[F17-PP] The Calm Before the Storm (Domarus & Hestia)

He sat there in silence as he listened to her speak.  Getting more worked up more and more, and relaying how she was ready to die before anyone else did.  He also saw her fighting back tears.  It was then he spoke up.

"Ember..  Don't fight the tears.  Crying is a human trait.  And, I need you to be human.  To remind me why I've fought all this time.  To remind me what it is to be human."  He looked down at his hand for a moment.  "The last time I cried was in my childhood.  My father had caused those tears.  The last time I cried was the day I hardened my heart.  It was the day I would not hear the words of others.  It was the day I told myself I would not open myself up to people like him.  To people who think love, care and comfort can heal anything.  It was the day I engulfed myself in rage to protect myself from that pain again.  Even now, I feel nothing.  I look at you and see a mirror Ember.  I see myself, in a pure and emotional sense.  Something I never could have been.  Something I closed myself off from due to the pain I feel when opened up and vulnerable.  Tell me...  Is it worth it?  Being open to others?  Is it worth it to feel the pain of betrayal?  Is it worth it to hear the judgements?  Is it worth the pain, to be open and vulnerable to those around you?"  He sighed and looked at the sun.

"You're right in that we will fight tomorrow.  Most likely it will be extremely violent at certain points.  But.  Know this:  I don't hate you Ember.  I hate myself.  I hate my father.  I even hate the world.  But I do not hate you.  I envy you.  I crave the happiness you posses even despite the pain, hypocrisy, and frustrations that come with it."  He pulled out his picture of his mother and looked at it.  "All I have, is a ghost of that feeling.  A shadow, and nothing more...  I want you to fight Ember, and fight your hardest.  I will not hold back.  But know that I do not fight you because I hate you.  I do not fight you because I want what you posses.  I fight you, because of my pain, and my past.  I fight you, because I cannot see."

@Hestia

I smile sadly towards the man and gets up from my chair and walks over towards the hate filled man that has been defeated and crumbled by the world and actions of others around him having turned out as he is now because of the that from how he was raised by a hateful father. I give a hug that would stop the instant if Domarus would try to stop me not going to push the man beyond comfort zones or if he feels..unsafe or uncomfortable for whatever reason. if stopped or allowed to do so i would say in either case. it's always worth it to be open to others Domarus. It is worth it to be open to others and to accept the love and kindness you can get them. You're just focusing on the negative aspects the possible betrayal, the possible judgement you would get from others when their are the positives to accept also that are worth being vulnerable towards. I nod my head as i listen towards the last bit and can't help but let a few tears out at such a thing as i quickly wipe them away with my sleeves and looks towards the red haired man pitying him and wishing i could help him this instance, but knows that tomorrow is the only way to help him. Than Domarus i request that tomorrow you let me accept all that hatred you have bottled inside of you. Hit me with all of it, and don't stop attacking me until you've released all of that anger i will heal you if need be to make sure you don't die from just getting rid of that hatred even if you need a target to unleash it upon. I say towards the red haired man in a serious tone of voice speaking 100% truthfully.

Domarus was surprised to say the least that Ember decided to give him a hug and didn't know what to do at first.  After hesitance however, his arm slowly returned the favor.  It was a bit more awkward than usual though, as this wasn't a hug to get something out of another.  It wasn't a disguise to fool someone.  It was genuine.  She was genuinely hugging him, knowing who he truly was.  She spoke again, telling him it was always worth it to be open.  That he shouldn't focus on the negatives and just think on the positives of what comes with it.  She then told Domarus that she wanted him to release all his hatred on her at once the following day.  To not hold back and to let his wrath loose.  He broke the embrace and looked her in the eyes, seeing the truth in it.  He hesitated before nodding his head. 

"Very well Ember.  I won't ask you to prepare as I know you will.  And I know you aren't the type to hate me after witnessing my hatred full force.  But be careful.  I don't want you to die if I lose myself in my rage."  He turned to Kuro.  "If I'm being honest I don't care much of bits of code that can just be brought back later on.  But I do know you care for Kuro.  He may have tricks up his sleeve, but I implore you to be additionally protective of him in the coming fight."  He stood up and took Ember's hand, shaking it.  A ghost of a smile on his face.  "I guess the pact is sealed."

@Hestia

I shake back as you grab my hand to do so as i look within your eyes with a gentle and caring look with a underlying look of undying determination and hope brimming iwthin my eyes. Than i guess tomorrow i will fight you, and i will do my best to defeat you while also taking on all your hatred to allow you a chance at finally feeling some happiness and maybe seeing something from my perspective Domarus. Though i am certain Kuro can take care of himself he is strong. Stronger than anything else in thsi world he is the reason i've won many battles. He is stronger than most will give him credit for i am certain since he is a defense familiar. I say towards him with a smile as i than nod my head and gives a small wave as i quickly pay for the meal as i start to make my leave of the area. I'll see you tomorrow than. Get some rest okay? Don't want to have too ease of a time when i beat you. I say jokingly over towards the man knowing that him getting a good enough rest is the least of my problems in the future.