<<PP-F2>> To Pick a Pocket to Pickpocket

-Elucia Persona- 

Floor two was not a place that she would find herself in often. It had been rumored that a certain enemy of her's ad been sighted here after managing to escape her. He was a danger to her as while he personally wasn't that high of skill, he was sharped tongued and deceptive, able to easily find himself surrounded  by the weak minded. After his plan with Laughing Coffin had failed miserably, he escaped from the murder guild to avoid judgement. He also seemed to take about half of the group he led with him. Meaning, he already had about four players working for him. She hoped Laughing Coffin would help her end up taking care of Gray, but for now she would hide in plain sight and wait til she found him. 

She would enter a tavern dubbed <<The Pawn's Pub>> and would push open the door. Quickly scanning the area and not finding who she came for, she would place on a fake adorable smile that would basically give her a large control over the male players in the room. For the time being, she had her engagement ring unequipped. For some reason it helped in getting with more information while trying to not go with a fear method. 

@Pick

Pick lifted up his steel cup, "another cup of that fine beer please. And a bunch for all these people here as well!" Pick blurted out, happy that he had been joined by such a nice company. When he had walked into the shop, he was immediately invited to come sit at a huge table with a bunch of other players, mostly male from what he could tell. Two of them were extremely built in terms of muscular strength, while the rest were the stereotypical gamers - skinny, weak. Pick probably fit more with the skinny guys, but he could fit in with all of them, since they were all players within a death game. Alcohol in this game was a strange phenomenon. No one actually can get drunk, so anyone can participate in the drinking. It was more of a social thing and a polite showing of Pick to offer beer to all these people. Personally, Pick preferred wine, but it would not be fitting for him to purchase wine at a pub such as this. The players around were all laughing and in a generally cheerful mood, and Pick himself felt a small hint of shelter and belonginess along with these players.

Looking around, Pick thought he would invite more players to join them at their table. It was then that a white-haired girl came into the pub, looked around for a few seconds, and then gave a really nice smile to... nobody. Pick had a spare seat right next to him, so he called out, "Hey, why don't you join us at this table? The more the merrier, right?" Pick invited.

@Hidden

Edited by Pick

(sorry for the wait, been a bit busy) 

As she stood, looking through the room with a smile on her face, she would immidiately gain attention from the fullest table in the room. She would scan it closer to find that it was mostly full with six men and one woman currently at the table.The girl screamed internally, but found that if she wanted to keep the persona up and be able to stick around and see if the target came in the bar, she would have to accept. She would flash a smile at  the boy who invited her and nod with acceptance. She would sit down at the seat, smiling everyone that was seated at the table. Most of them had a smile on their face, enjoying the social occasion. She wondered how many of them actually really knew each other. Most of them had a mug of beer in front of them. She never really had liked alcohol. She especially didn't like the crummy feeling afterward when she had it in the real world. The girl liked Champagne, but that wouldn't be appropriate in a bar setting. Not sure how exactly to introduce herself, she would turn back to the boy who invited her over. 

"Heeey" She would say to him. She had heard many other girls from her school start talking to guys with the same length of 'hey' to start conversations and it usually worked. "My name is Elucia, who might you be?" She would nervously trace her finger in a circle on the table as a shy girl would. Shy wasn't a term she would call herself, but something told her it would be easier to make conversation and waste a bit of time if she played as the usually shy and quiet girl. She thought for a second to herself about Sey. 'I'm only doing this to get some information on Gray. Just talking to people he would understand. I would never do anything else with a person. I kinda miss having Kasier and Sunova around to do this part of the operation' 

@Pick

Pick watched as the girl seemed to debate whether to accept his invitation or not. It was the reaction that he expected - something that most girls did when they were invited by a handsome looking man that seemed too good to be true. Pick grinned, unaware of his overconfident personality as he reached the illogical conclusion. Pick would return the smile that the white-haired girl gave with a smile of his own, following her with his relaxed eyes as she finally decided to take the seat next to him. "Elucia? Beautiful name, if I might be honest to point out. My name is Pick, you might have heard of me before, I've been making quite the friends on the first floor." Pick introduced, grinning as the "hey" that the white-haired girl gave him sent shivers down his spine. It had been a while since he had been greeted like that - since all the girls in this game were practically either sociopaths or completely out of their mind. It seemed that he had finally found a normal girl for once. 

"Ah, but how rude of me. Allow me to get you a drink. What would you like to drink? A pretty girl like you sure must have expertise in some form of alcohol... perhaps wine?" Pick offered. Everyone else was basically chugging bear, and he too as well, since he liked to fit in. People tend to like you better if you have similar characteristics to them, and Pick had learned that since this game was limited in the different activities you can do, it's quite easy to find similarities with other people, be it alcohol, money, power etc. Because of this, Pick has found it quite easy to get regular people to like him a lot. Plus, he just has his charming ways to resort to if other things don't work.

@Hidden

As she sat down, she would find that he would be watching her, his eyes smooth and relaxed. It reminded her of the guys at school that were able to pick up girls with ease. This made the more confident and smooth in their own capabilities. He would compliment her name and introduce himself as Pick before proceeding to say that she might have heard the name before. Shaking her head, she would calmly reply, "I don't spend much time on the first few floors. Floor Two is the only I even occasionally visit. I've never really visited the third floor, the fourth floor is too cold and the fifth is just the opposite" She figured that he would fill in why she didn't like the first floor. She actually didn't mind it, but it would made sense with the character she was laying out for him. She was surprised he hadn't taken notice or to account her cursor. Perhaps he already had, but either just didn't care or was used to hanging out with Orange-cursored players? She took a look at the other players at the tables, many of them chugging beer and laughing loudly. None of them looked threatening, and most of them probably hung out most of the time with no real desire to become stronger. 

He would then begin to offer her a drink. Normally, she would respond by getting up and leaving but this was Elucia, not Hidden. She figured it wouldn't cloud her thoughts if she would have it here. He would mention wine and shake her head. "I really prefer champagne if anything. I'm not really a heavy drinker and haven't ever been" That wasn't entirely a lie. She had never been into drinking and large social events. 'Something is just too smooth about this guy. Unlike most random guys, he seems to have a motive without showing it. Just who is he? He said he had a lot of friends on the first floor. Could he be trying to earn popularity and gain a bunch of friends for personal reasons? If so, he's doing it right' she would think to herself. 

"You know these people, or is it just a social gathering" she would say, bluntly talking about the people while sitting right in front of them. 

@Pick

Pick didn't mind the orange cursor. Not at all. He would probably get himself one of those eventually too - it was inevitable... he would do anything for money, after all. So for him, it was perfectly normal for a girl to have an orange cursor - and judging from her personality, she wasn't that much a threat. Besides, there was no reason for her to attack him in front of all these "friends" that he had made. "You don't spend that much time on the first few floors?" Pick repeated, glancing over at the muscle man to the left, making a quick second of eye contact with him before looking back at the girl. "So you are quite a strong player, then, huh? Maybe you're even on the front lines, then? Man, me and the rest of these boys would only dream to reach that place." Pick exclaimed, trying to draw some more information from the girl. Information was key - who knows when you can use them to make money? He doubted that the girl was on the front lines though, since she didn't seem menacing and was just a nice girl all around. 

"Champagne? Unusual. But certainly something that the place is bound to have. Waitress, come here please." Pick signaled to the NPC waitress who had been serving them bottles after bottles. Pick tapped on the table three times, looking around the table before the waitress arrived next to him. "Now, I'm no professional, so I don't know what type of good ones are out there, but order to your heart's content. I can certainly pay for them. And yeah, these guys... they are acquaintances. We drink here a lot," That last part was a lie, of course. He didn't share that these people were out for money, just like he was... Goons, you might call them, but Pick was not their master. Not yet at least, until he can put his plans into action.

@Hidden

The man seemed to catch interest in her saying that she didn't fall in to the first few floors category. While of course, anybody could stay anywhere, most people didn't just "hang around" near the frontliners. They felt guilted that they weren't helping them. 'How do I get out of this one? He's a sharp bugger.... Could he possibly be just like Domarus? Seemingly kind, but yet jsut influencing you into his reign of power? I can see that this man is slowly making the first floors his,' She would think to herself. She would watch as a random buddy of his and him made eye contact. A silent conversation. If you knew a person well enough or knew what to look for, you could almost speak with her eyes. She did it with Se occasionally, usually only when she was mad. She loved him, but oh did he test her. She would begin to give a giggle after he finished speaking. "Strong? Frontlines? You would never see my face poking around the frontlines. Mid to Low-Tier I would consider myself. I don't want to sit here and rot on the first few floors and be so weak that I can't take care of myself" 

As the waitress came over, she would finish herself saying, "I don't wanna be the girl who needs to be rescued. I will save my self" She would then be allowed to order, only three types of Champagnes available to her. She ordered 'Blanc de Blancs' as it was the only one familiar to her. The man would then tell her that the guys around him were aquantices. She wouldcock her head slightly and reply, "Oh" while on the inside she was smiling. This man was quite smooth. His tongue as sharp as the tip of her own dagger. She might be prone to conspiracies, or this man just might be slowly weaving his own web of connections. He wanted something, she just had no idea what it was. 

There was a reason they weren't friends. They were cannon fodder...

@Pick

Not strong, huh? Pick thought - a lonely girl strolling around in the dark for no apparent reason, and not even in the safe zone either. Something was wrong here - how can a girl who is not that strong be wandering around at this time of the night? It didn't matter though, for Pick could care less. These goons were practically nothing to him, just a few chess pieces that could be sacrificed at any moment's notice. "Ah, you are all too humble. I can tell that you are not weak. You have an aura around you. To be wandering outside the safe zone in the dark at such a time is not something for the weak. Of course, I doubted from the beginning that you were in the front lines. Well, I guess I'm about the same as you. But unlike you, I am attempting to make it to the front lines. These boys are helping me out with that - perhaps we can even go on a quest one of these days?" Pick asked, smiling as he looked at the Elucia casually before looking back at the bottle that stood in front of him. Imagine if there was something in the game that you could pour into drinks and paralyze people with it - that would've definitely been part of Pick's garrison of methods, however, unlike real life, this game doesn't have such a thing... so he would simply have to use his deception to get what he wanted.

These men, they were exactly what Elucia thought they were. They were simply men out for money, and chess pieces to Pick. They were not important, unrelated to Pick's grand scheme. They only thought Pick was just like them, ready to rob people at any moment's notice, except a more intelligent version, but a weaker version. However, Pick was far more than that, he had a plan that none of these men could even foresee in the future. The good thing was, he could reach that plan without even using his weapon once, at least, not for the important parts. Tapping on the table four times, he signaled for waitress to get a few more beers for the other men as they were fast drinkers. "Oh, by the way, what are you doing on this floor by yourself? It's quite dangerous at night, you know." 

@Hidden

The man would shrug off her lie, telling her that she had an aura of someone stronger with her. It was true. Stronger players often didn't live with the same sense of fear that the lower players did, especially on the lower floors. Her being cocky and confident, carried this trait more than others. That flaw had even carried over to her Elucia persona. Luckily, he was against her being on the frontlines. The boy would pour her drink, the beverage slowly pouring down into the glass. She would gingerly bring it forward closer to her by her fingertips. "You and I have different definitions of weak it would suppose. Weak to me are those lesser than the best. The weak are the ones living in the shadows of their betters" What she said, she full-heartedly believed. He would offer a quest and she would shrug to him, taking a drink. The alcohol poured into her mouth, the beverage tasting sweet. "I wouldn't mind a quest" she would state simply. 

She would lean into the back of her chair, clutching her drink with both of her hands. 'This man knows I am stronger ,but inviting me to a quest like this is rather strange. This guy doesn't possibly think he could rob or attack me does he?' She would think to herself. Next odd question the man would deliver. Or perhaps she was just being oversuspicious about him. "The night is hardly anymore dangerous than the day. Either way, I was supposed to meet someone here. But as long as it has been, I doubt that they will be coming. They are boldheaded and forgetful. Probably forgot to message me that they weren't going to come" 

@Pick

Pick grinned, "The weak, huh? Well, I suppose that there are plenty of weak players out there, then if you are basing it off of level and strength. Also, I'm sure there are people who live in the shadows of others and likes to do it - does it mean they are weak though? Ah, I'm getting tired of this topic. I think our conversation has wandered to a place that I would not like to stay in. The front lines, how strong someone is, it all doesn't matter when we're having a good time, right?" Pick decided to end the conversation there before he exposed too much about himself. Pick didn't like to be called weak, as he was just someone who lived in the shadows - not of someone else, of course, but he stilled lived in the shadows, and although he was sure that Elucia wasn't referring to the type of players he was thinking of, it still triggered something.  

"And I thought the night was a time where all the bad guys come out," Pick exclaimed, finishing off the rest of his drink before forcefully planting it on the table and releasing a loud sound of satisfaction. "And you were supposed to meet someone here? May I have the privilege of knowing whether it's a guy or not?" Pick asked. Pick had thought about sparing the girl with his nasty plot since she was pretty, but if she was already taken, there would be no point.

@Hidden

• 4 weeks later...

Her words seemed to almost hit a nerve with Pick. He said that there was those out there, who would rather be in the shadows of others. She understood the feeling. She personally would not like to be in the spotlight, but she wished to be respected and feared. When someone would mention her name, she would not be laughed at. She was about to return a question, but Pick shrugged away the conversation before bringing up another. He seemed dissatisfied with her answer about the night, chugging his beer and slamming it on the table. He let out a sigh of satisfaction. "More things happen within the night sure, but half the time the 'bad guys' are just wannabees. Laughing Coffin and a few others are the only legitimate ones out there currently". It pained her to talk about Laughing Coffin so soon after the incident, but Elucia wouldn't have had any run-ins with the Laughing Coffin. 

He would ask his next question, her brain firing many answers. She would sip her champagne while thinking of a good answer. She was actually looking for Gray, but that was a secret mission she couldn't reveal that to a random guy on the street, especially one that would seem to be unafraid to sell information or blackmail someone. She had nothing on the man, but he seemed more aware than anyone in the bar, maybe even her. "I don't really see the difference, but it was a girl" she would state plainly. 

@Pick