[f01 - pp] A tusk by any other name (would still be just as hard to find) <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> (Rithe)

Awateru watched as Rithe was finally able to finish off the boar with a punch of her own. She tightened up her wraps again and saw a boar pup trying to charge at Rithe. Not wanting to let her get knocked over after finally getting a good achievement, Awateru didn't hesitate to punch it right in the side. Without any warning, it just burst into pixels. She kept quiet, only wanting to draw attention to it if Rithe noticed the attack. She likely heard it, but didn't want to brag to her about it. It would make for a fun story one day, but the only people she truly wished to brag to was her older sister if she could find her again. She looked at the grass quickly for a tusk, though sad that there wasn't one it meant she wouldn't need to draw attention as there was still no sign of progress in this fight. She considered drinking her own potion, though doubted that the effects would stack.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105206

BD: 10 - major crit (3 base + 2 crit = 5 damage)

CD: 4 - no recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 96/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -? EN)

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Loot: ID: #105207 - LD: 3 - no tusk (2/6 tusks collected)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The punch was cathartic for her, alleviating her stress by a small increment. But she couldn't shake a disturbing feeling... As soon as my fist connected with its flank, I could almost feel its ribcage splinter. Rithe shivers uneasily. Maybe it's just my imagination. She shakes her hand out, relieving the numb sensation, and turns to the next opponent just to see it drift apart into pixels. Her ally had taken an over-eager boar out before it could ruin Rithe's small victory. As thanks, she offers a weary smile, and looks around herself for where she tossed her knife. It's careless to leave sharp things laying about. She finds it, and removes it from the dirt, wiping it off with her jacket and gazing at it. Between my bare hands and the knife, there isn't all that much difference. She opens her menu to look at the stats. Well, it does have paralysis, but that doesn't help all too much in this situation. A short snorting sound caught her attention. She turns to the newcomer boar, sheathing the knife and putting her fists up in a questionable martial art stance. 

Spoiler

ID# 105228 results:

Battle: 3(miss)

MOB: 9(critical hit) 3 base damage + 0 crit = 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 95/100 - ENG: 0/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -1 hit)

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
combat

With this boar down, Awateru worked her gaze around until she found another. She still wasn't entirely sure how to punch these things that well, but it seemed that whatever she was doing was working. At least, it was working so far as to take out the boars. She was still having trouble finding any tusks with Rithe, and was getting frustrated to no end in their search for it. She thought about taking a break from killing boars, but discarded the idea. She wanted to get this done quickly. She wanted to push herself to the front lines and prove she could be useful to her sisters. She was sick and tired of being seen in someone else's shadow and if she didn't do this, than she would likely be stuck on the first floor until she was free from this game. It was time that Awateru to cast her own shadow.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105253

BD: 1 - critical miss

CD: 6 - recovery

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  (+1 regen; -2 miss; +1 recovery)

She rushes the boar with a quick right jab, but the beast powers through her attack, managing to close the distance before she could extend her fist. Her eyes go wide as the monster barrels through her legs, taking her off her feet. The animal begins a wide circling path to put Rithe back in its sights. Her limbs were weary, she notices as she tries to stand, but loses balance and collapses. I didn't think that it'd feel like an exercise but here I am. The boar pup had finally wheeled 180 degrees and began charging straight for her. She just watched as it ran, as it got closer and closer. And at the last possible second, Rithe puts her strength into rolling out of the way, safely dodging the attack. Now with its back to her, it's her turn to charge. The boar was still perfectly aware of the danger that this woman held, and thus began its own evasive maneuvers, trying to out pace her. 

Spoiler

ID# 105266 results:

Battle: 3(miss)

MOB: 3(miss)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 9/10  

Edited by Rithe
combat

Awateru watched the battle intensely, not wanting to miss a single moment of it. This time around, there would be no holding back. It was time that the two of them finally finished things once and for all, at least on this boar. She knew there was at least three more to go, and was ready to take them down. She waited for the opportune moment, when the two of them would split up. Without warning, she jumped in and struck like a snake. The boar pup didn't stand a chance. Without any warning, it vanished into pixels. She tried to find a tusk while she recovered from the poor tumbling that came afterwards, but once again came up short. "This is not going well for us, is it?" Though her voice was filled with anger, she was not directing it towards Rithe. She wanted to direct towards whoever the idiot was that programmed this quest.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105327

BD: 10 - major crit

CD: 12 - recovery

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 95/100 - ENG: 0/10

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10  (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery)

Loot: ID: #105328 LD: 2 - no tusk (2/6)

(OOC: No actual hard feelings towards whoever wrote this quest, just having a terrible string of luck)

It was incredible. Any programmer would be fascinated by this string of consistently terrible luck. How many boars had it been now. Rithe didn't know, and she wasn't sure if even the cardinal system itself knew. Rithe flinched slightly at her ally's outburst anger filling a normally impassive voice. Emotions were mixing themselves around in her psyche, causing her head to swim. She comes to a stop, falling to the ground, catching herself on her hands and knees, before sinking to the ground, exhausted. Her sense of balance was shot, and she just wanted to rest. Failing to find boar tusks for the rest of the year, didn't seem like a great idea, in fact, sleep was quite enticing. She found herself drifting off before she could stop herself, fatigue paralyzing her limbs. She tries to mumble an apology to Tsuisuta, but she doesn't get far, before succumbing to exhaustion. 

(OOC: If you want to spawn one, feel free to. I'm just taking at least a single post break.)

Soon after the latest of the boars was taken down. Awateru noticed that she wasn't the only one flustered about the situation at hand. Picking herself up, she noticed Rithe coming closer, but fainting on the way too her. It seemed as if she was going to say something, but didn't make it out in time before going down. She did her best to catch the falling avatar, but was unable to make it in time. Cursing her short stature, Awateru lifted Rithe's head off of the ground. Performing a little bit of first aid on her, she did her best to heal any damage the fall may have caused. It was unlikely that that height would count as fall damage, but she had never wanted to test it. The two of them had been hunting boars for far too long now, and they both knew it. Grabbing a few of the random junk items that had piled up into her inventory, Awateru made a makeshift pillow out of boar hides for Rithe to rest on. It wasn't much, but she let her rest until she was ready to move again.

@Rithe

Dreams flashed behind Rithe's closed eyelids. A dark corridor...a bloodied cloth...a broken picture...a tear in the jacket... Rithe writhes in discomfort during her sleep, murmuring something unintelligible, before drifting into a nurturing, dreamless sleep. Time passes, the breeze softly catching strands of her hair, the waning sun beaming on her now calm face. She wakes slowly, opening her still-heavy eyelids, and gazing up at the sky. She breathes deeply and looks towards her companion, blinking at her. Then her mind begins processing information, and embarrassment seeps in. Did I just fall asleep in front of her?! I'm a terrible party member.. Her chest tightens as she realizes the implications of what she's done. I could have died! She could have killed me in my sleep! What is wrong with me? I'm always keeping tabs on everyone I meet, why did I have to lose cohesion now. But then she stops being suspicious, and notices the padding under her head. She looks back at Tsuisuta with a different expression on her face. She could have done something terrible, but instead she was watching over me. Rithe smiles gently, the anxious feeling leaving her just as quickly as it had come.

(Rithe now trusts Tsuisuta to a degree, regarding her as a friend)

Awateru decided to sit down and rest her legs for a bit while Rithe got a nap. She made sure to glance around every now and then to make sure nothing would come and interrupt their break. Rithe was able to sleep uninterrupted, and Awateru got some rest of her own. As Rithe got herself up, she could tell that they were embarrassed for falling asleep on the fields. After letting them wake up a bit, Awateru did her best to console her. "Don't worry about falling asleep, we've been at this for hours. If you want to head back towards town and take this on later just ask. I'll finish this quest with you, but I don't want you to die because you're too exhausted." She did want to move forward, but not at the cost of other's lives. There was a shadow for her to escape, but it was only there to keep her in darkness. "Just let me know what you're up for and we can go for it. Whatever you need right now."

@Rithe

Rithe listens attentively to her companion, nodding slowly in understanding. It is a bit late, but we won't get anywhere if we give up halfway through. Well... a third of the way through. She hears hears her ally's accommodating sentiments, causing her to give a slight yet warm smile. She really is a nice person.  Rithe gets up carefully, testing her joints and sore muscles, before offering her hand to help Tsuisuta up. "Resting for the night would probably be the smartest option.. But if you can keep going, so can I." She says, a determined expression across her face. "I don't want to be the one everyone always feels sorry for.. you know? I want to be able to fight, and stand strong." She looks to Tsuisuta, now very serious. "I'll be fine. I refuse to give up here. Let's take of this." It's just a few boars after all. What does it matter if we have to kill hundreds more, thousands even? If we give up, we'd just have to start from square one. 

"So be it. Let's at least fight a few boars on our way back. If you don't want to join into combat I don't mind. I'll still fight a few on the way back." With that in mind, Awateru quickly got up and checked that the damage buff was still there. Seeing that it was, she rushed over to a nearby boar and gave it a punch. It didn't see it coming and was instantly vaporized by the punch. "These thing are quite weak once you know how to hit 'em" She searched around, thinking she wouldn't find a tusk. To her surprise, there was one laying on the ground. "And we can finally increase our progress. How about we find a few more boars while we head back." It was nice to finally see their streak of bad luck had ended. She had bonded a bit with Rithe, though was still unsure how much she could trust them.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105567

BD: 10 - major crit

[H: 0] @Rithe: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10

[H: 2] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10  (-1 hit; +1 recovery)

Loot: ID: #105568 LD: 15 - tusk found!!!!!! (3/6)

The party of two went from resting peacefully to obliterating boars in the span of a few heartbeats. Rithe herself was surprised by the energy that Tsuisuta seemed to have. The unsuspecting beast perishes quickly, before it has a chance to squeal out a complaint. One day, I'll have strength like that... Rithe follows behind, dagger still stowed away, expecting to help with eliminating the monster, but not getting the chance to. As if by a stroke of blind luck, the allies were graced with a tusk, FINALLY! Taking them halfway to victory. "Look at that! All we needed was a quick break!" Rithe, now excited, goes to find another boar. "I think our luck has turned... Yes, let's finish this up." Confidence returning to her system, Rithe ambushes the next target, attacking it with a renewed spirit. Maybe I'll try to get some kind of Martial Arts thing like Tsuisuta has... I seem to be slightly better at it than with my dagger. 

Spoiler

ID# 105571 results:

Battle: 6(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 8(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 9/10 (-1 EN)

[H: 0] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 

Boar Pup: 4/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits

Edited by Rithe
combat

Awateru is glad to finally have found a third tusk, though there would still be a few more to go. There was another quick ambush on a boar. It didn't go down as easily, though it seemed to already be hurting. Whether or not they were able to kill it didn't matter at this point. What did matter would be whether or not they continued to get tusks from killing boars. Their morale had received a nice boost, but it could fall back down just as quickly. There was still a gleam in her eyes as she punched the boar, letting it squeal in pain. It felt good to have something so easy to vent the frustration of the quest on, and she was further invigorated by their recent finds. She gave an almost evil smile towards Rithe. "How about we take quite a few out before we get back to town." Perhaps she was enjoying this a little bit too much.

Spoiler

ID# 105596 results:

BD: 6 + 2 - hit

CD: 9 - recovery

[H: 1] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 9/10

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 (-1 hit; +1 recovery)

Boar Pup: 1/5 HP - 3 DMG(cannot make critical hits

@Rithe

She proved her own thoughts right with a successful punch to the boar pup's flank, causing it to squeal in indignance. The dagger really isn't all that great is it? After all, I've had more success with my fists so far. She looks at her hands, and then upwards, towards her companion, who delivers a powerful strike, nearly killing the beast. Continually, Rithe is impressed by her ally's power. How long do I have to struggle to get to the same strength level? Or is it as simple as solving a quest? Rithe allowed a small smile to come across her facial features, pleased by the success they were having so far. That's in the future, let's deal with this, here and now. She looks over and notices an almost sinister grin from Tsuisuta, causing a slight chill to run down her spine. Rithe couldn't argue with the stress-relieving aspect, but that look was still disconcerting to her. "However many it takes..." 

Spoiler

ID# 105670 results:

Battle: 8(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 10(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage(slain)

[H: 2] @Rithe: HP: 99/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @Tsuisuta: HP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 

ID# 105671 results:

Loot: 20(SUCCESS!) (4/6 boar pup tusks found!)

Edited by Rithe
combat and loot roll

With another boar down, Awateru quickly made her way towards finding another one. The two of them were able to start making leaps and bounds of progress now with their streak of bad luck over. It shouldn't be long now until they were able to finish the quest entirely. Hopefully the amount of boars that they had taken down would count towards something. It was a long hope, but could still be real. She spotted another one. Without warning, she gave it a punch. It was a little off center though as she had surprised even herself with it. The boar pup recoiled from the attack, but it was still alive. Hopefully Rithe would be able to finish it off. If they weren't able to, she could probably finish it off if she got one more lick in. Maybe she should go get some actual training with her weapons before continuing to use them.

Spoiler

(OOC: I should probably go finish breaking the unbreakable now)

Roll ID: #105717

BD: 5 + 2 = 7 - hit

CD: 10 - recovery

H: 2] @RitheHP: 99/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 -1 EN)

[H: 1] @TsuisutaHP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 

Boar Pup: 2/5 HP - 3 damage (can't make critical hits)

As the party of two continued pummeling boars with their fists, Rithe recognized more and more that Martial Arts was definitely her calling. Even if she would miss a punch here and there, her body responded to her wishes more often than not, as if the synapses in her brain were built for this. The phrase "like an extension of one's body" is often applied to weapons that one is familiar with, but what phrase does one use for being familiar with using their body as a weapon..? When I learn to actually use this skill, how powerful will I be? Will I be strong enough to survive on my own? Or will I still have to rely on the generosity of others as I have thus far. She frowns deeply, upset at herself for leeching off of so many kind-hearted souls. I'm the worst.. Tsuisuta's punch brought their current target to a killable level, and Rithe wasn't going to let the opportunity pass. "Here's for the third in a row!"

Spoiler

(OOC: I'm 2 posts from finishing my <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> Quest. But I don't want to bother Hikki.)

ID# 105773 results:

Battle: 1(miss)

MOB: 1(miss)

[H: 0] @RitheHP: 99/100 - ENG: 8/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 1] @TsuisutaHP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 

Boar Pup: 2/5 HP - 3 damage (can't make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
combat

Though Awateru watched as Rithe wasn't quite able to take out the boar pup with her punch, she didn't want to hesitate any longer. They were finally having a break in their luck and she didn't want it to end now. Without any hesitation, Awateru quickly finishes off this pup and excitedly looks around to find that there was indeed another tusk in the grass. It was exhilarating to know that the two of them were almost done with this quest that had been taking up so much time. It was strange just how much that little break seemed to do for them. "One more to go, let's see if we can get it on the way back." Awateru gave a look at the buff she had received from Rithe's potion. There was no timer on it, so she figured it must either be for a hidden length of time or just stay there until she was no longer needing it.

Not the best design choice, but an understandable one for a game about immersion more than anything.

Spoiler

ID: #105774

BD: 8 + 2 = 10 - hit

CD: 5 - no recovery

MD: Dead

[H: 0] @RitheHP: 99/100 - ENG: 9/10 (+1 -? EN)

[H: 2] @TsuisutaHP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP - 3 damage (can't make critical hits)

Loot:  ID: #105776 - LD: 16 - Tusk found (5/6)

Full of spirit, she launches herself at the boar, missing it completely as it scuttles to one side, pursuing Tsuisuta. That's a mistake, she'll break you in half. Things were going so well, that Rithe was unconcerned with her whiffed attack, confident that her ally could finish it off. She tries to stifle a grin and fails when the boar is put down, and her companion plucks a tusk from its resting place. "We've been more successful in the past 10 minutes than the hours we spent before." She laughs lightly at the ridiculous nature of this quest. "Yeah, let's start heading home, we shouldn't have trouble taking out another one." She says, brimming with confidence. Hopefully that potion I gave her isn't needed further down the line. She breathes deeply and looks for the next enemy. Ah well, it has been put to good use here. The sound of rushing hooves alerts her to a new opponent, turning towards the onrushing beast with a prepared punch.

Spoiler

ID# 105780 results:

Battle: 2(miss)

MOB: 10(hit) 3 raw damage - 9 mitigation = 1 final damage

[H: 0] @RitheHP: 98/100 - ENG: 7/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 0] @TsuisutaHP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 

Boar Pup: 5/5 HP - 3 damage (can't make critical hits)

Edited by Rithe
combat

With more progress being made, Awateru didn't waste any time scanning the area for their next target. It seemed she wouldn't have to wait for that long, as Rithe was immediately set upon by another one of them. Perhaps all of the killing they had done earlier was turning the boar pups aggressive on them. Pointing at the boar, she did her best to intimidate it. "Hey, pick on someone you might knock down." She knew the boar was not going to respond to her threat, so she did her best to make it seem like she was encouraging Rithe at the same time. She knew that Rithe could take the hits much better than herself, and wanted to make that fact known. Of course, she didn't wish to outright compliment her right now. She charged up and punched the boar, causing it to roll down a hill. It wasn't dead, but it wasn't going to be charging full speed anymore.

Spoiler

Roll ID: #105782

BD: 9 - minor crit

[H: 0] @RitheHP: 98/100 - ENG: 7/10 (+1 -2 EN)

[H: 2] @TsuisutaHP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery) 

Boar Pup: 1/5 HP - 3 damage (can't make critical hits)

She miscalculated the trajectory of her punch, barely scraping the boar and doing no damage. As a punishment for her foolishness, she took another tusk strike to the shin, causing her to stumble a bit. She heard her companion's taunt, smiling a bit in reaction to it. But with her ally's intervention, the monster was sent flying. Let's finish this here! Without hesitation she catapults herself after the boar, making a controlled slide down the hill after it. It rolls to a stop at the bottom, wounded but shaking itself off. What it didn't expect was a woman nearly crashing down on top of it. It dodges to the side, narrowly avoiding Rithe's stomping foot, and sets itself up for a charge. Trying something different, Rithe waits for the animal to attack, a new ace up her sleeve. Enraged, it tries to run back up the hill, much to Rithe's irritation. I'm over here! Given the opening, she patiently sets up the perfect attack. Now this should be fun. 

Spoiler

ID# 105784 results:

Battle: 8(hit) 1 final damage

MOB: 4(miss)(Slain)

[H: 1] @RitheHP: 98/100 - ENG: 7/10 (+1 -? EN)

[H: 2] @TsuisutaHP: 100/100 - ENG: 10/10 (+1 regen; -1 hit; +1 recovery) 

Boar Pup: 0/5 HP - 3 damage (can't make critical hits)

ID# 105785 results:

Loot: 8(failure) no tusk...

Edited by Rithe
combat and loot roll