[f01 - pp] A tusk by any other name (would still be just as hard to find) <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> (Rithe)

Awateru watched as Rithe accepted the next quest for them to do. She didn't mind being with her for a bit longer, though it certainly wasn't ideal. She had expected this to be quick and then done with, not a whole saga of quests for her to do. Once the quest was turned in though, Awateru received a level up notification. She quickly scrolled through some of the confusing menus, trying to decide what she could do with it. It seemed that some of her base stats had gone up, as well as she had some options as to what skills to unlock. She still hadn't decided on what to invest with the very first skill points she had, so how was this going to be any different. She realized she would get nowhere without any skills and decided to just put some points into one of the skills that came up on some sort of suggested list.

@Rithe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It looks like he wants us to fetch some 'Boar-pup Tusks'. That doesn't involving combat does it?" Rithe shakes her head in dismay, who am I kidding, of course it does. "Well. We know how great my navigational skills are, but we should just have to walk out onto the fields..." But with my luck, we'll end up in a floor 20 dungeon. Rithe waits for Tsuisuta to finish with her menu before walking with her, taking the shortest, simplest possible path to the boar-infested fields. She opens her menu while walking and notes her statistic changes from the level up. Well for one, I'm a lot more durable. But not a lot more useful. Rithe pouts slightly as she walks, checking quickly to make sure that Tsuisuta's keeping pace. Trying to engage in small talk despite fully aware of her company, Rithe asks "So, what's your new level? I think I'm a level 5 now." Step by shivering step. I will shine through the rain. Rithe suppresses a giggle at this. I should get into poetry. 

Once she was done with her skills and checking up on her new stats, Awateru began her walk towards the fields with Rithe. "I'm level 5 now as well, seems we both started at about the same experience level." It wasn't that surprising to her, the were both doing the starter quests after all so it was likely they would both be starting almost completely fresh. She would never say it, but it was nice to have someone to play this game with while she couldn't find her sisters. It meant she could try and regain that social aspect she had been missing out on since she got trapped in this game. As the two approached the boar fields, Awateru gave a quick informational response. "There should be plenty of smaller boars around here. I don't know how often the tusks should drop, but let's not expect it to be every time we kill one."

@Rithe

"Right. We just have to take it as it comes." And then Rithe remembers her inventory. "Oh! I have a damage potion from the last quest, and I think you should too.  My damage is abysmal, so maybe these can help?" But I guess we should really get a better look at what we're up against before we go wasting potions. Rithe progresses onto the fields, looking about for their target. The difficulty came from trying to find a lone boar, as they seemed to group together. Over there! She noticed a boar pup that had wandered too far from it's group, leaving it exposed. Only one way to determine its strength. "Found one. If we both attack it, then it should have trouble fighting back. So, follow my lead!" Rithe's confidence surged after her little speech, I sounded like a leader, hehe~

Spoiler

Rithe: 99/100 HP 8/10 EN

Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP 10/10 EN

Lone Boar Pup: 5/5 HP (3 damage on hit)(cannot make critical hits)

Taking her dagger in hand, Rithe approaches the animal slowly. The boar eyes her warily before, deciding to charge her.

Rithe attack with <<Will and Testament>>

ID# 104090 results: Battle: 1(Critical miss)

MOB: 8(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

Rithe stumbles and trips as the beast rushes her, getting nicked by one of its tusks. Ow, ow, ow. 

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru approached the boar pup a little bit behind Rithe, making sure that it wasn't spooked by her. It seemed that Rithe had done that for her though, as it charged her. She didn't let it get much farther than her though, and quickly punched it with her wrapped hands. It quickly fell over onto its side, and Awateru shook her hand out. Though she didn't feel much backalsh, she still felt like she was punching a brick wall. She let the boar get back up, who's attention seemed to be focused solely on her now. Both of them were about equal in level, so it probably didn't matter who the boar targeted. She wasn't sure how Rithe was built though, so perhaps it would be better for her to take the hits while she healed them.

Guess it doesn't matter now. Probably shouldn't have rushed in, but I guess this is the level to make little mistakes while we still figure things out.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104091

BD: 10 + 2 = 12 - Major Crit

CD: 6 - Recovery

@Rithe: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN

@Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN (-1 basic attack; +1 revocery)

Boar Pup: 1/5 HP (2 base + 2 crit = 4) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

(OOC: Don't forget -2 energy for the miss)

(OOC: Fixed.)

Rithe rolled back onto her feet in time to see Tsuisuta deliver an eye-watering punch to the beasts gut, knocking it over. Approaching the now critically wounded animal from its flank, Rithe tries to rush forwards at it. The boar skitters out of the way and tries to ignore Rithe. Don't turn your back to me. She was offended by this. Oh, what, you don't consider me that dangerous? That's just mean. At least I know Tsuisuta can fight. "Well, that makes one of us." Rithe sheepishly mutters under her breath.

The boar, distracted by Tsuisuta, and believing Rithe to be of no consequence, was surprised by a dagger in the back. The paralysis didn't get a chance to set in, as the beast died from its wounds, body turning into shards of light. Rithe looks eagerly for the expected drop but alas there was... No tusk. She sighs, "Onto the next one then." Wait a second, She turns and reviews the ground, finding a very small boar's tusk, embedded in the earth. I'm not going to question this. "Got one, only a few more to go."

Spoiler

ID# 104094 results:

Battle: 9(critical hit) 2 damage

MOB: 6(hit)(Slain)

@Rithe: 100/100 HP - 8/10 EN (+1 -1 EN)

@Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

D# 104095 results:

Loot: 11(Success) [1/6 tusks collected]

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru nodded towards Rithe as she finished off the first boar pup. "At least they seem not to be that strong. We'll hopefully be able to take them out without too much problem. Let me know if you get hurt though, I should be able to heal you up a little bit." As Awateru finished talking, she heard a little squealing grunt behind her. She quickly turned around and saw another boar pup beginning to charge at her. She ran up to it herself and punched it as well, stifling it from getting its attack off just yet. It shook its head, clearing its head from the attack.

That didn't last as long as I hoped it would. I really should consider trying to learn more martial arts in this game. That's assuming it even has it. I guess if it does have the weapons fro it, the skill should exist. Guess I'll need to find where it's hidden then.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104096

BD: 5 + 2 = 7 - Hit

CD: 7 - Recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: 99/100 HP - 8/10 EN

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN (-1 attack; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 3/5 HP (2 base) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

"Actually, I have the First Aid skill too, so I think getting hurt is the least of our worries." This might take a while Rithe realizes as another boar comes charging in only to get punched. It's health didn't decrease as much as last time, do to the lack of a critical hit. I wish I could do more than mildly irritate it. She looks disdainfully at her weapon and switches her grip on it in her hand. This knife has a very specific purpose, and it definitely isn't raw damage output. Rithe circles the monster as it too locks immediately onto Tsuisuta. Not again. Rithe lunges forward as soon as she notices it not paying attention to her. 

Again she punishes another boar for not paying attention to her. It tries to turn after the dagger wielder and charge, but Rithe avoids its strike quite easily. These things don't seem too bright.

Spoiler

ID# 104097 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 damage

MOB: 1(critical miss)

[H: 1] @Rithe: 99/100 HP - 8/10 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN 

Boar Pup: 2/5 HP (2 base) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

As the boar began to charge at Awateru, she quickly realized it was ignoring Rithe once more. It certainly paid for that though as Rithe quickly drove a dagger into its side. It wasn't enough to kill it, but it did mean that Awateru was able to take it down with another punch. "These things aren't the most durable. I think we'll be able to keep this up for now, not sure how long that will last though." She searched around to see if there was a tusk nearby, but didn't see any. Maybe the drop rate was a little lower than she had anticipated. It was possible that was the case, but it would be best not to assume anything while they were still only at two tries to loot. "Not seeing a tusk here, let's go looking for some more boars. If you're feeling risky we can take on one each, though I'll leave that decision up to you."

Spoiler

ID# 104097 results:

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 - hit

CD: 12 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: 99/100 HP - 8/10 EN

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN (-1 attack; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP (2 base) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

ID: #104099

LD: 6 - no tusk

The boar gets shattered by another brutal punch, but it provides no item this time. I'm not really sure if I can deal with this quest lasting for a whole day. Rithe looks at her ally as she speaks. "As long as we don't miss, we can work through them pretty fast." And it seems like she's got that covered, Rithe notes as she sees her companion's accuracy boost in effect. We just have to churn through as many as possible as fast as possible. "Yeah, let's move." Rithe and Tsuisuta head to another portion of the field. "I think we have a good system here. At our current rate, we can take these boars out in a minimum of four hits." As if overhearing her, a boar pup takes interest and approaches the players.

The animal runs at Rithe, who side steps and cuts at the beast as it passes her. Tsuisuta is definitely the damage dealer here.

Spoiler

ID# 104101 results:

Battle: 8(hit) 1 damage

MOB: 2(miss)

[H: 1] @Rithe: 99/100 HP - 8/10 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN 

Boar pup: 4/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

"I think you mean maximum, but you are correct that these aren't terribly difficult foes." Awateru noticed that there was a boar approaching behind Rithe and got ready to strike. It was a bit faster though and managed to charge at Rithe before she could throw a punch. It wasn't to bad though, Rithe was able to sidestep and slash its side without taking a hit. Awateru just punched it in the snout, stopping it dead in its tracks. She wasn't able to do that much, but at least it was something. She had hoped that one of them would be able to do more damage and take these things out quicker, but it seemed it was more likely to be a bit of a grind fest.

Guess we'll really get to know more about each other, won't we. And that's assuming this will be the last quest we do together.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #104102

BD: 7 + 2 = 9 - hit

CD: 6 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: 99/100 HP - 8/10 EN

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN (-1 attack; +1 recovery)

Boar pup: 2/5 HP (2 base) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

"Yes, gratefully. It would be an entirely different thing, if we had to fight something like a minotaur." Rithe turned to the proven effective flanking maneuver, and struck at the boar. It however, stopped abruptly, causing Rithe to trip over it and fall to the ground. The animal leaves her there, and goes after Tsuisuta just like all the other before it. "Why do they seem to gravitate towards you?" It's probably because they can sense that she is stronger. She returns to her feet for the second time and picks her kinfe back up. Just have to keep going. Even when it doesn't seem like the fight will ever end. 

She once again gets a sneaky stab off while its back was turned. I feel kind of guilty fighting like this. Eh, whatever. It's just a boar. The animal took the advantage and struck Rithe with a charge while she was caught up in her thoughts. It's not like this monster can really put up much of a fight, but he really tries his best. Rithe smirks sadly at the beast.

Spoiler

ID# 104104 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 damage

MOB: 6(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 2] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 8/10 EN (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN 

Boar pup: 1/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

(rolling)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

"Don't know, maybe they just like getting punched." Awateru let the boar run towards Rithe, hoping she would get a slash in. She wasn't disappointed, but noticed that she also took a hit from the boar. It didn't seem to do too much damage, and Awateru checked the party health bars just to make sure. She tried to catch up to the boar to get a hit on it herself, it would probably be the last hit it would need to. Try as she might, she was unable to catch up to it. It just wasn't turning around, she didn't want to chase it off though, so she backed up and prepared for it to start coming towards her. It might go for Rithe though, which didn't worry her too much. It seemed Rithe had some mitigation properties that made it much harder for the boar to damage her.

Spoiler

ID# 104104 results:

BD: 3 + 2 = 5 - miss

CD: 8 - recovery

[H: 2] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 8/10 EN

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 9/10 EN (-2 miss; +1 recovery)

Tsuisuta's comment made Rithe laugh. "So they're all masochists? Hahaha~" Rithe noticed her ally's inability to keep up with the hyperactive beast, and watched as it lined Rithe up for an attack. Finally, I've been waiting to be taken seriously since we started fighting. Running as fast as it can, the boar pup sails straight past Rithe as she half-heartedly dodges. As long as I can see it, it won't hit me. This theory proved to be fairly accurate as she avoids attack after attack. Take it easy, it's my turn now. She alternates the dagger grip in her hand before charging the beast head on.

Despite her confidence, she misses completely. The boar proving to be a little too fast to handle straight on as it dashes between her legs, turning around to attack her from behind. Rithe backs up slowly, and frowns slightly. Maybe I'll stick to cheap shots for now.

Spoiler

ID# 104106 results:

Battle: 4(miss)

MOB: 4(miss)

[H: 2] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 7/10 EN (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 9/10 EN

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru watches as the boar goes after Rithe. She did her best to close in on it as quickly as she could. It didn't seem she was doing much more, but every little bit helped. As the two ducked and weaved around each other, she closed in for her chance. Once the boar pup ran between Rithe's legs, she took her opportunity. She went in for a punch as the boar turned around and ended up knocking it into a spin. As it spun, the pixels flew off of it, dissolving in to the air. It was actually a pretty sight considering the circumstances. Awateru looked around for a tusk in the grass, but came up short. "Looks like we'll be needing to add another boar to the kill list. Let's keep looking for the lone ones, don't want to risk things if we don't have to." Awateru gave one last sweep before switching her search to more boar pups.

Spoiler

ID# 104162 results:

BD: 10 - major crit (4 damage)

CD: 12 - recovery

[H: 2] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 8/10 EN

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 9/10 EN

Boar pup: 0/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Looting: ID - 104163 LD - 2 (fail)

"That's kind of annoying." Rithe mentions indignantly, "What exactly dictates whether they drop a tusk or not? And please don't tell me it's random chance." I don't want to do this forever. It would be more interesting (from fear if nothing else) if we were fighting tougher enemies. But as it was, she'd just have to deal with it. Rithe nods understanding of Tsuisuta's words. Even though they were so weak, taking hit after hit, wasn't something that she would enjoy. The fields were relatively peaceful in between fights, but the scenery is not something that should be focused on. Turning her attention to the next boar pup, she sighs and approaches it. 

This animal was a bit livelier than the previous ones, proving to be difficult for Rithe to keep track of. It seemed to have Rithe as its target, but was just running and weaving around her. Stay still! Rithe frowns, as it slips away from another damaging dagger cut.

Spoiler

ID# 104170 results:

Battle: 3(miss)

[H: 0] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 6/10 EN (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 9/10 EN

Boar pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

"I'm afraid this is all going to be down to chance, doubt the programmers would be so kind as to give us a programmed pattern that the quest followed." Though she didn't want to spend more time out here, Awateru knew that there was no point in abandoning the quest. It just meant that the two of them would be stuck together for a bit longer. Maybe they would come together again at some point, though it was unlikely she would be the one to initiate that. It was better she went at it  with her own pace for now. She saw the boar dancing around Rithe and gave a shake of her head. With Rithe not being able to hit it, she did her best and ended up knocking it over. "If you want to get a hit, you got to be willing to take one. You don't seem to take much damage from these boars, so don't be afraid of them."

Spoiler

ID# 104213 results:

Battle: 9 + 2 = 11 - minor crit

CD: 8 - recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 7/10 EN (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery)

Boar pup: 2/5 HP (2 base + 1 crit) - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

"You're right. I just have to be careless to succeed." Rithe bows her head and smiles sheepishly. I've never thought that forsaking your own safety might lead to greater power. But the more she thought about it the more sense it made. She felt awkwardness rising as communication between the player's died down. Rithe tries to revitalize the conversation by asking various small talk questions. "What do you do when you have free time from questing?" "What's your favorite food?" "Do you find me annoying? I won't be upset if you find me irritating." Are just some of the questions that she came up with. 

This isn't working out is it? I can't hit it at all. Rithe sighed, and turned to Tsuisuta. "I can be pretty useless at times if you couldn't tell." She says, watching the boar pup chase after Tsuisuta and yet still managing to dodge all of Rithe's attacks.

Spoiler

ID# 104215 results:

Battle: 1(critical miss)

MOB: 5(miss)

[H: 0] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 5/10 EN (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 10/10 EN 

Boar pup: 2/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!

Awateru threw a reckless punch at the boar, frustrated that it was moving around her to quickly. It didn't even seem like it was trying to attack her, just weave around and confuse her. Awateru listened to Rithe's questions, and kept her answers to a minimum. In the middle of combat wasn't exactly the best time to chit chat, but if the boar was going to mess around there was no point in messing around herself. "Looking for my sisters who I know are playing as well, some Indian dish I once had that I can never remember the name to, and these rapid fire questions certainly aren't helping you." Awateru kept an eye on the boar, not wanting to let it out of her sight. It may have been able to dodge for now, but she didn't want it to keep up with that. If it did finally charge her, she wanted to be ready to retaliate.

Spoiler

ID# 104215 results:

BD: 1(critical miss)

CD: 4 - no recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 7/10 EN (+1 -? EN)

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 8/10 EN (-2 miss) - DMG 2 - MIT 0 - REC 1

Rithe continued to fight the persistent boar, while also trying to keep the conversation flowing. This was not working in her favor, as it appeared that her ally was becoming weary of Rithe's questions. Sometimes I just don't get it. "What made you agree to partying with me? Our personalities seem to clash a little, so it must have just been for convenience, right?" She strikes at the boar as it passes her, missing again. Rithe's brow furrows slightly at this. So irritating. Perhaps this is how Tsuisuta sees me. As a stepping stone. Something to make use of for experience. But Rithe couldn't blame her. It was perfectly natural to value oneself and their family above a stranger in a video game. Assuming that Tsuisuta provides a short answer to the previous question, she changes the topic. "Sisters, huh? How old are they?" Maybe I'm prying too much. This might be a sore subject. "You don't have to answer that. Sorry." 

Spoiler

ID# 104217 results:

Battle: 5(miss)

[H: 0] @Rithe: 98/100 HP - 4/10 EN (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: 100/100 HP - 8/10 EN

Edited by Rithe
Combat!!