[SP-F17] The potion of eternity <<Challenge of the olympus: Alchemist>> -COMPLETE-

Quest:

Spoiler

Floor 17
<<Challenge Of Olympus: Alchemist>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: 1 (Solo Only)
Must be Rank 2+ Alchemist | Non-Repeatable

9g8pgqiv07czXgqp1ScWebQRv7fM3XsF8ipgPdeo

Rewards:

• 1 Additional SP
  • (+1) CD Tool, Demeter's Cauldron

Objectives:

• Roleplay The Challenge:
    • Meet with the satyr on Floor 17.
    • Meet with Demeter outside of Mt. Olympia and accept her challenge.
    • Describe the details of the challenge, face-off with Demeter and roleplay out how you best the Goddess of Agriculture.

Summary:
Disclaimer:  The God(s) in this quest are NPCs for RP flavor only and cannot engage in combat nor affect the world in any way other than what’s described.

Alchemists who have reached rank 2 in their profession receive a notification stating that a rare quest is available to them on floor seventeen. Upon arriving to the floor, a satyr's sudden appearance will easily startle nearby NPCs, and he promptly inform you that you have been invited to the gates of Mt. Olympia. It seems that Demeter herself would like to challenge you to a Battle of Crafts.

Players must RP meeting with Demeter, and they are free to describe the details of the challenge that is issued however they like as long as it pertains to alchemy. They must RP the challenge out appropriately, encouraged to make the crafting battle very difficult, though not impossible. 

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • All crafting done in this quest is RP only--no rolls required, and items cannot be given stats or submitted for evaluation.

Zandra felt something bright shining at her. Not only bright, it was warm too. She slowly opened her crimson eyes and watched out thru the window in her bedroom. There she watched the sun as it rose over the lake. She slowly sat up in the bed and stretched her arms high in the air as she let out a long yawn. She scratched her neck as she looked around in the big bedroom she shared with her pink haired lover, Avilon. Avilon that peaceful sleeped beside her. As Zandra watched her beautiful face she smiled. She moved her hand thru the other girls hair, careful to not wake her up.’’I must be the luckiest girl in this death game. To have met you my love.’’ She said softly before leaving the double bed and with sleepy eyes she walked to the bathroom. Nothing is better then a morning shower.

Edited by Zandra

Zandra entered the relatively big bathrrom that was fully equipped with bathtub big enough for two, a toilet, handwash and plenty of space to move around in. This was nothing like the tiny room she had been having as bathroom in the real world where you could barely be one person at a time. She entered the shower and turned on the water. Felt so refreshing, feeling the hot liquid rain down on her and rolling over her body. The water ran down to the floor together with her sleepiness. ‘’So, what shall I do today?’’ she asked herself. When she felt awakened she turned around and leaned on the wall where the shower head was. She slided down into sitting position, feeling the water rain down on her dark hair.She didn’t knew how long she had been sitting there in quiet when she herd a well know ping infront of her.

• 1 month later...

At first, she didn’t cared about the ping. It was still pretty early in the morning and if it was a player message, she could just pretend she was still sleeping in her bed, and if it was an event she could have the same excuse. She sat there and lost count of time. Was it five minutes? Was it half an hour? She didn’t cared. She didn’t really didn’t cared about much today except keeping Avilon safe and have a fun time with her. Thou she had to go away and be by herself from time to time, think about her situation in this death game at the moment. When it was to combat, she was the best support player in this whole world. She also was very high leveled and her chances to survive was huge thanks to her stats. So if she would skip a fight, her reputation would go down into the abyss.

As she sat there and thougth about it, she grit her teeths and tears started rolling down her cheeks. The tears mixed with the shower water as it ran down on her body. Everyone would probably think she was a selfish little coward that totally didn’t cared about anything then herself. Then it would be impossible to get back to Macradon, Hikoru, Calrex and everyone else she actually held dear. Same came with if she wanted to be a damage dealer. She knew she could contribute huge when it came to area of effect damage. She sighed. ‘’What do you want me to do? Will you ever forgive me for the choie Ive done? Will I have to lie and say I regret it and want to make it undone?’’ She asked the roof. Ofcourse there was no answer. So instead, the alchemist pushed her up, grabbed a towel and went out of the bathroom.

She didn’t really needed a towel to dry herself, a few pushes on the floating screen and her body was dry and her casual wear was on. It felt good to be up here on twenty two, where it was a relatively warm climate and you could wear summer clothes without freezing your toes off. She sat down on the bed and leaned to the wall, pulled up her legs, held them in her arms and leaned the chin on her knees. Her eyes stared at the opposite wall when she remebrered the ping from the shower. ‘’Oh right.’’ She said to herself and went to check what it was about. She got kind of surprised as she had red thru the mail? Or maybe it was more a notification. Well, it dosent matter, thou what the mail said Zandra haven’t thougth would ever happen in this world of death.

The mail was short and right on point. Zandra had been invited to do a quest on the sententh floor. Well, she didn’t had anything better planned for today. She looked at Avilon that was sleeping peacefull. ‘’I gotta go for awhile. I will come back so don’t worry okay?’’ she said in a love and soft tone to make sure not to wake her girlfriend. After that, she pushed herself out of the bed and walked theu long corridors until she reached the frontdoor. When she exited she was met by a beautiful weather. Perfect temperature, a clear blue sky and the sun shined not too bright. Quite a shame to leave this floor thou. Zandra thougth about going to the beach and swim a bit. But no, she had already taken a bath today so she better did something creative that would progrees her journey thru Sword art online.

Zandra went towards the main city of her home floor. She stopped a few moments before entering it to think. Should I do this? I still can just go back and enjoy the day on the beach. Then she shoke her head. No Zandra! Time to pull yourself together and do something useful. How can you protect Avilon if not progressing in this death game when everything around you does? Soon maybe the mobs will be able to one-shot you if you don’t work hard. I cant afford to think of the beach right now. She looked up ahead with determination in her eyes. ‘’Now, lets go!’’ She said and went into the village. She head straight to the center where the warp gate was placed. Even thou she had decided what to do, she stopped outside the teleportation  gate for a few moments before her legs moved her inside.

As Zandra exited the portal and into the main settlement of floor 17. She took a few seconds to take it all in. She didn’t recognize this floor. And she that thougth she had been to all floors and explored them to know them like her own pocket. But that shwed out to not be the case. This floor she didn’t even recognized the articte theme. Everything had a greek theme to it. With those mythologically greek temples and statues and such. Well, what should she do now? The only thing the letter said was that she should get to floor seventeen. Now she had done that. Now what? She looked around to see if there maybe was any clues or something nearby. Her focus wasa turned slight to her right when she herd a bunch of surprised and startled short shouts. There was a bunch of NPC’s that have let out the shouts.

In the middle fo the group stood something else that was themed about old greek mythology. A satyr. But this satyr didn’t really looked like those you normally see in movies and on paintings. This satyr had whited fur that Zandra have never seen before. It also had, slver horns that was a more twisted to the sides then forward. Zandra gulped before starting to walk towards it. It would be a pretty weird consequence if this wasn’t what she was supposed to follow since it have appeared just seconds after Zandra’s arrival to floor seventeen.

‘’Hello young miss, are you the alchemist Zandra?’’ The satyr asked her. His voice was smooth as honey and that Zandra wasn’t prepared to as well so she got confused a few seconds before she shoke her head and came back to her sences. ‘’Yes, I go under that name. Thou you can just call me Zandra.’’

Zandra just realized what she had said. And she had said to an NPC. She facepalmed and sighed. ‘’Är du efetbliven? Det där är ganska onödigt att saga tille en NPC.’’ She said to herself in her main language. Then she looked back at the satyr as he started to talk again. It seemed he either didn’t understood what she said or just didn’t cared about it. ‘’Zandra the alchemist, you have been invited to the gates of Mt. Olympia. There you will participate in a battle of crafts with Demeter.’’ Zandra looked at the satyr with confused look in her face. ‘’Demeter? Never herd that name. Is it another alchemist I haven’t met yet?’’ Zandra asked when trying to remember all the alchemists she knew. ‘’Demeter, Demeter, Demeter…’’ she mumbled to herself to try to rember the alchemist. After a few seconds the satyr interrupted her mumbling. ‘’Zandra the alchemist, Demter is not a player. She is a goodess.’’

What the satyr said totally stunned Zandra for several seconds. ‘’What! A.. A goddess?’’ was all she could say. Thou thousands of questions flew thru her head. What did a goddess do in an mmo? Why does she want to meet her? What does she have to do with alchemy? But before she could say anything the satyr continued. ‘’Yes, a goddess. She is the goddess of the grain, agriculture, harvest, growth, and nourishment. She is also the goddess and challenge all rank two alchemists to a battle of crafts. So may you now follow me?’’ Without knowing what to do or say, Zandra followed the satyr. She tried to ask a question from time to time during their walk, but was met with total silence. She scratched her neck to the very uncomfortable silence. Thou the NPC probably didn’t felt it. After all, its just an NPC. And NPC’s don’t have emotions anyway unless they a programmed with special reactions and such.

After ten minutes walk ro something like that, the satyr suddenly stopped. ‘’What? Something is wrong?’’ Zandra asked to the guide. The satyr turned around and stepped to the side. Zandra haven’t really cared about the environment, she had been locked up in her thougths and only followed the back of the satyr. Now she took a second look infront and spotted a gate. The doors was probably four meters high in a round shape on the top. They was made of some dark wood with lines made of gold added on it, giving it a very nice touch. It was surrounded by a wall and pillars of white rock. She didn’t knew what kind, probably no kind at all since they was inside a game and everything was just pixels after all. Zandra looked at the satyr. ‘’You not gonna show me da wae?’’ Zandra asked the satyr and waited for him to answer.

Edited by Zandra

The satyr didn’t seem to realise her meme, but that wasn’t surprisingly so Zandra just shrugged as the satyr started to talk. ‘’No Zandra the alchemist. From now on, you have to continue on your own. Im just a mere messenger and guide. Im not allowed to set my hoof on the other side of that gate.’’ Zandra raised an eyebrow and shrugged. Then she walked up to the gate, taking the three steped marble stair in to stepto get inside as fast as possible. It was something the satyr said that had made her a little nervous about him. ‘’Hopefully he wont show me the way back.’’ She said to herself. When she went thru the gate she was met by a huge open room with doors on the side and another marble stair a couple of dozens meters infront of her. Since it was a goddess she was gonna meet, she should probably take the biggest door.

She walked up the stair and opened the gate. And she was right. There, fifty meters ifnront of her sat the goddess on a throne and ate grapes. Zandra let out a giggle before she walked up to the goddess. When she was just a few meters from her, she kneeled. Didn’t knew why, it just felt like the right thing to do. ‘’Demeter, you have called me.’’ She said while looking at the floor. She herd the Demeter rise from her throne and a pair of bare feets walking up to her. She took her hand under her chin and gently pushed it upwards, making Zandra look at her and raise into standing position. ‘’No need to kneel Zandra. In this temple, we are equals.’’ That was probably the weirdest thing she had herd today. Was she equal to a god? What was this nonsence? That she could meet a goddess was one thing, but beeign called equal by it?’’

But before Zandra could ask anything, the goddess turned around and walked to a small door to the side of the throne. Zandra haven’t even seen it when she entered the room. Thou it maybe wasn’t there by then and kinda like, spawned as she walked up to Demeter. Without hesitting, Zandra followed her thru the door. Behind the door was another marble stair, leading downward. The two womens walked in total silence for a minute or so before they exited another door. Thou on this side there wasn’t like on the surface with all those greek statues and such. Also, Zandras eyes sparkled as she entered the room and couldn’t stop herself from immediately walking up to the nearest shelf. It was full of boxes with different names on it. Unicorn tail hairs, dragon hear, goblin blood. Even pieces of sphinx teeths. The walls of the room was filled with shelfs with boxes and vials on it. I the middle was a fire burning under a thick metal net.

On the metal net stood several tripods with pots of boiling ater on them. Surronding the fire, stood six tables with different alchemist tools. But not only alchemist tools, they was also of a quality Zandra haven’t seen before. Like with the ingredients, she could stop herself from looking closer on the tools to realise what they was used for. She was basically like a kid in a toy store. After a few minutes she rembered she wasn’t alone in the room. Her face turned tomatoe red as she slowly turned towards Demter. ‘’Ehm, excuse me… excuse me so very much.’’ She said and quickly placed back what she held back on the table and took a few steps back. The tool wobbled a little and Zandra begged to god that it wouldn’t tip over, and she was lucky, it didn’t. She let out a sigh of relief and turned her focus to Demeter.

Demeter looked at Zandra with a warm smile. ‘’There is nothing to excuse for, it was a long time ago I was someone with your passion about the beautiful art of alchemy in this hall. Sadly, its not a very popular or appreciated kind of art. Noone see the beuty in combining different ingredients and create potions with unexpected results. And they don’t realise that behind every success, lies many fails and tries. As alchemists, we dotn just throw together potions like a cook just throws some ingrediets in a pot and let it boil. No, the temperature, the order you put down the different ingredients, alchemy is the true piece of art so few out there understand. And you, Zandra, is the only one that have reached the grandmaster rank. You are truly one of the best in this world. And for that, I will reward you, but only if you can beat me in the art of alchemy.’’

Zandra listened with awe as the goddess speaked about the art of alchemy, she have never thought there would be someone to realise this. Everyone was thinking that blacksmith and the ones that make items was good, just because their items was visible to the eye. And cooks beuty laid in the taste. But alchemy, everyone treated as just something you buffed your stats with. But what the goddess finished off with, made Zandra gulp and be a bit nervous. She would need to beat a goddess in the art of alchemy. She was on way to say something like beat you in the art of alchemy? No way I can do that since you are a goddess. But she didn’t. She just closed her eyes, took a deep breath to prepare herself. ‘’Okay Demeter, Im in. I am having confidence I can do this. So, what is the challenge.’’

The goddess smiled at me as I gave her my answer. ‘’The challenge is pretty simple. You should make apotion of eternity. Or rather, a potion that can bring back someone to life.’’ I listened carefully to Demter to not miss any details. But what she finished of with made me cough. ‘’Wait what! Bring someone back to life? That, that is impossible!’’ Demeter totally ignored my comment and a sheet appeared on the desk infront of Zandra. She looked down on it and her eyes widened. This was the longest recipie she had ever seen. Because there wasn’t one page, it was three! Both front and back. Then Demeter continued. ‘’If you can make this potion in 48 hours, you will ne rewarded.’’ Zandra looked up at Demeter. ‘’48 hours! But some of these stuff needs to boil…’’ she glanced at the paper ‘’…for 5 hours each!’’ The goddess just smiled at her. ‘’You better start then.’’ She said and an hourglass appeared. ‘’When the last piece of glass have fallen down, the time is out.

Zandra looked at the hour glass for two seconds before turning her focus to the papers. When it came to a recipie of this length, she had to plan in advance so the time gated stuff was boiled at the same time to save hours. She red thru it three times before she started. She immediately started picking half of the ingredients required and placed them on the table. She started with throwing down some ogre teeths in the mortar and started turn them into dust. After that she poured the dust into one of the pots immedatly followed by some dired lizard skin and two scales from a basilisk. She then picked a three hour timeglass and palced it beside the pot while walking over to the next section. There she needed a half and finely choppedcentaurheart together with some owlbear blood. After that she turned to the back of page two where you needed to pour some basilisk venom on a phoenix feather and let it dry for ten hours before throwing it down in a pot where some goblin fingers and a hair of a unicorn tail have boild for nine hours. Like this, she went forth and back between the tables and shelf. On the side she made her own special potion that would keep her alert for an additional six hours. Thou it would only be enough for her to stay alert under 48 hours at maximum and after that she would be dizzy and start lsoe consentration. Hopefully she would make it. During the 47th hour she poured the ingredients from nine different pots into one that was a little bigger where she have constantly filled with different potions and ingredients. And the nine pots was the result of each being made with several other pots ingredients. When only five minutes remained of the time, she poured the potions into a vial, placed the corked vial in cold water to cool it off. Then she walked up to Demeter and handed it over. ‘’Here it is.’’ She said and panted. ‘’Good Zandra. Now its time to test it.’’ Zandra gulped and followed Demeter into a room side by side with alchemy workshop. There, on a bed laied a man with white face. He was dead. Thou it must be an NPC since he was still there. Demeter uncorked the vial and gently poured a drip into his mouth. Zandra knew that it would take an hour for this potion to take effect since she have used a special kind of thorns that make someone sleep for a hundred years. So the two females stood there, watching the man for an hour. And then, the man coughed a slowly sat up. Zandra let out a sigh of relief before she collapsed.

As she woke up, she was in her bed beside Avilon. Huh? Was it all a dream? She looked in her mailbox and there was the notification. She decided to check her workshop. When she went into it, it was like normal. Except one thing. Her tools have been replaced with the ones she have used to create the potion of eternity. Her heart was filled with joy as she ran back and forth to touch on the tools to confirm they was real.

Rewards:

+2 (1 page+1 quest) SP
+1 CD item, Dmeters couldron
+400 col

Edited by Zandra