point to try and help out.  He tried to poke in, activating one of his sword arts against the enemy, but the hallway was to tight for him to get a blow in edgewise no matter how hard he tried. 

OK Yinangi... we're good here.  Dazia has him, and I have the healing spells to support her. he said as he took a step back.  His familiar had decided all this action was too much for him to handle, and was doing his best to try and crawl up his arm and hide back within his scarf.  Since Sebastian was not hanging onto his shoulder at the time, it was a bit of a crawl up- especially with all the swinging of weapons. 

---------------------

Combat:

Attack roll -
Roll ID 101360
Battle die 4 + 1 =5, Miss
-2 EN

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 20/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

                  Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benjamin attempted to attack the Minotaur as well, but he couldn't get a hit either. Benjamin took a step back as he assured Yinangi that they were good here. Yinangi chuckled over something. "Ah ha ha ha, I'm sorry, but I doubt players are capable of magic in this game. I still think she'll be fine, though." Dazia took in the details of how the fight seemed to be going so far. It seemed that the Minotaur had some experience fighting, and thus knew some strikes that it knew enough to easily evade. Thus, Dazia would have to try out a few tactics, and see which would work best against the creature without winding up in a predictable pattern. Dazia had one tactic in mind, but she didn't do it since the path was too narrow to do so. She was left to try something else instead. She jumped towards the Minotaur as it swung it's weapon to the side, but she realized what her mistake was too late, as the blade came down upon her, preventing her attack, and slamming her into the floor. "D-...darn you..."

@Benjamin Bookworm

ID# 101558 BD: 1(Critical miss), MD: 7(hit)

(OOC: I thought I had made the edit earlier. I don't know why it didn't save...)

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 204/220, EN 18/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

                  Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben gasped in horror as Dazia was slammed into the ground, a chunk of her health gone with one hit.  OK... That's not good.  Are you hurt there Dazia? he called out, worriedly trying to keep himself in front of Yinangi.  She still looked fine, but with a monster that big it wasn't the time to take chances.  He pushed himself forward to get within arm's reach, and activated his first aid skill.  His hand started glowing with a soft light, pulling in a bit of his energy for the skill, and lit up Dazia's back as he helped her up.  There you go- all healed up.  We have your back, so just keep going.  I know you're better than some monster, so kick his butt!  He saw her health rise all the way back up to full, and let out a smile.  He hadn't gotten much of a chance to use his healing skills yet, and it felt good to help out.

-----------------

+1 EN at start of turn

Ben used first aid on Dazia - +16 hp recovered!

-1 energy for using first aid

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 220/220, EN 19/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

                  Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

@Dazia

Edited by Benjamin Bookworm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That last attack could have gone far better, had Dazia anticipated what kind of attack the Minotaur was going to use. Benjamin asked if Dazia was hurt. She looked to her HP. The damage wasn't as bad as she thought. "I'm fine...I can still take this creep." Benjamin came over to help her up and heal her. Honestly, she wasn't expecting to be healed so fast. The last time someone healed her was when Dazia's HP was getting close to low. This...got Dazia to dwell on it. She wasn't going to get the full understanding on her own, but this meant something. It most definitely did. "This Minotaur doesn't stand a single chance. I just have to be able to strike it." She held her weapon firmly in her left hand, and she thought of a way to try and attack the monster without the same thing as last time happening. She rushed for the monster to execute her plan, but the Minotaur slammed her to the wall with the flat of it's blade. Clearly, she'd timed it wrong. "This is straight up humiliating...so don't think for a second that I'll go easy on you!" Yinangi continued to watch the fight. It was clear that Dazia was upset, and things wouldn't be going well for the Minotaur any longer...that is, if it could stop predicting her moves.

@Benjamin Bookworm

35 Light Points have been added to Dazia's Journal

Dazia's Alignment has been affected!

ID# 101721 BD: 1(Critical Miss), MD: 7(Hit)

(OOC: Again, BD? Really?? I don't need another one of these!!)

Benjamin: HP 360/360, EN 34/36 | 3 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 ACC

Dazia: HP 204/220, EN 16/22 | 5 DMG | 14 MIT | 1 ACC

                  Enemies:

Hoya Minotaur: HP 45/45, 30 DMG

Edited by Dazia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×