[PP-F1] Game Time - Uprising Arc: Chapter 2 (Mars)

(OOC: Takes place the night after Pick's encounter with Slayer)

Pick grinned under the mask that he had worn once before. He had wandered around the wilderness of the first floor but yielded no results. At the moment, he was staying safe - not going around terrorizing people or making a huge name for himself. It was actually fortunate that not many people roamed the streets at night - at least not in the first floor at least, since his costume would get a bit of attention. Pick sighed, walking into a bar that is open all through the day and night. He frequents this place, and has even thought about making it a gathering place. The bar was worn-out and was well-known for being visited by a lot of shady characters, even some PKers since it was outside of the safe zone. Not many players come here, making it highly secretive, and the perfect place to house meetings and hide players.

He walked in and was immediately greeted by the NPC waiter, who had seen him a few times before. He looked up, stared at the man before ordering a glass of wine and then sitting down at a two-seat table. Pick was looking forwards to a calm night between himself and the cup of wine. Little did he know, his plans would become one step closer at the introduction of one more potential member that may prove to be crucial in the final outcome of things.

@Mars

Mars makes his way through the first floor idly flipping through some pages within a small notebook within his hands as he goes over information that he has of various quests trying to plan out his next move in regards of just gathering more strength for himself in one fashion or the other. Going over the list of people within his mind that he has met one way or the other during his time within this game he nods his head ever so slightly. 'Not that many who can seemingly stand up to me from the low levels that i know of, and not even one of them has a goal worth fighting for seemingly. The only one who miiight be close to that is that Vigilon kid with wanting to form a guild. Which in itself is rather vague goal to be striving for if he doesn't have a clear image in his mind of what he wishes to attain.' he thinks to himself in disappointment of the type of people that seem to have made there home within Aincrad, and all of those he had met being weaklings.

With a sigh the black haired warrior makes his way towards a common bar on the outside of the main settlement to at least meet some interesting characters if he could get lucky enough. To meet a person that would be worth his time since the type of people who would go to such locations would have to have some guts since death could be around any corner since there is no safety zone protecting them from death. With that in mind he enters the establishment and quickly goes to a open seat for himself his outfit being that of his armor which covers his form making it hard to see any defining details of his form. A rather ideal situation encase he would end up associating with any people that would look back on his name.

Pick watched as the bartender/waitress mixed,stirred, and eventually gently placed some ice in there with a small little sound. The sound of a solid touching liquid was actually quite satisfying. With no one in the bar, all the sounds that were happening seemed to be magnified - exaggerated to the point where the tiniest sounds could be heard through the gentle music that has been toned down for the night. This included the small sound of the door creaking open, notifying Pick that someone else had come through the entrance. Not turning his head, he watched the man with his peripheral vision through the corner of his eyes, making sure that the newcomer doesn't see his awareness and curiosity. The man was wearing armor, which made it difficult to judge how big or small the character is, disallowing Pick from making a first impression on the strength of the man. he had red eyes, and that was the thing that stood out most about him.

Pick smiled underneath the mask, motioning for the waitress to make another one. As soon as both of them were done, Pick slowly stood up and walked to the counter to pick them both up, before turning and heading to the newcomer's direction. Sitting down across from him, he placed both wines on the table, and motioned to one of the cups, as if to say, "be my guest." Then, Pick picked up his own cup of wine and sipped it through the opening of his mask. "Lonely night?" Pick asked, starting to speak first in his deeper than usual voice. "Well... how about we play a game?" 

@Mars

The black haired warrior glances around the bar wearing his light armor styled clothing that is a bit bulkier then what would be considered optimal for what its purpose is meant to be. 'I should get a new outfit soon one fitting of what i want to do. This cloaks and daggers stuff can be used when i want to strike against the people for there silly ideas of what is right. I do wonder why people make guilds when there simple goal is working together to take down this game. Why build factions that would skirmish against one another when they already have a common goal and how to strive for it. Which doesn't even include guilds who already have the same peace message and method of doing things, but not forming together.' He thinks to himself a bit of annoyance at how people seemingly act with one another as he then flicks his gaze upwards towards the approaching individual rather curious what someone would have to do with him. A total stranger within a shady bar where anything and everything could occur. He looks down towards the drink as he lowers the fabric around the mouth area downwards and takes only the smallest of sips to test its contents then takes a rather healthy drink from the wine once seeing that it isn't a paralysis potion.

Lonely isn't the word i would use. More so solitary and quiet a night for a opportunist since it is so peaceful. People like to let there guards down on such nights. He replies to the stranger in front of him in a neutral tone of voice his tone having a slightly cold quality to it as he makes sure to maintain eye contact the entire time. His skin color being that of a normal Caucasian person. So then what kind of game are we talking here? Cards for a royal flush? Dice for a fixed fate? Bets on a outcome that can be setup? He asks the person with a seen amused smile and glint within his eyes as he looks towards the person in front of him. Taking the first guess at what this person's game is and reason for moving over here.

"None of those. More simple actually - a game of guessing." Pick smiled underneath the mask. His eyes were fixed on the red-haired man. They would, of course, bet Col if the man would allow it, but Pick was comfortable with allowing the Col debts to be erased if he saw potential in the black-haired man for greatness and offer him participation within his guild. It was inevitable to Pick that he would win... after all, he was the master of luck - How can he not? He makes luck himself.

"Waitress, help us out." Pick instructed. "Let me explain the rules. We'll be playing what I like to call the smuggling game.There are 10,000 chips in each player's bank. Every round, you are either the inspector, or the smuggler. If you are the smuggler, you write the amount that you would like to smuggle from the other player's bank, and give it to the waitress. If you are the inspector, you guess what they have written down. If you guess the precise amount, you obtain half of the amount that they wrote, and the rest goes to the bank. If you under guess, they get away with the money they smuggled subtracted by the amount you guessed, while the rest goes to the bank. If you over guess, you give the amount of money you guessed subtracted by the amount of money they smuggled  to the bank, and they get away with the money. If you think they didn't smuggle anything, you can pass, allowing them through, if you pass and they smuggled money, however, they will profit from it, understand?" Pick finished, "The game will end after ten turns. Let us play by smuggling only 0 chips, 500 chips, or 1,000 chips each turn, to make it more possible."

@Mars

The black haired man smirks ever so slightly at this little game that gets mentioned which is based entirely upon chance and nothing much else. Which in theory if one was to try and trick the other it would be as simple as not writing anything down every round of the game to try and get the other in debt by trying to make them gain as much col as possible as a person could get from the other. So a game to put one into debt to the other? Interesting game you are wishing to play mister mask, but i am sad to say such games based on chance and situations that could have me in service to another aren't to my liking. I much more prefer controlling my own destiny lets say. Afterall if i let myself become indebted that just means i can't strike when i think the time is right to do what i desire. He says simply towards the man in front of him not even knowing his name and vice versa as he leans back into his chair and takes another drink from the wine that had been placed in front of him. He then looks the man in the eyes that hide behind the mask. So what are you doing out here anyway? Everyone has a story and goal to reach what is yours? He decides to ask flat out ot see how well that would go.

"Ah, but the game is not simply up to chance, is it. For example, I could tell you that I have a certain amount while I truly do not? Would you know whether I'm lying or would you know whether I'm lying? It's a game of deception... of filling the other person's mind with discomfort and frustration - only then can you strike the winning blow that ultimately wins you the game. This is it with all games, isn't it? Frustration and self-disbelief is the number one weapon that is not only in this game, but in this life. People in this type of condition can be best exploited for benefit, don't you think so?" Pick asked, toying with the man and seeing if his philosophy matched his. The man wanted to control his own destiny, while Pick's destiny has already been set. For him, the universe favors him, which is why he has amazing luck - but perhaps this overconfidence in his luck would ultimately be matched by someone with the skill to defeat it. After all, luck can only go so far, but Pick couldn't care less.

"I'm out here... for no reason." Pick declared, "I'm a man of secrets, and I do not like to expose them. Why don't you go first? What would you like to have? After all, you believe that you control your own destiny while I do not believe that fact - so what is the destiny that you would like to create?"

@Mars

The black haired man smirks to himself at seeing this man talk of this game which every word said is rather true in its own right when looked at from the angle of trying to coerce other to join something that would allow the other to benefit solely from this game of his. He flicks his eyes back towards the man across from him and just nods his head for a brief moment to signal that he is indeed listening at the very least. Destiny is controlled when you can create your own, and the path i will create is one of securing my spot within this world. A world where a simple fact is that the strong shall rule the weak if you would look around such things are rather obvious. The signs of control are different though not through rules or regulations but by fear and influence that are what people use for there signs of control. Why do those that kill hide? Because they fear the frontlines. Why do the frontlines gain members through influencing the new into signing up for there cause. It is a game of who can get to the new people first and right now the frontlines have all the picking for people since the ones who wait in the dark must play there cards juuuust right to secure there spots in this world. I just wish to nudge the frontlines out of the way lets say by trying to prove they are nothing to praise. That those people are just humans with many, many flaws and should be scorned for such. He says towards the man in front of him figuring he is within like minded company if the vibe that he gets off of the man is correct. If he was to be exposed then that would be that and he would just have a target to murder is all and people to run from and deal with the so called heroes of peoples own perosnal tales. The avengers and justice bringers who think they know what is right and wrong based on what is told to them. What about yourself? What is the destiny you wish to seize for yourself or have already seized? He asks his fellow compatriot.

Pick listened carefully - a revenge against the front lines, or a quest for power. It was something like that, although Pick wasn't sure what the man had against the front lines but it was obvious that he too was waiting for a right moment to do something that could secure him power in the world.  Pick, of course, was after the same thing, but he was after it in a different manner - money. Money is power in the real world, and Pick can assume that it is the same in this world as well. He smirked, looking over at the black-haired man and staring at him in silence for a couple of minutes before beginning to speak,

"Haha," He chuckled, taking a sip of his wine before continuing on with his destiny, "My destiny has already been set. There is no failure for me, and I am sure of it. Simply said, I want to reach a powerful status as well - beyond all other player. Sure, I won't be the most powerful, but there are other ways to rule this world without being the highest leveled or the most experienced. With a bit of brain, anyone can overcome even the strongest players through deception and a little bit of luck. My plans have already been laid out way further than you can imagine, and it will play out just the way I expect it to. So, what do you think? I think our plans correlate with each other. If we work together, it will be much easier for us to reach our destinations. After all, both of us want power. You can go against the front lines, for all I care, while I do my own thing after that. I'm starting a band of criminals, and I would like you to have a spot within it. Although it's filled with weak players at the moment, they were ambitious."

@Mars

The black haired fighter listens to the man in front of him that speaks either with arrogance or confidence for his own plans to succeed far surpassed any who have come before him or will come after him seemingly. A small smirk at such a thing since it means that this man at least has a head on his shoulder for planning for any possible outcome that could come from all of these events he has in mind if he truly believes in himself as much as he does. That or he is a fool trying to grant himself an early death by having himself killed in his hubris and all that would require of himself if things go down hill is to just put the blame on the right people to escape judgement himself. What it takes to overcome players such as Calrex and Zandra would require a strong fighter to face off against them, or as you had said to setup the perfect situation to have such titans of power to go off against each other. A small smirk crossing his face at the thought of having such players face off against each other to the very death. I guess you could be correct that all it takes to destroy the frontlines is by pitting them against each other in some fashion or the other, so as you would say all it would take is the right mind, plan, and a bit of luck to hope they don't figure out anything.  He then pauses for a moment to think through the pros and cons of such a relationship with the man in front of him.

'The pros are obviously having a group of players wishing to take control of some aspect of this world or just some people wishing to cause chaos in this world which means they won't falter when it comes to achieving those goals. With such people it would mean it could form a group of rather strong players to form a formidable force against other players that wouldn't be easy to fool with lies and deception. The cons would be that if they get found out there won't be many places to hide from the hounds of the frontlines that would want to murder all who wish to harm this world like the mass murderer Aereth. Furthermore, if they have the same ambition as i do it would make things rather difficult but not impossible i guess.' He thinks to himself in thought idly sipping his wine before glancing up towards the man in front of him his red colored eyes looking him at his mask. Hmph fine i agree to this proposal you have said i will work alongside you as a equal not any kind of subordinate. Message me about any new people that join this little group or in this group already so i would know who to get in contact with to try and get to know these people better. He tells the man in front of him not even asking for the person's name since he would easily figure out if he gets a message sent to him since it would say in the contact's list.

Pick listened to the man as he he began to explore the options that the group has against extremely high-leveled players... players that Pick had heard of players talking about in the lower floors. These were the players known to be extremely high leveled and can defeat a lot of things that come their way. What Pick wanted was for one of these high-leveled players to join them. Of course, nothing ever had to be done through voluntary motives, as long as Pick is able to find a way to force players to join their cause, even those on the front lines when that is possible. The world operates on a mutual relationship basis - players tend to abandon their own friends when they are offered an option that gives them something else which will benefit him. That was how the world was - the world itself was a game, and this was simply a game within a much larger game. Society, Pick thought, was just a game... a liar game. If you manage to successfully lie and steal, you will ultimately win. He sighed, looking up at the man. "Calrex, Zandra... They are tough opponents, but who says that they aren't human just like us. There are bound to be ways that forces them to either join us, or be eliminated. We can destroy them, yes, or they can join us. I want at least one of the strong front liners to join us even if they don't want to, just by a bit of obtaining information." Pick said, revealing even more of his plan.

"Great, now that we have worked out a deal, allow us to figure out how we will communicate and such. First of all, my username cannot be revealed to anyone, not even you, not any of our guild members. I've formed the entire organization, so I am sure I can be trusted even though I do not allow you all to know my true identity. This is so I can remain safe, in case one of you exposes our plans. This means I will not be sending traditional messages... instead, we're going to go even more traditional, using pen and paper. I'll be writing messages to you and putting them into a black envelope, then I'll be using a dagger to carve a symbol on the back of the envelope, so you cannot see it, and neither will other people, but you will be able to feel it. I didn't offer most of the other players within my organization a method to contact me, since I assured them that I'll be contacting them on a weekly basis to tell them of any progress or plans. Since you want an equal relationship, I'll give you a method of contacting me. Eventually, I'll be recruiting an artisan who can make emblems for us. I'll find a location where you can place an emblem there, and once I see the emblem, I'll go to you that night on my own." Pick explained.

@Mars

Mars looks towards the man in front of him with a raised eyebrow, that is unseen because of Mars' outfit, with surprise. The rather bold attempt to try and sway anyone from the frontlines being a rather difficult thing to even try to think of doing because of the current people up there being rather big statues of virtues if what he knows is right. 'Well..models of virtues might be accurate for some of those people like Zandra, and Aereth.' He thinks to himself in slight amusement of such thoughts of the mostly predominantly good natured people on the frontlines ho wouldn't bow to anyone that would try to force them to do evil acts. Well if you want to make a frontliner join i would say that could be a suicide of the group. Since if you pick the wrong target all it is going to take is them informing the other for the entire wrath of Aincrad to be dropped upon us we would need a way to try and show them a equal show of force to be able to counteract any group going after us if they decide to go down that route at that point in time. He says towards his partner in quite literal crime as Mars takes the step down this new path in life of which he could only hope actual results form from this.

When hearing the second part he can't help but laugh at hearing the very first bit as he gives the man a serious look after he had calmed himself down. Staring at the mask of his compatriot as all his companion could see would be his mouth and eyes everything else having been obscured for good measure of hiding important features. You? Trusted? I wouldn't trust you until you have proven such to myself. When working with criminals you always have to have another set of eyes to avoid being stabbed in the back and i won't make such a foolish mistake as trusting someone who would be like myself. Such an action would only end in ruin for the opposing party to put such blind faith in another. He says towards the man in front of him as Mars himself leans back within his seat with his arm resting on the top of his chair. Then comes the method of how to get into contact with one another we would never know where the other is if we go with this pen and paper method of yours. Since if i disclosed my location of residence it would be quite easy for you to know my identity which would make this an uneven avenue for information traded between equals. I am guessing we could use this and other similar establishments as our rendezvous points then for information sharing at specific time intervals? He says towards his compatriot while looking at the masked face his mind jumping through quick little hoops to think of quick and easy solutions as fast as possible that could work for the duo and eventually there entire organization.

"Picking the wrong target would be suicide if the target is wrong, of course. That's an obvious fact. However, if the organization is filled with the talent and brains that I imagined it to have, making a wrong move would require every individual that fits among that group to make a heavy mistake. With a system of checks and balances, a wrong move would not be made if every move was checked by other members of the organization, hence, our actions would be to the best interest of the group. Also, like I said, most people have a weak point that can be targeted to weaken their will. If one manages to attack through that point, that person will join us even if they don't want to. It's simple - blackmail. Also, this world runs on a system of gains. People do things that would bring profit to them, and if we can offer them this profit... something that benefits them, they will join us," Pick said, his words beginning to mumble under his mask. Lifting it up a bit, so that only his mouth would show, he took a small sip of the wine that he had ordered before placing the mask back where it was originally supposed to be. Clearing his throat, Pick continued, moving on to the second part - the communication that was required for any organization to succeed.

"Well, we can have say, weekly meetings in places such as this, but more private. If we can find a base and make sure that it is unknown to other players, then our issues would be solved. Eventually, we can purchase a house for the organization, and no longer would we have to face this issue of communication again. For now though, I suppose we can just do something like that... meeting occasionally in a set location. Although insecure, our organization is far from being well-known, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem."

@Mars

He looks over towards his companion and just nods his head knowing that in theory as long as they all played there cards right nothing horribly wrong should occur for any of them so he just nods his head in agreement for the moment. I guess that would make sense then and going from this point forward i would believe we have for the moment most of our bases covered except for two objects of discussion that i would like to talk with you about since it would be a rather quick matter to do so. My first question is that besides ourselves is there anybody else who is with us. Secondly, along with that train of thought where do we go from this little meeting in this bar? Since obviously i could conitnue just getting stronger and wait for this meeting with just ourselves or any more members that you manage to convince join our group whatever you are going to call this group if anything. He asks the man in front of him waiting to see if he will get anything back.

(OOC: sorry for the wait i think SAO glitched out for a bit since i remember doing this post.)